- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

I called Ma and told her I needed her to come to bail me out. I was going to call Brian, but Carl rolled his eyes and told me the restraining order, that I apparently didn’t read, covers all contact. Ma told me she works hard for the money she makes and isn’t going to throw it away on someone who can’t follow simple instructions. I called Emmett, because Ted was being a dick.

 

“Emmett, hey I need you to help me out. You won’t believe it, but Brian actually had Carl put me in jail for going to Babylon. I need someone to bail me out.” I tell Emmett.

 

“I would really like to help you, but I think a night in jail might help you realize how serious Brian is about you staying out of his life.” Emmett can’t really think I belong in jail.

 

“Emmett, you would really leave me in jail for the night? I didn’t do anything, I was partying at Babylon and they put me in jail. Brian wasn’t there, and even if he was, I was only trying to have some fun. I would have stayed away from him.” I tell Emmett.

 

“Michael, you can’t be on any property Brian or Justin own. You can’t be anywhere they are. You can’t call them. You can’t even write them a letter. Did you even read the restraining order or did you just pretend it didn’t exist? It doesn’t even have anything to do with me, but I can tell you what it said. Michael, hopefully, no one will want to help you tonight. I think you need to sit in the cell and figure out how to live your life. Brian isn’t going to come flying in and rescue you, we all want you to get some help. It’s time to rescue yourself before you ruin your life running after Brian.” Emmett tells me.

 

“I wasn’t put in jail because I was running after Brian. Why isn’t anybody getting that? I was minding my own business and got arrested for having a good time.” I tell him.

 

“Michael, do yourself a favor, accept that you purposefully violated that restraining order, because you wanted to see Brian. You need to get some help. There are wonderful counselors in Pitts, and as your friend, I’m telling you to schedule an appointment, before we have to start visiting you in prison.” Emmett says bye and hangs up.

 

I was taken back to a cell. I guess I’m staying here tonight. Brian and I were a team, now it’s like everyone wants to split us up.

 

LINDS

 

I woke up and looked around, last night I drove out to Britin. I parked by the house down the street. It’s for sale, so no one would know I was here. I was going to walk through the woods and see if Justin was in his studio. I wanted to try to get him to come to the window so we could talk. I ended up getting lost and it took me two hours just to find my way back to my car.

 

I decided to wait until everyone leaves the house and try to get to Justin. I couldn’t see the house from where I parked so I needed to drive by and check if everyone left yet. Out in the driveway, Justin and Brian were practically fucking against Brian’s car. I wanted to turn in the driveway and grab Justin away from Brian. I almost did, when that fucker Max waved at me and start making a phone call. At least it made Brian stop molesting Justin, but I also knew I had to get out of here.

 

Max must have called the police yesterday when we were all at the school. One of the other parents called to tell me a police officer was looking for me. I wanted to go find Max and tell him to butt out. He is only making it harder for Justin and me to be together. I knew Max would use it to get me in trouble.

 

Maybe it’s time to go to my parent's vacation house and get a plan together. I also want to have the house stocked and ready for us to stay for a while. I called Lynette and told her I need to borrow her car, I don’t want to get stopped by the cops because Max is being a dick and will be following my car.

 

BRIAN

 

Justin and I were saying good-bye in the driveway, when I hear Max telling the police Linds is in front of the house. I look up in time to see her driving away. I wanted to know how she got that close and they didn’t catch her.

 

“It’s a matter of having her and the police in the same place at the same time. We are watching the house and the grounds. I’ll have one of the guys drive around the neighborhood from now on. Although maybe you two could confine the makeout sessions to inside the house.” Max tell me.

 

“Justin and the girls are going to meet me at Kinnetik today for lunch. Justin can’t stay in the house like a prisoner all the time. Who’s picking up Gus and JR?” I ask both Justin and Max.

 

“Mel is taking some vacation time, she is between cases right now. I brought Leslie to watch over her and the kids.” Max tells us.

 

“Maybe we should take the kids and go somewhere this week, the kids have a three day weekend,” Justin suggests.

 

“Why not go to the loft in New York? We can take the kids around and you could shop at Armani.” Justin suggest.

 

I knew I married Justin for a reason. Justin also suggested that Jen could come and help scout locations for Gabriel. I told Max to make it possible. We need to get away from the Pitts. Max told us not to tell anyone our plans and it would be doable. I told him Mel would have to know if we took Gus. Max said Mel would know not to tell anyone. I told Max he could watch the road for Linds while I finished making out with Justin.

 

TED

 

Blake, Austin, and I were meeting Emmett at the diner this morning. Emmett told us Michael was looking for bail last night. Michael seems to think Babylon was neutral in the ‘Michael Novotny can’t be in any property Brian owns’ restraining order.

 

“Did he get anybody to help him?” I asked.

 

“No. Deb let him stew. I told him to get a counselor. I think Carl had to remind him calling Brian would just add more time in the cell. Michael spent all his time convinced Brian would rescue him. Teddy, I’m really worried about Michael. I wanted to help him but I know it’s time to let him sink or swim.” Emmett tells me.

 

“Emmett, it’s sink. Michael thinks he isn’t doing anything wrong.” I tell Emmett.

 

“I think it’s because Brian was always protecting him. Michael took it as his right to know and be involved in everything to do with Brian.” Emmett tells us.

 

“I think Michael is scared of change. Think about it Emmett, any change and Michael becomes a child in an adult's body.” I tell him.

 

“I think you’re both overthinking it. Michael wants everything his way and if he doesn’t get it, he tries to force his way in. Everyone has to do what Michael wants or we deal with arms folded in front of him and pissy Michael for the night. I see it because I wasn’t a part of your group and have a low tolerance for bullshit.” Blake tells us.

 

Emmett and I think of all the times Michael did the things Blake mentioned. I remember him standing on the stairs at Babylon with Ben, Emmett, and me. Michael did exactly what Blake described. It also happened at David’s party, and when he found out about Mel splitting with Linds. I think Blake is right, we all stopped noticing Michael’s tantrums.

 

“Michael acting like a petulant child is his problem, we have our own families,” Blake tells us.

 

“Who the fuck do you think you are telling Emmett and Ted not to help me?” Great, Michael is here.

 

“I’m an adult who takes care of my family, Michael,” Blake tells Michael.

 

“No, you’re a drug addict, who is telling my friends to abandon me.” Michael folds those arms and whines.

 

“Yes, I was a drug addict Michael. But I got treatment and was able to pull my life together. You, on the other hand, seems to think if you push and shove everyone around, they will forgive you. As I said, I don’t really care. If you're not Ted or Austin, I don’t have time for you. Now if you want to still have friends left, I suggest you get some treatment yourself before all your friends join Michael Anonymous.” Blake tells him before he and I get up. Blake to drop Austin off at daycare and hang out with the drug counselors he works with, me to get to work at Kinnetik.

 

LINDS

 

I drove out to my parent's vacation house, my parents were there with some friends. They are going to ruin my plans for Justin. I tried to convince them to go home. Mother told me either stay and meet some eligible men or leave. I told her Mel and I ended our relationship and I hope to start a new one with Justin. Mother was thrilled, it was a man. She wanted to know all about him.

 

“He comes from a good family, works hard, and is making his mark on the art world. I met him when Gus was born. We want to have a child together soon.” I tell her.

 

“He doesn’t mind your past?” Mother asks.

 

I tell her he and I both want to get away from the past and work on a future. I hope to get married soon and that we will be living in a loft he owns in New York. She asked when I was going to introduce him to her and daddy. I told her I would bring him over for dinner soon. Mother told me to stay for the weekend, we could start planning the wedding.

 

Mother and I left and started shopping for my dress. Mother was practically shoving money at people to help get the wedding planned. She told me I had to look my best and she was going to see that I got what I wanted for my wedding. Mother even offered to buy us a house in her neighborhood. I finally did something my mother approved of.

 

JUSTIN

 

I was excited that we were going to New York for the weekend. I get to have some freedom. Peter wanted me to do an interview while we were there but otherwise, our time was to have fun. JR had a party and sleepover with her friends, so Gus was the only one coming with us. Mom told me she would take the kids Saturday morning and Brian and I could meet them for lunch. I told Brian.

 

“You tell Mommy she has a deal. I’ll even throw in a spa day on Sunday, as a thank-you for helping me keep you naked till noon.” Brian has been trying to make my mother blush, so far she’s winning.

 

I was putting lunch for the girls out when I hear Michael in the lobby trying to get into the building. Is there some smoke signal outside that says to Michael and Linds ‘Please come and ruin our day’?

 

“Look, I'll stand right outside the door but could you just tell Brian I'm here. It’s important that he listens to me.” Michael tells the security guard.

 

“Mr Novotny, you need to leave the premises.” He tells Michael.

 

“BRIAN, I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU. “ Michael shouts.

 

“Mr Novotny please leave now.” The guard tells him.

 

Michael is trying to get around the guard. Max walks outside and grabs Michael by the arm. Michael tried to get free, telling everyone Brian needs to talk to him. Carl pulls up to the front and Max helps get Michael in the car. Michael is still yelling for Brian to help him.

 

“What wrong with dat man?” Victoria asked Brian.

 

“That’s what Daddy wants to know,” Brian tells her.

 

I think it’s what we all want to know.