- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I want to again shout out a thanks to Lorie for all her time today,

MAX

 

Kell was coming to Pittsburgh. He told us Linds is someone to study.

 

“I don’t care if you lock her in a cage and keep cameras in the room. This isn’t a case study, it’s a fucking lunatic messing with my family.” Brian tells Kell.

 

“I understand you're frustrated that we can’t just lock her up and throw away the key. I just meant that she managed to keep from escalating for ten years. A person doesn’t suddenly become a stalker.” Kell tells Brian.

 

Brian got up and left the room. Kell told me he would be here in a few hours. I needed to get to the police station and see what was going on. I want to be able to tell them it’s almost over, but if she can convince someone to help her, we are stuck in wait mode again.

 

At the police station, Carl tells me what Linds tried to do. I ask to see the video.

 

“Did you see her smile while telling Alex, it wouldn’t be a pen next time?” Carl asks me.

 

“Carl, I have a friend from the BAU coming in, can we get permission for him to be involved in this?” I ask.

 

“I don’t think it’ll be a problem, the problem we have right now is her father is sending in an attorney. We can’t talk to her without him present.” Carl tells me.

 

I wanted Kell to have a chance to talk to her. I guess we can still try, but an attorney is going to make it difficult.

 

LINDS

 

I finally got to call Daddy. I told him that Mel and Brian were causing problems about Gus and filed a restraining order. I just wanted to see my child, was that so bad. Daddy told me not to worry he would send someone to get me out. I knew he would help me. I told Carl that until my attorney arrived they needed to leave me alone.

 

Dean McAllister showed up and told them to get the handcuffs off. I smirked at the officer as he took them off. Dean told me to let him read the file and then we could talk.

 

“Linds, I was told this was about child custody. Why are you being charged with violating a restraining order, for not only Gus but for Justin Taylor?” Dean asks me.

 

“Justin’s husband wants to keep Justin from leaving to be with me. They are trying to discredit me so Justin and I can’t be together.” I tell Dean.

 

“Linds, you're being accused of stalking. This isn’t a silly little charge, if they can prove any of this, it could mean jail time.” Dean tells me.

 

“I’m not stalking Justin. We want to get married. It’s Brian Kinney who is trying to make it so Justin can’t leave him. If someone could just get Justin to talk to them without anyone else around you’d see I’m right.” I tell Dean.

 

“I’m going to try and get them to set bail. But it would be best for you not to contact Justin. I’ll try to talk to him and see if we can clear this up.” Dean tells me.

 

I hope this doesn’t take long. I want to get back to planning the wedding.

 

NANCY

 

I was telling my friend Claire about the plans for Linds’s wedding. I’ve already spent quite a bit to make this an event. Claire was happy for Linds. I told her Linds was going to marry a famous artist.

 

“Is it anyone we know?” Claire asked me.

 

“His name is Justin Taylor. I know his art but won’t meet him until we have dinner with Linds and him.” I was showing off.

 

“Are you sure she said, Justin Taylor?” Claire looks confused.

 

“That’s the name Linds gave us. Why, do you know something about him?” I ask Claire.

 

“If it’s the Justin Taylor, I know Linds has to be mistaken. Justin is gay, and married.” Claire tells me.

 

“She said he’s from Pittsburgh and he comes from a good family. I doubt it's the same person you know. Linds and her Justin are planning to have a child together as soon as possible.” I tell Claire. I don’t want her spreading gossip about my soon to be son-in-law.

 

“Maybe it’s not the same person, but the only artist I know named Justin Taylor is married to Brian Kinney and I'm pretty sure they have children together,” Claire told me. I tried to remain calm. I know that Brian is Gus’s father.

 

“Well, it’s not important right now. Why don’t we join everyone else.” I tell her. I need to talk to Ron.

 

I found Ron talking on his phone. I tried to interrupt but he told me to shut up, Linds was in some kind of trouble because Mel and Brian are trying to keep her away from Gus. I waited patiently for him to get off the phone. Ron hung up and immediately called Dean. Linds was arrested for trying to see Gus was all I got from the phone calls. Ron told me he’d have Linds out before anyone found out. I told Ron about the conversation I had with Claire. We needed to find out who Justin Taylor was. I was praying Claire was wrong. I had been bragging to everyone about Linds’s engagement. If Justin is really gay, and married already, we are going to look like laughing stocks to everyone. I even ordered the announcement to be in the paper tomorrow. My God how will I ever show my face again if Linds lied to us.

 

MICHAEL

 

I need to talk to someone, I decided Blake would work. I called him at the clinic and asked if we could talk.

 

“Michael if you want to whine or complain, don’t come to the clinic. If you seriously want advice, I’ll try but I’m not qualified to help you.” Blake tells me.

 

“I just need someone to listen and not judge me.” I tell Blake.

 

“Don’t make me regret saying yes. I'll be at the clinic waiting.” Blake tells me.

 

I got a bus and went into the clinic, Blake told me to wait in his office. I watched him talking to some guy. Blake was really kind to him. I wanted to tell Blake they should be tougher on these people. They do the drugs that get them in trouble, but I figured he would tell me to leave.

 

“Okay Michael, I have about an hour then I have to leave to pick up Austin. What did you want to talk about?” Blake asks me.

 

“I want to know why everyone thinks I’m stalking Brian?” I really don’t understand it.

 

“Michael, this would be better if you talk to someone qualified for treating you.” Blake tells me.

 

“Well, you're a counselor, can’t you at least try?” I mean, he helps other people.

 

“Michael, this is my personal view. Not as a counselor as you put it, but as an observer of your actions. You believe Brian wants you but he held himself back out of friendship. What I saw was that Brian has always treated you like a brother. There might have been some interactions where you could have mistaken his motives but in the end, it’s obvious he couldn’t love you the way you wanted. Instead of being happy with Ben, you continued to pursue Brian, and ruined the healthy relationship you had with Ben. When you could have fixed the cracks in your relationship, you instead tried to get Brian to save you. You treated Brian’s life like it didn’t exist outside of the ‘Brian and Mikey show’. Brian couldn’t be your friend because you want more than he can give you. Michael, I am going to say this and hope you take it the way it’s intended. Brian isn’t going to leave Justin for you, ever. Brian is in love with Justin and probably has been from almost the beginning, all he ever felt for you was the love a brother would feel.” Blake tells me.

 

“Brian has offered me more Blake. We always said we’d be two old queens living in Palm Springs one day. We have kids in common, and I get he’s with Justin, but he loves me. He told me he always has and always will. Don’t you see?” I tell him.

 

“When did Brian tell you that you would be two old queens living in Palm Springs?” Blake asks me.

 

“He used to say it all the time but it started soon after we met.” I tell Blake.

 

“At the time, Brian probably didn’t see a relationship in his future, so he figured you guys would still be single and hanging out. Brian wasn’t referring to a relationship but to your friendship. If Brian had wanted more I think he would have stopped you from getting married to Ben. From what Ted told me, Brian practically threw your wedding for you. Michael, stop trying to make everything Brian ever did about him loving you, and see it as he cared for his friend. If you want to be able to have Brian in your life you need to show him you can do as he asks and leave him alone. If you do that, one day you might be able to be friends again.” Blake tells me.

 

I thank Blake for talking to me. Blake told me to seek some help from a counselor and get my life in order. I told Blake I would think about it. I could always talk to the psychiatrist that comes to Woody’s. I know Brian talks to him sometimes. He could help me at least get Brian to talk to me again.

 

LINDS

 

I was starting to get irritated. I should be out by now. Dean hasn’t even come back to talk to me. Carl was going to put me in a cell, I told him they would have to carry me out of the room.

 

“Linds, this isn’t a hotel stay, you're being charged with stalking, assault, and violation of the restraining order. If we tell you to go to the cell, you're going to a cell.” Carl tells me.

 

“My father is going to have your badge for this Carl.” I tell him.

 

Carl tells the officer to carry me if he has to. I decide to walk on my own, but I made sure to get every name so Dean could make sure they lose their jobs for treating me so badly. One officer wouldn’t give me his name. I told him my father would just make sure they all lost their jobs. He told me good luck with my wishful thinking. I slapped him.

 

“Well Linds, we can now add two assaults to the growing list of charges. Anything else you want to do to help us?” Carl tells me.

 

“Fuck off, Carl. When Justin and my father get here, you are going to wish you’d helped me.” I tell him.

 

“Linds, I wish I could tell everyone here I don’t know you. That I’ve never sat around a dinner table with you. I won’t get my wish any more than you will.” Carl slammed the cell door and left.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I won't be posting till late tomorrow night but I have the weekend off, I will most likey be finishing this one. I have one already itching to come out. It's going to be crack fic.