- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

 

DEAN

 

I called Ron and told him this wasn’t a simple misunderstanding. Linds already has three charges and the last two are serious enough that she could go to prison. Ron tells me he and Nancy are on their way home, and that I should meet them there.

 

“Ron, Linds suggested I talk to Justin, and that he would clear up the misunderstandings,” I tell him.

 

“Why don’t Nancy and I come with you? Maybe we could get them to let this go.” Ron tells me.

 

“Ron, all Justin could do is revoke his restraining order. The other charges are another restraining order Linds’s partner has, and an assault charge. Linds tried to stab the psychiatrist sent in to talk to her with a pen. I don’t think we can just sweep this under a rug.” I tell Ron.

 

“Look, meet us at our house and we’ll go to see Justin together. I doubt she was trying to harm anyone.” Ron tells me.

 

I agreed to wait for them and we could talk to Justin. Nancy and Ron arrived and we drove out to Justin Taylor’s residence. I told Ron and Nancy that Linds felt if we were able to talk to Justin alone, he could help her case.

 

“Is this the house?” Nancy asked me.

 

“It’s the address on the restraining order,” I told them.

 

“Linds was right, that Justin has done well for himself. I’m sure once we talk to him, everything will be fine.” Nancy tells Ron.

 

“Nancy, this house is owned by both Mr Taylor and Mr Kinney,” I tell her.

 

Nancy told me it didn’t matter. We walked up to the door and ring the bell. The man answering the door asked us to state our business. Nancy bristled at the way he said it.

 

“We would like to speak to Justin Taylor. Please be courteous enough to let him know that Nancy and Ron Peterson are here and that we would like to speak to him alone.” Nancy told the man.

 

“I’ll have to see if he is willing to see guests, and may I have your name?” He asks me.

 

“Dean McAllister, Linds’s attorney,” I tell him.

 

The man leads us to a room and tells us he’ll let Justin know we are here. Nancy seems fascinated with the room. She tells Ron that Justin must be doing very well to have a house like this. I’m already regretting helping them. Nancy is more concerned with Justin’s material wealth than her daughter.

 

JUSTIN

 

Brian was reading the paper and he told me, “Congratulations, you’re getting married. Linds’s mother just announced your engagement to all of Pittsburgh.”

 

“Then they better be prepared to un-announce it,” I told Brian.

 

 

I was too happy to really care about the announcement. Max told me it could feed into Linds’s fantasy world. I told him, for now, I want to concentrate on the freedom to do things again. Linds being in jail is like a 'get out of jail' card for me. Max told me I still had to have someone with me but we could relax security as long as she has to sit her ass in jail. I wanted to shout 'FREEDOM' everywhere I went. Brian told me to enjoy it while I could because if she's released I go back to my cell.

 

I was thinking of all the things I could fit into a day for the girls and me when Max ruined my high. Apparently, when he went to answer the door, they wanted to see me.

 

“Justin, you have guests who would like to speak to you. They're asking to speak to you alone.” Max doesn't seem to like the idea.

 

“Who was at the door?” Brian asks him.

 

“An attorney, Dean McAllister, and Linds’s parents,” Max tells us.

 

“Why do they want to talk to me and why alone?” I ask him.

 

“They wouldn't tell me, just said they needed to see you and would like it to be alone,” Max tells me.

 

“I don’t want you to talk to them, Justin,” Brian tells me.

 

“Guess we won't find out until I talk to them. Brian let me do this, give me five minutes. Then you can come in and kick them out if you want to.” I tell him.

 

“Justin, I would really prefer to be there,” Max tells me.

 

“If they are here to get Linds out, I will not just say no but FUCK NO. Give me five minutes, then come in the room. Are they in the den?” I ask Max.

 

Max nods his head and tells me he and Brian are going to stay outside the den door.  I told him to keep Brian from rushing into the room. I open the door and see them all standing around, looking like they are casing the room.

 

“Hi, can I help you?” I ask them.

 

“Young man we are waiting for Justin Taylor. Could you go tell him we need to see him?” The woman tells me. I assume this is Nancy.

 

“Well I would go tell myself to hurry, but since I’m already here, you want to tell me why you want to see me?” I know I was being an ass.

 

“I think we are looking for your father, is Justin Taylor senior here?” She really should check her facts.

 

“I am Justin Taylor, no senior or junior in the name. You have about five minutes before I walk out, so I suggest you sit down and tell me why you're in MY home.” I tried to sound all Waspy.

 

“Mr Taylor, I’m Linds’s attorney and was asked to speak to you on her behalf. She feels you could help her clear up the misunderstanding that caused her to be in this situation.” The attorney tells me.

 

“Well, the only misunderstanding Linds and I seem to have is in her delusional mind,” I tell them.

 

“Justin, if you need us to help you leave this house, I’ll make sure you go with us. Linds wants to begin your life together, and unless you help her, she could end up incarcerated.” Nancy tell me.

 

“Are you guys being serious?” I ask them.

 

“Justin, Linds and I spent the weekend planning your wedding. Linds wouldn’t have done all that unless you gave her a reason to think you wanted to marry her.” Nancy tells me.

 

“The only person I have EVER wanted to be married to is Brian Kinney. I don’t care if Linds is telling God himself we are getting married, it won’t make it true. In fact, if you’re here to plead for your daughter, you can walk right out the front door. I have been treated like a prisoner on lockdown in my own house because your daughter has decided to make my life hell.” I tell them.

 

“Justin, you need to think of how this will affect Linds and our family. I’m sure if you tell the police Linds misunderstood your intentions, everything will be fine. Ron and I don’t want to have to make this harder for you.” Nancy tells me.

 

“What could you and Ron do that your daughter already hasn’t?” I ask her.

 

“We would hate to have to tell our friends that you purposely tried to make us look bad,” Nancy tells me.

 

“Mr Taylor, can we please get back to the issue of Linds. Are you willing to help her?” Mr Attorney cuts in. Nancy isn’t pleased with him cutting her off.

 

“I think it’s time all of you understand the facts, and not the fantasy your daughter and your client has weaved. I’ve never been into pussy, will never want anything to do with it, and will never let my sperm enter her twat. I like COCK, in fact, I love it, what that means, in simple English is, I AM GAY. Linds is not my future anything, and I have never given her the impression I want anything AT ALL FROM HER. If you were stupid enough NANCY, to believe Linds, who normally prefers TWAT, that is your problem. My problem started the minute your daughter got the idea she should not only run my career but that she should also marry a gay man. I haven’t been able to even go to the FUCKING GROCERY STORE without security guards, because YOUR DAUGHTER IS FUCKING STALKING ME AND MY FAMILY. I had to leave fucking town because Linds decided to spend the night two houses away to try to see me. I WILL NOT HELP YOUR DAUGHTER, NOR WILL I KEEP YOUR FAMILY FROM THE EMBARRASSMENT YOU CAUSED YOURSELF BY PUTTING A WEDDING ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE PAPER THIS MORNING.” I was yelling but I’ve had it.

 

“Now, I would like for you to leave and never again darken any place I happen to be. Mr McAllister, I would suggest you brush up on the stalking laws in the State of Pennsylvania if you want to keep calling this ‘a misunderstanding’. By the way, my name is and has been Justin Taylor-Kinney for the last three years, and if I have any say in it, it will be my name for the rest of my life.” I tell them. Brian opens the door and is standing in the doorway smirking at them. He walks over and puts his arms around me and kisses me, he’s kind of a show-off.

 

“Brian, think of Gus. I’m sure you don’t him embarrassed by all of this.” Nancy tells him.

 

“Truthfully, Gus will be fine with Justin, Mel, and me as his parents, since Linds hasn’t bothered to see him. Wonder if she learned her parenting from you.” Brian tells her.

 

Nancy turned and walked out the door. The attorney is most likely wishing he never met the Petersons.

 

LINDS

 

I was told that my parents and attorney wanted to see me. I told the guard he should start looking for a security job at the Big Q. He told me I should worry about how to explain all the charges. I walked into the room with my parents and Dean.

 

“I can’t believe it takes this much time to clear up a misunderstanding.” I snark at Dean.

 

“We need to talk about how you want to defend yourself,” Dean tells me.

 

“I told you to talk to Justin and he would help me,” I tell them.

 

“Linds, we did talk to Justin, and he isn’t going to help you. We need to talk about why you lied to me about you and Justin getting married.” Mother tells me.

 

“Justin and I ARE getting married and you better not have said anything to upset him,” I tell her.

 

 

“Linds, first of all, he’s practically a child compared to you. Second of all he is gay and went very crudely into detail about it. I now have to find a way to make it sound like you wanted to postpone getting married until people forget I put an announcement in the paper. I don’t appreciate you causing me to embarrass myself like this.” Mother tells me.

 

I looked at my mother and thought of ways to shut her the hell up. They obviously upset Justin and he told them he didn’t want to be related to them. I thought I found someone who supported me, now she is the one causing more problems for me. I got up from the table and told Dean that we could talk in a minute. I walked to my mother and hugged her, then I pushed her into the wall. I just wanted to make her feel my pain. I don’t remember anything after she hit the wall. I just know I wanted to her to no longer be able to talk.