- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

KELL

 

I was told by Max to contact Detective Horvath. Max told me Linds had requested a lawyer. I wanted to watch the interview with the doctor, it was her first jump to violence.

 

I was directed to Detective Horvath’s office when I got to the station. I walked in to see the detective talking to a red-headed woman.

 

“You should let me talk to Linds, I’ll slap some sense into her.” The woman told him.

 

“Deb, she isn’t like your boys, she isn’t even the Linds you know anymore. Let us handle this; go find your son and slap some sense into him, he’s also acting like an idiot.” Carl tells her.

 

“Excuse me, Detective Horvath, I’m Kell Foster. I wanted to talk to you about Linds.” I interrupted them.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, I don’t think you’ll have much to do here. Linds has been racking up charges at an alarming rate. Oh, and I’d like you to meet my wife Debbie.” Carl tells me.

 

“Hello. If you need to know anything, come by the diner and I’ll fill you in and feed you. You look like you could eat.” Debbie tells me.

 

I thank Debbie, she then tells us she is going to look for stalker number two. I asked if Justin has another stalker.

 

“No. Sunshine got the bat shit crazy stalker, this one is Brian’s,” Debbie tells me.

 

“Are you worried about Brian’s stalker too?” I ask Carl.

 

“It’s my son Michael. He never progressed past the age of fourteen where Brian is concerned. Michael is too lazy to do any harm to Brian and Sunshine. I have to go Carl. Call me when you’re on your way and I’ll warm up dinner.” Debbie kisses Carl, pats me on the ass and leaves.

 

“Don’t mind Deb, she just mothers everyone. Like I was telling you, with the assault on Alex and attacking an officer, we have enough to keep her.” Carl tells me.

 

“I would still like to see the tapes and if possible be in the room if anyone interviews her. We are really interested in the sudden escalation in her stalking.” I tell Carl.

 

“Her parents just arrived with her lawyer, so we can’t talk to her yet,” Carl tells me.

 

“You know her personally. Tell me what you’ve seen.” I tell him.

 

“She was like most people. She lived with her partner Mel Marcus for over ten years and had two children. Debbie told me Linds could be prudish but other than that nothing sticks out.” Carl tells me.

 

“What about her interactions with Justin?” It’s the baseline I need to start with.

 

“You’d need to talk to their friends and Mel. I really never saw her with Justin. Truthfully, most people we see that have a stalker have had to file report after report. With Linds, it all started with the first restraining order.” Carl cuts off when we hear an officer yell to get some help.

 

I follow Carl out of the room. He tells me it’s the room Linds was in with her parents and the attorney. I hear a woman screaming.

 

“YOU DON’T GET TO TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY LIFE. I WISH YOU WOULD JUST SHUT THE HELL UP. EVERYONE IS WORKING AGAINST ME. YOU COULDN’T JUST WELCOME MY HUSBAND. NO, YOU HAD TO THROW YOUR OPINION IN. JUSTIN WOULD PROBABLY BE HERE IF YOU COULD LEARN TO SHUT YOUR MOUTH.” Linds has her mother pinned to the wall with her hands around her throat slamming her mother's head into the wall with each sentence. The mother isn't even responsive.

 

The officers are trying to get Linds to let go of her mother. The mother is like a rag doll being shaken, Linds had to have been choking her longer than it took for us to get here. In the room are two other men who are standing on the other side of the room seemingly in shock, just watching. Linds is still trying to kill her mother. I walk over and wrap my arms around her and pull her away.

 

“LET ME GO. I NEED TO MAKE SURE SHE CAN’T INTERFERE ANYMORE.” Linds is struggling and now trying to kick her mother’s lifeless body on the ground. Carl grabs handcuffs while I hold her in a bear hug. We finally get her restrained, Linds is still trying to get loose. Another officer starts CPR on the mother.

 

“How long was this going on before we got here?” Carl asks the lawyer.

 

“We were discussing her defense plan and she walked over to Nancy and was hugging her. Then it was like she just exploded.” Lind’s father tells us.

 

We were sitting there waiting for the EMT’s to arrive. The officer got the mother breathing, while Linds was ranting.

 

“STOP HELPING HER. I DON’T WANT HER TO UPSET JUSTIN ANYMORE. ALL SHE EVER DID WAS LOOK DOWN ON ME. SHE DESERVES TO NEVER BREATHE AGAIN. ALL I WANTED WAS TO HAVE THE PERFECT WEDDING AND SHE TELLS ME TO CANCEL IT. IT WAS MY FUCKING TURN. LYNETTE GOT FOUR WEDDINGS AND ALL I WANTED WAS THIS ONE. SHE FUCKING RUINED IT.” Linds was still ranting as they took her from the room.

 

Her mother was in bad shape. When we walked in she wasn’t even struggling anymore. Linds isn’t a huge woman, but the adrenaline made her superwoman. I told the two officers next time don’t try to pull her off, just dislodge her arms. Ron told the EMT’s Linds was slamming Nancy’s head against the wall and by the time she was choking her, Nancy wasn’t fighting her.

 

“What the hell were you doing when your daughter tried to kill your wife?” Carl asked them sarcastically.

 

“We were surprised, officer. I opened the door and got help as soon as I was able.” Ron tells Carl.

 

I told Carl not to try to reason with them. The lawyer told Ron to get a good criminal lawyer and have Linds committed to a reputable hospital because no friendship could make him defend Linds. With that said, the lawyer shook his head and left.

 

“You can tell Mel this is her problem,” Ron told Carl and left. Hopefully heading to the hospital with his wife.

 

I told Carl, the stalking is now the least of Linds’s worries.

 

MICHAEL

 

I waited around Woody’s for Alex Wilder to show up. I wanted to talk to him and get his opinion of the whole situation with Brian. Alex walked in and asked for a shot. I paid for it and he thanked me.

 

“Alex, I don’t know if you remember me. I'm Michael Novotny, Brian’s best friend.” I hope he remembers.

 

“Yes, Michael. I think everyone knows you're his best friend, you remind everyone constantly,” Alex tells me.

 

“I was hoping we could talk, I need help with Brian,” I tell him.

 

“I have office hours. Right now I need to relax. Brian’s friends are going to be the death of me.” Alex started muttering.

 

“All I want is your opinion, it’s not like you're doing anything important right now,” I tell him.

 

“My opinion is given during my office hours, for a fee. Now if you’ll excuse me.” Alex walked over to another guy waiting at a table.

 

I followed but decided to sit at another table. I hear that bitch Linds got herself put in jail. Man, I need to see her ass behind bars. Who’s the better person now. I walk out of the bar and head to the police station. There was an ambulance there and I saw them taking someone out of the station. I walked into the station and everyone was kind of frantic. I was looking for a way to see Linds. I walked up to one of the officers I knew would help me.

 

“I want to talk to Lindsay Peterson,” I tell him.

 

“She’s being locked down in a cell.” He tells me.

 

“Come on, I promise just to look in and get out of your way,” I tell him.

 

“Michael if you get caught I didn’t let you in there.” He tells me.

 

We walk to the holding cells and he let me slip in, it pays to have friends in the police department. I looked at Linds all by herself in a cell. I wanted to gloat and I was thrilled to be able to.

 

“Looks like your plan didn’t work. Then again, what do you expect from little miss ‘I’m better than everyone else’.” I sneer at her. Linds is staring at me but says nothing.

 

“Brian didn’t throw my ass in jail. I guess your smelly twat wasn’t that good.” She isn’t talking to me. I need to really take her down a notch.

 

“Must suck to know that Justin wasn’t willing to take one for the team and let you suck his dick.” I finally got a reaction.

 

“Michael can you come over to the bars, I need to tell you a secret Brian told me about you,” Linds tells me.

 

I walk over to hear what she has to say. Maybe Brian wants to see me. She tells me she needs to whisper it. I turn my head to let her whisper in my ear.

 

“Brian told me after seeing you naked that the idea of having to entertain himself with your tiny cock left him headed for the baths, looking for one he wouldn’t mistake for his pinky finger,” Linds whispers to me. Then she grabbed my head and starts trying to bite my ear off.

 

I was screaming and smacking her head trying to keep her from biting off my ear. Carl comes into the room and tells Linds to stop or he was going to pepper spray her. She lets go and I can feel the blood going down my neck. I look at her, she has blood around her mouth and she spits part of my ear at me. I was holding my ear and screaming from the pain.

 

“Kell can you stay here and make sure no one gets in this room with Linds, I have to take my idiot stepson to the emergency room. Michael shut the hell up.” Carl yells at me.

 

Carl and I went to the emergency room and the doctor told us I will just be missing a piece of my ear. He was worried about infection. Apparently, the human mouth is full of bacteria or something. I wanted to point out that Brian should be worried about Linds, not me.