- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Cover your eye when you get to the end of this, I was kind of creeped out, myself.

JUSTIN

 

I have to say, cheesecake is amazing. Gus and I were in food heaven. Brian offered to buy a whole one and I had to sadly tell him no. I don’t want to have to work out. Brian wanted to take Gus to Armani. He thought it was time to introduce his son to fashion. Gus told him fashion could wait, but the toy store was a must. Brian told me he was going to have to wait for the girls to grow up.

 

Saturday was like the times before Brian and I had kids. Between the times Brian tried to put me into a coma from orgasms, I sketched and painted. Brian sat behind me to watch me work. I told him we need to have 'naked day' more often.

 

My mother took the kids to the Museum of Natural History. She told us it’s more kid-friendly. She asked if we had a good morning.

 

“Mommy, anytime I get Justin alone it’s a good morning,” Brian smirked at her.

 

“Brian, you need to learn why closets and the pantry were invented.” My mother smirks back at him.

 

“Closets are fine, but I need room to maneuver. Justin is flexible but I don’t want to put my back out having to lift him,” Brian really needs to stop trying to outsmart my mom.

 

“All I can say is, get to the gym and carrying him around won’t be an issue.” She tells him.

 

“You do have a point, I could install a heavy duty bar in the closet. Then Justin could use it for leverage.” Brian tells my mom. My mom is trying not to blush, but well, Brian was determined.

 

“You win, this one,” Mom says, laughing.

 

We took the kids to lunch, Mom was going with Gabriel to scout some locations. Brian decided we could have a family movie night. The whole weekend reminded us of what we wanted.

 

MAX

 

I listened to Linds’s messages on Justin’s phone. Something caused her to pull Justin from the pedestal she had him on. I talked to a friend in the BAU and he told me as long as Justin didn’t do anything to disillusion Linds, she wouldn’t want to hurt him. The minute something he does goes against her beliefs, she is going to start aiming her anger at him. This phone call is the fall we’ve been waiting for.

 

“Justin, what the fuck would make you tell that reporter Brian was your inspiration? I was the one who encouraged you to keep painting, not fucking Brian. Why are you telling people Brian is your inspiration? I was there the whole time trying to make sure you could work and fucking create. I’m the only fucking person who believed in you. Brian doesn’t deserve any credit for what I was doing. Brian was too busy fucking his way through Pittsburgh to give a damn if you ever woke up from a coma. Brian didn’t stand by you when Michael was treating you like crap, I DID. WHY WOULD YOU HURT ME BY SAYING BRIAN IS THE REASON YOU'RE AN ARTIST. BRIAN WAS ALWAYS KICKING YOU OUT AND I WAS THE ONE WHO TOOK YOU IN AND STAYED YOUR FRIEND. YOU NEED TO FUCKING CALL THAT REPORTER AND TELL HIM IT WAS ME. I AM TIRED OF HAVING TO DO ALL THE WORK TO KEEP OUR RELATIONSHIP ON TRACK. YOU'RE GOING TO START HELPING TO PLAN OUR FUCKING WEDDING AND WE ARE GOING TO MEET WITH MY PARENTS AS SOON AS YOU CONTACT ME.” The message was cut off. Linds wasn’t through with her comments though.

 

“Justin, I’m sorry I had to be harsh on the last message but it feels like you’re pulling away from me. Stop listening to Max and Brian. They don’t understand that we belong together. Did Brian tell you to say those things in the interview? I forgive you for not telling the reporter it was me who inspired you. I also need you to call because my mother and father would like us to come to dinner and plan the wedding. We need to nail down a date, so we can rent the hall and arrange the wedding with a planner. I don’t want to use Emmett. I want it to be a beautiful wedding. I also think you need to tell your mother that unless she can support us, she isn’t going to be invited. I guess I should just go ahead and include Daphne and anybody from the gang in that.” It cut her off again. I have her traced to Pittsburgh and it looks like the area her parents live.

 

“Justin if you would FUCKING PICK UP THE PHONE, I WOULDN’T HAVE TO KEEP CALLING BACK. MAYBE IF YOU WOULD GET RID OF THE GOD DAMN WATCHDOGS, WE COULD TALK. IT’S LIKE YOU WANT TO PISS ME OFF. PICK UP THE FUCKING PHONE JUSTIN.” Linds hangs up.

 

Carl called and told us she is at her parents' house. Carl is waiting for her to answer the door. We have her for violating the restraining order but if she can find someone to bail her out, it’s going to be a mess trying to contain her. Linds called again.

 

“Justin, please call me. I know if we can talk, everything will be okay. Come to me. I’ll take care of everything... Carl, what are you doing here? What do you mean arrest me? What have I done? Don’t you dare touch me, my father will get a lawyer that will sue you to the ground. I don’t care what Brian thinks, Justin needs me to take care of him. I’m not going with you…” The phone cuts off.

 

Brian and Justin are on their way home, I want to give them a chance to get home before we have to discuss what happens next.

 

BRIAN

 

We were pulling into the driveway and Max was waiting. What the hell happened now? Max tells Justin that Allen will watch the kids. Allen is waiting and takes Gus and the girls inside. I guess we didn’t stay away long enough because Justin’s shoulders are tense again.

 

“We need to talk. Linds was taken in an hour ago. I need to know what could cause her to think you aren’t giving her credit for her part in your life.” Max asks Justin. Justin was about to get defensive. I tell Max we need to go inside and discuss this. I told Max to give Justin and I a minute alone and then we can talk. Justin walks into the office and I pull him to me.

 

“No matter what happened, you know you didn’t do anything. None of this is your fault. I need you to remember that. Max isn’t saying this is your fault, he just needs to figure out why Linds did whatever she did.” I put our foreheads together and make him look me in the eye.

 

“Why does it feel like everything I do is causing Linds to react this way?” Justin asks me.

 

“Justin, don’t try to understand crazy, just accept that she is doing this to herself, you never did anything that caused this.” I feel him relax.

 

I called Max in so we could hear what happened while we were gone.

 

“Justin, you did an interview this week?” Max asks Justin.

 

“It was a small human interest piece. I don’t even think it was more than a couple minutes long. Why?” Justin asks Max.

 

“We think Linds saw the interview, Peter is sending it to your email so we can watch it together. I have a friend in the BAU, we need to send it to him too. Kell wants to talk to both of you.” Max tells us.

 

I pull up the email and forward it to Kell. Max called him and put him on speaker phone. We watched the clip, it was less than five minutes. I wanted to kiss Justin for what he said but Max and Kell were talking, and we needed to listen.

 

“It was Justin giving all the credit to Brian. That explains the messages. When was this interview done?” Kell asks.

 

“Thursday, but they didn’t play it till last night. I forgot to watch it.” Justin tells Kell and Max.

 

“When did the phone calls start?” Kell asks Max.

 

“Maybe an hour and a half ago. She was still calling Justin every day, but it was like a reminder to call her. I forwarded the calls to you. Right now I’m concerned she is going to escalate. The detective here, Carl Horvath, told me her parents or sister could bail her out. She is only violating the restraining order to not contact Justin. If she spins this right with her family, she could be out tonight or tomorrow.” Max tells Kell.

 

“Any chance we can move Justin and his family to a secure location?” Kell asks Max.

 

“This house has better security than the FBI does, but it might be something to talk about,” Max tells Kell.

 

“I’m not going to be run out of my home. I’ll do whatever you ask, but I'm not leaving my house.” Justin tells all of us.

 

“Justin, stalkers tend to protect you until you do anything that shatters their fantasy. Then every rejection becomes magnified. She is going to blame you when you don’t agree with her or do what she believes is the reality. She just knocked you off the pedestal she put you on because you simply said Brian was your inspiration. She was able to keep her fantasy until she heard from your lips that she wasn’t important. If you don’t want to leave your house then listen to Max. Don’t let Linds convince you to meet her. If you see her, run, do not walk away.” Kell tells Justin.

 

“What is it going to take to stop this shit?” I ask them. They are going to find a way to get her out of Justin’s life.

 

“She is going to have to be caught trying to harm Justin or someone else, trying to get to Justin,” Kell tells me.

 

“Are you telling me that all the restraining orders are fucking useless.” I can’t help that I sound angry.

 

“No. The real problem is she isn’t threatening to harm anyone. If she threatened to harm you or anybody in Justin’s life, we would have more leverage. She will be ordered to seek treatment because of the phone calls, and if she calls after that, any judge will put her in jail. It’s a waiting game.” Kell tells us.

 

Justin tells them he doesn’t want to hear any more. I agree.

 

LINDS

 

Carl is going to wish he never messed with me. My father is going to fucking own the police station when he gets through. I told them unless my lawyer or Justin came through the interview room door, I wasn’t going to talk to anyone. Justin better show the hell up and straighten this out. They brought in a psychologist, Alex Wilder, to talk to me. Talk about a waste of taxpayers money.

 

“Linds, until they set bail, you’re staying here. You violated the restraining order, both when you waited at the school for the children and by the constant phone calls. Regardless of what you think, Justin doesn’t want what you do. I want to help you, but unless you can admit your fantasies about Justin are just that, fantasies, I can’t be of any help to you. Look at the reason you’re here. If Justin wanted what you wanted, wouldn’t he be here?” Alex asks.

 

“Justin would be here if everyone wasn’t trying to keep us apart,” I tell the idiot.

 

“Linds, Justin doesn’t want you to be together. He has told you in every way possible. We need to figure out how to get you to understand, you're projecting your wants on Justin.” Alex tells me.

 

“You know what I want? For you to get your ass out of this room and go play therapist to someone who needs help,” I tell him.

 

Alex gets up and tells me to call if I want to get better. I was so fucking angry, I grabbed the pen that was lying on the desk and was going to stab him with it. Carl grabbed me and got the pen away. Carl asked the officer to handcuff me to the desk.

 

“Oh Alex, if I see you anywhere, it won’t be a pen I use,” I tell the asshole.