- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It's time to wrap up one more chapter after this and I can relax. Lorie thank you for making changes that improved the stories.

JUSTIN

 

We were sitting around the house when Max got the call about Linds.

 

“I think I can officially say that your problems with Linds are over. Kell told me when he got to the station Linds was trying to kill her mother. Then Michael Novotny showed up and got someone to let him see her and she tried to bite his ear off. Kell said with all the charges, Linds won’t be seeing the outside world for a while.” Max tells us.

 

I sat there holding Beth and wondering what would have happened if she had been able to get to me. I had been trying to make this into Linds just being Linds. I’m glad I listened to everyone. I asked Max if we still needed security.

 

“I think keeping Allen here with you is a good idea, at least until she’s locked away, but I don’t think you need as much security as we’ve put around you,” Max tells us.

 

“I kind of want to see Michael. I bet he’s screaming like a girl,” I tell Brian.

 

“We need to worry about us and the kids. Michael needs to stop trying to hang on to a friendship that is over.” Brian doesn’t want to see Michael.

 

“Can we go to the diner now? I really want a milkshake and a burger.” I tell Brian.

 

“It always amazes me that you think I believe you are hungry when you're just trying to get gossip.” Brian kisses me and tells me to get ready.

 

I’ll admit I want to hear about Michael. I know Deb is going to be telling everyone about his latest bout of stupidity. I called Emmett while I was changing. Emmett told me he would meet me there.

 

MICHAEL

 

I really needed to talk to someone and Blake listened to me the last time, so I called him. Blake told me to come to the house. Everyone was staring at the bandage on my head as I rode the bus to Ted’s house. I rang the doorbell and Ted answered the door.

 

“Michael, what happened to you?” Ted asked me.

 

“That crazy bitch Linds tried to bite my ear off,” I tell Ted.

 

“Why were you close enough to Linds for her to bite you?” Ted acts like he’s never wanted to hear a secret.

 

“Look, can I talk to Blake?” I tell Ted.

 

Ted tells me he is going to take Austin with him to go meet Emmett. I wait for Ted to leave. Blake tells me to have a seat and even brings me a drink. I think Blake would help me more than any paid counselor.

 

“What did you need to talk about?” Blake asks me.

 

“I tried to talk to a psychiatrist I know but he wouldn’t talk to me without an appointment. After you and I talked the last time I felt better and figured you could help me. I know you said you’re not that kind of counselor, but you listened and that is what I need.” I tell him. I think Blake and I could be friends.

 

“Michael, I can’t treat you, I’m a drug abuse counselor. I’ll listen if you need to talk, but you need to understand, nothing I say comes from a counselor but from the spouse of your friend. If you can do that, we can talk.” Blake tells me.

 

“I went to see Linds earlier and it was to taunt her. I know it was wrong, but she spends all her time putting me down. I thought it was my turn. I kept trying to get her to react and finally, she tells me she has a secret to tell me. Then she tried to bite my ear off. I think you guys should tell Brian he needs to worry about her, not me.” I tell Blake.

 

“Michael, if you hadn’t been so self-absorbed, you would have been told about Linds stalking Justin. She isn’t rational, and anything that you said to her was going to get her to react. This isn’t about your best friend, but about Justin. Brian has been so worried sick about Linds hurting his family that you're not even a passing thought right now.” Blake can’t believe Brian would forget me.

 

“Do you think he would drop the order against me?” I ask Blake.

 

“Michael, stop worrying about yourself and maybe check on your daughter. JR is losing one of her mothers. She needs her parents, and it would go a long way in showing your concern if you were looking out for someone else's welfare, and not just for what you want.” Blake tells me.

 

“I can do that, plus Brian and I could help Gus with this. You know, that is a great idea.” I get up to run to Mel’s house. Blake is saying something about that isn’t what he meant. I call Mel and tell her I want to see JR.

 

“Michael you still have supervised visitation. I have someone here who can stay with you, but I have to go to the police station. You can stay for an hour, but I want you gone when I return.” Mel tells me.

 

“Look, I want to make sure JR is okay. You're the one who married the crazy bitch and made her JR’s mother.” I tell her.

 

Mel tells me Leslie will be waiting and that I have to stay at the house with JR. I told her I would watch Gus too. I was hoping Brian and I could help the kids together. Mel told me Gus is already with Justin and Brian. I figured she would tell Brian how I was helping JR through losing her mother.

 

BRIAN

 

I called Ted and told him to meet us at the diner. I need to discuss some business while the gossip hounds chat. Ted told me Michael wanted to talk to Blake so he was bringing Austin with him. I asked him why Michael is suddenly talking to Blake.

 

“Blake said Michael came to him for some advice a couple days ago but really doesn’t know why Michael wants to talk to him now,” Ted told me.

 

“How did Michael look? Linds tried to eat his ear earlier.” I tell Ted.

 

“The side of his head is all bandaged up. He isn’t in pain, so I guess he got some meds for that. He wasn’t interested in talking to me, he wanted Blake.” Ted seems bewildered by it.

 

I tell Ted to just get his ass here before I have to listen to any more of the Gossip Queen show. Allen and I were sitting with the girls and Gus. Justin and Emmett were with Debbie.

 

“This is normal for us. Justin and Emmett are like two kids in a store full of candy when it comes to gossip.” I tell Allen.

 

“No candy, beans DaDa.” Victoria tells me.

 

“No beans, want samwich, DaDa,” Beth tells me.

 

I tell Kiki to get the girls their usual food and Gus his artery busters for lunch. Kiki asked about Justin and I rolled my eyes and asked her if Justin ever passed on food.

 

“Brian, I have to say this is the most exciting my life has gotten. I told Max if someone needs to stay, I’d do it.” Allen tells me.

 

“Watching my kids is exciting to you?” I ask him.

 

“Being around people who don’t seem to care you’re gay is exciting to me. It not easy being a gay man in security.” Allen tells me.

 

“It’s not easy being gay period Allen. Just don’t fall in love with Justin or me and you're hired.” I tell him. With Justin’s career taking off, I want to be prepared for groupies. It’s strange that artists have just as many followers as musicians.

 

KELL

 

I sat in a chair across from Linds. They got her cleaned up and she has been quietly sitting ever since. I’ve been watching the digital videos of the interview on my tablet and had my earbud in to listen to her. I noticed the only time Linds reacts to anything is when Justin was brought into the conversation. The violence started when the doctor suggested Justin didn’t want her. I switched to when Michael came to the cell, Linds just sat there through the tirade about Brian but she looked up the minute Michael said something about Justin. It was scary how calm she was, she was almost playful before she latched on to Michael’s ear.

 

“Are you done playing games on your tablet? I need to get home and finish registering for gifts for the wedding.” Linds breaks her silence.

 

“Linds, you aren’t going anywhere. You understand you tried to kill your mother, don’t you?” I ask her.

 

“I didn’t try to kill her. I was just trying to make a point, she wanted me to cancel my wedding to Justin.” Linds tells me. She’s looking at me like her trying to kill her mother was reasonable.

 

“Biting Michael’s ear off? What was the point there?” I ask her.

 

“It will teach Michael if he doesn’t like what he’s hearing, he shouldn’t listen,” Linds smirks at me.

 

“What you're telling me is if they don’t agree with you, they need to be taught a lesson?” I ask her.

 

“Of course. Everyone should stop trying to keep Justin from me.” She tells me.

 

“What about Brian, Gus, or Mel? Aren’t you concerned about your son?” I ask her.

 

“I was willing to let Mel and Brian raise Gus but now I think he needs to stay with me. Brian is filling Justin’s head with nonsense about me, and using Gus to keep Justin. Justin loves Gus, you know he even helped me name him. If Justin hadn’t been there Gus would have had this awful name.” Linds tells me.

 

I wanted to see how she reacted to Brian and Justin in a relationship. She’s whimsical about Justin when she talks about naming Gus.

 

“Didn’t you meet Justin the first night of his relationship with Brian?” I ask her.

 

“You mean the first time Brian convinced Justin to be his trick, Brian doesn’t do relationships. Justin would have been better off if Brian had OD’d.” Linds snaps at me.

 

“I thought Brian was one of your best friends?” I ask her.

 

“I only kept Brian around because he brought Justin with him. Brian stopped being useful when Justin left for Ethan. Brian should have left Justin alone after that, but no, not Brian, he had to keep Justin.” Lind's lapses back into silence.

 

I wasn’t going to agitate her, I just wanted to witness her switch being thrown. I got up and knocked to get out. I told the guard no one is to be let in the door. They underestimate her because she looks so serene when she is about to attack.

 

MEL

 

I came down to talk to Carl, he told me to meet him at the station. I heard all about Linds and her mother, and Michael filled in the rest. I called Ron and he told me not to expect any help from them. Nancy’s head injury is serious, she hasn’t woken up. I expected that from mommy and daddy. Carl waved me into his office.

 

“Long day Carl?” I ask him.

 

“Long year Mel. We need to talk about Linds. Her father’s lawyer is no longer going to represent her. As her wife, you have the power to make decisions for her. She is going to stand trial for stalking, two counts of assault and depending on Nancy, possibly attempted murder. I think they are going to be able to use insanity as a defense. I guess I want to know where you stand. The DA is going to need that information.” Carl tells me.

 

“Linds is on her own, I can’t let her ruin any more lives. I just came to tell you if the DA needs witnesses, I’m available.” I tell Carl.

 

I tell him good luck with Linds. I want to make sure Gus and JR never have to see her again.

 

MICHAEL

 

I sat around watching TV at Mel’s house. JR wanted to play with her friends, so I waited around, hoping Brian would bring Gus home. Mel came in and I asked when Gus was coming home. Mel told me Brian was keeping Gus and dropping him off at school tomorrow. I was disappointed. I wanted to talk to Blake again.

 

Blake has been a better friend than my own friends.