[Reviews - 13] half-starPrinter ePub eBook
Summary:

There comes a moment of seemingly cruel realization, a moment in which you come into ownership of a parenthetical knowledge about your identity. It should pale in comparison to your diagnosis. But it doesn't; it supercedes it. Runs past all the cautionary information relayed to you by physicians and counselors and rushes to the finish line. It's an insidious understanding that you are now not only Positive - you are Appositive. Your identity will forevermore be placed into brackets, qualified and added to and amended. If only within yourself. No longer are you John. You are now, John +. - Benjamin Bruckner, R-U-1-2 *


Rated: YA
Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor
Tags: HIV/Aids, One-Shot, Real Life Issues
Genres: Alternate Canon, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Hurt/Comfort
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 1619 Read: 1206
ePub Downloads: 8 Published: Aug 04, 2016 Updated: Aug 04, 2016
Story Notes:

*Yes, I've taken a fictional excerpt from a fictional book. But I did give the fictional author fictional credit.

 

A/N: I have never had to live with either the infection of HIV or the stigmatizing identity perceptions that arise from that. I am drawing parallels from my own, unrelated experiences and the stigmatizing identity perceptions that arose in my own life. This idea came to me as I was reading about the Semicolon Project. I encourage everyone to look it up.

 

Any and all recognizable characters are the sole property of Cowlip and Showtime, et al. I own nothing.

1. Appositive by NoChaser [Reviews - 13] half-star (1619 words)