- Text Size +
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended

Lorie my eternal graditude for being my beta.

Author's Chapter Notes:

I just thought having a reporter trying to interview the Liberty Avenue gang could be funny. Each chapter is going to have him running into one of the people and their life going on around it. Hopefully I can entertain you.

KYLE

 

I hate my job. I have this prestigious title of head writer for the Arts and Leisure section of the New York Times. What it means is, I write the gossip section of the who’s who in New York. I wanted to be a hard hitting journalist, instead I write about Bitsy grooming her dog. Until I wrote something that got me more notice, Bitsy will be my doom.

 

The big news of 2015 was the US allowing same sex marriage. There was a lot of coverage all over the United States and I was happy we finally gave all couples equal rights. The only thing I get is that there would be more marriages to write about. I want to have an article with substance, not what the bride wore.

 

I was watching a news feed from Pittsburgh, when I noticed Justin Taylor standing behind a man whining about it taking so long to get through the line of people. Justin is a hard person to get an interview with, he will talk to you, but usually can pull a disappearing act without saying very much. He’s is the golden goose of interviews, all of us want to get him to sit in a chair and talk.

 

Is he getting married? I know he’s been with one person throughout his career but he tends to shy away from talking about it. It’s time to look into his bio more. His agent really doesn’t provide a lot of background on Justin. Most of the time I am too interested in reporting his latest show. Truthfully, he’s an artist, not a criminal or movie star, so we all just cover his art, not his life. It would at least interest readers if I put him in an human interest article, maybe interview the man who was whining, get their take on the difference in the lives of same sex couples throughout their lives.

 

BRIAN

 

Why did we agree to come with Michael and Ben? I told Michael to wait a week then come and get married. Michael told me he was making a statement. I asked if it was how long we can stand in line. Justin giggled at that. Michael tried to convince Justin we should get married too. Justin told him we were fine and leave it alone. Justin was wandering around with Deb, who brought drinks and food for the suckers standing in line, because of the long wait. I was trying to get a campaign finished, I wanted to go to the office and return like, oh I don’t know, next week, so I could see Michael’s big statement. Justin told Michael he would call me when they got closer to the front. Michael of course needed us to stand there and support him. I had made alternate plans for Michael a week ago and just needed to stall for time.

 

I plan to marry Justin, I just don’t need to do it in a courtroom with nine hundred other people. I want to propose again and this time actually have a wedding. Justin and I filed for Legal Domestic Partnership before he left for New York, and to Justin, that was more than married for him. We live between Pittsburgh and New York, because business requires both of us to live in both places. Justin and I adopted our daughter Elle ten years ago, to complete our family. Elle loves Michael, I think it’s because they act the same age. Justin told me to be nice, Michael had a new partner in crime.

 

So here we stand as a reporter comes up and starts talking to people and of course Mikey had to talk to them.

 

“How does it feel to have your union recognized in the US?” The reporter really needs to get more original.

 

“It would feel great if we didn’t have to stand outside all day waiting for our turn. They should have had more people available to get us all married.” Michael whines to the reporter.

 

“Well good luck and congratulations.” The reporter is off to the next person.

 

Justin turns in time to avoid the reporter. Justin has been ducking reporters for years. He’s lucky his career doesn’t require a lot of coverage. A lot had to do with everyone always asking about the bashing. Justin doesn’t know what to say to people about an event he doesn’t remember. I call Ted again and he tells me everything is ready, just hurry up. I told Ted I was rounding up the troops as we speak.

 

The protesters start to get closer and of course Deb can’t just ignore ignorance, she walks over to give everyone a piece of her mind.

 

“Go fucking home and let these people get married in peace.” Deb tells them.

 

“It’s a sin, they are going to hell.” A bunch of them shout.

 

“The only sin I see is people like you not minding your own business.” This from Deb, who never minds her own business.

 

I know I should have expected it but I was trying to be positive. Deb decides they need a Mikey slap and they decide to slap her back. Justin and Michael rush to save Deb and then every queer in line is fighting the protesters. I grabbed Justin and told Ben to get the others before we all go to jail. Justin was laughing like a loon. I swear he finds the strangest things funny. We waited for Deb, Ben, and Michael to get to the car. I finally see Ben carrying a swearing Deb towards the car. Reporters following them, wanting to talk to Deb. Michael was sharing in the attention, telling everyone how protesters ruined a happy moment for him. I wanted to roll my eyes, Michael will milk this for all it’s worth.

 

A reporter separated from the herd and came up to Justin. She wanted to know his opinion on the legalization of same sex marriage and the protesters.

 

“Marriage is a symbol of a union, not the people’s individual sex lives. Why do people feel they need to voice an opinion about who sleeps in my bed? I’m not asking for their approval, just to be able to provide the same benefits to my future spouse that Sally and Dave can. As for the protesters they’re narrow minded, nothing else to it.” Justin hops in the car and ignores the reporter asking more questions. I reached over and kissed him.

 

“Next time no comment, don’t give them the news feed felt around the world.” I tell Justin.

 

“What?” Justin doesn’t even seem to notice he said anything. My job is done.

 

I open my car door and tell the media hams to get in the car or I’m leaving them.

 

MICHAEL

 

Man, I had the reporters eating out of my hands, until Boy Wonder had to open his mouth. It was like the last time I was speaking at a press conference. I miss all the people wanting my opinion. Ben of course, was applauding Justin, and yes Justin was right. Okay, I’ll stop being a whiney asshole.

But I wanted to be able to say I got married on the day the US legalized same sex marriage, now I have to wait till the day after. Justin tried to suggest we have a wedding at his house, so JR and Gus could be there, and I told him we could but I wanted my marriage certificate stamped with the date my life became equal to everyone else in the United States. I wanted my best friend to be there with me, like the first wedding.

 

Brian drove us to Kinnetik and told me to get my ass in his office. I don’t get why he is so mad. Justin told me to not to argue but come with him. I walked into Brian’s office to see it decorated for my wedding. Jenny is standing next to Elle, Gus with his moms and all my friends are in the room.

 

“Brian wanted to make sure you got your wish Mikey.” Justin whispers in my ear.

 

“Thanks Boy Wonder.” I tell Justin.

 

Ted got certified to officiate weddings, just for me. Mom walked me to arch Emmett erected in the office. I grabbed Ben and finally made him my husband in the US.

 

Brian took me to the bathroom to get high and we came back giggling at everything. Justin had my girl Elle sitting on his lap. I was jealous they adopted a baby, but Elle thinks I’m the best so now I just rub it in Brian’s face, Elle loves me best.

 

Justin tells me he is going to pay for our honeymoon. We just need to pick a place and make the reservations. Brian told me make it expensive, so he can be Justin’s Sugar Daddy again. I told Brian not to worry, I'll  make Justin poor again.

 

.    

KYLE

 

I called my editor and told him I want to do piece on same sex couples. He asked what I was going for, because everyone is running that article. I told him to look at the news feed from Pittsburgh. I think people would be very interested to read a piece about Justin if we can get interviews with people he knows. Get his take on growing up gay in the United States.

 

My editor tells me I have two weeks and it better be good. I watched the red haired woman yell at the protesters and see Justin and the whiny guy run to save her. Then Justin made a statement that could be the basis of the article.

Chapter End Notes:

No anti on this one. Lots of whine and a little jealousy but other than that hopefully just funny.