- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

KYLE

 

I stood and watched Brian and Justin ask each other to get married. They never said yes but everyone knew they meant yes. You could tell by the looks on their faces.

 

“Jen did you hear them? I didn’t think I live long enough to see them finally agree to get married.” Deb tells Jen.

 

“I knew they would do it, I finally wore them down.” Michael tells us.

 

“You mean wore them out, with your whining.” Ted says.

 

“I just think that if we can finally get married you should.” Michael tells us.

 

“I think Brian and Justin just finally found the time in their very busy lives to finish what they already did ten years ago.” Jen tells the guys.

 

“I get some credit, I told them they should do it.” Michael whines.

 

“Michael let it go. Just be happy for them.” Emmett tells him.

 

“Now I get to help plan two weddings.” Deb tells everyone.

 

“No, you get to plan one. Justin and I are going to have a small wedding at the house. I’ll leave the extravaganza to Emmett.” Brian tells her.

 

“You better not run off and get married. I want to take pictures. Otherwise no one will believe you two finally tied the knot.” Michael tells Brian.

 

“We better be invited.” Deb tells them.

 

“Everyone is invited, and it will be soon. After the last “wedding that wasn’t” as you guys like to call it, I just want to get it over with.” Justin tells us.

 

“If I have to suffer the pain that was Armani, you have to at least have a ceremony.” Emmett tells everyone.

 

“You going to plan it Emmett?” Brian asks him.

 

“I’m so fabulous that I could. In fact, plan on getting married on Saturday with me and Drew.” Emmett tells Brian.

 

“I don’t want to have you reminding me every year that Justin and I need to celebrate with you.” Brian tells Emmett.

 

“Too bad you couldn’t have decided to marry each other when Ben and I did.” Michael tells them.

 

“I think that would be worse than Emmett, I would have to hear about it for months before and months after.” Brian tells Michael.

 

“I’m not that bad.” Michael tells everyone.

 

“YES YOU ARE.” Everyone, including me, yells.

 

“Ben tell them, I’m not that bad.” Michael begs Ben.

 

“Michael, I married you for better or worse.” Ben tells him.

 

“Ben, get used to the worst.” Justin tells him. Michael glares at Justin. They both stare at each other and start laughing.

 

“At least Ben doesn’t have to worry about me hatching a plan, and bankrupting him.” Michael tells Justin.

 

“Hey I was just hanging posters, Brian is the one who charged a hundred thousand dollars to bring Stockwell down. I was completely innocent.” Justin tells Michael.

 

“Well he couldn’t let Stockwell win when you put so much tricking time into your campaign.” Ted tells Justin.

 

“Well if you guys had gotten off your asses and helped it would have been cheaper.” Justin tells them.

 

“Look, I was busy trying to be the Queen of Crystal.” Ted tells us.

 

“I was heartbroken over Teddy.” Emmett adds.

 

“I was on the run with Hunter.” Michael tells everyone.

 

“It was like the only cool thing you had done on your own, in the three years I knew you.” Justin tells Michael.

 

“I did lots of neat stuff.” Michael protest.

 

“Name something Michael.” Emmett tells him.

 

“I got a petition to bring back Captain Astro started.” Michael tells us.

 

“You worked on it for an hour, I saw you throw it away.” Ted tells Michael.

 

“I dressed up in drag and marched with Ma.” Michael tells them.

 

“Um Michael, Teddy and I made you do that.” Emmett reminds him.

 

“I created Rage.” Michael tells them.

 

“No you ogled Brian, and I said something on your own Michael.” Justin tells him.

 

“Okay, name something you did that was cool.” Michael challenges Justin.

 

“Let’s see, I was King of Babylon at eighteen, fought to take down Stockwell at nineteen, went to Hollywood as art director for the movie Rage at twenty, and the biggest one of all, got the King of Liberty Avenue to not only tell me he loved me, but propose to me at twenty one.” Justin smirks at Michael.

 

“I married Ben in Canada.” Michael tries.

 

“Only after I told you to and threw the wedding.” Brian tells Michael.

 

“Whatever. I do lots of cool things.” Michael tells me.

 

Gus comes flying into the room and hides behind me. Jenny is trying to get him.

 

“Save me.” He whispers into my ear. I want to yell ‘save me’ to everyone.

 

“Justin and Brian are getting married.” I tell the kids.

 

“POP, are you really?” Jenny yells. She forgot all about killing my future stalker.

 

“I told you they would.” Gus whispers and nips my ear.

 

“Gus, leave Kyle alone before he runs screaming from you.” Deb tells Gus. More like melt in a puddle at Gus’s feet. Why does he have to be so young?

 

“Granny Deb, I want to be like Pop. I mean he married the first guy he slept with.” Gus tells Deb. If this is Gus as a virgin, what will he be like later?

 

Justin walks over and pulls Gus off me. Gus grabs Justin and tells him congratulations. It’s the first time I can see how young Gus is. Elle and Selena come over to join in the hug.

 

“Did you hear Elle, Pop and Dad are getting married?” Gus asks her.

 

“They are married, I made them have a ceremony when I was five, remember Gus.” Elle tells us.

 

“I remember, but they are going to make it official this time.” Gus tells her.

 

“Dad, I get to be in the wedding. I want lots of those gardenias Daddy told me about.” Elle tells Brian.

 

“Elle girl, I’ll fly them in just for you and Daddy.” Brian tells her.

 

“NO, Daddy you can’t let Uncle Brian marry Pop, I want to.” Theo yells, grabbing Emmett’s leg.

 

“You can marry him after Uncle Brian goes to Gay Babylon in the sky.” Emmett tells Theo.

 

“Yeah Uncle Brian, you are way older than Pop.” Jenny teases. Brian starts chasing her around.

 

“Pop you’ll marry me, won’t you?” Theo asks Justin. I thought I had problems.

 

“Ask me again when you're thirty.” Justin tells Theo.

 

“Justin you get over here and let your mother hug you.” Jen tells him. Justin walks over but instead of hugging her, they start dancing and laughing together.

 

“Kyle, wanna dance?” Gus, my punishment for wanting to interview these guys, asks.

 

“Ask me when you’re seventeen.” I joke with him.

 

“You still going to be around then?” Gus asks me.

 

Brian tells Gus answer the front door, the food is here. Gus apparently thinks the food is more interesting than flirting with me and runs into the house.

 

“How old are you?” Brian asks. It still amazes me, I came to interview them and they end up interviewing me.

 

“Twenty-three.” I tell him.

 

“Just don’t screw my son and we’ll be fine. What you guys do when he’s eighteen is your business.” Brian tells me.

 

“I wasn’t planning on doing anything with Gus. I’m serious, well if he was older. Jesus Brian, don’t make it easier.” I can’t believe he is giving me permission.

 

“I’ll kill you if Gus gets hurt, but I can’t be a hypocrite and tell you I would have waited.” Putting his hand on my arm he adds, “That doesn’t mean run in there and flirt back.” Brian tells me.

 

“Kyle, it’s the Kinney gene, it makes them hard to resist.” Justin tells me.

 

“I’m going to resist. I don’t even live here.” I tell them.

 

“You should move here, we like you.” Emmett tells me.

 

“We have newspapers here and Brian will buy one, if you want a job.” Justin tells me. I would have taken him seriously but they were all laughing at me.

 

“I was kidding about my son. I couldn’t control Justin at seventeen, good luck with Gus.” Brian smirks at me.

 

“I’m just trying to write an article, if you guys would stop trying to confuse me all the time, I’d probably be gone already.” I know I sound hysterical, but I can’t even get one answer without a long winded discussion about anything and everything in their lives.