- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

 

KYLE

 

After escaping from Gus, I wander around with Emmett.  Drew told Emmett to relax, and that he wanted to plan the wedding.

 

“Drew told me, I plan everybody’s weddings and parties and it’s my turn to relax and let others do the work.” Emmett tells me.

 

“At least he took the kids, it means you get to have a day off.” I tell him.

 

“I’m a planner, I need to plan.” Emmett tells me.

 

“So plan Justin and Brian’s wedding.” I tell him.

 

“I would but Brian would just take Justin away and marry him without us. Brian never lets anyone have control of anything.” Emmett tells me.

 

“So plan it and invite them out and make it seem like any other night.” I tell him.

 

“I’d have to tell Teddy, Blake, Jen and Deb. They would never forgive me if I didn’t. Although we’d have to keep it from Michael, he’d just blurt it out.” Emmett tells me. I think even I knew not to tell Michael.

 

We decided to get Ted’s input on when to throw a wedding for Brian and Justin. Emmett told me someone else should be responsible for getting them there. Emmett told me he would somehow end up telling them the reason they were invited accidently.

 

Later on I was getting ready to meet the guys at Woody’s, when someone knocks on my door. I open it and no guesses who’s there.

 

“Kyle, just the man I was looking for.” Gus tells me. I wait at the door, I do not need him to come in.

 

“I’m going to meet your dad and the guys. Did you need something?” I ask him.

 

“I need a lot of things, but I’m actually here to bring you with me.” Gus tells me.

 

“Where are you taking me?” I ask Gus suspiciously.

 

“Dad told me to tell you ‘get in the fucking car and don’t ask questions’. That’s a quote.” Gus tells me.

 

I grab my wallet and follow Gus to the car. Gus tells me we have to pick up everyone else. Glad he brought Justin’s SUV with him. I hope this isn’t Gus messing with me. We pull up to Woody’s and he tells me to stay here and he’ll get the others. I watch as they all get in the car and we start towards Babylon.

 

“Why are we driving to Babylon?” Michael asks. I kind of want to know myself, it’s like five minutes from Woody’s.

 

“All will be revealed, just go in. I have a couple others to get. Kyle you can stay with me.” Gus winks at me. I get out and follow the guys in.

 

“Why is it closed?” Michael asks us.

 

“Hey Michael, since we were all with you, we know as much as you do.” I tell him.

 

“I bet Teddy knows, want to let us in on what’s going on?” Emmett asks Ted.

 

“Why do you think I know anything.” Ted tells us.

 

“Only because Brian tells you everything.” Blake tells Ted.

 

“Hey, Brian always tells me everything.” Michael cuts in.

 

“Well Michael, why is it closed?” Ben asks him.

 

“I don’t know.” Michael tells him.

 

“Oh my God, you mean Brian didn’t tell you? I thought he told you everything.” Emmett was heavy with the sarcasm.

 

“I have an idea, how about if we go in and find out.” I tell them. I can’t believe we are standing outside the door, debating this.

 

We finally walk in the door. The club is silent, no lights and no music playing. We all look around and try to figure out why Brian summoned us.

 

“BRIAN, WE’RE HERE, CAN YOU TELL US WHY YOU WANTED US HERE?” Michael yells.

 

“Michael, you do realize there isn’t any noise but you.” Ted tells him.

 

“What? I was just trying to get Brian’s attention.” Michael tells us.

 

“You could have just called out, not yelled at the top of your lungs.” Ben tells him.

 

The door opens and in comes the rest of the gang and the kids. Now, I really want to know what is going on. I see a group of people enter the club from the back and they start getting things set up. Michael tries to question everyone, but our group has no idea, and the people setting up won’t tell Michael anything, no matter how much he pesters them. We watch as tables are set out, chairs all around the room. I see Elle come running out of the back.

 

“I thought you were suppose to have Elle?” Emmett asks Michael.

 

“Brian called and said they were keeping Elle tonight.” Michael tells Emmett.

 

“Jen do you know what’s going on?” Michael asks her.

 

“Yes, I do. In fact I need Michael and Daphne to come with me. The rest of you have a drink and chat. Deb you take Michael.” Jen tells us.

 

It didn’t take but a few seconds to find out what was going on. It happened as soon as Michael saw Brian.

 

“ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO MARRY JUSTIN IN BABYLON?” Michael shouts.

 

“Guess we don’t need to plan the wedding.” Emmett tells me.

 

“Brian thought you might try, so he figured he’d get it over with before you had a chance to.” Ted tells Emmett.

 

“I would have made it tasteful.” Emmett tells everyone.

 

“Brian wasn’t worried about that, they just didn’t want to have giant wedding.” Ted tells Emmett.

 

Once Michael is dressed he comes back out. Michael is dressed in a suit, he almost looks like an adult.

 

“Kyle, want to see the backroom?” Hunter teases me.

 

“I think I’ll stay where Gus can’t corner me.” I tell Hunter.

 

“At least you finally stopped trying to hit on Brian.” Michael tells Hunter.

 

“Hey Callie told me that if Brian is willing, she’ll let me.” Hunter tells Michael.

 

“Callie, don’t encourage Hunter.” Michael tell her.

 

“Dad, I was kidding.” Hunter tells Michael.

 

“If you think Gus is bad, we need to tell you about Hunter chasing Brian.” Emmett tells me.

 

“I was just trying to help Brian get a murderer off the streets.” Hunter tells me. I need to start making a fact sheet and have them fill in the missing pieces.

 

“You were trying to get in Brian’s pants.” Emmett tells Hunter.

 

“That was a side benefit.” Hunter tells us, shrugging

 

I feel someone hug me from behind. I didn’t even bother to struggle, someone would get him.

 

“Hunter was a hustler, he fucked a retired cop. The cop had killed a guy named Jason Kemp. Hunter brought the evidence to my Dad.” Gus whispers to me.

 

“Got it, you can let go now.” I tell him.

 

“Why, it’s so comfortable.” Gus tells me. “Okay Mama, ow, let go of my ear. Why can’t you guys grab somewhere else?”

 

“I could but I want you to be able to have kids one day.” Mel tells him.

 

“Mel, Gus is gay. I don’t think he’s going to be having having kids.” Michael tells her.

 

“Michael, you're all gay and you all have kids.” Mel tells him.

 

“Yeah you're right.” Michael tells us.

 

Brian comes out. “Okay girls and girls, sit down, shut up and we’ll get this over with. I don’t want any comments.” I almost asked Gus to make sure to contact me when he gets older, Brian is stunning.

 

“So what do I do?” Michael asks.

 

“Michael, it was decided you get to stand next to me, because if we don’t let you, we’ll never hear the end of it.” Brian tells Michael.

 

“What I meant was do I give you away or hand out the rings?” Michael asks Brian.

 

“Just stand next me and don’t say a word. Are you listening? I don’t want you to object or tell a story, I want you to keep your mouth shut.” Brian tells him.

 

“You act like I talk too much. I mean I could just say a few words. Like tell everyone about growing up together. How Justin keep chasing you, and that he …” Brian cuts him off.

 

“That is why I said to shut up. You can tell everyone after the wedding.” Brian tell us.

 

I noticed the stage was set up with a couple vases of flowers and Ted is standing center stage. A blonde woman walks in and hands Brian a box. Brian hands it to Michael. Gus comes out dressed up like Brian and stands with Elle. Drew comes in with the kids and joins Emmett.

 

Brian and Justin stand together with the kids and Ted marries them. Gus told me they wouldn’t make a big deal out of it and he was right. Michael gets his moment when they ask for the rings and smiles as he hands them to the guys. They are pronounced married.

 

“Okay, now that you got to be here, everyone happy?” Brian asks. Everyone laughs but agrees.

 

“How about everyone tell their favorite Brian and Justin stories?” Michael suggest. Brian hands Michael a microphone and tells him to go for it.

 

“As you know, Brian has been my best friend..” Just as Michael starts to talk the music cues and Michael is drowned out. I think we’ll all thank Brian for that.