- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I have up to chapter 5 written so far. Will post after they are beta'd

BRIAN   

 

On the way to the school, I told Justin about Kyle being a reporter. I wanted to make sure Justin didn’t say anything he didn’t wanted printed in a paper.

 

“Yeah, I know.” Justin tells me.

 

“You acted like you didn’t know who he was.” I wanted to know why he pretended not to know Kyle.

 

“Brian, I might act like I don’t pay attention to reporters, but when they practically have their tongue hanging out during an interview, I tend to notice.” Justin tells me.

 

“He better keep all his protruding parts away from you, I’ll cut them off he tries anything.” I think I’m going to kill Kyle.

 

“Brian, it’s the same thing I put up with when guys see you, don't go all Rage on the guy.” Justin tells me.

 

We pull up to the school and get our badges. I see our daughter, Elle is telling the kids how to place things on the table. Jen has been training the future WASP. She see us and runs over.

 

“Daddy, these people think you place things just anywhere. I told them to place the plates, cups and spoons before the food. I mean Nana Jen said putting it behind the food, makes people have to reach over it to get to the stuff and you never know what people might drop into the food.” Elle is really serious about this.

 

“You did great baby.” Justin is always willing to placate the madness that is our daughter.

 

“Dad, we get to give speeches about our families, isn’t that cool?” Elle raises her eyebrow, which means to agree. I learned from Gus and JR.

 

“Everything you do is cool Elle girl.” I pick her up and tickle her.

 

I hear Michael telling Ben this is Elle’s classroom. What the hell is Michael doing here? He walks in with a box and Ben is carrying a box too. I look at Ben to see why they left their honeymoon.

 

“Michael just couldn’t miss Elle’s parent day. He missed so much of JR’s everyday things, I think he’s trying to make up for it.” Ben tells me.

 

“Well since JR is now living back in the Pitts, he can go to her class.” I tell Ben.

 

“JR is too cool for her dads to come to the school. It’s your fault for having a kid that thinks Michael walks on water.” Ben smirks at me.

 

“UNCLE MIKEY,  you came. Dad said you were going to be busy checking out Uncle Ben’s…” Justin covers Elle’s mouth just in time and shoots me a glare.

 

“I couldn’t miss your parent day. I even brought something for the other kids.” Michael is always trying to show me up. Well I have something too.

 

We all sit down and hear about what the kids have been doing. The teacher then tells us the kids are going to talk about their families while we eat the snacks. I was looking at Justin’s ass and trying to think of ways to get him into the closet behind us, when Mikey hits me.

 

“Elle is next, stop staring at Justin’s butt.” Mikey tries to whisper but the Novotnys didn’t learn that particular skill in Kindergarten. A woman behind me tells Michael she was staring at Justin’s butt too. I high five the woman. Justin is blushing.

 

“Hi, my name is Elle Taylor-Kinney, my dads adopted me when I was a baby. I have two dads, three aunts, six uncles, two brothers and a sister. My Nana Jen told me I have lots of family. My Dad, Brian Kinney sells stuff to people, even if they don’t want it, that’s what Granny Deb says. My Daddy, Justin Taylor paints pictures but he also does the comic Princess Elle, with my Uncle Mikey. Uncle Mikey told me my Daddy wanted to show everyone how beautiful I was in the new comic. Uncle Mikey has the coolest job, he sell comics, so everyone can read them. My Uncle Ben is a Professor at College, and my Dad said Uncle Ben is trying to teach Uncle Mikey how to read a book without pictures.” The teacher stops Elle before she tells about all the people in the family.

 

Michael gives me a glare but I smile, at least Elle wasn’t swearing like a sailor anymore. Deb got punished by Jen for that one. Elle sits down and asks Justin if she did okay. Justin tells her she’s perfect. The teacher had the kids get everyone cake, I was just happy the kids were done talking. Michael tells the teacher he has something for all the kids.

 

“I brought everyone a copy of the next edition of Princess Elle. You get to see it a week before anyone else.” I want to roll my eyes but this comic is selling so fast that Michael keeps the store open just so he can talk about the adult comics with the other teens.

I watch as all the kids run up to get a copy and figure it’s my turn.

 

“Justin and I also wanted to give everyone a present to say thank you for having us here today. I have passes for everyone’s family to go to Kennywood. You can use them when you want to.” I smirk at Mikey. I believe I won.

 

KYLE

 

I forgot to ask what time to come to Babylon, so I arrived at nine. I see Justin talking to a bartender. He’s leaning across the bar and I will admit any gay man is going to look at that ass. It was a good chance to talk to him.

 

“Before you talk to Justin let me explain the rules.” Brian is standing behind me. I was staring at Justin’s ass. I know I was, but how do you not? I see fingers snapping in my face.

 

“You know what Kyle, enter the fray at your own risk.” Brian tells me and walks off.

 

I started towards Justin when I see the whiny guy, I mean Michael Novotny, got to get that right. He is complaining to Justin.

 

“Did Brian really have to show me up at the school?” Okay I’ll call him whiny in my mind.

 

“Michael, did you expect him not to try, you two have been one upping each other since the kids were little. Do I have to bring up taking Gus to Comic Con with you?” Justin tells Michael.

 

“Hey Gus is the only one who likes to go. I can’t help that Brian thinks a trip to Armani was exciting to a teenager.” Michael tells Justin.

 

“Brian and Michael still trying to play who’s the best dad?” A older guy asks.

 

“Ted do you really have to ask?  Let’s see, Michael leaves his honeymoon to be at Elle’s parent day and gives all the little kiddies a copy of next week's release of the Princess Elle comic, so Brian gives everyone a free pass for a family of six to Kennywood. Guess who won?” Justin tells Ted.

 

“Brian still hasn’t forgiven you for Comic Con?” Ted ask Michael.

 

“I forgave him when he took JR to meet Taylor Swift, I mean who does that?” Michael looks at me.

 

“Why did you have to forgive him for letting her meet a rockstar?” I’m new, they need to give me a break.

 

“I bought tickets for my daughter and her friends to go to the concert, for her birthday. Brian tells her that he’ll have her present after the concert. I was able to give her the best gift, until ‘Mr  I can’t let Mikey win’ takes her to meet Taylor Swift and gets them invited to a release party at the singer’s house. Don’t you agree, it was nice of me to forgive Brian for that?” Michael is waiting for me to reply. Behind Michael, Justin is shaking his head vigorously to say yes. Emmett has his hands together like he’s praying and mouthing yes.

 

“Yes Michael.” I decided not to rock the boat. Michael turns to Justin and Emmett who have stopped the signaling and are standing there listening as if Michael is telling them about world peace.

 

“See guys, even... wait who are you?” Michael turns back to me.

 

“My name is Kyle, I actually wanted to interview you for an article in the New York Times.” I tell Michael.

 

I see Justin face plant into his hand and Emmett is shaking his head sadly at me. Brian just starts laughing. Ted walks by and pats my shoulder and shakes his head. What did I do?

 

“You want to do an article about me, you mean me right, Michael Novotny? I would be honored to talk to you. You can’t image the things you could learn about me. We can get started right now if you want. How far do you want to go back? I could tell you about working at the Big Q, Rage, the bombing, meeting the Senator, opening a comic shop...” Michael continues to talk. I think I understand what they were trying to tell me.

 

JUSTIN

 

Part of me wants to rescue poor Kyle, but if he can handle Michael, the rest of us will be a piece of cake. Ben asks Emmett to dance, we know Michael is going to be trying to tell Kyle his ‘one time at band camp’ stories. Brian grabs my hand and tells me we need to check if they have enough condoms in the backroom.

 

I was coming out of the backroom with ‘Mr Show Off’. Brian had to make sure every guy still sees him as the Stud. I guess I shouldn’t complain, I reap the benefits. I hear Michael still talking, and you can see Kyle is going to learn not to encourage Michael to talk. I walk up and get some water. Emmett is dancing around Drew at the bar.

 

“Emmett, where’s Michael at in the story?” I ask because I want to get the stripper heroes out.

 

“I think we’ve reached sixteen and Brian paying for his first blowjob or maybe Brian getting him a job. I don’t know.” Emmett giggled, we need to slow down on the cosmos.

 

Well, Kyle is going to owe me for this. I tell Brian to start the show for Michael.

 

“Gentlemen, please lend your eyes to the feast of Superheroes. Michael and Ben congratulations on making honest men out of each other.” The DJ announces. All the guys clap and Kyle is set free.

 

KYLE

 

I think I owe Justin for the strippers, Michael can talk. After the show Michael is complaining to Brian about it.

 

“Brian, they’re superheroes for God sakes, you can’t have them stripping.” Michael tells him.

 

“Mikey, superheroes are guys in tights who show off everything in the costume, not like we can’t see the bulge. I just wanted to give you the whole super package.” Brian tells Michael.

 

“Brian you realize I’m never going to be able to read Superman again without getting hard.” Michael whines.

 

“Like that would be new, Mikey.” Brian tells everyone.

 

Justin grabs my hand and Emmetts. He tells me we need to go dance or we’ll be listening to Michael’s denials for the next hour. I came to write an article but instead, I just want to see what these people will do next.


Chapter End Notes:

A lot will be told from Kyle's POV, but he isn't going to be with them all the time.