- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

 

KYLE

 

They should just rent a bus, everyone was going to the zoo. Brian grumbled but Justin told him they could talk all over the zoo, after that he was thrilled to go. I rode with Blake and Ted, the kids all piled into Brian’s SUV. Emmett took the women, Ben, and Michael in his SUV. Emmett called Drew to meet us. We got there and I was going to pay, when Emmett tells me Drew already took care of it.

 

We meet Drew when we get outside. Drew was standing there with twin little boys, one seemed to be crying. They looked about four or five. The boys ran to Justin.

 

“Pop, you made it. I told Dad you would come to see me and Stuart.” One of the twins said as he was sniffling.

 

“Theo, don't I always come?” Justin asks him. Justin picks up Theo and soothes his back.

 

“Our twins love Justin, but Theo is always worried Justin is going to go missing. Someone told him that Justin ran away and was missing once.” Emmett looks at Michael.

 

“Hey, I was just telling the story of our roadtrip to New York. I didn’t mean to scare Theo.” Michael tells us.

 

“Why do all the kids call him Pops?” I ask Emmett. The kids refer to everyone else as uncles and aunts.

 

“Gus, when he was younger he was practically attached to Justin’s hip and the other kids repeat Gus.” Emmett tells me.

 

“Daddy, I’m staying with Pop okay?” Theo asks Emmett. Brian is groaning.

 

“Guess you and Justin will have to talk later.” Michael smirks at Brian.

 

“At least I want to to talk to Justin, Grampa Mikey.” Brian tells Mikey.

 

“Hey, Ben and I talk all the time.” Michael tells everyone.

 

“Guys, lets take the kids around. You and Brian can bicker behind us.” Ben tells them.

 

“Kyle, if you want to talk in the bathrooms, we can go get it out of the way.” Gus tells me.

 

“GUS.” It comes from every direction. Gus winks at me and walks to Elle and Selena.

 

I need to start interviewing people, Ted and Blake were walking with me so I asked them to tell me about their lives.

 

“My family was fine with me being gay, and would have been there for me, but I got involved in the drug scene and was stealing from anyone to get money. They threw me out and I started living anywhere. I was at Babylon with all the other Crystal Queens when I saw Ted the first time.” Blake tells me.

 

“My parents were older and they loved me, but didn’t understand why I wanted to be gay. My mom is still there for me. I hid from being gay until I got to college and met Mel.” Ted tells me.

 

“How long have you been together?” I ask them.

 

“It’s going on ten years now. We tried a couple times before that, but we weren’t in the right place at the time.” Ted tells me.

 

“You mean I almost killed you the first time, and you almost killed yourself the second time. The third time we finally got it right.” Blake tells us.

 

“The first time we were together, Blake and I played with GHB and I had a bad reaction to it. The second time I decide Crystal Meth made me feel better about myself and ended up in rehab with Blake as my counselor. We meet a few years later at a lodge and we finally were in the same place.” Ted explains to me. I’m trying to see these two on a downward spiral of drugs and just can’t see it.

 

“Did Teddy tell you we tried a relationship?” Emmett skips up to us.

 

“How’d that go for you?” I ask Emmett.

 

“For the rest of us, it was to gross to see.” Brian yells back.

 

“Brian, I thought they were adorable.” Lindsay tells Brian.

 

“So adorable that you decided Mikey should be the sperm donor.” Brian tells Linds.

 

“Well we would have picked Justin, but you're the one who was into babies at the time.” Mel tells Brian.

 

“Dick, it was his big fat DICK Mel. You should try it, maybe Justin can turn you straight.” Brian tells her. Luckily the kids were all far enough ahead of us not to hear.

 

“You know what Brian, you're probably right, maybe I should see if Justin could help me with that.” Mel smirks at Brian.

 

“It wouldn’t be the first time he got twat to fall in love with his generous attributes.” Brian smirks at someone behind us.    

 

“Brian, how many times have I told you insults are not allowed till I get here.” A girl tells him. She walks up to Brian and they kiss hello.

 

“Daphne, you should have come to me, not Justin. I would have pissed you off after the sex and you would have moved on.” Brian starts up again.

 

“Brian, apparently once you get Super Dick from you there is no turning back. Just look at Justin, Lindsay and Emmett.” Daphne says with a smirk.

 

“Emmett, is there something you didn’t tell us?” Ted asks Emmett.

 

“Please, Emmett, the nelliest bottom in the world and Brian, the biggest top, you guys never put it together, I did and I was seventeen.” Justin walks up and is kissing Daphne. I look to see if Brian is fine with this, it doesn’t seem to bother him.

 

“Well they did have to protect Michael from the delusion it was friendship that kept Michael from getting any.” Daphne laughs.

 

“I’ll have you know, I didn’t know any of the gang at the time and it took almost a month for Brian to remember.” Emmett tells us all.

 

“That’s not a compliment Emmett.” Ted tells Emmett.

 

“It was the first time he saw me naked at the gym Teddy.” Emmett tells Ted.

 

“Who saw you naked at the gym Emmett?” Michael joins in.

 

“Drew, Emmett was telling us the first time Drew wanted Emmett.” Justin says casually.

 

“I thought it was at his house?” Michael questions them.

 

“No that was the first time they had sex.” Lindsay adds in.

 

“Oh well, whatever, you guys need to keep up, I want pictures of everyone together.” Michael tells everyone and turns around headed back to the kids.

 

“Is there some reason you guys changed the subject?” I ask Ted as we follow everyone else.

 

“Michael had a thing for Brian and it never went anywhere. It’s better not to mention any close friend slept with Brian in front of Michael.” Ted tells me.

 

“What about Justin?” I ask because they seem to get along.

 

“Justin is a whole encyclopedia for Michael’s rants. Michael got over Justin when Ben came along.” Ted tells me.

 

“No, Ben just didn’t put up with the shit from Michael.” Daphne tells us.

 

“Ben wasn’t going to play second to Brian.” Lindsay tells us.

 

“He did when Justin and Brian broke up. I remember Michael telling me Ben was going to move out of Michael’s place.” Emmett tells us.

 

“Brian was trying to pretend Justin leaving his ass was no big deal. Instead he was all sad.” Mel says towards Brian.

 

“I think I got more ass during that time than any other.” Brian tells Mel.

 

“Want to rephrase that Mr Kinney?” Justin tells Brian. “Because we could go with no ass until you rephrase that.”

 

“Burn, Brian.” Mel tells Brian.

 

“I didn’t say it was any good, just a lot.” Brian tells us. Justin kisses him and runs off to catch a crying Theo.

 

“I hope this phase of crying for Justin ends soon for Theo.” Emmett says to me.

 

“I don’t know, Brian has been crying after Justin for fifteen years and it started when he was twenty-nine.” Mel says while sticking out her tongue at Brian. It occurs to me that Justin was barely legal when he met Brian.

 

“You don’t have permission to use that in the article your writing.” Mel tells me. I nod my head.

 

“I don’t care, it wasn’t illegal then, and it isn’t now.” Brian tells us.

 

“It makes people look down on us.” Lindsay adds in.

 

“Well then, point out all the sixty year old men with twenty year old wives. I mean who’s the child molester in that situation? Their wives parents weren’t even born when the guy was a teenager.” Brian tells everyone.

 

“Yes but people see them as adults, a lot of people didn’t see Justin that way back in the beginning.” Ted puts in.

 

“Ted, Howard BEDWETTER doesn’t count.” Brian tells Ted.

 

“I heard Howie got HIV from the bareback parties he was attending.” Emmett tells everyone.

 

The conversation continues like this for the rest of the afternoon. Everyone jumping back and forth on different topics. Maybe I should tell my editor this is going to take a few months to get an article written.