- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Maybe because it was late when I wrote this, or maybe because I was just feeling melancholy, this chapter turned out to be much softer and sweeter than usual. All you hard-core f**k lovers (you know who you are) will just have to bear with me for this one chapter. Hope you like it! TAG

Chapter 12 - Two for the Show.


First Thursday is a monthly art event, appropriately held on the first Thursday of each calendar month, in which galleries all over the city open new exhibitions of works by various artists, painters, sculptors, photographers and glass artists, as well as innovative conceptual works and site-specific installations. It is one of the most vibrant and active local arts events around*. And, this week, one of the openings was for Justin Taylor. As it was, though, the young artist was almost too nervous to enjoy it. Daphne was supposed to be helping him get ready, but after watching him try on the same outfit for the third time, she was thinking of strangling him instead.


“You’re sure I shouldn’t wear the suit? I know it’s a little over-formal but I do look damn hot with it on.” Justin asked for the tenth time.


“No, Justin. You are fine in what you’re wearing right now. Besides, I’m not going to wait while you change again anyway, so can we please just go now?” Daphne whined.


“Hey. You’re supposed to be here to support me, not nag!”


“I’m not nagging I’m just bored! Please, Justin, let’s go, please.”


“Okay, okay, I’m going. This is just a really big deal for me, Daph. I want to look good, you know.” Justin took one last look at himself in Brian’s full length bedroom mirror before Daphne dragged him away and almost pushed him down the stairs.  


Forty minutes later, the pair drove up to the Sidney Bloom Gallery. Justin’s sunshiniest smile broke out as they walked up to the door - Brian was standing right there waiting for them, clad in his Armani best and looking like he’d just walked off the pages of GQ. He dropped his cigarette butt and crushed it under his heel as Justin and Daphne neared, then bent to kiss Justin on the lips and Daphne on the cheek in greeting.  


“How many times did he change clothes?” Brian asked Daphne, noting with a smirk that Justin was wearing a completely different outfit from the one he’d shown Brian that morning.  


“I lost count after the tenth outfit,” Daphne responded, laughing as Justin stuck his tongue out at her.  


“You look gorgeous, Sunshine,” Brian whispered in the young artist’s ear, giving the plump earlobe a little bite at the same time just for good luck. Then Brian opened the door for the two teens to usher them inside.  “Shall we?”


“Fuck. I think I’m gonna hurl,” was Justin’s response as he hesitated in the doorway.


“You’re going to be just fine. Now, come on.” Brian said, giving the younger man a little shove so that he would finally clear the door.


Lindsey greeted them enthusiastically before they were ten feet inside the door. Brian bussed his friend hello and then excused himself to get drinks for the group while Lindsey hustled the up and coming young artist over to meet and greet about a million people - at least that was what it felt like to Justin. He didn’t get to come up for air for at least an hour, but finally got a chance to scan the crowd and locate Daphne and Brian who were standing together in an out of the way corner with a petite, dark haired woman who was holding a small child. Brian caught Justin’s eye and held up a glass of wine for him as enticement to get the boy to come and join him.  


“How is my little artiste doing?” Brian asked as he snaked his arm around Justin’s waist and handed him the glass of white wine.  


“Okay, I guess. I had no idea there would be this many people here though. If I have to shake one more hand, I think I might lose all feeling in my fingers,” Justin laughed as he wrung out his wrist.


“Well, then I’ll spare you the handshake and just say hello,” said the brunette standing next to Brian.


“Justin, this is Melanie Marcus, Lindsey’s partner,” Brian made the introductions, then reached to take the little boy into his arms. “And, this little ankle biter here is my son, Gus. Hey, Sonny Boy, can you say hello to my friend Justin?”


It was hard to say who looked more frightened at this particular introduction, the young artist or the toddler. Gus simply hid his head in his father’s shoulder. Justin didn’t have that luxury, and instead was laughed at by Brian and the two women because of the look of utter amazement that spread over his lovely features. Daphne even snickered a little.


“Your . . . your son?”


“Surprise!” Melanie answered Justin for her friend.


“It’s a long story, Sunshine.” Brian explained. “Short version - Lindsey and Mel wanted a kid and eventually wore me down until I agreed to help. Gus lives with them, so don’t panic.”


“I wasn’t panicking, Brian. I was just surprised is all.” Justin responded, swatting affectionately at Brian’s arm. “He’s beautiful, Mel.”


“We think so!” Mel agreed.


“Oh shit!” Daphne interrupted the otherwise cheerful banter, looking at something near the gallery entrance. “Justin, please promise me you won’t hate me for butting my nose in where it didn’t belong.”


“What the fuck are you talking about, Daph?” Justin asked.

 

 

“Well, remember how I told you that your Mom had called me a couple times since you saw her at the mall? And, you made me promise I wouldn’t tell her where you were or anything about you and Brian?”


“Yeah. I remember. You didn’t tell her where I was living did you?” Justin was getting suspicious.


“Of course not. I promised,” Daphne said, but then scrunched her face up worriedly. “But . . . I may have let slip about the show tonight. She kept hounding me, Jus. I wouldn’t tell her anything and she kept saying she just wanted to see you, that she was worried about you, especially after what happened the last time she saw you, so I kinda figured that this would be a safe, public place to meet.”  


“Fuck, Daphne. I don’t want to see her. Why the hell did you . . ." Justin didn’t get any further with his complaints because that was when Jennifer Taylor finally managed to skirt through the crowd to her son and she gently tapped him on the shoulder.


“Justin. Hi, there. Hi, Daphne,” Jenn smiled at her son’s friend. “Justin, please don’t get angry at Daphne for telling me about this. I forced it out of her. Really.”


“Mom.” Justin said, grudgingly.


Grasping for a way to break the tension, Jenn ventured on. “When Daphne told me you were having an exhibit of your artwork, I was so proud, honey. This is just so wonderful. Where are your pieces, Justin?”


Justin nodded his head in the direction of the Emerging Artists Exhibit but didn’t say anything more.  


“Well, I’ll just go and take peek.” Jennifer said, sidling away, but stopped before Justin could turn away. “Justin, I just want to talk okay. Please don’t run off. I’ll . . . I’ll be right back.”


“Fuck me. I’m outta here. Are you coming, Brian?” Justin said as soon as Jennifer was out of earshot.  


“You sure you want to do that?” Brian questioned. “She is your mom and she doesn’t look like she’ll bite.”


“I just can’t do this. Not tonight.” Justin replied, already taking a step towards the door.


“Justin, there you are,” Lindsey grabbed his arm before he could take a second step. “I’d like to introduce you to a friend of mine, Mitchell Boldster. He’s a professor at PIFA. Mitchell and I actually went to college together, about a million years ago.”


“It’s great to meet you, Justin,” Mitchell offered his hand and Justin wasn’t quite rude enough to refuse to shake it. “I’m very impressed with your work. Do you have a minute to talk?”


“Uh. Sure,” Justin capitulated, allowing the art professor to pull him back towards the exhibit and away from the door.  


“So, Daphne,” Brian pierced the young woman with an accusatory stare. “Are you going to referee when Justin and his mom meet again, or are you going to bail and leave it to me?”


“Leave it to you?” Daphne hoped that she could somehow evade the job and also the likely quarrel with her friend.


“Chicken,” Brian rightly pointed out, then handed Gus back to Mel and headed off to provide his favorite blond some necessary back up.


“Here’s my card. I know that the official application deadlines have already passed, but we always hold a few slots open for promising students like yourself. If you’re interested, let me know and I will be happy to run whatever interference I can with the applications committee,” Boldster was saying as Brian came up behind Justin, noting at the same time that Justin’s mother was hovering nearby, eavesdropping.


“Thank you very much,” Justin said, pocketing the card as Boldster moved away.


“That sounded promising, Sunshine,” Brian offered, wrapping his arms around Justin from behind.  


“Maybe.” Justin wasn’t ready to start hoping just yet.


“Justin, honey, I couldn’t help overhearing what that man was saying. It would be wonderful if you could get into such a prestigious school, sweetie. I had no idea that you were getting to be so well known.” Jennifer was gushing and smiling at her son while trying at the same time to ignore the tall dark-haired man whose arms were wrapped possessively around her boy - the same man who was obviously the subject of several of her son’s drawings.


“Mom, I don’t really feel up to dealing with you today. Can you please just leave?” Brian could tell from Justin’s voice that he wasn’t going to be able to maintain his composure much longer and so the charming older man opted to intervene.


“Mrs. Taylor. I’m Brian Kinney. I’m a friend of Justin’s. It’s nice to meet you. Would you like to join me for a glass of wine? That way Justin can go back to meeting and talking with all his fans,” Brian offered, winking at Justin as he moved away from the young artist, and at the same time efficiently steering Jennifer towards the bar with his hand cupping her elbow.


“What are you doing, Brian?” Justin muttered under his breath, right before he was accosted by another handshaking admirer who wanted to discuss his paintings.


“Mrs. Taylor,” Brian started as soon as he’d gotten the woman a glass of wine and himself a scotch. “Justin’s a bit nervous about tonight - you understand, I’m sure - and I don’t think that this is really a great time for you two to try to talk.”


“I’m sorry, Mr . . . Kinney, was it?,” Jennifer bridled. “But, I don’t know what business it is of yours what goes on between me and my son.”


“Actually, the way I look at it, I don’t see what business it is of YOURS what your son is doing tonight or any other time, since you threw him out of your house,” Brian spat right back. “However, I’m not trying to argue that point right now. I’m just saying that this isn’t the best time or place to be having this conversation. Now, could I perhaps suggest an alternative? How about we all get together for lunch tomorrow, or whenever you’re available, and you two can talk then.”


Jennifer started to respond aggressively but then stopped herself, realizing that this man had a valid point. And, if she pushed it, she ran the risk of driving Justin even further away. So Jennifer swallowed her pride as well as her objections. She looked back at the incredibly handsome man standing in front of her; a man who apparently was a significant part of her son’s life now and who seemed to be genuinely concerned about him. She realized that even if she didn’t like this man, she was going to have to trust him.


“How do I know Justin will show up? I had to practically threaten Daphne’s life to get her to tell me about this show tonight so I could see him. I have no way to reach him or find him once I leave here and if he doesn’t want to see me, then . . .” Jennifer pleaded.


“Here’s my card. Feel free to get in touch with me at work any time. I’ll be able to get a message to Justin for you. I can’t promise that he’ll respond, but I can promise that I’ll give him your messages.” Brian offered. “Now, about lunch? Are you free tomorrow at, say, 1:00 pm?”

 

((((((((((((((((((((((((B/J)))))))))))))))))))))))


After Jennifer had left, the rest of the show had gone smoothly. Justin, Daphne and Brian left around 10:00 pm, the artist exhausted by the endless streams of well wishers and fawning sycophants. Amazingly though, especially for an unknown artist with his first show, six of the ten pieces that were displayed had sold by the time they left. Daphne wanted to go out and celebrate, but Brian could tell that Justin had already had enough for one night, so he begged off for the two of them with the excuse that he had work in the morning.


Justin was oddly silent on the ride back to the house. Considering the success of his first professional show, Brian had thought the man would be bubbling over with excitement. He thought about asking what was the matter, but Brian wasn’t much for talking, especially talking about feelings, and in the end he chickened out. Instead, he opted for a quiet show of support by resting his hand on the silent artist’s thigh and every so often giving it a squeeze.


At the house, Brian continued to take his cue from the still silent Justin. He got them out of the car and led Justin through the house and across the patio to the pool house, where he helped the younger man out of the midnight blue cashmere pullover and grey dress slacks he was wearing and even hung the clothes up for him. While Justin pulled on a pair of sweats, Brian got them both beers from the fridge and then led Justin out to the patio where they curled up together on a lounge chair and admired the stars in silence.  


“I think I’m going to call that professor guy tomorrow.” Justin finally broke the silence. “He said that he could probably get me accepted for the fall class. Can you believe it? It’s ironic, isn’t it, that the only way I would get into PIFA is by getting kicked out of my house and meeting you.”  


“Life is pretty fucking weird that way, sometimes, Sunshine,” Brian commented.  


“What did you say to get my mother to leave?” Justin asked.


“Oh that. Well, I just explained to her exactly how and where I planned to fuck her little boy tonight after we got back here - in graphic detail, of course - and she ran screaming and tearing her hair out after that. I don’t think we’ll have to worry about her much anymore.” Brian managed all this without laughing, amazingly enough.


“Oh well, that’s okay then. I thought maybe you did something really tasteless and offensive.” Justin snickered.  


“Actually, Justin, I promised her we’d meet her for lunch tomorrow,” Brian fessed up. “Don’t get mad, okay. It was the only way to get her out of there and I knew she wouldn’t back down altogether. It was either have the conversation that we both know is coming tomorrow at lunch or tonight in front of everyone at the gallery.”


“It’s okay. I figured that I couldn’t put this off forever.” Justin sighed. “Thanks for handling her for me though. I . . . well, I couldn’t have dealt with her tonight, you know.”


“Yeah. I know.”


“Brian?”


“Hmm?”


“What did I do to deserve someone like you?”


“You agreed to be my sex slave for the summer, Sunshine.”


“Oh, yeah. Right. I remember, now.”


“Hey, Sunshine?”


“Yeah?”


“I’m gonna fuck you now, you know?”


“I figured as much.”  


“Any requests?”


“Well, I’m pretty comfy right here. Do I have to move?”


“Nope.”


“Then, no - no requests. Go for it.”


Brian very gently pulled Justin’s sweats down and then did the same with his own slacks. It was getting rather chilly out so he didn’t want to expose any more skin than he had to. But it didn’t take much - the cold kiss of the breeze on his bare behind along with the warmth of Justin’s skin pressed against his groin was incredibly stimulating. He was hard within seconds. He didn’t wait to pull a pre-lubed condom out of his pants’ pocket and put it on. Then he latched on to the beautiful, slender, pale neck with his mouth, kissing and nibbling as Brian ran his hands up under Justin’s shirt, reveling in the warm soft skin.  


Lying on their sides on the narrow lounge chair, they were already snuggled close. But Brian still pulled Justin closer, and in the process, allowed his cock to meet with the warmth of Justin’s inviting, tight, little hole. He pressed lightly so that just the tip entered his boy and then waited patiently for the muscles to relax. Then he pressed in more and more, little by little, incredibly slow and so gently that Justin felt virtually no pain at all, just the pressure and the pulling drawing need for more. Justin sighed when he felt Brian all the way seated inside him. He twisted his neck so that he could meet Brian’s lips in a long, deep, wet kiss, tenderly stroking the stubbly jaw and strong sinewy neck as their lips explored each other’s mouths.  


Brian raised himself up on one elbow to better reach the yielding sweet lips. As they kissed, tenderly and deeply, Brian started moving with a long slow rhythm, taking his time for this once, willing to let this fuck go on all night long if needed. Holding on to the slim, delicate hips with one hand, Brian steadied the other man while he worked in and out, angling his strokes so that Justin would get the maximum pleasure with each pass. Justin let himself be taken care of, let Brian take charge, and gave in to every emotion and fleeting feeling that Brian was evoking.  


It seemed to go on forever, the steady, unending, relentless rhythm. Both men forgot about time altogether, only aware of each other and the mounting and receding tides of pleasure they were both awash in. When Brian heard what he thought was a quiet sob, he looked down at his beautiful blond lover and at first was surprised to see beads of water running all down that sweet elated face, but then quickly realized that they weren’t tears, these were droplets of warm summer rain that were falling and beading on the supple skin. Brian laughed softly and began lapping at the precious drops, licking up each one as it landed on the luscious skin.


Justin was inundated with a mixture of powerful feelings that he could barely identify, let alone name. But suffusing all, he knew he felt loved - it had been so long since he’d experienced that feeling that it took him by surprise. But it was undeniable and potent. He knew that he loved this man with all his heart. If only it was possible that Brian could love him back . . .


As the rain increased in magnitude, the drops beginning to fall harder and faster, Brian began to increase his pace as well. Shifting his hips slightly, he found an even better angle and began to drive in harder, evoking a moan of approval from his willing young lover. He kept up this new, faster pace then reached down to touch his lover’s hot hard cock, pumping it in time with his thrusting.  


When Brian knew he was close to his climax, he sighed - this wasn’t going to be a pounding, earth shaking orgasm. He knew that this was going to be deeper, more intense, and more fulfilling than ever before. He had time only to whisper Justin’s name, before he was taken over by the violently racking emotional overload of this orgasm - something more than he’d ever felt before in his life - but also somehow pervaded by the quiet of the summer rainstorm that surrounded them at the same time.  


And, with the last shudder of his waning release, Brian felt Justin follow him down into the abyss of pleasure, his essence drenching Brian’s hand. Justin’s trembling took much longer to quiet than usual after that unbelievable coupling. Brian could only hold him and kiss him gently until the sobbing and shaking stopped and he realized that Justin had fallen asleep in his arms, his cock still buried deeply in the younger man’s ass, their connection still complete.

 

Chapter End Notes:

*Fun Fact - First Thursday was actually started in my hometown, Portland, Oregon, 25 yrs. ago. It’s one of the oldest arts events of its type in the US and now many other cities have started their own versions.

 

Next chapter - back to some plot development. Yay! Bad guy alert! Boo Hiss!