- Text Size +

JACKSON 

 

I needed to get Nana to help me and Gus. We want our dads to be together. Gus told me Papa doesn't do relationships. We wanted to help Papa change his mind. The only problem is we can't think of a plan. I told Gus that Nana would help. We waited for Nana to get breakfast ready and we were sitting on the couch with her.

 

“Nana, do you like Papa?” I asked her.

 

“Yes, I helped him buy some property around the area. He was always nice.” Nana tells us.

 

“Gus and I need some help.” I tell her.

 

“I’ll help if I can.” Nana tells us.

 

“We want Papa and Dad to become boyfriends or husbands.” I tell her.

 

“Boys, only your Papa and Dad can make that decision.” She tells us.

 

“It’s just, Papa hasn’t had a relationship, and Gus is afraid Papa doesn’t know what to do.” I tell her.

 

“Yeah, he tends to work a lot and I know he sees people but he told me he didn’t want to bring anybody permanent into my life.” Gus tells her.

 

“I think both Papa and Dad don’t know how to start a relationship. They are too busy working and exercising all night.” I tell her.

 

“Dad must think Justin needs to get in shape, Nana. They were making so much noise the other night that Emmett and Granny Deb told us we needed to camp out in the pool house, just to get some sleep.” Gus tells her.

 

“We tried to look up romancing a gay man, so we could help, but the parental control on the computer blocked a lot of stuff.” I tell her.

 

“You and Tucker seem to know how to make a relationship work, you’ve been together forever.” I tell her.

 

JEN

 

I think I need to have a talk with the two dads. Exercising, that’s the best they could come up with? I look at the two matchmakers and decide to help them before Jackson hacks into the wrong sites.

 

“Nana, maybe you could tell my dad what people are supposed to do on dates. I heard Mama say that Dad likes to eat Trix. I think Justin would rather eat something other than cereal.” Gus tells me. I think I need to find Mama and explain not to talk in front of little boys.

 

“Trix are good, but you're right Gus, no one wants cereal on a date.” I tell him.

 

“Will you help us Nana? I want Papa to live with us.” Jackson tells me.

 

“I’ll talk to them for you later. Right now we have a cartoon to watch and pancakes to eat.” I tell the boys.

 

I wanted to laugh at the thought of Brian handing Justin a bowl of cereal and calling it a date, but the boys were so serious. I wouldn’t mind Brian for a son-in-law.

 

BRIAN

 

I talked to Mikey with the cheerleading squad behind me. I wanted to tell Mikey he could take his friend and shove him up his ass. Emmett was right, because I tell Mikey I want to introduce him to Justin, and Mikey ignores that I will be with Justin and tries to set me up with his fellow loser. 

 

“Now I feel dirty, having had to talk to the enemy.” I complain to them.

 

“Brian we aren’t asking you to sleep with him, just make nice.” Emmett tells me. Justin starts gagging.

 

“Emmett don’t make me picture that, I want to be able to keep my food down.” Justin tells him.

 

“He can’t be that bad. I mean someone married him.” Daphne tries to reason.

 

“Girl, the man has this weird patch of hair on his chest, I tried to get him to wax it. He told me waxing hurt and he liked his patch. He has this nasally whine that will make you want to throw duct tape over his mouth when he starts talking. And, Justin and I unfortunately had to not only hear that the whining extends to when he orgasams, but the fact is that his dick makes my thumb look big.” Emmett tells her.

 

“Okay, you win Emmett.” Daphne tells him, shuddering. 

 

The doorbell rings and Natalie, Justin, and Daphne race out to get it. Did I say Justin was mature? I follow behind them to keep them out of trouble. Daphne gets to the door first and opens it. Ben is standing there. Daphne opens the door wider and looks behind Ben and around the driveway.

 

“Daphne what are you looking for?” Emmett asked her.

 

“I’m looking for Ben, because if the description of Michael I got is true, there is no way this hunk is married to him.” Daphne smiles at Ben.

 

“Please tell me you're not Ben. I want to be able to keep imagining a Brian and Ben sandwich with me as the peanut butter holding you together.” Natalie tells Ben.

 

“Sorry, I’m Ben.” He tells them.

 

“Daphne and I will just pretend you weren’t stupid enough to marry this Michael character, it takes points off your hunk status. Brian made a few up though, since Emmett told us he and Justin have been fucking like bunnies. I’m Natalie, I will be your conductor on this ride.” Natalie tells Ben.

 

“Look, I just want to say a big fuck you to Michael, then leave and try to find the person I was. Trust me when I tell you, none of the people in this room has as much of a reason as I do to want to get revenge on my husband.” Ben tell her.

 

“I truthfully don’t care about you or Michael, I just don’t like people shitting on Justin and Jackson. Michael screwed up when he called them freeloaders, then fucked his mother over.” Natalie tells him.

 

“Deb, I’m having the house signed back over to you. I should have stopped Michael but I was pissed at him and took it out on all of you.” Ben tells us.

 

“Instead of apologizing to everyone for being an asshole, let them help.” Justin tells him.

 

“Not that I don’t love the heart to heart, but either get in the house and help or go plan your little show that won’t last long enough for anyone to care.” I tell Ben.

 

Ben comes into the house and is ushered to the kitchen. Natalie told Ben to give her the video tape, so she can see what we’re working with. 

 

“Deb, you might not want to see this.” Ben warns her.

 

Deb thinks about it and decides to watch, she tells us she’ll leave if she can’t stand it. The tape rolls and the video starts like most pornos, with shit talk. Then Michael starts acting like the guy’s a trick and even tells him to call him Brian. Shit, this is bad. Natalie scrunches up her face as Michael pulls out his dick and tells the guy not to choke on it, while we shake our heads at the vienna sausage. Justin and Emmett beg them to fast forward it. Deb leaves the room and tells us she can’t watch anymore. Daphne tells her to stop the tape and play it at normal speed. Is that a tail sticking out of Michael’s ass? I’m kind of insulted, if he is going to pretend to be me. I don’t do things like that. They start forwarding and stop when Michael and Eli are talking. I guess Monty never learned how to be exciting. Natalie asked if Ben got more of the conversations. Ben told her Michael and Eli like to talk shit after they were done. Justin tells them he wants to be able to still get it up so the girls were on their own. Justin tells me he wants to pick up Gus and Jackson from his mom. I told him we were picking up our sons together. The cheer squad awed.

 

JUSTIN

 

Brian and I need to talk about what we want from each other. I don’t want to us to be fuckbuddies, because the kids would misinterpret it as being more than that and the most important thing is that they not be hurt. I also don’t think we know each other well enough to call it a relationship. I want to, but not if it’s going to hurt the boys. Emmett told me that Brian is doing things with me that he never does. It could mean he just likes the sex or that he likes it with me. I wanted to scream ‘just move in and we can figure out the rest later’, but it sounded too crazy one night stand to me. Deb told me that I should make sure I tell Brian what I want and what I won’t put up with. What if he tells me that he isn’t going to be given conditions? What if he likes the freedom of not having to be tied down to one person? 

 

“Justin, as much as your silence is welcome after the girls constant yapping at the house, I need directions to your mother’s house.” Brian tells me.

 

“Just turn left on the next street and she’s the fourth condo down.” I tell him.

 

“Want to tell me what your thinking so hard about?” Brian asks me.

 

“I guess I need to know what we’re doing. I just didn’t want to say anything because we’ve only been with each other for a week and we really don’t know each other that well.” I tell him.

 

“I know I want to spend time with you and Jackson. Gus needs to see that being a kid isn’t having a mother who is selfish enough to use her son to get her way. That he’s important because he is special just for being him. I watched you welcome people into your life and teach Jackson and Gus that the world isn’t a bad place. Jackson thought nothing of you taking in Deb and Emmett. You didn’t expect them to do anything but be your friend. I’m so used to people telling me I owe them for being there for me that I waited to see what you were going to tell them they had to do for your kindness. You want to know what I want? I want to know you, and be the kind of father you are, to both Jackson and Gus.” Brian tells me.

 

I stayed silent until we pulled into the driveway at my mother’s condo. Unbuckling my seatbelt, I turned to face Brian and leaned up and pulled our foreheads together. I wanted to look in his eyes.

 

“You already are that father, never let anyone tell you that you aren’t. The world is full of bad, but we teach the kids to look beyond the outside and see if the person is worth saving. That’s what I’m looking for in your eyes and have found. You're worth it Brian. I can’t tell you what is going to happen in the future, but for now, you're who I see when I dream of my future. If you're willing to try, than we do the best we can, and if it doesn’t work we stay friends and raise the kids.” I tell him.

 

“I don’t try. I succeed.” Brian tells me before kissing me. 

 

I crawl on his lap and deepen the kiss. I want to devour him, this gorgeous man who I can’t seem to stop wanting every minute of the day. I start kissing his neck and want to feel his skin. I reach back up and start kissing him again. Then there was this knocking sound, I turn to see Gus and Jackson smiling and my mother giving me the mom look. Brian laughs and rolls down the window.

 

“Mother Taylor, we came to get the boys.” Brian tells her.

 

“Did you get lost on the way out of the car?” Mom asks.

 

“Justin was just explaining how to do CPR. It’s really important.” Brian tells her.

 

“Next time wait until you're not in my driveway.” Mom tells Brian with a smile.

 

We go to get the boys things and Mom tells me the boys want to get Brian and I together. She told me that after the driveway, she didn’t think we needed any help.