- Text Size +

JUSTIN 

 

Standing on the porch at Deb’s I don't know why I'm nervous about telling everyone. At least this time I know I can support a child. Last time I spent many nights trying to figure out how I was going to keep a roof over my head. I worked up to the day I had Jackson. After I had him, Daphne helped out until my books started selling. Daphne and I made it work. Her parents even helped when Craig cut me off. So it makes less sense to me that I'm more nervous this time. 

 

Brian and I decided to tell everyone tonight, instead of waiting a few months. I don't think anybody is going to be upset about it, maybe I feel this way because last time I hid it from my family. I knew Craig wasn’t going to be happy about his grandson. I need to remember Craig isn’t going to be here to condemn me to hell.

 

“Justin stop working yourself up over telling everyone. Everyone is going to be happy about this. If they aren’t, fuck them.” Brian tells me. 

 

“Papa, you owe me and Gus two dollars.” Jackson tells him. Brian grabs his wallet out and hands them each a twenty. 

 

“I have a feeling you and Gus are going to hear a lot of payable words tonight.” Brian tells them.

 

“The whole point was to stop swearing, not raise money for Jackson and Gus’s college funds.” I tell him. 

 

“You think the people in this house are going to monitor what they say?” Brian asks me. 

 

 Brian walks in the door without waiting for an answer. My mom is here with Molly. Brian heads over to Molly and picks her up and kisses her on the cheek. Poor Molly was blushing. 

 

“Um, I'm Molly, you must be Brian.” She stammered. 

 

“Yep, I just wanted to kiss the person who didn't let people tell you to abandon Justin.” Brian tells her. 

 

“My Dad is a narrow minded bigot, if I had gotten pregnant, he'd have still supported me.” Molly tells us. 

 

“Thank God we don’t have to test that theory.” Jen tells her. I want to tell her not to thank God yet.

 

BRIAN

 

Everyone took a seat at the table. I look at Simon and want to smile. I can’t wait to see his face when we tell everyone. Mr Perfect can stop looking at Justin and thinking he has a chance. I can be gracious about it, but since I didn’t get to slam my foot in his ass for drooling, this is the next best thing. 

 

“I made vegetarian Lasagna for you Mel.” Deb tells her.

 

“I never really was a vegetarian. Lindsay was the one who wanted to eat like that.” Mel tells her.

 

“Lindsay was eating meat, you just didn’t know it Mel.” I tell her.

 

“Fuck off, Brian.” Mel laughs.

 

“Dad, is the money Papa gave us for everyone else too?” Gus asks Justin.

 

“Until you run out.” Justin tells him. I pray I don’t end up having to credit their accounts.

 

“Deb, I hate to bring this up but have you heard from Michael? My attorney wants me to finalize a custody agreement, so we don’t play Michael threatens to sue.” Mel asks Deb.

 

“He hasn’t called since he left.” Deb tells her.

 

“I have an email address, Michael is sending emails to us at Kinnetik.” Ted tells Mel.

 

“He’s sending emails to you too?” Emmett asks Ted. 

 

“I think he thinks I’ll forward them to Brian.” Ted tells them.

 

“Just send me the address, I’ll send him a copy of the forms and hope he doesn’t ignore them.” Mel tells Ted.

 

I watch Justin piling on the food. I think he is keeping his mouth full so he doesn’t have to say anything. Jackson tugs on my shirt.

 

“Papa are we going to tell everyone about the baby.” I think he meant to whisper.

 

I watch everyone look at Jackson. Jen turns to me and waits for me to tell her what Jackson is talking about.

 

“Ted you want to tell them?” I smirk at Ted. Ted glares at me.

 

“Wait, why is Ted telling us. Blake isn’t pregnant is he?” Emmett asks.

 

“No, Blake isn’t pregnant.” Ted tells Emmett, “Brian is the only one with Super Sperm.” 

 

“If Brian had Super Sperm, we’d probably be dealing with a couple dozen little Kinneys.” Mel tells us.

 

“It seems to only work on Justin.” Ted tells them.

 

“Well Jackson is the proof of that.” Deb smiles at Jackson.

 

“Justin, is there something you need to tell me?” Jen seems to be the only one to figure it out. Justin shovels more food in his mouth.

 

“Justin put that fork down.” Daphne tells him. Justin seems to be taking forever to chew.

 

“Swallow, Justin.” Natalie tells him. I guess I need to save him.

 

“In the words of Sunshine, I knocked his ass up. Again.” I tell everyone. Poor Simon, time to look for a new obsession. I was nice, I didn’t even smirk at him.

 

“Jesus Brian, you didn’t even give other men a chance before you knocked him up.” Deb tells me.

 

“Why look at other men, when he already has the best.” Emmett tells her.

 

“When your right Emmett, you're right. Don’t worry Sunshine, after Brian, it’s all downhill from there.” Deb tells Justin.

 

“When are we expecting my next grandchild?” Jen asks. 

 

“I should be just coming on my first month, so it will be a while.” Justin tells her.

 

“Brian, what did you do, look at Justin’s ass and think baby?” Mel asks.

 

“Well if you looked at Justin’s ass, you’d think of a way to get in it too.” Simon tells us. I glare at him. He needs to not be looking there. Justin rolled his eyes, Simon can live.

 

“Too bad Blake wasn’t pregnant, then you and Brian could wear matching ‘Baby Daddy’ T-shirts to work.” Daphne tells everyone. 

 

“Unless it’s designer, my Papa wouldn’t wear it.” Jackson tells Daphne. That’s my boy.

 

“Brian can wear any Baby Daddy outfits.” Ted tells everyone. I think Ted needs to look at Blake.

 

“Hey Blake, what do you think?” I ask him. I pay attention to people, it’s my business. 

 

“I think it’s great that you and Justin are going to have a baby.” Blake says as he hurries out of the kitchen.

 

“I think that Ted will never make a great Ad man, is what I think.” I tell Ted.

 

“Brian, I did okay with presenting your accounts.” Ted tells me.

 

“Yes, but part of being a Ad man is being able to read people.” I tell him. This is fun.

 

“I can read people.” Ted tells me.

 

“Then look at your partner and tell me what you read.” I tell him.

 

Ted looks at Blake. Blake is studying the coffee table. Emmett looks at them and then at me. He points with his head at Blake and then at Justin. I nod. Emmett starts laughing. Ted turned back to me.

 

“I don’t get it, what am I supposed to see?” Ted asks. I shrug and look at Emmett.

 

“Teddy, if you need Daphne and Natalie to buy you the shirt, they will. Prove to me you have powers of deduction and put Blake out of his misery.” Emmett tells Ted, who gets up and goes to his partner.

 

“Shit, I was planning to tell you tonight at home. Brian isn’t the only one with super sperm.” Blake tells Ted.

 

Poor Ted, bet he wishes he didn’t stop drinking. Justin started smiling, I guess compared to Ted my reaction was better. Everyone starts congratulating Blake and Justin. Emmett tells us we should go to Babylon tonight. He tells Simon, Justin might not be available for dancing, but that he was. Simon seems to be agreeable. I tell the guys we wanted to celebrate alone tonight, so have fun.

 

Ted finally comes out of his stupor and I guess he paid attention this afternoon.

 

“Blake, I love you and I’ll love our child. I’m thrilled about this.” Ted tells Blake. I did it better.

 

“What did you and Brian do, call and tell each other, let's knock up our partners?” Mel asks them.

 

“Jealous Smelly Melly, I’m sure you could ask Emmett or Simon to knock you up.” I tell her.

 

“Please, if I got to choose, I would choose Justin. At least I know we’d have an intelligent child.” Mel tells us.

 

“Hey, Gus and Jackson are both mine. They are both highly intelligent, so maybe it’s me.” I tease her.

 

“Brian if your sperm ever went near my eggs, I’d be afraid we’d birth the Antichrist.” Mel tells everyone.

 

MICHAEL

 

David told me we were going on vacation with Hank. Told me, not asked me. I tried to get him to just take the two of us. Hank isn’t the cute little kid who came to visit. I tried to talk comics with him and he told me he grew out of comics before high school. David and Hank hang out together and ignore me, David told me I should try reading a real book, if I want to be included in the conversation. I tried to mention moving back to Pittsburgh, but David told me he would give me a ticket back if I wanted to go. I told him it was just a thought.

 

David never wants to go out or do anything, he told me that if I had a job, I’d understand wanting to relax after work. I wanted to tell him being a chiropractor was like pretending to be a doctor. All he does is massage your back and charge huge fees.

 

I was hoping we would go to Europe again, but no, we are going camping with Hank and his frat. I told David it might be better if we stayed home. Frat boys don’t exactly welcome gay guys. David told me it’s not like we were going to be doing anything, just camping. I smile and tell him, whatever he wants is fine. I guess I get stuck being eaten by mosquitoes all weekend. 

 

I wait till David leaves for work to email Brian. David was serious that he didn’t want me talking to people from Pittsburgh. He told me Ma was the only person that I should need to talk to. I told him that Ma was still upset at me for not trying to make it work with Ben. David seem to accept that as the reason Ma wasn’t calling three times a day. I don’t think he really cares. 

 

I type an email about how David is introducing me to all his friends and people who could be potential clients for Brian. I told him it was too bad he wouldn’t answer my emails, it could have brought him more business. I bet Cynthia is blocking my emails. I’ll send another one later.