- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

“Jackson, what are you and Gus doing?” I ask him.

 

“We wanted to check the babies hand-eye coordination.” Jackson tells me.

 

We were visiting Blake and the twins. I wanted to point out to the boys that at a month old the babies weren’t going to have a lot of hand-eye coordination, but it’s easier to just let them figure it out on their own. Blake is just happy the boys are interested in the babies. I came over to finish the trim in the nursery. Mom and Anne had it painted but the trim was too light and Blake was going to try to do it, but caring for two babies makes it impossible.

 

I was also kind of depressed lately, I don’t even know why. I thought it was because for the first time in years, I have nothing to do. It’s hard to go from working to nothing, I started trying to dress YumYum up in the outfits Brian bought, but she wasn’t exactly willing. God I want this pregnancy to end, it’s taking forever. The doctor told us two weeks and he was going to schedule me for surgery. Brian has been ansty ever since, he’s been trying to finish anything pressing at work so he can stay home for the first couple of weeks. 

 

“Dad, are you going to get on a ladder?” Gus asks me.

 

“Just for the last part of the trim.” I tell him.

 

“Papa told us to remind you you're too big to be climbing on anything.” Gus tells me. Brian just earned a night on the couch.

 

“I only have to go up there for a few minutes.” I tell him.

 

“Do I have to call Papa?” Gus asks me. That is the other thing, my boys are telling on me.

 

“You know what, call Papa and tell him to get his giant as… butt up here if this is a problem.” I tell the boys. They both roll their eyes at me, I just can’t do menacing like Brian.

 

“Justin, I’ll do it.” Blake tells me.

 

“Whatever, I guess I’ll take my fat pregnant ass home.” I tell Blake.

 

“Five bucks, Dad.” Mr Smarty Pants Jackson tells me.

 

“Tell your Papa he owes it to you.” I tell him. If Brian wants to control everything, he can pay up too.

 

“Wow Dad, you’re really in a bad mood today.” Jackson tells me.

 

“I’m sorry, I just can’t seem to get in a happy mood. How about I take you guys out for ice cream?” I ask them.

 

“Can we go see Papa?” Jackson asks me.

 

“Sure, why not.” I tell them. 

 

We leave Blake’s house and drive to Kinnetik. I hope Brian can cheer me up. I walk in with the boys into the reception area. The girl behind the counter asks us if we have an appointment. 

 

“No, we just came to see if Brian has a free moment.” I tell her.

 

“MR. KINNEY only sees people by appointment.” She tells me. 

 

“MR. KINNEY, WILL WANT TO SEE HIS SONS WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT.” What the hell, I realize she’s new, but couldn’t she have gotten our names before acting like a bitch.

 

“Sir, I might have only just start two days ago, but Mr Kinney only sees people by appointment.” She needs to check her facts.

 

“Do yourself a favor, call him and tell him Justin, his partner, is here with HIS SONS.” I tell her.

 

“I could just call security to remove you or you could leave on your own.” She tells me.

 

“I’m trying to save your job. Call Mr Kinney and tell him to come out here.” I tell her.

 

“Look, I know for a fact that you aren’t his partner, his partner just came in and is in his office waiting, so maybe you could think of another one.” She tells me.

 

What the hell does she mean his partner is in his office? Fuck this, I walk past her and start towards Brian’s office. She tries to stop me. 

 

“I’m calling security, you need to stop.” She tells me.

 

I walk to Brian’s office and shove the door open. When I walk in the door, I hear someone coming out of Brian’s bathroom. I turn to see a guy walking out with a towel on.

 

“Who the fuck are you?” I ask the guy.

 

“Excuse me, but maybe I should ask you, since you barged in here.” The guy asks me.

 

The security guy, Frank, comes in and asks me to step out of the office. Shit, I felt a cramp. I turn and tell the boys we need to go. I hear Frank telling the guy he needed to get dressed. The cramping was getting worse, Frank tried to get me to sit down. I told him I didn’t want to be in the same room with the receptionist. Cynthia comes out and wants to know what the hell is going on. I told Cynthia that the bitch behind reception let some random guy in Brian’s office. I turn to the receptionist.

 

“Tell Mr Kinney, that Justin, the father of his children was here. I hope you have a resume.” I tell her.

 

I walk out the door and head to my car. I hear Cynthia talking to Brian.The boys are following behind me, I need to calm down. I can feel my heart racing and I’m cramping. Shit, I need to call someone to watch the boys. I hit the last person I called.

 

“Hey Justin, are you still bored?” Emmett asks me.

 

“Emmett, can you come to Kinnetik please, I’m cramping. If I end up having the baby, I need someone to watch the boys.” I try not to scream as it starts to hurt more. I sit in the car and tell the boys to stay calm.

 

“I’m on my way it, should take me ten minutes. Where’s Brian?” Emmett asks me.

 

“I don’t know, I came here to see him. The woman in reception let some random guy in Brian’s office and the security guy is kicking him out. Truthfully, if you find him could you tell him today was not the day to be out to lunch.” I tell Emmett.

 

“Justin, what is going on?” Emmett asks me.

 

“Can we talk about this after you get here?” I ask him.

 

Emmett hangs up the phone. God, it hurts, not just the cramping but that I had to deal with stupid people today. I try to calm the boys, but they know something is wrong. I lean my head back and close my eyes. I hear a car skid into the parking lot and want to tell Emmett we have to live to get to the hospital. 

 

“Justin, I need to put you in the backseat.” Brian tells me.

 

“I need you to go in that building and tell the woman in reception that I’m your partner.” I tell him. Ouch, another cramp, okay, so maybe it’s not important for him to do that right now.

 

“Emmett, open the backdoor, boys slide over, so I can put Dad in the back.” Brian tells them.

 

I hurt too much to argue right now. Brian helps me in the back. He tells Emmett to drive the car and gets in the passenger side. We arrive at the hospital and Brian runs in to get a wheelchair. A nurse follows Brian out and they help me in the chair. I see my doctor waiting and I get wheeled into a room. The doctor tells everyone to wait outside. 

 

“Want to tell me what’s going on?” The doctor asks me.

 

“The asshole out there knocked me up.” I tell him.

 

“I meant what’s going on with your body.” The doctor says kindly.

 

“I was upset earlier and I started yelling. I was walking really fast and I could feel my heart rate climb. The cramping started right after that.” I tell him.

 

I see the nurse bringing in an ultrasound machine. “Justin, I want to see what’s going on in there. If we have to take her, she’s developed enough to come.” He tells me.

 

“I didn’t mean to hurt her.” I started crying.

 

“You didn’t. It could be your body telling us it’s time.” He tells me. I feel a little better, I didn’t want to hurt the baby.

 

I see Brian walk in the door. Right now I just care about the baby, I’ll deal with him later. He needs to put pictures in his office, so stupid people know who I am. Okay, not the thing I need to worry about right now. The doctor watches the scan and tells me he wants to go ahead. The nurse comes to help me get undressed, Brian walks over to help me get ready. We get taken to the delivery room and I just want to get this over with, man I’m ready to just sleep. It happened so fast, I think I passed out after all the excitement was over. Brian was standing next to me holding our daughter. I look at her and smile, at least we make beautiful children. The doctor told me to rest, sounded like a good idea. When I woke up later I see Brian in the chair next to me but staring at the sleeping baby. I look around and Gus and Jackson are on the bed next to me watching TV. I want to see her. Crap no lifting up, I forgot about the stitches.

 

BRIAN

 

I was out buying Justin a fucking tuna sandwich. I wanted to cheer him up. Blake called and told me moody Justin was coming to see me. I ran out to get him the sandwich, he seemed depressed for the last couple days, and I thought it would make him happy. I was driving back, when Cynthia called me and told me Justin was at Kinnetik and needed to get to the hospital. I punched the gas and raced to him. Emmett pulled up as I skidded to a halt. I don’t know why Justin was pissed, but right then I wanted to get him to the hospital, we could fight it out after the doctor sees him. 

 

Justin kept telling me something about putting pictures in my office. He just needs to get over it, we were about to have our daughter. When Justin kept falling asleep during the surgery the doctor told me it was his adrenaline wearing off, nothing else. Only Justin could sleep through giving birth. When she came into the world, I got to be the first person to hold her. It was the first time I was able to watch one of my children be born. I swear she was smiling at me, I know I was probably grinning like an idiot. Justin opened his eyes and smiles at her, then the twat falls right back to sleep. I’m putting this in her baby book, “DAD SLEPT THROUGH YOUR BIRTH.”

 

Emmett and the boys were in the waiting room. I told Emmett to call Jen and tell her. Jen will take care of the rest of the family. The boys were acting strange and Emmett told me what Justin said when he called him. None of it is making a lot of sense, I finally sit the boys down, while we wait for Justin to be taken to a room.

 

“Anybody want to tell me why Dad is mad?” I ask them.

 

“That lady at the front desk was mean to Dad.” Gus tells me.

 

“Cynthia?” I can’t see her doing that.

 

“No. The one at the desk when you come in.” Jackson tells me.

 

“What did she do?” Her ass is fired. 

 

“She told Dad he couldn’t go to your office without an appointment.” Gus tells me.

 

“Then Dad went anyway and we heard him and some guy yelling at each other.” Jackson adds.

 

“The lady called security to kick us out.” Gus tells me. What the hell is going on?

 

I tell Emmett to watch the boys. I need to know what the hell happened in the hour I was gone. I call Cynthia and tell her a rough version of what the boys told me. Cynthia gave me the real version. I asked her if the receptionist has been fired yet.

 

“I wanted to know if you wanted her gone or not.” Cynthia tells me.

 

“Her job is to verify. You don’t just take some guy’s word that he’s my partner. You were in the building, she could have just called you. She is not to be there one minute more.” I tell her.

 

“Frank recognized Justin and went to remove the other guy. When he asked Justin to leave he only meant so he could get rid of the moron in your office, he didn’t want Justin hurt.” Cynthia tells me. Frank gets to keep his job. 

 

“I need to go, they’re bring Justin to his room. I might need you here, in case Justin won’t listen.” I tell her.

 

“No problem, Boss.” She tells me.

 

I just hope he listens to me. I couldn’t stop staring at my daughter. The boys told me she was pretty and then asked if they could watch TV. Hopefully they’ll be more interested when she gets home. I hear Justin grimace, I turn and he is eyeing the bassinet. I lifted her and brought her to the bed. 

 

“I know you’re pissed and we can talk about it when Jen gets here, so the boys can go with her.” I tell him. Justin looks at the baby and nods.

 

“What name do you want?” Justin asks me.

 

“I thought you were going to name her, you named both the boys.” I tell him.

 

“It’s your turn to do the naming.” Justin tells me.

 

“Chastity. As in, you know I will kill anybody who tries to take it.” I tell him. Justin smiles.

 

“Is that what you want?” He asks me.

 

“No, I just wanted to see you smile. I like Riley” I tell him.

 

“She looks like a Riley, good choice Dad.” Gus tells me. Jackson smiles at us. Guess Riley has a name.

 

Jen shows up and I ask her to take the boys to the cafeteria. Jen stays long enough to hold Riley. Once they’re gone, it’s time to see if  Justin will listen to me.

 

“Justin, will you listen to me first.” I ask him. Justin nods.

 

“I was getting you a tuna sandwich, that is why I wasn’t at the office. Cynthia told me the receptionist let the guy in because he told her he was my partner. There is a bet at Babylon, the first guy who gets me to fuck him wins the bet. I guess the guy in my office was trying to win.” I tell Justin. 

 

“Did you fire the woman who was in reception?” Justin asks me.

 

“Yes. Her job is to verify who someone is before they get past her. Cynthia was there and so was Ted. Frank in security recognized you and wasn’t asking you to leave, he just wanted to get the other guy out. He didn’t want you hurt if the guy wasn’t going to go quietly.” Brian tells me.

 

“Brian, I never thought you did anything. I was frustrated that she didn’t even attempt to find out anything. When she told me someone was in your office, I was pissed she let a random man in your office. I left because the cramping started, not because I don’t trust you.” Justin tells me.

 

“Wait, you didn’t think I cheated?” I need to hear him say he trusts me that much.

 

“No. We promised to tell each other. You’ve always been honest with me.” Justin tells me.

 

“I love you, Justin.” I tell him for the first time.

 

“I love you, too. Did you bring the sandwich?” the twat asks me.