- Text Size +

BRIAN 

 

The boys and I were on our way to pick up Justin and Riley from the hospital. I asked everyone to wait till dinner to invade. I wanted us to drive home as a family, not caravan with the troops. The boys missed Justin not being home all the time and I felt they needed time without so many people around. Justin wanted to have lunch before we were invaded. I asked Emmett to set it up at the loft, so it would be only the five of us. It would be nice to get to hold my daughter for more than three seconds. 

 

The boys were ready for their Dad to come home. Apparently only Justin cooks what they like. YumYum was even rebelling, she wouldn’t eat anything. I was worried about her until I realized she wanted tuna, she's going to be pissed when she figures out her supplier stopped eating it. Apparently Justin doesn’t like tuna, only his babies do. I've learned to appreciate all the things Justin does when I am at work. 

 

We pull up and once again I have to remind the boys not to try to jump out of a moving car.

 

“Sorry Papa.” They both say.

 

“I know you're excited Dad is coming home, but can we not land in the hospital. I'd like it to look like I can take care of you two.” I tell them.

 

“You did okay, but if Dad has to go somewhere ever again, maybe you could get Nana or Granny Deb to cook.” Gus tells me. 

 

“What was wrong with dinner last night?” I ask him.

 

“Nothing if you like peanut butter and avocado sandwiches.” Gus mutters.

 

“Or drinking that nasty juice.” Jackson mutters.

 

“At least the hospital food had dessert.” Gus points out.

 

“At least I tried, I could have made you fend for yourself.” I tell them.

 

“We couldn't have done any worse than you.” Gus smiles, the smart ass.

 

The imps ran in and told Justin on me. I'll get them for that. Justin and Blake are next. I found out who sent my ‘best friend’ the email. I told Emmett, we hit them when they least expect it. Until then we're just going to let them think they pulled one over on us. 

 

I head for my girl. Yes, I'm that father with the thousand pictures to torture you with. I can’t help that my baby is better than everyone else's. Riley has big blue eyes and reddish blonde hair, and as far as I'm concerned, is perfect. 

 

“Can we get out of here? I don't think I've had a minute alone since you left.” Justin asks me. 

 

“It’s your fault for being nice to everyone, learn to tell people to fu... go.” I tell him. The boys looked disappointed, but cursing is getting expensive.

 

“No one takes me seriously. I ask if they have things to do and they all think I'm worried about them. I even had to stop Deb from helping me use the bathroom.” Justin tells me.

 

“It’s your WASPY manners, learn to tell them to take a hike.” I tell him. 

 

Justin looks at me. Why does he think hinting at things works with this group? The boys help Justin get his things, and I pick up my angel. The nurse comes with the wheelchair, I had to hand Riley to Justin, well, I got a whole minute. We were headed out the door, when Craig and Malibu Barbie are walking in. Craig stops and looks at us.

 

“Still determined to raise that baby to think what you're doing is okay?” Craig asks Justin. It’s my turn.

 

“Craig, how's it going? You bringing your niece in for a checkup?” I ask him. 

 

“I'm so like not his niece, silly.” She flirts with me. 

 

“Really. You can’t be any older than Justin. I like, would think that Craig wouldn’t want to promote corrupting little girls.” I tell her.

 

“I’m like nineteen, and Craig was all, you act so much older. I mean normally old guys like do nothing for me, but I figured he at least has his own car.” She tells me.

 

“Yeah, old guys tend to like, have a car.” I tell her.

 

“I know, and it’s nice to not have to support myself, Craigie does it for me.” She smiles at an unsmiling Craig.

 

“Wow, but like I bet your Dad likes that your boyfriend is his age.” I watch Craig turn redder. The people watching are laughing.

 

“Well, like I guess I’ll take my deviant family out of here. Make sure Craig like buys you a car, then you can like show it off to your friends.” I tell her.

 

“Yeah, I think I should get one, I like have to hang out with a bunch of old people all the time. I want a car Craigie. What a cute baby, Craigie maybe we can like babysit for them sometime.” She tells him. Craigie grabs her arm and storms off. 

 

“Like, could we get out of here.” Gus jokes.

 

“I know, I like, feel like taking her to English class.” Jackson tells us. Justin smirks.

 

“I think Craigie is going to give you a wide berth from now on.” Justin tell me.

 

“But, like I wanted you to at least get to meet Mommy dearest.” I tell him, smirking.

 

I run and get the car. Time to get my family to lunch. We drive to the loft and Emmett opens the door. 

 

“I’m leaving, I just wanted to pick up the bags to drive to the house.” Emmett tells us.

 

I go with Emmett and transfer everything to his car. Emmett hands me a present.

 

“It’s for you, not my new princess.” Emmett tells me.

 

I open the box and in it was an Armani T-shirt with “Riley’s Papa” on it. I looked at it and smile at Emmett. At least it’s designer. Not that I plan on wearing it, well maybe at home. Emmett tells me it was just so Jackson wouldn’t chastise him for not buying designer. I push him into his car. I took my shirt and decide to wear it into the loft.

 

JUSTIN

 

I looked at the table and was glad Emmett made lunch, I love Brian, but his idea of dinner is take out and apparently peanut butter and avocados. I bring Riley to the table and start picking at the chicken, I don’t even want to see a can of tuna again. We look up to see Brian walk in wearing a Tee shirt.

 

“At least it’s Armani.” Jackson, the clothes horse points out. Brian smiles that Jackson recognized it. Gus and I rolled our eyes.

 

Brian walks over and picks up Riley, I think he was tired of everyone taking her out of his arms all the time. I watch as he walks around and talks to her. Brian told me this is the first time he was able to be there from the beginning and he was going to make sure to be there for her every moment. The boys get up to sit with him and Riley. I smile at my family.

 

We stayed a couple hours, Brian asked if we should keep the loft. 

 

“It’s your first home, keep it.” I tell him.

 

“No, you and the boys were my first home. This was just a place I lived.” He tells me.