- Text Size +

LINDSAY

 

I finally got my dream house, a husband, and an invitation back to the country club. I should be happy, but I wanted Brian, not Sam. Gus was my ticket to that, but he is being a shit like his father. Every time I need Gus, Brian blocks me. If Sam hadn’t been so crude in front of the social worker I’d be able to control Brian by using Gus. Brian always brings up his rights. I couldn’t believe a court sided with him. Brian’s lifestyle should have stopped them from giving him custody. Sam propositioned the court reporter, telling her he could ditch me if she wanted to see his sketches. The judge ordered supervised visitation, because Sam tried to corner the reporter in the hallway. 

 

I need to keep Sam from running off with his latest muse and I knew he was eager to meet JJ Taylor. Sam told me he needed to be around artists. 

 

“I’m an artist, why not talk to me?” I asked him.

 

“Darling, you’re a girl who draws crappy pictures. An artist has vision.” He tells me.

 

“You told me I just needed inspiration, and that I was stifled living with Mel.” I tell him.

 

“I just wanted to fuck a lesbian and turn her.” Sam told me as he walked out of the house.

 

I did try to stay with Mel, but Sam had to make that impossible. He hired a lawyer from her firm and drew up a prenup. He told the lawyer he hadn’t proposed yet but he wanted everything in order before hand. Mel had been walking by and stopped to say hi to Sam. Sam told her he wanted some advice on prenups. Mel told him it wasn’t really her area. Sam said since he was going to marry her wife, it should interest her. Mel threw my stuff in the trash and told me to get out the same day. She also let me know that she and Brian had already filed to restore Brian’s rights. I told her with Brian’s lifestyle no one would give him custody, she told me he already had it. I decided to just marry Sam, since Brian told me no. I wanted Sam’s money behind me when I tried to sue Brian for not siding with me.

 

I know Sam has been seeing some teenage slut groupie, but he married me and he isn’t going to get out of this that easy this time. I wanted to rub it in Brian’s face that I married someone famous. Now I have to keep Sam from taking off and leaving me high and dry. JJ Taylor was the answer to my prayers. He kept turning down my invitation for dinner but I thought I could call him and tell him Gus was eager to make a new friend. It was a way to keep Sam at home tonight. 

 

I could still call him, but he might wonder where I got his number. I snuck into Sydney’s office when he went to lunch to get the number. Sydney is looking for more help at the gallery. He’s trying to replace me, all because I offered a few artists to be their muse for an afternoon. The artists told Sydney they didn’t want to deal with me anymore. I told Sydney they came on to me, I turned them down and they were pissed. Sydney told me if I hadn’t done the same with Sam, he would have believed me. I told Sam that Sydney was trying to fire me and he should let me open a gallery of my own. I would put Sydney out of business. Sam told me being an art teacher doesn’t make me qualified to run a gallery and that my pussy wasn’t enough for any artist to sacrifice their career to show in the dump I would put together. I threw his favorite erotic vase at him. We fought and destroyed half the house. We ended up having sex and Sam told me if I could be like that all the time he wouldn’t fuck other women.

 

I wanted to have a baby with Sam to keep him tied to me. I just didn’t have the energy to fight and have angry sex to keep him interested. Sam told me he got clipped years ago. I told him he could get it reversed but he told me the idea of me getting fat made him sick. He also said seven brats were enough for him. 

 

I need to find a way to get JJ Taylor to come to the house, none of his groupies could do that.

 

JUSTIN

 

I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to decide if Jackson should know I’ve seen his father. I want to be honest with him. He deserves the option to see his other father, if he wants to. I just worry that Brian might hurt him. If Brian’s son Gus wants to meet Jackson,… Shit it isn’t possible is it?

 

All this worrying about Brian and I nearly forgot about the baby he had that night. Gus is a darker version of Jackson because they are brothers. I don’t think I have a choice. Jackson needs the truth, because sooner or later they are going to run into each other again. 

 

I walked up to the front to get Jackson from school. He’s talking to his teacher. I was stalling. Jackson needs information and I have to give him the correct information. I have never said anything bad about Brian, just that we didn’t know each other. If what Gus says is true, then hopefully Brian will treat Jackson well.

 

“Ready boy genius?” I greet him.

 

“Sure Dad, I want to start a science project, we get extra credit for it.” He tells me.

 

“It’s only your first week here, but if it’s important to you, go ahead. Just don’t blow anything up.” I tell him.

 

“Dad, it was only supposed to be flowing lava. It didn’t blow up, it just got everywhere.” Jackson says with a long suffering sigh. 

 

“I thought we could go have burgers at the diner on Liberty. They’re extra greasy. You want to?” I ask him.

 

“Is this where you need to tell me something but try to make it seem like a father-son day?” I swear my kid is too smart.

 

“Yes. I wanted to tell you about your other father, and his son.” I tell him.

 

“I have a brother? Really? That is so cool. How about we sit and talk at the park and then go eat. I don’t want people to try and distract us.” Jackson suggests.

 

We go to the park near the diner. I sit him down and explain that I haven’t talked to Brian, but I did see him. I also tell him that the soccer player he saw is Brian’s other son. 

 

“Is he older than me?” Jackson asks me.

 

“Nine months. I got pregnant with you the night he was born.” I tell him.

 

“Was Gus nice when you talked to him?” Jackson asks me.

 

“He was a lot like you are. He is having some home life problems with his mother. He talked about Brian like he was a great dad.” I tell him.

 

“Can I think about meeting them?” Jackson asks.

 

“You can think about it all you want. I do want to try and talk to Brian first, so it’s not a shock to him.” I tell Jackson.

 

“Well, at least we know his last name now. Just have to figure out where he works or lives.” Jackson is always trying to help solve a mystery.

 

I didn’t tell Jackson, but I think my accountant works for Brian. There can’t be that many Kinneys on Liberty Avenue. We walk into the diner and the redhead is still there, I wonder if she ever goes home. 

 

“Well Sunshine, you must have like the food, and who is this cutie?” She asks me.

 

“My son Jackson, this is… I never did get your name Ma'am.” I smile at her.

 

“Just call me Deb, Sweetie, and you can call me Nana if you want, little Sunshine.” I like that she was nice to Jackson.

 

“I have a Nana, but I could call you Red if you want.” My son, the smart ass.

 

“As long as you call me.” She quips back at him. 

 

“I like her, Dad.” I think we are going to be eating here a lot.

 

We sit down and Jackson orders. I was still full so I just got a shake. Jackson told Deb she should sit with us. He seems to really like her. 

 

“What a polite little boy you are. I would love to join you, it’s the end of my shift.” Deb saya as she sits down.

 

Deb gets our whole life story out of Jackson. She told me I wasn’t the first male pregnancy she’s heard of, that with all the gay men around it’s happened a lot here. She asked if the other father knew about Jackson.

 

“Dad, didn’t know his last name and he moved before he knew he was pregnant with me. He did see the guy today, so he is going to talk to him about me and make sure my other dad wants to see me.” Jackson tells her.

 

“I know most of the guys on Liberty, what’s his name?” Deb asks.

 

“It’s Brian. Brian Kinney.” Jackson tells her before I can stop him.

 

“Brian. Well Sunshine, when you aim, you aim big.” Deb laughs.

 

“You know my dad?” Jackson asks her.

 

“I helped raise your dad, and to answer your question, he’s going to love you.” Deb tells him.

 

I want to kiss this woman. Jackson has always held back on wanting to meet Brian, and she just gave him a reason to overcome his fear of rejection. I smile and mouth ‘Thank you’ for making Jackson happy. We were eating together when a guy comes in and stands at the end of our table.

 

“Feeding the riff-raff again Ma? You should just call child services to pick up the kid, he deserves a real family.” As much as I like Deb, I might have to kick her son’s ass.

 

“Michael, why don’t you go back to your new family, no one wants you here.” I can see it hurts her to say this, and the slimy little toad is going to wish he was nicer to his mother.

 

“I would, but you owe me, and I want you to testify against Mel for me.” Michael tells her.

 

“All I’ll testify to is that you couldn’t raise a hamster, so a child might be reaching high for you.” Deb tells him.

 

“If you don’t, I’ll sell your house out from under you.” He threatens.

 

“Fucking do it then, Michael. I’ll move in with my adopted sons. The ones who don’t threaten me to get what they want.” She yells at him.

 

“You need to learn to respect your mother.” I tell him.

 

“You need to stay the fuck out of it. If she wasn’t always feeding strays like you, I wouldn’t have had to pay her mortgage. Instead I own a crappy house I don’t want. She owes me.” He tells us.

 

“You know, if you weren’t such a shithead, you would realize you owe her for not doing the world a favor and fucking aborting you. What kind of asshole kicks his mother out of her home? Nevermind answering that, apparently I’m looking at one. Take your ass out of here before I get the bear behind you to help me drop kick you into oncoming traffic.” I know it’s none of my business, but shit, who acts like this? I smile at the guy in leather behind Michael.

 

“I’m going, but Ben and I are going to move your shit to the lawn today, Ma. Should have thought of that before you let the twink open his mouth.” The asshole tells her.

 

“Dad, we have to help her.” Jackson tells me.

 

“Is he talking out his ass or is he telling the truth?” I ask her.

 

“I signed the house over to him when my brother was sick. I wanted it out of Vic’s name, so the state couldn’t use the house to pay Vic’s bills.” She tells me.

 

“Do you think he is really going to kick you out?” Jackson leads such a sheltered life.

 

“He and his husband will probably have the locks changed before I get home.” She is trying to put on a brave face for Jackson. That does it, we’re taking her home with us. Hopefully we can get this straightened out for her. I need to call Natalie, she will enjoy fucking with Michael.

 

“Why not come home with us tonight? I have a large country house about thirty minutes out. Jackson and I would love the company.” I tell her.

 

“You might as well tell him yes Red. Dad will just drag you to the car. Plus you can answer my questions about my other Dad.” Jackson pleads with her.

 

“If you’re sure. It might be nice to have two handsome men to talk to.” She smiles at Jackson.

 

We get up to leave and I want to destroy the asshole. And you know what, I want to make Gus’s mother the next in line for her shit too. 

 

“Dad, you owe me eight bucks for all the colorful language.” Jackson smirks.

 

Thank God he can’t read my mind, he’d probably be able to finance his college with my thoughts alone.