- Text Size +

MICHAEL

 

I saw everyone leave Brian’s loft and figured I'd see if Brian was alone. I know he said he doesn't want me around, but I won't let him throw me out like garbage. I've always been there for him, it’s time he remembers. I took care of getting rid of his tricks for him, I let him stay at my house so his old man couldn't beat the shit out of him, I was the one who drove him home when he was done fucking half of Pittsburgh. And did I complain that he wouldn’t fuck me, no I didn’t. Brian needs to remember who was really his friend all these years, it sure wasn’t Emmett or Ted.

 

“Hey, you need to leave and stop bothering everyone.” It’s the bitch from upstairs.

 

“Look, just get Brian, I need to see him.” I tell her.

 

“I just called him and he told me to call the police and have you removed.” She tells me.

 

“Don’t fucking lie. Brian is my best friend and I know he wouldn’t say that.” I tell her. Brian isn’t going to ignore me. He owes me and it’s time to pay up.

 

“I guess it’s the cops then. I was trying to be nice enough to let you leave on your own.” I want to slap the bitch.

 

“Fuck it. When Brian and I talk, I’ll make sure to mention this to him.” I tell her.

 

I walk away while she watches. I’m so pissed that I want to run back and tell her to mind her own fucking business. I just don’t want to have to call Ben to get me out of jail if she was serious. Maybe I should go to the campus and ruin Ben’s night, but I don’t feel like dealing with him. I started walking towards my house, I turn back when I hear someone who sounds familiar. When I turn around I see Lindsay standing outside the building. Wonder what she’s doing out here tonight? I walk closer to hear what’s going on.

 

“I came here to see my son. If you could just get Brian to answer me.” Lindsay’s all manners.

 

“Like I told the last guy, he left a while ago and I don’t keep his personal schedule on me. Call him, it’s the only way to find out.” She is so nice to Lindsay.

 

“If you see him, will you tell him to call me?” Lindsay asks her.

 

“I probably won’t, since I was trying to go to bed. I really wish you and that other guy would stop ringing my buzzer.” The woman turns around and enters the building.

 

“Still trying to get Brian to finance your life?” I say to her.

 

“No more than you are.” Lindsay tells me.

 

“You know if we worked together, it would have been easier.” I tell her.

 

“Michael, we both want the same thing, I’m not going to share him with you like a timeshare.” Lindsay tells me.

 

“He isn’t going to become straight Lindsay.” I tell her.

 

“That’s what you think Michael. At least I can say he fucked me.” She tells me.

 

We both look at each other and start laughing.

 

“Want to get some coffee? I miss hanging out together.” She tells me.

 

“Why not, Ben’s probably fucking one of his students, so I’m free.” I tell her.

 

“Better than some underage groupie.” Lindsay tells me.

 

We go to a coffee shop near the campus to catch up. Lindsay told me about the artist she was trying to convince to come to her house, and how Brian ruined her plans by not letting her spend time with Gus.

 

“Brian needs to remember that you were nice enough to let Gus stay with him. I mean if you wanted you could have told the court about the tricking and drugs.” I tell her. Brian needs to remember that Lindsay is Gus’s mom.

 

“It’s because of Mel. She’s still mad about Sam, so she was making it sound like I’m a bad mother.” Lindsay tells me.

 

“I told Mel I was going to sue for custody of JR.” I tell her.

 

“Are you going to?” Lindsay asks.

 

“I don’t really want to actually. I like spending time with JR but I don’t want to have to do it full time. Ben wants me to.” I tell her.

 

“What’s your lawyer say?” Lindsay asks me.

 

“Well that’s the thing, Ben thinks I’ve been using the money on a lawyer but I just use it to buy things. I just had to act like I was really suing Mel. I even told Ma she has to testify for me or I’d kick her out of her house. I kicked her out today, mostly because she let some asshole at the diner say shit to me.” I tell her.

 

“Michael, they are going to figure out you’ve been lying, then what?” Lindsay asks me.

 

I’ll just tell them I didn’t want to hurt Ben because Mel would bring up the HIV.” I tell her.

 

LINDSAY

 

I put up with this idiot because he can normally get information. I wanted to know where Brian was tonight and I find out Michael doesn’t know either. Jesus, he tells a lawyer he is suing her for custody and then probably used the money to buy some stupid toy. I almost wanted to roll my eyes and tell him Ben most likely fucked other men to keep his IQ points from dropping any lower, since Michael probably kills any intelligent brain cells that come near him.

 

I should have tried to stay friends with Emmett. He would at least know what was going on. I should have figured it out when I was able to lie about the custody hearing and dimwit believed every word. I need him to make up with Deb. She is still in the group and if Michael hadn’t shit all over her, we would at least know what’s going on.

 

“Michael, call Deb and tell her you're stressed that Mel is being impossible and didn’t mean to hurt her.” I hope he listens.

 

“I would but I yelled at her in the diner and this twink got people to kick me out. I can’t believe my mother is still feeding the losers who come into the diner.” Michael tells me.

 

“You know your mother can’t let someone go hungry. She cares about people and you need to apologize to her for being rude.” I tell him. I would rather throw coffee in his face, but I just smile.

 

“Ben told me that too. I guess I’ll call her and tell her not to worry about me. I have real friends who will make sure the judge hears the truth.” Michael tells me. We get up to leave and I’m glad, since I wanted to tell him only an idiot would keep the pretend custody case in everyone’s mind.

 

I get in my car and drive off before he asks for a ride. Michael can’t seem to understand that Mel will expect his lawyer to send paperwork eventually. It may be time to cut the apron strings. Michael will do anything you tell him, the problems happen when he tries to think on his own. I almost wanted to ask Brian how he could claim Michael was a friend. Maybe I should call Deb and offer to help her, then I wouldn’t need Michael anymore.

 

JUSTIN

 

I let Jackson take Brian and Gus swimming in the indoor pool. I wanted to give them time together, without making Brian think I was supervising everything. Ted and Blake went home, but Emmett wanted to stay.

 

“It’s really nice to meet you. I remember you and Brian taking off that night.” Emmett tells me.

 

“It’s kind of strange though. I met Lindsay, Ted, Deb, and Gus all in one day. I saw Brian my first time on Liberty Avenue in eight years. I really thought Jackson wasn’t going to meet Brian, because I didn’t know his last name.” I tell Emmett.

 

“Brian changed from club boy to father. I mean, he still tricks, but only when Gus isn’t home. Maybe you guys could try again.” Emmett tells me.

 

“You know the girl you hear about, the one that gets pregnant the first time they have sex. That’s me. It’s also the last time. No one wants to date a guy with a baby that has to go on a date. I did go out with one guy, but all I did was worry about Jackson and in the end he told me he didn’t do baggage. I think it was not wanting to bring people in and out of my child's life. Maybe now that Brian wants to spend time with Jackson, I can do the things I was afraid to do.” I tell Emmett.

 

“Baby, you call and we’ll paint the town together.” Emmett tells me.

 

“When I have a schedule set up with Brian, I’ll take you up on that. You're always welcome to come here though.” I tell him. I want us to be friends, Nat and Daphne are going to love Emmett.

 

BRIAN

 

The boys wanted to go play the video games again, so I figured I could talk to Justin about sharing Jackson. I hear him talking to Emmett and find out that not only did I leave him pregnant, but he never had a social life. Part of me wants to cheer, but the other part wonders how he didn’t go crazy, eight years and no sex. Emmett needs to not encourage Justin to go out and go crazy. If Justin needs sex, he can come to me. He was a natural that night.

 

Maybe Gus and I need to stay here a little longer, to keep Emmett from giving Justin any ideas. I don’t want my kid’s father going out on dates. We could go out if Justin wants to date. It would be fun to take the boys out together, maybe take a vacation together. I know, I could just marry him, then I could turn into a lesbian and beg him to tell me he loves me. Shit, where the hell was my head a minute ago.

 

Although, I could at least offer to be his outlet for sex. Gus and I staying here would keep Lindsay and Michael away from everyone.

 

“You know, you could just tell Justin that you would like to at least get to know each other. Then see where it goes from there.” How did Deb get behind me?

 

“I’ll admit he’s still hot, but we were a one night stand.” I tell her.

 

“Now you’re parents to the same child. Brian you haven’t cared about your reputation in years, maybe it’s time to try a relationship. I’m going to bed. Think about it.” Deb, the matchmaker, tells me. What do you do on a date? I guess I could always ask Ted.