- Text Size +

 

 

LINDSAY

 

I was standing outside the diner. It's a place I stopped going to when Mel and I separated. No one stopped me from coming here, they just ignored me when they saw me. The lines were drawn and I wasn't welcome in the circle. 

 

Everyone was on Mel's side, and no matter how I tried to explain my side, it was as if I had become invisible. Deb, who usually let us fight and only offered advice, well, even she became silent. I knew if Mel and I broke up, people were going to pick a side, but I never expected it would be Mel’s.

 

I open the door and paste on a smile. Deb looks up and stops herself before she yells a greeting. I just decided to do my best to get back in her good graces. Walking to the counter I sit down right in front of her.

 

“Deb, I know we haven’t been on the best of terms, but I wanted you to know I heard what Michael did. I’m here to offer any help if you need it.” I tell her.

 

“Did you want to order?” She asks me.

 

“Did you hear what I said?” I ask her. 

 

“Yes. But the only thing I’m interested in you saying is that your order is to go.” Deb tells me.

 

“Deb, don’t be like this, I’m trying to help you. You could at least meet me halfway.” I tell her.

 

“I’ll send Kiki over to take your order. Lindsay, if you think you could treat one of us badly and we would run to you for help, then I gave you too much credit for intelligence. If you're only here to offer unwanted help, then maybe you could clear out so people who pay to eat here can use that stool.” Deb says before she walks away.

 

I was trying to be friendly and this is the way she treats me. She needs to realize most people wouldn’t offer to take a loud overbearing woman in. I get up and leave. I don’t want to eat in this shit hole.

 

MICHAEL 

 

Brian doesn’t understand. We were supposed to be there for each other. I have always protected him from people trying to use him. I'll just have to help him whether he wants it or not. I thought about talking to Ben or Monty about this Cole or Justin, whatever the fuck the guy’s name is, but it’s not worth the hassle of Ben being a dick and Monty trying to get an introduction for his kids. 

 

I see Lindsay walking out of the diner and know she would help me. I flag her down, and at first she seems to ignore me.

 

“Lindsay, you won’t believe what happened at Gus’s school. The writer Cole Taylor was there, and I was trying to get him to autograph my book.” Lindsay interrupts me.

 

“Michael, I really need to get going, maybe we could talk some other time.” She tells me.

 

“The writer has a kid and the kid is telling everyone Brian is his dad. Gus even said the same thing. I went to tell Brian and he acted like I was bothering him.” I hurry and get it all out so she’ll listen.

 

“I think I would know if Brian had any children other than Gus. Unless it’s from a one night stand. He better not have knocked up some trick.” Lindsay tell me.

 

“If it’s true, then the guy had to have had the kid around the time you had Gus.” I tell her.

 

“Michael, maybe you misunderstood.” Lindsay tells me. She acts like I’m telling stories.

 

“No. Gus said that this kid, Jax or Jackson was Brian’s with Cole. But then he called the guy Justin. When I told Brian, he told me to stay away from his children, both of them.” I tell her.

 

“Are they still at the school?” Lindsay asks me.

 

“If Gus is still at practice they are. I was told not to come back to the school, otherwise I would go with you.” I tell her.

 

Lindsay tells me she is going to see if she can find out who the new kid is. I told her they couldn’t kick her out since Gus is her son. 

 

JUSTIN

 

The coach wanted to have a team meeting before they left. With all the stuff going on he didn’t make them practice the whole hour. I was sitting at the table with Jackson, I told the parents if their kids wanted to come by before I left, I’d sign a copy of the book. 

 

The older boy who helped with the cooler came over and asked if he could talk to me. 

 

“Sure. Is it about the book?” I ask him.

 

“No, I wanted to talk to you, but I wasn’t sure if you would talk to me.” He tells me.

 

“Is there something you need from me?” I had no idea why he thought I wouldn’t talk to him.

 

“My name is Alex, and I think you're my brother.” He tells me. 

 

“Who’s your father?” I asked. This could be bad.

 

“Craig Taylor. I’m not here to make trouble. I just wanted to talk.” Alex tells me.

 

“Craig won’t be happy if you do.” I tell him.

 

“He isn’t happy anyway, so it doesn’t make any difference. I guess I wanted to know why you and he don’t talk to each other anymore?” Alex asks me.

 

“He doesn’t want me in his life. Alex, it’s because I’m gay and I got pregnant with Jackson. I wish it was different, but he isn’t going to change his mind.” I tell him.

 

“I would like to know you. My mom wouldn’t care.” Alex tells me.

 

“I don’t want you to get in trouble. He’s going to think I can make you gay.” I tell him.

 

“I like girls, boys don’t do anything for me. You can’t change that by being my friend, or if you want, my brother.” Alex tells me.

 

“Just don’t get in trouble because of me. I don’t want you to have to see that side of Craig.” I want to know Alex, but I also don’t want Craig being his usual asshole self.

 

“I think my mom is going to divorce him. He was great until they got married, then he started acting like we needed to get his approval for everything. My mom can take care of us, so she isn’t going to be hurt if she leaves him.” Alex tells me.

 

“Tell her if she needs help to call me. Do you want Jackson to know you’re his uncle?” I ask him.

 

“It’s weird, we’re almost the same age. It would be cool though.” Alex tells me.

 

I introduce my son to my brother. Can this day get any weirder? They sit and talk together while the coach finishes up. Gus comes running over to see why Alex is talking to Jackson.

 

“Alex is my half brother. We have the same dad.” I tell him.

 

“Like Jackson and me?” He asks.

 

“Yes, but my father doesn’t want anything to do with me.” I tell him.

 

“You don’t need him. Dad and I can be your family.” Gus tells me. I hug him because that made my day.

 

We get ready to leave, and I promise Alex I’ll come to his practices. He told me he would get his mom to come so she could meet me. I hope this goes well. The boys grab my bag and I get the cooler and let the coach know I can bring it when I come to see Alex and Gus play. 

 

I was walking towards my car. The boy’s had already made it to the car when I see Lindsay walking up. She turns and sees me and smiles. I don't want her to see the boys, so I stand there and wait for her. 

 

“JJ, it’s nice to see you again.” She tells me.

 

“Hello Lindsay.” I am not going to say anything.

 

“Does your son go to school here?” She asks me.

 

“No. I was here to see my brother practice.” Thank you Alex.

 

“Were you here when the writer Cole Taylor was here?” She asks me.

 

“Is there some reason you want to know?” I ask her.

 

“I just heard he had a son, and since my son goes here I thought maybe I could introduce them.” Lindsay is good, but being a WASP, it's as easy as breathing to pretend. Guess Michael opened his mouth.

 

“I couldn’t tell you. Excuse me but I have to go, my son needs to get his homework done.” I tell her, but she isn’t looking at me, but behind me. Please don’t let the boys be there.

 

“Brian, I was just telling JJ about Cole Taylor. Did you know the writer has a son?” She smiles, but you can see the glare in her eyes.

 

“Justin, you ready to go?” Brian ignores her.

 

“Brian, aren’t you going to tell me about your new son?” She sneers.

 

“Everyone is waiting in the car, you want me to follow you?” Brian asks me.

 

“Did you really think I wouldn’t find out about you knocking up a trick?” Lindsay is getting louder.

 

I turn to walk to the car. She can bitch to thin air. Brian grabs the cooler from me and puts it on the ground. He grabs my face and starts licking my lips open. It’s been a long time for me and I want to savor it. I reach my arms up and start running my hands through his hair. I feel him slowly slide his hands down my arms and around my back. Man, I need to feel him, so I start rubbing myself all over him. He cups my ass and I want to grind against him until we cum together. Is he moaning? I feel his hands slide into my shirt and I start to pull his shirt, I want to feel his skin.

 

“What the fuck are you doing Brian?” Where the hell did that screeching voice come from?

 

“Get to your car and take the boys home. I’ll handle the screaming banshee behind you.” He whispers into my ear. I want to say 'fuck it, don't stop'. It took a second for me to remember where I was. Oh yeah, Lindsay.

 

BRIAN

 

I saw Lindsay talking to Justin and was thankful the kids were at the car. Last thing I want is for Jackson to meet Lindsay. I told them to get in the car and stay there, I’d get Justin. Lindsay didn’t wait two seconds to start laying into me about having another child. I ignore every word, because I learned not to try to battle with her, it only encourages her.

 

Justin was about to walk by and I wanted Lindsay to know he was important to me. I was going to just kiss him, but Justin had other plans. I need to get him naked, it’s like his body just knows what to do. I was just about to cum like virgin, when Broomhilda interrupts. I watch Justin come out from his daze. I want him to get the boys out of here. Justin stands there then turns to Lindsay.

 

“You know, I had this whole speech about being a mother means your kid comes first, but truthfully, I’d be wasting oxygen talking to you. Later.” The little shit smiles at her. Reaches up to give me one last peck and tells me not to waste time on Lindsay.

 

“JJ, we need to talk. Brian is a whore who will treat you like garbage. He isn’t going to settle down.” Lindsay tells him.

 

“Is it that he won’t settle down, or is it that he wouldn’t, with you?” Justin asks her, but leaves without giving her a chance to respond.

 

“You know, Michael came to me today and told me I could have a deranged guy after my money and using my son to get it. I just realized he should have said you instead. That is my thought of the day, so anything else will have to wait until Hell freezes over. Bye bye now.” I leave a sputtering Lindsay standing there.

 

I really need to get Justin alone. 

 

JUSTIN

 

Ever had to drive with a hard on and two young boys asking what Brian was doing to me? I have.

 

I think that we need to get the boys to bed. I have eight years to catch up on and Brian better not expect to sleep at all.