- Text Size +

JUSTIN 

 

After leaving Babylon, I told Brian we needed to eat. Brian asked how I could still be hungry. 

 

“We ate hours ago, and if you want any of this ass, you’ll feed me.” I told him.

 

“Brian, you don't get between Justin and food. When we were growing up, I always brought extra food because Justin would pout if I didn't feed him. My mom once said Justin only liked holidays because he could eat the leftovers at both houses.” Daphne tells him. 

 

“Your mother used spices, that’s why I wanted her food. My mom wouldn’t put a touch of salt and pepper in most stuff, probably because the sperm donor didn’t want anything that tasted good.” Justin tells her. 

 

“Your mom is a great cook, you just liked stuffing your face.” Daphne tells me. 

 

“Well, you suck at cooking. I remember having to get your mom to send us care packages when we lived in New Hampshire.” I stick my tongue out at her.

 

“Remember when you ate tuna for the first month you were pregnant. Justin ate so much, the doctor had to order him to stop. Justin tried to convince the doctor he had to have it, the doctor stopped trying to get him to listen and told me mercury is bad. I had to throw it out, because Mr Taylor kept sneaking into the kitchen in the middle of the night. Like I couldn’t hear the can opener.” She tells us. 

 

“Is that why you didn't have any tuna when I was looking for it?” Emmett asks me. 

 

“Yeah.” I tell him. “Tuna sounds kind of good right now. Man, and some cole slaw, maybe a milkshake, and onion rings with chili and cheese.”

 

“Um Justin, might want to save some food for the starving children in Africa.” Natalie tells me. I ordered and told them I’d send a check to the kids in Africa.

 

“So how long are you in town for?” Emmett asks the girls.

 

“I can stay until Tuesday, but I have to get back to the hospital. My residency is almost through thank God, then I just have to decide on a hospital.” Daphne tells us.

 

“We have hospitals here.” Emmett tells her.

 

“It might be a possibility, Stuart can work from anywhere. It would be easier on him and Justin to be in the same state.” Daphne tells a clapping Emmett.

 

“I can stay until Justin kicks my ass out.” Natalie tells us.

 

“You can stay at the loft, Justin and I have too many guests as it is.” Brian tells them.

 

“I need to get started on Gus and Jackson’s room. We need to make sure Gus doesn’t want his own room.” I tell Brian. I grabbed a tomato from his salad and dunked it in my gravy. 

 

“We should stop by the loft and pack up some more clothes and Gus’s toys.” Brian tells me.

 

“We could stay there tonight and pack most of the stuff. Emmett could come by with my SUV in the morning.” I tell Brian.

 

“I can get Cynthia to arrange the movers for Monday.” Brian tells me. I took his salad and finished it. I was looking at Daphne’s burger, she slid it to me.

 

“You want to use the other room downstairs for an office?” I ask him.

 

“We can both use yours, no sense in using two rooms and setting up another connection.” Brian tells me. We watch as Daphne and Natalie hand Emmett money. 

 

“You couldn’t wait two more days.” Daphne glares at me.

 

“For what?” I ask her.

 

“To move the baby daddy in.” Daphne tells me.

 

Wow, I didn’t even realize that we were doing that. Guess Brian’s moving in. I shrug at her and try to steal some of Natalie’s fries. Brian grabs my hand and tells everyone he’s taking the garbage disposal home. I wanted to ask if we could take some lemon bars to go. We were walking out when I hear Daphne say, “I hate Justin, he can eat like a pig and never get fat. With my luck if I ever have kids I’ll gain fifty pounds in my ass, unlike Mr ‘I only gained ten pounds being pregnant’.”

 

MICHAEL

 

I sat outside the diner and watched everyone, I wanted to go in there and ask if they enjoyed ruining my life. I got out of Babylon before Monty caught up to me. I need to get out of town for a while, hopefully this will all die down and I can come back. I call a number, and hope he still wants me to visit for a while. 

 

“Hey David, I wanted to come see you. Maybe it’s time we talked.” I tell him.

 

“You understand that if I send you a ticket, you need to leave Pittsburgh out of our lives.” David tells me.

 

I agree and tell him I can be on a plane on Sunday. David and I stayed in contact, I always made sure he would be available. I like the fact that David wants me to stay home and take care of Hank. I want to give Brian a chance to miss me, then I’ll be back. I should have just convinced David to move back here. 

 

BRIAN

 

I woke up to Justin groaning and holding his hand over his mouth.

 

“If you hadn’t eaten all that crap last night, you wouldn’t be getting sick.” I tell him.

 

“I don’t have time to get sick, I have a book signing this week and a show next week. I have to get the layout for Stuart done in between, and we have to find a billion potatoes so the boys can light up the fucking lamp.” Justin tells me. He lays back down and is asleep again. 

 

I get up and start packing some of Gus’s things. I let lazy twat sleep. I was looking through my calendar to see if I could squeeze in the art show and book signing. It might work if I call and change my check up to next month. 

 

“Justin, I can change my yearly exam if you want me to go to your book signing.” I yell at him.

 

“You can come, but it’s just a lot of sitting around and talking to fans.” Justin yells back.

 

“You want me to see if my doctor can fit you in for your checkup?” I ask him.

 

“I don’t normally go unless something’s wrong.” Justin tells me.

 

“I’ll get him to fit you in, hopefully we can do it on the same day. Always get a checkup every year. You also need to get screenings every six months.” I tell him.

 

“Why? Other than allergies, nothing is wrong.” Justin tells me.

 

“Because you’re having sex.” I tell him.

 

“Let’s see, it was you, and eight years later, it was you. Not a lot going on in my world.” I tell him.

 

“I haven’t been as active as usual, but there have been a few guys since my last appointment.” I tell him.

 

“If you want to go, we’ll go.” Justin tells me.

 

“I don’t want to, but we need to. I can’t promise I won’t be with other men, but I don’t want to.” I tell him.

 

“I don’t know if I can promise you either, I want to too. I just think if we are honest, we won’t fall into the trap of sneaking around like other people do.” Justin tells me. I sat and thought about other guys getting to touch Justin, not fucking happening.

 

“We could at least try it. If we decide to we want to change it, we tell each other.” I tell him.

 

“Promise that no one comes to our house. If we are out, that’s different.” Justin tells me.

 

“That’s easy to promise you. I don’t know if I want to share you.” I admit to him.

 

“Then don’t, but don’t put that kind of pressure on yourself. If you fall off the wagon, tell me and we’ll work on it.” Justin tells me.

 

“Are we done being lesbians?” I smirk at him.

 

“Yeah, want to get some breakfast? I’m feeling better.” Justin tells me. I’m glad Justin doesn’t gain weight with the way he eats. 

 

I was grabbing my shaving kit and toothbrush out of the bathroom and think Justin and I should try the shower soon. I got a box of condoms out of my medicine cabinet and loaded everything into my bags. Looking at the shower I keep feeling like I forgot something. I’ll think of it later.

 

Emmett, Ted, and Blake are waiting for us. I look and see that Michael crawled his ass into the diner. I steer Justin toward the guys and ignore the idiot at the counter. Ted looked at me and rolled his eyes. Michael was trying to get someone to serve him, Kiki and crew walked around him. Deb brought him a to go box and slapped it in front of him. Hope she spit in it.

 

“Michael, take this and savor it, don’t come back here until you can grovel. You shit all over Liberty Avenue, and Liberty Avenue decided you can find a new street.” Kiki tells him. Deb stays silent, I know this is hurting her. No matter what my former friend did, he’s still her son. 

 

Michael stands up and starts towards the door. I want him to keep going, no one wants to hear what his limited brains cells want to spit out. He turns and walks towards us. Kiki stands in front of him, blocking his path. Michael stops.

 

“I just wanted to say, we were supposed to be family, and instead of sticking by me, you stabbed me in the back. Brian, wait until you do something that Ted and Emmett don’t like, and your twink sics his friends on you, then you’ll realize who your true friend was. All of you made fun of Brian and treated him like dirt. But Brian, instead of remembering who was there for you, you chose the guys who didn’t even really like you. They only stayed around you because I made them. Think about that and if you get your head out of your fucktoy’s ass, call me, I’ll be there for you.” Michael tells me. He stands there like I’m going to suddenly run to him.

 

“I remember all the things you did Michael. But you know, having to take care of your needy ass for the last decade probably makes up for the rides you gave me home. If I call, it will be so I can listen to you tell me I owe you for keeping me from having a life. I think I’ll take a pass. Bye bye now.” I tell him. I grab Justin and start eating his mouth. I hear the door open and close and hope Michael moves to the Arctic.