- Text Size +

BRIAN

 

Blake was just taken into delivery and we were told it would be a hour or longer. Justin was on his way, he dropped the boys off at school first. Poor Ted is a basket case, he keeps saying they weren’t ready for two babies. I looked at him and told him no one is ready for even one. With all the bitching Blake was doing, Ted didn’t even try to get started on the baby room. I called the mom brigade to save Ted. Emmett, Jen, Anne and Deb are running all over town with my credit card, so the room will be finished before they come home. I asked Jen and Anne to keep the babies from being overwhelmed by the ‘color duo’. As much as I love Deb and Emmett, no baby could handle their decorating choices. I told them to pay the extra to have the items set up, I don’t trust Emmett to put a bed together.

 

Justin comes, or should I say waddles, in. I can get away with the fat jokes, mostly because Justin is all baby.

 

“How’s Ted with blood?” Justin asks me.

 

“It makes him a little light headed, why?” I ask him.

 

“Because when they perform the C-section, there is going to be bleeding.” Justin tells me.

 

“I hope they have a bed to put Ted in.” I tell Justin. 

 

A nurse comes out and asks if either of us would like to be there with Blake. Ted didn’t just get light headed, he took a header right to the floor and is getting stitches. Justin tells her he’ll go in with Blake. Justin kisses me and follows the nurse. I almost asked if they had tuna in the delivery room, but I wanted to sleep at home tonight. I got up to get some coffee, my phone rings and I answered without looking to see who it is, I figured Cynthia wanted an update. 

 

“Hey Cynthia, Ted did a header to the floor, but no babies yet. The nurse let Justin waddle his way into delivery to help Blake.” I tell her.

 

“Brian, it’s Michael. You finally answered. Can you believe we haven't talked in seven months? So Ted got duped into supporting Blake. I hope he made sure to tell...” Michael tells me. I interrupt what I'm sure is going to be a long winded conversation I don't care about.

 

“As much as your opinion means to Ted or me, I have to go wash my hair, and there is that tiny spot on my car that will probably take hours for me to buff out. Why don't you talk to David, I'm sure by now he either remembered why he kicked you out the last time or he’s wandering around the baths trying to forget he fell for it again.” I tell him. 

 

“Brian, I was trying to check on my best friend. I heard that the twink…” I hung up. My phone starts ringing again, I hit ignore. It’s easy, you just hit this button and all annoying people end up in voicemail. I call Cynthia. 

 

“Hey boss, I'll be there in a couple minutes. Give Ted a wet sloppy one for me.” Cynthia jokes.

 

“Yeah. Not ever happening, can you find out how to block calls to my cell or forward them to Zimbabwe?” I ask her. 

 

“How did Michael get your new number?” Cynthia asks me. Notice she didn't have to ask who.

 

“Good question, maybe Emmett will be able to answer that, before I kill him.” I tell her. I see Emmett running in, on his phone.

 

“No Michael, I will not get Brian on the phone. Why? Because I would rather live to see if Simon will be the one. Like I give a shit. We stopped talking when you became too good for me. How the hell did you even get my number? Well then, send whoever sent it to you my everlasting thanks for hating me. Bye and lose this number.” Emmett tells him. Emmett hangs up shaking his head.

 

“Cynthia is on her way, she’s going to block Michael from my phone, she can do yours next.” I tell him. 

 

“Who would give him our new numbers? He said someone sent it to him in an email.” Emmett asks me. 

 

“I answered mine thinking it was Cynthia. Should have checked first.” I tell him. 

 

“I thought maybe he was calling to congratulate Ted. Call me optimistic.” Emmett tells me. 

 

“How about delusional?” I ask him. 

 

Justin comes out, he is eating a cookie. This is what happens when you look sweet and innocent, people want to take care of you. I pray our daughter looks just like him.

 

“Hey, the doctor is checking one more time before they get the babies, just wanted to let everyone know.” Justin tells us.

 

 My phone rings again. I was giggling, as I hit ignore again. Emmett’s phone rings.

 

“I swear to God if I ever figure out who sent that email to Michael, I’ll strangle them.” Emmett tells us.

 

“What’s going on?” Justin asks.

 

“Michael got our phone numbers and thinks we want to talk to him. Apparently someone sent them to him.” Emmett tells Justin.

 

“Why would someone do that? Did he say who sent it?” Justin asks us.

 

“No, I don't even think he knows who sent it.” Emmett tells Justin.

 

“Guess it’s just a mystery. I have to get back in. If you see Ted, tell him Blake would love him to be there for the birth. Could one of you stop worrying about Michael long enough to check on Dad.” Justin giggles as he walks off. I watch him and think no, he wouldn’t do that.

 

JUSTIN

 

I walk away from my tuna tormentors. If they don’t think I know Emmett told, they both need their heads examined. Was it mean to give Michael their numbers? Yes, it was. Am I enjoying the fact that they’re both going to be hit with nine hundred phone calls? Yes I am. Maybe they’ll both think before they gang up on me again. 

 

I waddle my ass back to the room. Blake is on the good drugs, I need to tell him Mission Michael was accomplished. What? We pregnant men have to stick together. Between Brian, Emmett, and Ted, Blake and I couldn’t get away with anything. Ted actually searched me when I visited, and Brian searched and sniffed Blake when he came over. Blake wasn’t even allowed one HoHo. I told Ted, if he ever got pregnant, Blake and I were going to hide his Opera collection and see how he liked it. I told Anne about Emmett and Simon and she told me she would have been disappointed if they hadn’t tried. That was not the answer I wanted. Unfortunately, no one wanted to mess with Brian, so I did the one thing that would annoy them the most. I emailed Captain Astro and gave him their numbers. Blake and I giggled as we hit send. They should have learned by now, if I want to get you back it’s never obvious. 

 

Blake looks to see me coming back in. “Brian or Emmett will see where Ted is. Guess who’s calling them?” I ask him.

 

“He didn’t waste any time, we just sent the email.” Blake tells me.

 

“Ted shouldn’t have left his laptop in the room with us earlier.” I tell him.

 

“I still think you should have let me put Ted’s number in there.” Blake tells me.

 

“I thought we should let him off easier. He did confess to us that Emmett told on us. Brian must really think I believed the crap about the studio smelling. Well, I did, but only because he almost caught me.” I tell Blake.

 

“Okay Blake, I called down and Ted is going to be wheeled up here. Do you want to wait for him?” My favorite nurse asks him. (She gave me cookies)

 

“If I have to give birth, he needs to be here.” Blake tells her. 

 

“You know, since men started having babies, I found that you’re more demanding than women. Probably because we numb your bodies. Unlike women, you guys get to lay there pain free. I really want to have a sit down with the guy upstairs and ask how that’s fair.” She tells us.

 

“I think it’s because if we went through the pain you women do, we’d all find ways to kill the fathers. He probably wanted a way to keep us out of prison.” I tell her. Yeah I’m kissing up to her. If she ends up being my delivery nurse, I want lots of cookies. 

 

The doctor comes back in, with Ted. I guess I get to go back out to the guys.

 

TED

 

Man, I can’t believe I passed out. They weren’t even doing anything with blood. I was watching them insert the needle into Blake’s back for the epidural. I was cringing as they had to try a couple time to get it in and that’s the last thing I remember. The doctor came and got me and told me to stay at Blake’s head, I didn’t need to see the rest if the needle caused me to get stitches.

 

I held his hand and waited to see the kids. Blake wanted to talk about the names. We still haven’t decided.

 

“Ted, we need names.” Blake tells me.

 

“We don’t even know if it’s boys or girls or both.” I tell him.

 

“Both.” He tells me.

 

“I thought you said we were going to wait?” I’m kind of offended, he was all ‘I want to be surprised’.

 

“Are we going to argue about that now, or can we save it when they aren’t cutting into MY BODY?” Blake tells me. That last part was almost demonic. I’ll just be happy, yeah definitely happy.

 

“I know it’s nerdy of me to ask but can we name the boy Luciano, we can shorten it to Luke.” I really want that name.

 

“Ted, I already knew we were going to name the boy Luciano, it’s the girl we need a name for.” Blake smiles at me. I think I love him more at this moment.

 

“Lily?” I ask him.

 

“No, I want something Italian to go with Luciano, I want to be able to make her name special too.” Blake tells me.

 

“Renata is another Opera singer.” I tell him.

 

“Are you two ready to meet the children with the big names?” The nurse asks us. I look over and see the doctor had one of the babies in his hands. The doctor cleared the air passage and the baby started screaming.

 

“This young man has quite a set of lungs.” The doctor hands the baby to the nurse. 

 

Minutes later my daughter is out and letting us know she might have a future as a singer too. The nurses brought them over to us, and in that moment I got what love at first sight is. I kiss the man I’m going to marry one day.