- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

Brian thought taking Brandon out to Babylon was a mistake. Not only did the man’s husband just die, but it would be exposing Brian’s secret. Although, he had to agree, Brandon being there under the same roof as Patrick was a terrible idea.

Brandon was waiting for him when he pulled up. Looking at him, it wasn’t hard to see what Ardan saw in him. There was still a little weight around his stomach from the pregnancy. But his ass was perfect, even under the size too big for him jeans. Brian shook the image out of his head. This was his brother’s husband.

“Hi,” Brandon said as he slid into Brian’s ‘Vette.

“I’m surprised you’re ready. That excited to go out tonight?”

Brandon snorted. “No, Debbie said that if I came back inside she would hit me with the broom.”

“That would make me run too.”

“I’m excited to see your club though. Debbie told me you run it with Michael.” Justin had only met Michael once, the night of the party. Michael had been late and only stayed a few minutes. After he left, everyone made fun of him for being smitten with his new beau.

“Yeah, it was something to get his mind off of his breakup with his ex.”

“What happened between them?” Justin was always curious about things that were none of his business.

“Why do you care?”

“Just wondering,” he said, embarrassed.

Brian pulled out of the driveway, heading back into the city. He didn’t know why the question Brandon asked bugged him. Well, that wasn’t true he did know. He still felt guilty because of the whole thing. He never liked David, that was no secret. But when he told Michael about seeing him with another guy, he felt like he was being overly cruel. David cheating had surprised even him. He had seemed like he was infatuated with Michael. But Brian had seen David with his own two eyes.

They were all in New York for the weekend, enjoying the nightlife. David had restated again; he wasn’t into the whole clubbing scene. So that left the rest of them, being just him, Michael and Emmett to go out. Ted was in Pittsburgh because his mother was sick.

Brian found a trick that he wanted to spend the night with, so he left Michael and Emmett together on the dance floor. They were just there to dance anyway since they were both in relationships. Brian could never see himself in one of those things. He saw what it did to his mother. Her heart wasn’t weak because of genetics. No, it had been the old man. He had cheated on her since the day they married, then he simply ignored her. There was no way he would do that to someone. It had surprised him when Ardan decided to settle down.

When Brian and the trick got back to the hotel, that was when he saw them. They were all sharing a three-bedroom suite. Brian had expected David to be sleeping. He hadn’t been though. As soon as Brian and the trick were in the suite, he could hear David moaning. Curiosity got the best of him. The door to Michael and David’s door was cracked open a sliver. Just inside he could see the back of a blonde head on his knees. David was sitting on the edge of the bed with his head thrown back. It didn’t take a genius to figure out what was going on.

He then sent his trick away, and went into his room to think. As soon as he heard Michael come in he told him what he saw. David played the wounded party but Michael knew Brian didn’t lie. He hated liars, he could never be with someone who lied to him. So he wouldn’t lie to anyone either.

David finally came out with the truth. He had gone out to get something to eat, but found a rent boy instead. Cheating Michael probably could have gotten over but not bringing a prostitute into their shared hotel room. That all had been five months ago, now in David’s place was Ben. Brian was still on the fence about the professor.

“Is it far?”

Brian had gotten so lost in his thoughts, he forgot Brandon was in the car.

“Not too far. Do you like to dance?”

“I used to love to dance, it’s been a while though. When I was real young my mother had me in tap. She loved those old movies. That’s really all I remember of her.”

“You tap?”

Justin blushed. “I had a natural talent my teacher said. After my mom died, my dad pulled me though. I miss it.”

“Wait a minute! You remember your childhood? You got your memory back?”

“Umm…bits and pieces.”

“Well, that’s something right? Maybe this is going to be good for you. How about more from your childhood? Ardan only told us very little. You were born in the states but raised in New Zealand, right?”

Out of the corner of his eye Brian saw Brandon flinch.

“That is right, isn’t it?” he asked again.

“Yeah, sorry, I’m still a little blank on that. I’d like to hear more about your club though.”

Brian went with the change of subject; it didn’t matter to him if Brandon didn’t want to talk about his childhood. Though it did seem weird since he had no trouble talking about his tap lessons and his father. But he wasn’t a doctor, he didn’t know how memory loss worked.

Justin couldn’t believe how cool Babylon was. The thumpa-thumpa of the music. The flashing strobe lights. It was all very hot. Well…that and the dancing half naked men. It had been so long since he had even touched another man. The last time, he was paid to do it. Okay, in truth the last several times. He didn’t do that very often because he was worried a john would get rough and hurt the baby.

The last john was a nice older gentleman who just wanted a blowjob. He took him to the fanciest hotel he’d ever seen. Up to the best suite. He had hoped that he would be allowed to spend the night. It was such a beautiful place. That didn’t happen though. The john had heard a noise, he said it was one of his friends. He gave Justin enough to live off of for a while. He was down to his last ten from that money when he got on that train.

“This place is so cool,” he told Brian.

“It’s okay. The revenue is nice but it could be better. We still have to compete with several other clubs. Popperz is our biggest competition.”

“Hello, gorgeous.”

Justin looked up to see one of Brian’s friends. If memory served, it was his friend Emmett.

“Emmett, right?” he asked the man. He was in pink leather pants and a fuchsia shirt. Justin didn’t even think he could do the man justice if he tried to paint him.

“That’s right, honey. I’m so glad Joan was able to do without you tonight. Wanna dance?”

Turning around, he looked for Brian to ask if it was alright. But then he saw that the man was gone.

“Where’d Brian go?”

“Probably to get a trick and hit the backroom.”

“What do you mean?”

“He’s probably getting his dick sucked by some Adonis by now,” Emmett said laughing.

“But Brian’s straight.”

“Oh, sugar, that boy is gay as they come. And he does come a lot.” Emmett laughed at his own joke.

“But, I thought…”

“That’s only because he’s afraid to tell his mother. His father basically disowned Ardan. He stayed in the closet because he wanted the company.”

“But his dad is dead.”

“Yes, but old habits die hard. Hopefully, once he meets Mr. Right he’ll finally be free.”

Justin couldn’t stop thinking about the sexy man after that. Brian was gay. But he was also Ardan’s twin brother. Everyone believed he was Ardan’s widower. Could his life get any worse?

“Would you like a drink?”

Justin turned around, he blinked his eyes to make sure he wasn’t seeing things.

“You’re Connor James.” God, I sound like an idiot.

“Yes, I am. And you are?”

Before he could stop and think, he just blurted out his real name. “Justin. Wow, it’s really you. I’ve seen almost every movie you’ve ever made.”

“Almost?”

“Yeah, the Delta Base movies really weren’t my style.”

“Mine either, but they did pay the bills. So you want that drink?”

“You’re gay?”

“Nope, straight.”

“Then why did you want to buy me a drink?”

“Fine, no drink. Let’s go back to my hotel room.” He was invading Justin’s personal space.

Now Justin really was confused. Why did he want him to go to his hotel if he was straight? Justin looked around to see if Brian or any of his friends were around. He didn’t see any of them.

“I think I’m going to pass,” he said, starting to move away from the guy. This is why you’re not supposed to meet your idols. Not that he was Justin’s idol, he just thought he was hot and watched some movies he was in.

“Brandon, there you are,” he heard a voice say.

Looking to his right he saw Michael making his way over to them. He was smiling and had a tall, hunky guy walking beside him.

“Michael, how are you?” Connor asked.

Connor hugged Michael and smiled back at the man he walked up with. There was something he was missing here. He then remembered Debbie said that Ardan’s best friend was going to meet them there. His best friend Connor. FUCK!

“Good, we’re real good. I see you’ve met Brandon, Ardan’s husband.”

Connor looked at Justin and raised an eyebrow. A menacing smile appeared on the man’s face. A pit settled into his stomach.

“We’re gonna go dance, see you in a little while,” Michael said as he took hunky guy’s hand and walked off.

“So, Brandon, funny that you introduced yourself as Justin. But not nearly as funny as you not looking anything like all the pictures Ardan sent me of the two of you.”

Busted. “Please, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know when I got here. I had temporary amnesia, really that’s not a lie. I was in the crash with Brandon and Ardan. They didn’t make it. I have nowhere else to go, please I have a baby.”

“Not my concern that you’re a whore. What is my concern is you taking advantage of a sick, grieving mother. Have you no shame?”

“Please, I’ll do anything. They need me and Ciaran as much as we need them. Joan loves him.”

“Anything?” His stomach started to turn at the man’s evil grin. How could he have been such a fan of him?

“Anything,” he said, although his voice shook.

“Come back to my hotel with me.”

“Okay.”

Justin wiped tears out of his eyes as he was led out of Babylon.