- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is a little intense. I'll put a trigger warning up just because how the act started.


 

 

 

 

As Justin left the hotel, so many things ran through his mind. What would happen if he told the Kinney’s the truth? What would happen if he stuck to Connor’s plan?

Nothing, absolutely nothing good could come from helping those two. Ethan just wanted money. Connor on the other hand, wanted Brian broken. Brian wasn’t the warmest individual he had ever met but he had helped him out so much since arriving.

“Brandon.”

Justin was so lost in his thoughts; he didn’t even hear the man calling his new name. Suddenly, there was a hand on his shoulder.

“Let go of me,” he snapped, thinking it was Connor again.

“Calm the fuck down,” Brian said as Brandon turned around. For a minute, he thought the man was going to hit him.

“Sorry, I thought you were someone else.”

“Connor?”

“How’d you know?”

“Ted said he saw you leave with him. Please tell me you didn’t fuck him. I’m guilty of using unhealthy sex as therapy but this isn’t the way.”

“I didn’t sleep with him. But Brian, there’s something I need to tell you.”

Justin looked up at the most beautiful hazel eyes he had ever seen. When he had first met Ardan, he thought he was the most handsome man he had ever met. But that title really was Brian Kinney’s to keep. He had only seen Ardan for a total of ten minutes. But even he could see the differences in them. Brian seemed to have a darker aura around
him. But that could be because of all the pressure that was on him. Joan and Debbie had told him that Brian was the only one to keep things going before and after Jack Kinney died.

“Well, what is it?”

“I uhh…”

“Spit it out, Sunshine.”

That was the first time Brian had called him Sunshine. Debbie and Joan had been calling him that almost since the beginning. It felt less like lying that way. It felt good.

“My name isn’t Brandon,” Justin sobbed out.

Brian’s face hardened. Many emotions filtered over his face. Confusion. Pain. Betrayal. The one it stuck on was anger.

“Explain,” he said, his voice scarily calm.

“I met Ardan and Brandon just before the crash. I guess the police thought I was Brandon because of the wedding ring. He asked me to hold it because it was hurting his finger. I put it on while he was changing. I’m sorry, I never meant for any of this to
happen.”

When he started to tell the truth, everything just poured out of him. He needed to get out before anything else could happen. Once he got Ciaran, he would disappear. Maybe move down south. No
way was Ethan getting his hands on Ciaran. He would not be a pawn in Connor and
Ethan’s little game.

“So you play all of us for fools? You let my mother think that baby is her dead son’s child? You let us believe a part of him is still here? Where is my nephew’s body? I’ll tell you where, somewhere in a potter’s field with his father because we believe they were alive.”

Justin could see Brian shaking with rage. His face darkened even more. A scary thought occurred to him. Brian could have him arrested for impersonation. Ethan wouldn’t even have to fight to get him then.

All that fled his mind when Brian pulled back his fist. He hit Justin squarely in his left eye. Surprised by the hit, Justin fell to the ground. A yell escaped him after the first kick landed in his ribs. Closing his eyes, he waited for the kicks to stop.

“Earth to Sunshine,” Brian said, snapping his fingers in front of Brandon. Brandon’s face had turned sickly white. “What do you need to tell me?”

The blonde seemed to come back from where his mind had wondered off to.

“Oh, just that I had a really good time tonight. I’m hoping we can do it more.” He brushed his hand over Brian’s chest. Was Brian’s crazy or was there a hidden meaning there? No, there was no way his recently widowed brother-in-law would be hitting on him.


The next few months passed relatively easy. Ethan and Connor had given him until Christmas to have Brian’s ring on his finger.

Easter was upon them now. Joan had gotten at least four Easter outfits for Ciaran. Not only that, but the doctor had lifted some of her restrictions. It looked like her heart wasn’t getting worse. She had said it was because of him and Ciaran. That tore him up inside. He had until Christmas to figure a way out of this mess. Thankfully, Ethan had gone back to New York and Connor back to LA.

“That one is beautiful, darling. There’s
something about it that breaks my heart though.” She looked at it again before turning around. “You must set up a show soon,” Joan said as she came into the sunroom. It was the best room for his art because he could control the amount
of sunlight.

Once Joan found out he was an artist, she had Vic take him to the art store. Vic wouldn’t let him see how much was spent but Justin knew it had been in the thousands.

His first was a portrait of Ciaran, he gave it to Joan. Then some hand sketches of the rest of the family. Now he was working more on the images he saw in his head.

Joan had started in on him to have his own show. He knew she was just being nice but it didn’t feel right. It wouldn’t be because of his talent but her pocketbook. Even if he did, this painting wouldn’t be in it.

“What’s this one called?” she asked as she sat on the chaise.

“HBM.”

“HBM?”

“Yes.”

That was all he wanted to say about the matter. The painting was extremely personal to him. It was the accident. It was the image he saw in his head every time he thought about that night. Not many people looking at it would know they were looking at a painting of death and destruction. They would see light colors mixed with dark edges. They would see a never ending road, sunrise just over the next hill. They wouldn’t see the car in the ditch, the car where an eight-year old stayed pinned in the back while his mother lay dead in the ditch. They couldn’t see that because he hadn’t painted that, instead it was a simple red brick house. Red to show how much blood there had been that day. Brick because that’s what had been used to break his window by the man who found them. And a house, because it had been the last place his mother had ever lived.


Brian couldn’t believe he had let his mother talk him into this again. Apparently, Emmett had told her about Leather Night at Babylon. She thought it was a wonderful idea to take Brandon. Brandon would be lucky if he could leave that night without wearing some Dom’s collar. They would just see a little twink that needed a firm hand. Brian would spend his whole night chasing them off.

“Hey, honey, what are you doing here?” Debbie asked as he entered the kitchen.

“Mother wanted me to take Brandon to Leather Night.”

“Leather Night? He’ll be eaten alive.”

Brian snorted but kept his mouth shut. It wasn’t the greatest idea but his mother had her heart set on it for some reason.

“Where is the little prince?”

“Brandon or Ciaran?

“I was asking about Brandon but Ciaran is usually with him.”

“Not today, Daphne took him to park.”

“The park? He just learned to roll over.”

“The fresh air is good for him. Isn’t it a little early to pick Brandon up for Leather Night?”

Brian refused to take the bait on that. He realized a month ago his mother, Debbie and Vic were trying to get him with Brandon. It had taken him longer than he thought it should but he didn’t think his mother would be that manipulative, but he should have guessed.

“Is he in the sunroom?” He usually was if he wasn’t taking care of Ciaran.

“No, he’s in his room. Emmett came over a little while ago and they rushed up there.”

Turning around he headed for the stairs. “Honeycutt probably broke a nail. It would be cause of emergency.”

Taking the stairs two steps at a time he hurried to Brandon’s room. The door was cracked open when he got there.

“It doesn’t feel like it’s been that long since you’ve done this,” he heard Emmett say.

“Well, what can I say, I’ve got a talent with asses,” Brandon replied.

Peeking in, Brian only could see them in the large mirror on Brandon’s dresser. He saw Emmett face down on Brandon’s bed and Brandon’s face close enough to kiss his ass. Emmett didn’t have a stitch of clothes on. Brandon did but it looked like they just started. As soon as Brandon’s hand came in contact with Emmett’s ass he was done. It was clear Brandon didn’t need him.


“Would you quit moving,” Justin said, trying not to laugh at Emmett.

“I can’t help it, it tickles.”

The last time he had a completely naked man in his bed it wasn’t to draw on him. Emmett had begged him to give him a few henna tattoos. He thought they would make him look more daring. Right now, he was working on a design on his ass.

“Well, if you don’t hold still your ass will look like a drunk chimpanzee did it.”

Justin was tired by the time Emmett’s henna was done. It had been something he learned when he was in high school. Since it had been a while since he did it, he started with Emmett’s ass first. But everything had turned out great. On his lower back was a heart, four chainmail patterns connecting at the heart, two from his back and two from his ass. He thought it was his best work.

Emmett left as soon as it dried, he said he wasn’t going to Leather Night. Justin didn’t know what he wanted to henna for but it wasn’t his business. Justin didn’t like the way leather pants felt so he put on jeans. But he did put a leather vest over a white tee. Looking in the mirror he thought he looked good.

Tonight was the night he was going to tell Brian the truth. He hoped to get him to really know him before he opened up. He made sure he looked good for the night out. After finally dropping the last of the baby weight he felt good again. His hair was also longer than it had been in a while. When he was with Ethan he had cut it. Ethan told him he looked ugly with long hair. Now, Justin knew it was because he got more attention with longer hair, Ethan didn’t like anyone thinking Justin was better looking than him.

Checking himself out one more time he smiled at his reflection. Tonight was going to be amazing.

Once he got down stairs he ran into Daphne and Ciaran in the kitchen. Ciaran was strapped into his high chair and Daphne wad feeding him.

“What are you eating?” he asked his son, kissing his cheek.

“Tell Daddy we’re having bananas.”

“He hates bananas.” At least he did the day before.

“Well, he loves it now.”

They just started him on some baby food. Only the ones his doctor said to try. Ciaran so far hadn’t liked anything Justin had given him.

He decided to wait for Brian on the bench in front of the house. His nerves were making him jumpy.

Seven o’clock came and went. Eight. Nine. Ten. At a half past eleven he went back inside. He was glad everyone was asleep. Ciaran was sleeping in his nursery tonight and Daphne had his baby monitor.

Peeling off the clothes that he hated now, he threw himself on the bed. All he had on was his underwear. He was finally able to fall asleep, tears still running down his face.


Brian stumbled into the room. Grabbing at the desk by the door he made sure to not fall. His eyes adjusted to the dark room. Brandon was on the bed, alone. Stumbling forward he made his way over to him.

The alcohol he had consumed was helping to feed his anger. Grabbing the covers, he ripped them off of Brandon’s body. Crawling up onto the bed, he straddled Brandon’s body.


Justin woke up with a start as he felt someone on top of him. He froze when he saw who it was. Brian, clearly inebriated, was straddling his hips, looking down at him.

“You’re here,” Justin said, his voice rough from crying and sleep.

Brian didn’t speak, he just leaned down and captured Justin’s lips in a harsh kiss. In a split decision he decided to go with it. He had been so upset when Brian didn’t so up earlier, now he was in his bed. It had been so long since he felt wanted, needed. Maybe this was Brian’s way of apology.

Over the last few months he had become more and more infatuated with the man. And it had nothing to do with Connor’s plan. Brian Kinney was a sweet, gentle man hidden inside a cool exterior.

Several times over the next few minutes Brian left Justin with an out. He didn’t pin him at all. Justin’s underwear was gently taken off. For as unsteady Brian was, his moves were smooth.

Justin wasn’t surprised when Brian pulled out a condom and a lube packet. He kept looking Justin in the eyes as he prepared him.

Never in his life had he a lover like Brian Kinney. The man, even when he was drunk, was still amazing.

Just as Brian climaxed he yelled “Brandon”. The name ripped out Justin’s heart. Brian didn’t just have sex with him. He had sex with Brandon, at least he thought he had. It seemed Connor was right, Brian had to have whatever Ardan had. Even if Ardan was dead and gone.

Tears started to fall down his face again, he felt his heart ripping into shreds. Brian’s eyes seemed to be having trouble focusing. Then without warning he pulled out of Justin, shock and a bite of pain made him hiss.


Brian looked at his brother-in-law, who now was crying. He hadn’t been when they were having sex. It was only after he called his name that he started to tear up. There was only one explanation. Brandon had convinced himself that Ardan had come back. That he was with Ardan. When Brian yelled his name he realized his mistake.

Jumping out of bed, Brian quickly dressed. “This will never happen again; you have my word.” With that he left. Maybe it was time to open a fourth branch. That would mean he would be gone for a while getting it off the ground. That’s exactly what he’d do. Brandon didn’t need to see his face, and Brian didn’t think he could handle the betrayal he felt. He hadn’t been that drunk. He had just wanted Brandon so much, and after finding him having sex with Emmett earlier he thought Brandon was ready to move on. That had been his mistake.