- Text Size +

CHAPTER 12 – ...THE TORNADO STARTS TO BUILD

 

MONDAY MORNING

 

SPRINGHILL SUITES DOWNTOWN

 

DAVID

 

I sigh and look across the street.  I cannot believe my life has come to this.  It’s my own fault I got greedy and then got caught…but with Michael firmly back in my sights and on the outs with Ben I can finally get my life back on track.  The $50K he sent didn’t last long but it was enough to keep me in the style to which I had been accustomed, still not sure where got that money from but that’s not my issue – I want my son back and Michael is going to help me…ah speak of the devil.

 

                “Michael good morning how are you?”

 

                “Fine thanks, I had a very nice night’s sleep thanks to a certain someone…”  I can hear his smile

 

                “As did I.  What plans for today?” 

 

I try not to roll my eyes as he witters on about something comic related, just remember the greater good I tell myself.

 

                “David, listen I have to go, have to head the store, we’ll meet up later yes?”

 

                “Of course, look forward to it.  I have some appointments to handle but will definitely see you around six, same place?”

 

                “Yep perfect.”

 

I hang up and sigh and wish to God I never ever saw those stocks in the first place.

 

BRITIN

 

JUSTIN

 

I can’t sleep.  I’m thinking about Faal calling off the hounds.  I know he’s not happy to do it, but he has because she asked, I know she can take care of herself but still.  Sighing I look across at Brian and think how much I love him, I snuggle into his side and feel his fingers run through my hair.

 

                “Most gay men would be insulted that their partner is worrying over a woman…”  He mumbles

 

                “Thought you were sleeping.”  I kiss his chest.

 

                “With those hamsters running, not a chance.”  He chuckles and rolls over pinning me under him.

 

                “Let me speak to Carl.  I’m not promising anything.  Okay?”  He strokes my face.

 

                “Thank you.  I really am very fond of them and would hate…”

 

                “Me too.  Now let me help those hamsters concentrate on something more, um interesting.”

 

My giggle turns into a groan as he slides down leaving a trail of hot kisses.

 

DEBBIE & CARL’S

 

DEBBIE

 

                “Where did I go wrong Carl?”

 

He looks up surprised at the question and sighs.

 

                “You can only blame yourself for so much.  Red let me finish.  Michael is a grown man and knows exactly what he is doing and how to get people to forget what he’s done by simply not acknowledging it or finding a way to turn it around, he’s been doing it for years.  I think we took the lead of Faal.  He saw through him straight away and was not going to let him get away with it.  He was like a Rottweiler when it came to Matt at the BBQ from what I heard…”

 

I chuckle and think for a while.

 

                “We can never tell Hunter what he said about him nor Gus and Jenny.  It would destroy Jenny and as much as he deserves a good ass kicking she will never forgive him.  Oh and don’t tell Mel and Lindz either.”

 

                “I agree on that and I think we should let the rest of the family know too.  Agreed?”

 

I nod and start making calls.  He drops a kiss on my head and just as he’s heading out his phone rings.

 

                “Hey Brian, how are you this fine morning?”

 

ZEE & FAAL’S BROWNSTONE

 

FAAL

 

                “Carl what a surprise!  Is everything okay?”

 

He lets me in and leads me to the kitchen.

 

                “Coffee?”

 

I nod and take out my phone.

 

                “Brian and I have been talking, he knows someone, so if you see this guy hanging round Zee, don’t worry about it.”

 

I show him the photo and hope he doesn’t get mad.  He’s very quiet.

 

                “Can you send this to me please?”  He whispers.  “So…so I can send it round the teams.”

 

I do as he asks and look at him.

 

                “You okay?”

 

He nods and gives me a wobbly smile before enveloping me in a bear hug.

 

                “Thank you, thank you.”  He mumbles.

 

I cough and adjust my coat.

 

                “Would advise that you don’t do that to Brian.  And within the family it stays between us, you, me, Brian and Justin.”

 

He chuckles and the nods.

 

                “How can Michael throw away such a goodness?”

 

I shrug knock back the rest of my coffee and head out, the last thing I hear is him start to cry.

 

BOYD HONEYCUTT RESIDENCE

 

DREW                                                    

 

                “Sorry Debs he’s not moving on this and I am going to back him up.”

 

I see Emmett come down the stairs and watch his eyes drift outside.

 

                “Look Debs I have got to go.  Yeah I will get him to call you with his version of events.  Bye.”

 

I take my man into my arms.

 

                “Want me there?”

 

He shakes his head and after giving me a quick kiss heads towards the poolhouse.  I watch as he is met midway down the path by Michael.  I head to the door and wait to see if I need to step in.

 

                “But why?”

 

                “Why?  Why?  You lied to me Michael, you said you had no money but you do so use that money and go find a place.”

 

A calm Emmett is a bad sign, I start down towards them.

 

                “I didn’t lie to you the money is tied up in works for the store and I did…can’t touch that!”

 

                “Really?  But you can touch it enough to buy that stupid statue for $15 no actually $16 grand!”

 

                “What I do with my money is my business Emmett!  And again that was for the store!”

 

                “And who we have in our poolhouse is ours!”

 

                “Oh so you are being just like Justin!  What you going to do ship my stuff out in boxes like he did!”

 

                “He didn’t!  Brian did!”

 

                “What!  You’re lying, Brian wouldn’t do that, he’s…”

 

                “Ask him!  Call him right now and ask him if you don’t believe me!”

 

                “I don’t have to do that because I know he wouldn’t do that!”

 

                “Correction, you don’t want to do that because you are afraid of the truth!  You were driving Justin insane so he made a choice and he picked Justin and he will always pick Justin!”

 

Emmett takes a deep breath and sighs and then he turns and with head held high walks into my embrace.

 

Michael finally turns back into the poolhouse slamming the door.

 

                “I am so proud of you.”

 

He sniffles into my shoulder.

 

                “Come on let’s get that flame burning bright again.”  He guffaws as I drag him back to the house.

 

POOLHOUSE

 

MICHAEL

 

                “Fuck you Emmett, fuck you!”  I scream at the walls.

 

The door knocks and I open it, I see Mitchell standing there.

 

                “The Masters have asked me to help you pack.”   

 

He makes his way inside and wrinkles his nose before opening the windows.

 

                “Where shall we start?”

 

Sitting down heavily.

 

                “Wherever you want!”  I snap

 

Within an hour he has me packed and out by the gates.  I cannot believe that Emmett has done this to me, I thought he was my friend.  And he’s wrong about Brian totally wrong.  I take my stuff to the store and put it upstairs.  I need some lunch though so I think I am heading to the diner.

 

DINER

 

It is packed in there and of course no booths are available.  Michael looks round and sees Jennifer of all people, so he heads in her direction.

 

                “Hi Jennifer.”

 

She looks up in surprise but wrangles her inner WASP and pastes a smile on her face.

 

                “Michael, how nice to see you, would you like to join me?”  Her inner voice is screaming no…inner voice starts whimpering and swearing when he sits down.

 

                “Thanks.  How have you been?” 

 

                “Fine.  Just fine.  And you?”

 

I take a pause, I am not sure how much she knows about the current situation.

 

                “Well you know about Ben and me…”  I begin.

 

                “Yes I heard that you two are having difficulties, it’s a shame.  But at least he’s got the rest of the family to support him in this difficult time, it can be particularly upsetting for a teenage boy when this kind of thing happens especially with his background.  And especially when showing a shred of human kindness, gratitude and love would’ve avoided such a situation.”

 

                “Um…”

 

                “In some ways Michael you are luckier than most.”

 

                “I am how so?”

 

                “Well if your mother wasn’t my best friend I would eviscerate you.  Would you like me to spell that for you so that you can see what you avoided?  No?  Oh well, enjoy your day.”

 

She stands and heads to the door before coming back and leaning down whispers.

 

                “I give you fair warning though…I don’t care how long it takes but the moment Debs and I fall out your ass is mine.” 

 

She turns and leaves.  I am left sitting there in shock that swiftly turns to anger how dare she talk to me that way before I can follow to say my piece, ma calls out to me.

 

                “Hey what you doing here why aren’t you at the store?”

 

                “Emmett kicked me out.”  I sigh

 

                “Oh.”

 

                “Oh that’s all you have to say…oh”

 

                “What more do you want sweetheart, Carl is not going to budge on you moving back.  What about the room above the store?”

 

                “I suppose I could stay there.  But hopefully I can stay at Britin or the loft instead.  Yeah the loft would be better it’s not as if Hunter needs…”

 

                “There is every need, he’s called Matt remember.”

 

                “You can’t be serious.  He’s still seeing that guy after what he did to me, so much for loyalty!”

 

                “I like Matt, he’s good for Hunter, he makes him happy and you should be thanking him!”

 

                “What the fuck for?!”  I am incredulous.

 

                “Because he won’t tell anybody what you said that got you that punch!”  She snaps

 

She pauses and looks at me and then she walks away.  Well if Hunter is at the loft so much then I can move into his room, I am going to see Ben, I shout my goodbyes and leave.

 

CARL

 

I watch as he stomps out like a petulant child.

 

                “I hoped I really did.”  She mutters quietly to herself.

 

I want to reach over the counter and take the pain he causes her away.

 

BEN & HUNTER’S HOUSE

 

BEN

 

                “Michael, what are you doing here?”

 

                “Aren’t you going to invite me in?”

 

                “No.”

 

He looks surprised.

 

                “How have you been?”

 

                “A lot better thanks?”

 

                “Look Ben can we at least be civil about this?  Emmett is…”

 

                “Civil!  You want to be civil, if you had been civil in the first place you would not be on that side of the door, now what do you want?”

 

                “I hear that Hunter is spending a lot of time at the loft and since I am no longer staying at Emmett’s I thought I could move back here and use his room instead until I get a place of my own.”

 

He starts to chuckle and then pauses.

 

                “What you’re serious?  Even if Hunter was staying mostly at the loft, which he isn’t, you would still not be welcome here.  Michael you hurt me and Hunter terribly and have the gall to think you can walk on water for it.”

 

                “Ben this is partly my house I…”

 

                “You really don’t get it do you and you still have selective hearing I see.  For the last time, it is not your house, your name is not on the deed nor did you contribute to the mortgage payments so no it is nothing to do with you.  In fact, when he could Hunter contributed more than you.  Now go away Michael I have papers to grade.”

 

I shut the door and sigh.  For one second I was about to open it then I remember what Faal said…live your life happy, so I head back to the sofa and pour myself another glass of wine and settle down to watching National Geographic without the constant questions and sighing…bliss!

 

ZEE AND FAAL’S BROWNSTONE – LATE EVENING

 

FAAL

 

                “My lig, ek is lief vir jou, ek is lief vir jou, moenie ophou ek jou smeek asseblief nie ophou!”1

 

Suddenly there is a pounding on the door.

 

                “Ignoreer!”2

 

The pounding is relentless and then my phone starts, it’s Brian.

 

“Jy het gotta 'n grap my!”3

 

She sighs and we both get up and head to the door.  When we open it Emmett rushes in followed by Brian, Justin and Ben.

 

                “Um Emmett…”  Zee begins

 

                “I need a fucking drink!”  He yells.

 

She points to the kitchen and the wine and he drinks directly from the bottle.

 

                “Okay, anybody want to fill me in while he swallows?”  She asks.

 

                “Don’t say swallow.”  I growl.

 

Brian tries and fails to hide his smirk.

 

                “No idea, he just rounded us up and brought us here.  Emmy Lou, can you stop drinking and start talking.”  Brian shakes his head at the histrionics.

 

Justin takes the bottle from him.  He takes a deep breath and sits down.

 

                “I was sitting at home, just watching AMC and missing my Drewsie, he’s took a flight to Chicago and…”

 

                “Emmy Lou focus.”  Brian sighs.

 

                “Sorry.  I am on my own like I said.  The gate goes and I have a look see and you will not believe who it is?”

 

He pauses dramatically.

 

                “George Bush naked and lubed up?”  I ask, I wish to get back to what I was doing!

 

                “No, even worse.  Dr David Cameron!”

 

We all go quiet and then look at each other.

 

                “Are you, um suggesting that he and Drew are…”  Justin begins gently.

 

                “No, no of course not!  He wasn’t there for Drew he was there to see Michael!”

 

                “Michael?  But you kicked him out today right?”  Brian snaps. 

 

I can tell he’s thinking of the safety of Emmy Lou…he doesn’t fool me.

 

                “Apparently they had dinner plans.”

 

Zee pours us all a drink and swiftly opens another bottle and we all drink in silence.

 

                “Thoughts?”  Ben asks.

 

                “How did you leave it with him?”  I am mentally working out who to send to look after Emmett.

 

                “Told Mitchell to tell him that Michael wasn’t here.  Mitchell said he walked away and then I rounded up you guys and here we are!”

 

Nobody says a word for a while.

 

                “Can someone get Carl over here, we are most likely overreacting but let’s keep him in the loop.”

 

Brian offers to go and pick him up and Ben goes with him.

 

I pull her into my arms and hug her tightly.  She heads to get her laptop and then she, Justin and Emmett rustle up some food and it is ready by the time they come back.

 

                “Are you kidding me with this shit?!”  Carl shouts as he comes through the door.

 

                “You’ve been filled in I see.”  I sigh

 

                “Look everyone try to keep calm.  Okay we know the original money came from the Pitts, I am this close to the actual account…” 

 

Just then her phone rings.  She nods and writes down something and then lets out a heavy sigh and hangs up.

 

                “What is it?  Just spill it.”  Brian demands.

 

                “Fuck!”  She explodes and again with the pacing.

 

                “Zaden stop this and just tell us!”  I bellow.

 

                “You know that 50 grand he acquired suddenly?”

 

We all nod.

 

                “Well the reason it wasn’t red flagged was because it went to his practice and not his personal accounts and now I know who gave him the money just got to figure out why.  It was some company called Red Cape Comics.  He opened several accounts and spread the money around so it wasn’t picked up as all amounts were under the threshold.  Nothing fucking illegal there…devious but not illegal...”

 

                “Uh Zee…did you say Red Cape Comics?”  Ben looks ashen.

 

She nods and then looks round.

 

                “When was this?”  Justin is gripping his glass, I take it from him before he breaks it.

 

                “About 2 years ago…”

 

She looks at Brian and Justin, both look angry.

 

                “Of all the stupid…”  Ben shouts.

 

                “What?  Someone want to fill in the blanks here?”  She demands

 

                “Red Cape Comics is owned by one Michael Novotny.”  Ben answers

 

                “I always said that he was easily manipulated by that bastard!”  Brian snaps grabbing for the bottle.

 

                “Wait!  I have just remembered something!”   Emmett is waving his arms round and pacing.

 

We all turn to Emmett and just as Brian is about to say something

 

                “Seriously Brian not a word!  Remember when David got him that Miata and he got sucked into his pretentious world…”

 

                “Yeah he was more fun than usual to be around.”  Justin snarks

 

                “Hah!  No but I think I remember him saying he said that he and David had investments and mmmph!”

 

Zee kisses Emmett soundly on the lips and skips into my arms grinning.

 

                “You beauty Emmett!”  She crows triumphantly.  “My guess is that there are investments hidden somewhere, jointly and he wants them so once he gets that signature he fucks off and Michael is none the wiser.”

 

                “But what about the $50K?”  Carl looks confused.

 

                “Give me a minute.  Guys please eat!”  Zee is bouncing up and down with glee.

 

I prepare a plate for her and fork food into her mouth ever so often, Brian snickers.

 

                “Shush like you wouldn’t do this for Justin when he is focused on his art.  This is her art.”  I tell him.

 

                “Your little bird needs feeding.” 

 

I grin at him and fork another mouthful in.

 

                “Hold the happiness this is going to take some work.  Fuck.” 

 

She looks so crestfallen.

 

                “What do you have so far?”  Brian is in business mode and looks over her shoulder.

 

                “Maybe we should get Ted involved or even Mel…”  Justin suggests

 

                “Why Mel?”  Zee asks leaning over for another forkful.

 

                “She drew up the contract for the loan.”  Ben answers.  “These are good what’s in it?”

 

He is currently eating spring roll.

 

                “Shrooms…raw enoki, cooked shiitake, oyster, wild with garlic chives and crisp savoy cabbage.  Hey open mouth here.”

 

This elicits chuckles and the tension is broken and I put in the spring roll and cry inside as she slowly draws it into her mouth.  I really hate David Cameron and Michael Novotny!

 

                “Would you say that Michael is sensible when it comes to reading documentation?  Or would he sign the thing just to get the money?  And is the relationship between him and Mel good?”  She asks after finishing the roll, she points at the chicken

 

I shake my head at her and smile, she winks and points at her mouth.

 

                “Definitely the latter and well she wasn’t happy the last time they were together.  You know when you and Hunter were discharged, he and Lindz got reamed out over their insistence that they should have a key to Britin…”

 

Emmett explains before asking for a piece of paper and a pen and making notes.

 

                “Uh what are you doing?”  I ask.

 

                “Stealing the recipe for the spring rolls these are delish!”

 

                “Does Michael pay much for Jenny?”  Zee is starting to pace.

 

Ben snorts in derision and shakes his head.

 

                “Not as much as he could.  I am paying the loan repayments.  We were supposed to be paying them together but of course…”

 

                “Is there a default clause?”  She asks Brian.

 

                “Yeah Mel put one so harsh that we were sure he wouldn’t.  It’s that if he defaulted two payments he forfeits the…”

 

Brian cocks an eyebrow at her and then grins.

 

                “Genius but why help him?”  He asks.

 

                “Hang on Brian.  Ben am I to take it that you are the only one making the payments but he doesn’t think you know that?”

 

                “Yes and I was helping him towards the mortgage on the store but I put a stop to that.”

 

                “Oh that’s what you did.  Even better.”  Brian chuckles, he’s clearly more clued in than the rest of us

 

                “Michael said that the money was tied up in something for the store that he couldn’t touch so he lied about that too?”  Emmett sighs sadly

 

                “May be not.  But Ben that’s perfect.  Stop paying the loan repayments.”  Zee states.

 

The rest of us are looking at the grinning pair in confusion.

 

                “Please explain in English how that helps.”  Carl grumbles

 

                “He defaults, then he has to return every cent or the store becomes ours…”  Brian explains.

 

I walk slowly over to Zee and pull her into my arms.

 

                “Herinner my nog nooit aan jou oor te steek”

 

                “Thought that was a given.”  She murmurs pulling me down for a tongue fucking kiss.

 

Carl coughs though is smiling when we break apart.

 

                “Translation?”

 

                “Remind me never to cross you.”  I reply.

 

                “Oh how disappointing!  Judging by that kiss I was expecting something filthy!”  Emmett sighs

 

We all burst out laughing.

 

RED CAPE COMICS – SAME EVENING

 

MICHAEL

 

        “David I am so sorry that I forgot to tell you I had inventory tonight.  Are you sure you don’t mind.”

 

                “No Michael of course not, but I would’ve appreciated a heads up as I was dressed for dinner not um this…” 

 

I do feel a bit for David but at least he’s here.  I grab another bottle of champagne from the fridge…mentally thanking Boy Wonder…and open it wincing slightly as it hits my Captain Astro.

 

                “Um Michael, I have been meaning to ask you…”

 

                “What?”  I ask handing him a glass and then making sure there isn’t a mark on the Captain.

 

                “Why do you have such a large statue in such a small space?  Surely it would be better placed outside and you can reclaim the floor space.”

 

I look at him scandalised.

 

                “This is an original Captain Astro, it’s a store enhancement…”

 

                “Well this store enhancement gives me bruises every time I walk past.  How about this, why not get a case for it and then leave it outside during the day…chained of course…and leave it instore at night?”

 

I think about it for a few minutes and then realise he is right, why didn’t Ben suggest that!

 

                “Brilliant idea, I will look at that tomorrow.  Now what say we go upstairs and I help you out of those dusty clothes?”

 

BRITIN

 

ALICE

 

Don’t get me wrong, I love my job.  Brian and Justin are the most loving couple I have ever seen and they don’t treat me like “staff” they treat me like family as do the rest of them, well except one and I am not sad to see him going.  Lord alone knows that Ben could do much better than him. 

 

And as for Hunter and Matt, when I first met that Hunter he was belligerent and smart mouthed but I soon put a stop to that and I’m Aunt Alice now and I couldn’t be prouder.  And the way they are together it is so damn sweet, I have never seen two boys spring apart as fast as they did when I caught them in the mud room.

 

Zee and Faal now they are another loving couple in fact when I see them I see Brian and Justin in straight version, they would do anything for each other and when I heard about the threat I was glad Justin changed his mind about their guns.

 

The reason I sometimes hate my job is inventory and household accounts, I hate doing them but needs must when the devil drives, so in the words of Faal…Kom ons kry dit kak gedoen!4.

 

BRITIN – TUESDAY LATE MORNING

 

ALICE

 

I have fed the cats and so as to make sure that there are no disturbances as I need them to focus on me it is with regret I send Lilah outside with her mom and siblings.  Brian tends to zone out when she’s in his sight.

 

                “Morning Alice.  Where’s Lilah?”  Brian asks and I resist the temptation to roll my eyes

 

                “Getting some morning sun, where’s Justin?”

 

                “Mmm here, need coffee.”  A sleepy Justin ambles in and plops himself in Brian’s lap.

 

He rests his head on Brian shoulder and closes his eyes.

 

                “Boys focus I need you to concentrate on me please!”

 

Maybe it is something in my tone but they both snap to attention.

 

                “Problem?”  Brian asks as he puts Justin on the chair next to him and gets him a coffee.

 

                “I am hoping not.  And I have just made a mistake.”  I begin

 

Brian does the Kinney Eyebrow Quirk as I have taken to calling it, and it means a myriad of things, this one is get the fuck on with it.

 

                “I was doing inventory last night and it doesn’t add up with what was ordered to what is or was here.”

 

                “Oh wait remember we put some of the food for Ben and Hunter on our bills whilst they were recuperating.”  Justin points out

 

                “Yeah but um why are they still ordering?”  I ask

 

                “They’re not.  Ben said his last order was in August it’s now nearly October.”

 

                “Well someone is…there’s champagne, wine, caviar, foie gras, Wagyu beef and all kinds of stuff…”

 

                “Where is it being delivered?”  Justin asks

 

                “2501 2nd Avenue.”

 

                “How many deliveries?”  Justin is looking beyond pissed.

 

                “5 well 4 one was returned.”

 

                “Can you get the company to give us an itemised bill for everything delivered to that address and to Ben’s house?” 

 

                “Here.  I had a feeling you would ask.”

 

Justin walks out and makes a call but I can’t tell who to.

 

                “Brian I am so…”

 

                “No you did the right thing.”  He reassures me and pinches his nose.  “When am I going to fucking learn?!”

 

                “He’s emailing it now.  Please Brian stop.”  Justin pleads and he watches Brian start to pace.

 

For the next 40 minutes we go through every order to the Novotny Bruckners and those delivered to 2501 2nd Avenue…or to give the full address…Red Cape Comics.

 

                “I have to tell Deb.”  Brian mumbles.

 

                “Want me to come?”  Justin asks hugging him tight.

 

                “Later.  Definitely later.”  He kisses him gently and heads out making a call on his way.

 

DEBBIE & CARL’S HOUSE

 

DEBBIE

 

                “Did he say what it is about?”  Carl asks with a worried frown

 

I shake my head.

 

                “He sounded so disappointed and sad.  Oh my God you don’t think him and Sunshine have split do you?”

 

                “Not even God and the Devil could separate those two!”  He chuckles

 

We hear the door open and Brian comes in, he looks so broken.

 

                “Honey what is it, what’s happened?  Oh my God the cancer, is the cancer’s back?!” 

 

                “Ma the cancer is not back but there is a cancer of a sort, please can you sit down.”

 

He hands me a piece of paper and I look at it in confusion, all I can see is a food list.

 

                “What’s this?”  Carl asks taking the list from me.

 

                “This is the food that Michael ordered for himself during the recuperation of Ben and Hunter and the second page is the food he ordered after he and Ben split.”  He tells us.

 

I take the list off Carl and read it thoroughly and am sick to my stomach.  How could he, how could he do something so mean spirited when all he had to do was ask.

 

                “Do what you need to do…you will still have us, you hear, you still have us.”  I pull him into a hug.

 

He nods and heads out.

 

                “Brian.”  Carl calls out to him.

 

He turns and I can see the tears in his eyes.

 

                “Come here son, just come here.” 

 

I watch as he battles with himself and then he finally gives in.  I head to the kitchen to get coffee and leave Carl to give Brian the comfort he needs.

 

Every heaving sob is a stab to my gut, every clutch on Carl’s arm is a reminder of his teenage pain and when I see Carl kiss his head and rock him my heart breaks.  No more I will not let him suffer anymore!

 

                “Give me this.  I’ll deal with it.”  I take the paper and head out.

 

I get to the store and slam the door hard, Michael comes up to me smiling.

 

                “Ma guess what?”  He is actually crowing.

 

                “No clue, why don’t you tell me what you’ve been up to?”

 

He is gesturing to someone.

 

                “You remember David, well we are back together isn’t that great?”

 

My world goes black.  I am not sure how long I have been out but when I open my eyes, Carl is looking at me.

 

                “What happened?”

 

                “You fainted.”  Michael sounds pissed off…nice.

 

Carl helps me up and tells Michael he will get me home.  I go to speak but he shushes me, I am not sure what is going on but I want to deal with Michael.

 

                “Let’s get you home to rest, I’ll call you once she’s settled okay.  About the arm you know it was an accident.”

 

He leads me to the car and we head home in silence, I am confused and look across at him and he’s…laughing…how is me fainting and Michael dating that potential psychopath funny!

 

                “Carl?  What’s so fucking funny?  Do you know he’s back with Dr Dave the same Dr Dave that threatened Zee!  We have to tell Faal, let me…”

 

He pulls up to the side of the road now roaring with laughter.

 

                “Carl Horvath!”

 

                “S-s-sorry Deb but it is just sorry.  Ahem!  Right I am calm actually no…”

 

Another round of laughter has him practically crying.

 

                “Carl what is it?  What?!”

 

                “When you fainted, you-you-you b-b-broke Captain Astro’s arm and took down at least three racks and the water cooler thus ru-ru-ruining the comics it fell on!”

 

                “How is that…oh my fucking God!  I did?  Well ain’t that a shame.”  I drawl

 

The next ten minutes the car rocks to our laughter.  Once we are calm he heads towards home.

 

                “Shit Brian!  How was he, he’s not coming to see Michael is he?”  I gasp

 

                “No he was a wreck, I called Justin and he said he would pick him up and take him home.  You know Red I think Brian is finally done with him.”

 

I nod, I am sad in a way but Michael brought it on himself.

 

BRITIN

 

JUSTIN

 

                “Come on.  Brian come on come upstairs.” 

 

Alice hands me a brandy and gives me a small smile.

 

                “I’ll be in the cottage if you need anything.”  She murmurs.

 

We get to the bedroom in total silence, it’s unnerving. 

 

                “Let me love you Brian, let me love you.” 

 

I murmur planting kisses over his face every time I taste a tear I want to kill Michael.

 

At first there is no response but as I keep kissing his closed mouth he softens and until he lets me in.  I pull back and take a swig of brandy and kiss him again, his grip on me tightens and he moans.

 

                “Do that again.”

 

I obey and am surprised when he rolls us over and he passes it back to me, I swallow happily, but push him back onto his back.

 

                “Let me love you.”  I kiss him again and he relaxes putting his arms above his head and smiles.

 

I kiss him deeply and start to undress him.  Kissing each bit of skin that becomes available, when I get to his stomach he arches upwards and sighs. 

 

                “Need you to sit up so that I can take off your shirt.”  I mumbled into his mouth after another shot of brandy.

 

He nods and sits up starting on my top, I shake my head.

 

                “You’re being loved, hands down.”  I chide gently.

 

He growls but puts his hands down and I slip off his shirt.  Pushing him back onto the bed I stand above him and slowly wind my hips as I start to take off my top and loosen my jeans.  I sink down onto his hips and slowly unbutton his jeans kissing the skin that gets exposed with each pop.

 

                “Unh!”

 

                “Hips up.”  I turn to face him and raise myself so he can do as ordered and making sure he has a great view of my ass, I push them down to his calves and he manages to kick them off, I chuckle at the sight of his flailing feet.

 

                “Oh!”  I squeal as his hand cracks across my ass.

 

                “You said down not still and if you are going to wave it at me well then…oh fuck!”

 

I swiped the tip of his cock and then take just the head in my warm mouth.  I lathe my tongue over it not going passed the head and running my fingers down the inside of his thighs.  His hitched breathing and quivering thighs tell me this is a good thing.

 

                “Want, want to see you, want to see those…oh God!  Baby look at me please.”  He begs.

 

I turn round on his cock not once letting him drop from my mouth and he grabs at the sheets letting out a string of curses and grunts.  I push his legs up putting him exposing him totally, brushing my fingers against his perineum he starts to whimper.

 

                “Love me, please, please love me…”  His head is thrashing and he is practically ripping the mattress.

 

I take him down my throat and suck hard and then slowly let him slither out of my mouth, he looks up at me at first confused and then he smiles at my nakedness and practically drools as I use my precum to lubricate myself and then add his to his flexing hole.  Wrapping his legs round my waist I align myself and push in a fraction.

 

                “Stay still.”  I order.

 

I take my time and slowly slide into him and once fully embedded I kiss him deeply.

 

                “Move baby please move.”  He begs

 

I rotate my hips in a cowgirl fashion before I start thrusting in earnest.

 

                “Oh!  Ah!  Jesus!  Fuck!  So good so good yes!  Oooh that oh that, yes there!  Uh Justin!  Please don’t stop please don’t stop!  Oh God!”

 

He’s bucking so hard that I almost lose my rhythm but grasping his hips and ringing his cock calms him down a bit.

 

                “Now where was I?”

 

 I mumble into his mouth and start thrusting again nailing his prostate every time.

 

                “Fuuuuuccccccckkkkkk!  Yes keep going please keep going!  I uh I oh fuck!  Look at me, look at me!  Look at what you do to me!  Oh Christ oh I’m gonna come I’m gonna come hard!  I’m coming!”

 

And he does and his ass clamping brings on mine and then there is nothing.

 

                “Justin.  Justin are you okay?”

 

I hear his voice really far away.

 

                “Mmm want to sleep now.”  I mumble into his chest.

 

                “Need to have shower or it will be a bitch to get us apart, come on wrap your legs round me.  That’s my good baby shower time.”

 

It takes a good few minutes to register what’s happening and when we come out having had a shower proper, no fucking at all, we head back to the bedroom and sigh.  It looks like a post porn shoot from the 70s pulling the bedding into a pile we giggle and share the rest of the brandy.

 

A knock at the door startles us.

 

                “If you boys are hungry I have got some fried chicken and vegetables waiting.”  Alice calls.

 

                “Great we’ll be right down.  We can do this when we come back up okay?”  He kisses me gently and I nod.

 

Alice leaves us to eat and we do so in silence.

 

                “You okay?”  I ask him.

 

                “Yeah.  But I am done, once we get him out of this fuck up I am done.” 

 

I nod and inside do a happy dance.

 

                “Okay let’s go sort the bed out because right now all I want to do is sleep.”

 

Again I nod and allow myself to be led upstairs to the bedroom where we are surprised to find it freshly made and unsurprised to find Lilah in the middle waiting impatiently.

 

                “Remind me to give Alice a raise.”  He says as he pulls me onto his chest and Lilah settles behind his head.

 

                “Mmm hmmm.”

 

 

So the cards have been played, well most of them.  Let the games begin.

Chapter End Notes:

1 - My light, I love you, I love you, please don't stop I am begging you don't stop

2 - Ignore it

3 - You have got to be kidding me

4 - Let's get this shit done

Please review constructively and kindly.  Happy reading. Thanks.