- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
They grow together as a family, learning to trust and support one another...

Title: The Offer Still Stands…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 6997
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Anti-Michael, Passion and Lust…
Beta Queen: bigj52


Summary: They grow together as a family, learning to trust and support one another...

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…


The Offer Still Stands…

Chapter 17 ~ One Big Happy Family…

Friday was hectic for both of them. Brian was meeting with his marketing team to go over his initial advertising ideas for Modern Men’s cosmetics. Then in the afternoon he had an appointment with his oncologist for his six-month checkup. He didn’t tell Justin about his doctor’s appointment, because it was just routine and he didn’t want to worry him.

Justin has an early class and doesn’t really care for his professor, but he has no choice, he’s the only one who’s teaching it this semester. He needs the Life Study class as a prerequisite for his fall courses. He had hoped that the professor wouldn’t recognize him from his past classes, but of course that isn’t the case.

Professor Higgins feels that Justin has been given too much leeway concerning his physical limitations. He’s made it very clear that he wouldn’t agree to any preferential treatment in his class. Even though he is aware of the circumstances surrounding Justin’s injuries, he isn’t sympathetic to his handicap. He always makes Justin feel guarded about his homosexuality, like he thinks that Justin deserved what happened because he flaunted his lifestyle.

Needless to say this makes Justin on edge, always looking over his shoulder and second guessing what his professor’s real motivations are. Especially since the professor used him as an example in class today as what not to do with one’s career. He considers it unprofessional of Justin to have left school and gone to Hollywood to work on an unsuccessful homoerotic movie. Then there is his involvement in the Stockwell campaign, creating those political posters and plastering them all over town.

No, Justin won’t have an easy time in Professor Higgins’s class this term. He just hopes that he passes the class, knowing that he’ll have to work extra hard to gain any recognition or respect for his artwork. He has his work cut out for him and isn’t looking forward to it. Some of Justin’s friends think he should talk to the Dean about his concerns. But Justin doesn’t want to stir up any more trouble than he already feels he’s in, and the last person he wants to know about his troubles is Brian.

~~~

Mel’s feeling sad today, knowing that Gus will be moving in with Brian and Justin soon. She knows that it’s for the best, but that doesn’t stop the tears on her face and her disappointment from coming to the surface. She can’t concentrate at work right now, so she leaves early. After going home and walking around the house, she’s amazed at how quiet it is without the kids at home.

She wanders around, running her fingers over all the surfaces as her memories come to the forefront and she daydreams about her past. She always thought that her and Lindsay were happy, always thought that they’d make it to the end. She really never saw this coming; it never even occurred to her that Lindsay would leave her like she did. She swallows down her emotions as they try and claw to the surface, determined not to let them get the best of her.

Slowly she starts gathering all the things that were Lindsay’s, all the things that remind her of their past. Soon she has the top of the dining room table filled with dishes, knick-knacks and sketches that Lindsay drew. Her initial reaction is to toss everything in the trash. But, as she stands there thinking about it, she realizes that someday Gus might need to have something that belonged to his mother. Someday when he’s older and can comprehend why she left the way she did.

She’s surprised that it only took her a couple of hours to gather all of Lindsay’s things from the rooms, packing them up in boxes and storing them in the basement. Everything except Lindsay’s clothes, which she’s packed for the women’s shelter so others can get some use out of them. Now as she walks around the house it feels freer; like a big weight has been lifted and she’s ready to start moving on with her life.

While she was extracting everything that was Lindsay’s she also rearranged the furniture, and rehung some of the artwork, making her own mark on her surroundings, finally releasing all the ghosts from their past. She’s busy vacuuming, and dusting the living room when she notices Justin come through the door. She’s grateful that he agreed to pick up Gus and JR and take them to Deb’s for a visit, while she transformed the house into a place of her own.

She’s surprised when Justin brings the kids in and sets the table for dinner. Deb insisted on sending home a pan of puttanesca, a big salad, and a loaf of garlic bread. Brian arrives a few minutes later with a nice bottle of merlot, and they all sit down as a family to eat dinner. Even though it’s a little odd at first, soon Mel realizes that in their own way, they are now a family and need to support each other.

All the bitterness that she and Brian always felt towards one another seems to have dissipated; they’re now allies working to keep their family together. She never thought that she’d see the day when Brian would become a responsible parent, but times sure have changed. She can’t help wondering if Lindsay has any idea how much her actions would initiate so many changes in all their lives.

Gus is excited about moving in with Brian and Justin. Mel has prepared all the paperwork finalizing Justin’s adoption of Gus. They’ve all decided that Gus will take Marcus as his middle name, and Taylor-Kinney as his last. It’s a little hard for Mel to let go, but Brian has made it clear that he still wants her to be part of Gus’s life, reassuring her that she’ll always be Gus’s mother. He’s even gone as far as to insist on helping her with the down payment on her new home, wanting her to have plenty of room to grow.

~~~

It’s Friday night and it’s been a long week. So much has happened and they’re ready to relax and enjoy the evening. Brian asks if Justin wants to go out and get a drink, or would he rather go home. It’s been a stressful day for both of them and they decide to go home. They’re lying with their backs against the headboard smoking a joint, as Justin shows Brian some of the sketches he’s drawn up of the next rooms to be remodeled.

Brian wants a big office for when he works from home. Justin’s designed a very classical look with a large desk and credenza. One wall has built-in bookshelves from floor to ceiling; behind the desk and above the credenza is a wall of windows. Incorporated on the wall directly in front of the desk is a big plasma screen TV so he can teleconference with the office and clients. And of course there’s a seating area with a leather sofa and a table and chairs.

Next he shows Brian what he has planned for his studio; he’s decided to redesign the sunroom. It has three walls of windows that let in lots of sunlight and will be great for painting. He’s designed an area to the left that’s very much like a galley kitchen, with two granite countertops. One with a sink in it facing the windows and lots of storage space underneath both, with a tall cabinet on the end where he can store his completed paintings.

He wants a drafting table for sketching and a couple of easels so he can work on multiple paintings at once. He’s decided that Gus should have his own little corner with a child-sized easel for painting. In the middle there’s a sitting area with a sofa and a couple of club chairs, along with a table and chairs for meetings for when he becomes rich and famous. He can’t help laughing as he says that, but Brian just grins, saying it will happen before he knows it.

They talk about what they want to do with the rest of the house, besides designing a guest room. Brian thinks it would be good to set up a room for Jenny Rebecca, knowing that there will inevitably be weekends that she spends with them, allowing Mel some private time to herself. Justin smiles back at his husband, loving how he now thinks about other people’s needs, no longer just his own. Then Brian leans over and gives him a big kiss that becomes passionate.


Justin sets his sketchbook down and rests his head on Brian’s stomach. Brian instinctually runs his hands through his hair, loving how soft and silky it is. He takes one last hit off the joint and sets the ashtray aside. It’s still hard for him to sometimes acknowledge that he’d rather spend a lazy night at home with his husband, instead of prowling Babylon for his next prey. He hardly recognizes himself these days, but he wouldn’t want it any other way. Miracles never cease...

Justin relaxes into Brian’s touch, releasing some of the tension from the day. Finally Brian nudges him, telling him that they should get undressed and comfortable under the covers. Justin gets a huge smile on his face as he slips out of his clothes. Then he helps Brian by running his hands down his chest until he finds his jeans zipper, lowering them so Brian can step out. Brian is going commando, so he springs out of his pants which brings a huge grin to his husband’s face. Justin slowly lowers himself to his knees, as he reaches out and brings Brian’s member to his lips.



As he fists Justin’s hair, Brian throws his head back, moaning in pleasure. Justin’s lips encompass him, taking him down his throat. Brian loves the feel of Justin’s soft wet lips sucking him gently, as he thrusts himself down his velvety tunnel. Soon Brian loses himself, thinking Justin is the best he’s ever had. Of course that might have something to do with him being his teacher. Several more thrusts and he’s right there tumbling over the edge, flowing down his throat.

He moans out Justin’s name as he looks down at his husband with admiration, loving how he always knows just what he needs. Justin stands up, bringing his arms around Brian’s neck as they share a sweet creamy kiss. Words of praise slip past his lips, as he whispers his appreciation of Brian being his husband. It’s the best decision that he’s ever made, and to think he almost lost him forever with his arrogant and self-centered behavior.

Justin continues kissing him as he pushes him back onto the bed, and they fall down together. They lie there holding each other close, feeling all the love they have for one another, wondering what took them so long to finally get here. Justin feels so good in Brian’s arms, and their bodies automatically react to one another’s touch. Soon Justin has that twinkle in his eyes, as he grinds himself against Brian, both leaking pre-cum across their tummies. Justin raises his eyebrows as he reaches into the nightstand and removes the lube and a condom. Soon he’s ready for action. Brian starts to roll over but Justin stops him, wanting to be able to see his face as he takes him.

The two kiss passionately as Justin brings Brian’s legs up onto his shoulders, looking deep into his eyes. Brian feels the cool gel as Justin slips a finger into him, then he relaxes to his touch. Justin pulls and stretches him, adding another finger, and then he circles his rosebud. Finally welcoming his stout cock he slides into him; Brian loves the feeling of being full, as Justin starts pushing back and forth. Soon Brian’s welcoming the intrusion as Justin glides deeper, caressing his prostate on each downward thrust. It doesn’t take long before Brian feels all those wonderful waves of pleasure spreading out to consume his senses. He whispers, “Yes, yes, right there! Oh God, Justin! Justin! Justin!”

Justin’s lost in his own world of bliss as he feels Brian’s body surrendering to him as he slips in and out of his husband. Just hearing Brian chant his name totally turns him on; he loves that Brian’s so comfortable with their newfound relationship. It wasn’t long ago when Brian was uncomfortable with allowing Justin to top him, but now it’s just part of their repertoire. Several more plunges and they’re both teetering on the edge. Justin takes Brian’s cock in his fist and jerks him off as they both fall over the edge together.

Justin’s head rests on Brian’s chest, as the two of them wait for their breathing to return to normal. Brian places soft kisses on the top of his head, loving the smell of his coconut shampoo and the pheromones as they assault his senses. Brian strokes his back as the two of them drift off to sleep, completely satiated from their session of love-making. They’re still wrapped up in each other’s arms when they wake the next morning, having gotten a good night’s sleep.

~~~

Mel rushes around, dressing Gus in his snowsuit, scarf and mittens so he’ll be ready when Justin arrives to take him sledding. After dinner last night Brian and Justin helped Gus make snowmen, or should we say a snow family out on the front lawn, complete with button eyes, hats and scarves, with sticks for arms and carrots for the noses. Brian tried to sneak cucumbers out for the snow daddies but Justin vetoed that idea, not wanting Mel to freak out.

They drove Justin’s new jeep into town thinking it would get better traction in the snow, after the new eight inches that fell last night. Justin drops Brian off at Kinnetik to finish up some paperwork and catch up on the work he missed earlier in the week. They make plans to join each other for lunch at the diner afterwards.

Justin and Gus are having a blast sledding at the local park/golf course. There are several long sloping hills that the local kids love to cross-country ski and sled down. After a couple of hours, and several hot chocolate breaks later, Gus is exhausted and ready to warm up and have lunch with his dad. You can hear the excitement in Gus’s voice as he describes sledding downhill with Justin. He explains that he was screaming at the top of his lungs, as the sled whipped through the snow at what seemed like the speed of light. Yet no matter how scared he was while they were flying down the hill, he insisted on doing it over and over again, truly waking up his inner daredevil.



Deb had the perfect remedy for Gus’s frozen bones - homemade vegetable and barley soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. Brian smiles, listening to Gus go on and on about his morning activities; he promises that he’ll go with him and Justin next time. Once they finish up at the diner they’re off to the public library. Gus is excited about getting his own library card. Even though he’s only six years old, Brian wants to start teaching him how to read, setting aside a special time just for him and Gus in the evenings to read together.

Justin suggests maybe Gus might want to write his own stories, mostly by drawing pictures, with them helping him write a few words on each page. It would be a way for Gus to vent his frustrations and fears and come to grips with all the changes he’s going through. Brian can’t help but think Justin is a genius, finding a way to help Gus express his feelings, while encouraging his drawing. He’s currently learning to write in his first-grade class, having already learned his ABCs in kindergarten.

~~~

They show him the comforter that Brian picked out for him. He likes the geometric pattern and is excited about his new bedroom. They decide to take Gus to the hardware store and let him pick out his own paint colors; he loves the idea of painting the walls two different shades of blue. Their contractor has promised them that he’ll have everything painted by Tuesday night, and the furniture is all set to be delivered on Wednesday. If everything works out right Gus could actually sleep in his new bedroom on Wednesday night.

So they all go back to Mel’s and started packing up Gus’s things. They leave him with enough clothes for the next week and his five favorite toys. Everything else is boxed up so the guys can move it today, and not have to worry about moving it in the middle of the week. Brian is amazed at how many toys Gus has as he remembers his own childhood. He promises himself that Gus will never experience that kind of pain. Of course Gus has outgrown some of the toys so they separate the ones he no longer plays with to either give them to Jenny, or donate them to charity.

For some reason, Gus has taken to calling his baby sister Jenny or Jenny Rebecca, now hating the nickname JR. He says it sounds like a stupid boy’s name. But Mel guesses that it might have something to do with the fact the Lindsay loved calling her that. Even though he rarely talks about Lindsay now, after Mel, Brian and Justin, sat him down and talked about Lindsay moving away, it’s obvious that he’s angry.

So they just go along with it and figure that he’ll have questions later on, or even a temper tantrum at some point. JR is really too young to be able to verbalize her emotions about Lindsay and Michael missing from her life, and she might not even remember them when she’s older. Justin’s worried that maybe Gus might need to talk with a children’s psychologist to help him understand about her leaving and to explain to him that it has nothing to do with him. They know that sometimes children internalize their feelings, especially when they don’t understand why things happen the way they have.

Brian couldn’t help thinking that Justin is a natural when it comes to fatherhood, unlike himself. He’s afraid that he might fuck it up and scar Gus for life. Of course Justin tries to reassure him that he’s a great father. He always does what he thinks is best for Gus, like when he gave up his parental rights which Justin totally disagreed with. But now that they have been restored, Brian has a second chance to do the right thing and be there for his son.

~~~

Later that afternoon they’re looking through paint swatches for the office and studio, trying to find the perfect colors. The house phone rings and Justin answers it; he’s slightly confused as he listens to the detective on the other end.

“I’m sorry, sir. Can you repeat that?”

“Yes, I’m calling to inform you that Pierre DuPont is being released from jail on Monday.”

“Jail? He was arrested? What’s this have to do with me?”

“The judge only ordered that he be held for a week, considering that this wasn’t his first arrest for breaking and entering.”

“Breaking and entering?”

“Yes, you’ll have to lodge an official complaint against him if you want to press charges.”

“Press charges?”

“Yes, as I explained to Mr. Schmidt when he was arrested, you might have to appear in court before the judge. And considering his past behavior, you might want to get a restraining order against him, since he has a history of stalking.”

Justin sinks down into the overstuffed chair, thoroughly confused by his conversation with the detective.

“I’m sorry. You’ll have to give me time to digest all this…”

Brian comes over and takes the phone from Justin.

“This is Brian Taylor-Kinney. May I ask what is going on? You seem to have upset my husband, leaving him confused with all your questions and insinuations.”

Brian listens as the detective explains the situation concerning Pierre DuPont.

“When exactly was he arrested?”

“Last Sunday at your residence. A Theodore Schmidt insisted that he be arrested.”

“I see, and you say he was caught breaking and entering?”

“Yes sir, and when his car was searched we found hundreds of photographs of your husband, Justin Taylor, that were taken over a period of time.”

“You’re kidding me?”

“No sir, I’m quite serious. It appears that he’s been stalking him for the last month or so, and he isn’t the first victim Mr. DuPont has had a fixation on.”

“So why is he being released, if he’s been stalking my husband?”

“Because the judge needs you to file an official complaint against him, to be able to hold him in jail. And as I suggested to your husband, you might want to get a restraining order put in place just in case he tries to bother you again.”

“But you just said that he would be held in jail once the complaint was lodged.”

“Yes, but after his arraignment he’ll be eligible to be released on bail until his hearing and forthcoming trial.”

“I see… Well, I’ll contact my attorney and have an official complaint filed with the court, as well as having a restraining order put in place.”

“Yes, I think that would be a good idea, Mr. Taylor-Kinney. He’ll be held until Monday morning, and then if no action is taken he’ll be released.”

“Thank you for bring this to our attention, and I’ll make sure my attorney starts working on this case immediately.”

“No problem, sir, and just so you know the local police will be patrolling your neighborhood to make sure everything is alright.”

“I appreciate that…”

Brian hangs up the phone and sits down on the arm of the chair Justin is sitting in. He runs his hand through his hair, and tells him everything will be alright.

“I had no idea he was stalking me. I know he seemed taken with me, and called me all the time but I always thought he was harmless. I never thought that he was dangerous, or anything.”

Brian knows now that he should have told Justin about Pierre’s client who had a restraining order issued against him last year, but, like Justin, he assumed he was harmless. The first thing Brian does is call a locksmith and have all the locks changed, then he insists that they upgrade the security system on the house. His third call is to Mel, so she can get the ball rolling first thing Monday morning, filing an official complaint against Pierre DuPont.

Finally his last phone call is to Ted to berate him for failing to tell him about Pierre breaking into the house last Sunday. Just the thought of him lurking around their house send chills up his spine, and he worries for Justin and Gus’s safety. He can’t help that he’s overprotective of his boys, wanting to make sure they’re safe at all times. Now he’s grateful that Justin fired him, hating the idea that he might still be actively involved in their lives.

“God, Brian, how could I not see this coming?”

Justin paces, letting the stress get to him. Finally he decides to go make dinner; cooking always centers him. Thank Goodness he just went grocery shopping and the fridge and cupboards are full. Soon he’s chopping garlic and onions, sautéing them to start making his killer marinara sauce. He decides to make fresh pasta to go with it, even though he knows that Brian will complain about the carbs as he comes back for seconds. He loves Justin’s cooking, although he swears that he’s going to gain ten pounds if Justin keeps this up.

“Oh shut up and open a bottle of wine. You know you love it.”

“Yes dear... You’re making garlic bread too, aren’t you?”

“Well, let’s see…”

Brian comes up behind him, starting to tickle him as he squirms.

“I guess that would be a yes. I wouldn’t want to disappoint you, but don’t worry, I’m also making a big salad with a homemade vinaigrette.”

“I knew there was a reason I married you.”

“Oh, and here I thought it had something to do with my bubble butt?”

“Well… That too.”

Brian nuzzles his neck, running kisses across his cheek until he reaches his mouth, and then he leans him over backwards, kissing him passionately, leaving him breathless.

~~~



Michael’s sulking. Emmett had just left after having visited him for the first time since he’s been incarcerated. First he was angry that he didn’t visit earlier, trying to make Emmett feel sorry for him. He told him how horrible it is in the hospital, and how he hated being around all the crazy people but it didn’t seem that bad to Em. The grounds were scenic and the visitor’s room was large and spacious with lots of different sitting areas. He has a bedroom to himself; Debbie had bought him an IPod and lots of books to read. He even has his old comforter from his childhood with Captain Astro on it. He seems pretty settled in and his medication seems to be working. He even gets along well with Dr. Edwards.

Although it was awkward when Emmett first got there, after a little while they both seemed comfortable. Em got him caught up on the gang’s activities, telling him about Ted’s new boyfriend, Jerry; he even told him about Lindsay moving to Paris. Michael was really surprised like everyone else was, when they heard that she had married Sam. Then he freaked out a little when he mentioned that Gus was going to live with Brian and Justin fulltime, and that Justin was adopting him. He refused to believe that Brian would choose to be a fulltime father, or that Brian and Justin were actually married.

Things started going downhill from there; he complained that Deb was abandoning him by marrying Carl. He didn’t understand why she needed to be married at all, and he thinks that Carl is trying to come between them, which is ridiculous because she and Carl have been together for a couple of years now. He actually said he forbade her to marry him, and he started pouting. Then it happened… He asked about Ben…

Emmett was a little hesitant at first because he didn’t know how Michael was going to react. He reminded Michael that he and Ben had split up, and were now divorced. Michael agreed that they weren’t together anymore but he was just curious how he was doing. So Emmett bit the bullet, saying that they had become good friends recently. That they were very close and had actually started seeing each other. Michael was crushed, then he said lots of mean and spiteful things to Emmett, accusing him of trying to split him and Ben up, saying that he was no longer his friend.

Soon he started to become hysterical, and one of the nurses started giving Michael the stink eye, cautioning him to settle down. Emmett was shocked by his behavior, and of course he felt terrible that he had upset him so much. He really thought that Michael had gotten over Ben. After all he agreed that he wanted the divorce, and that he had fallen out of love with him quite a while ago. But apparently he still harbored ill feelings towards him, hating that he’d found happiness after they split up.

Once he was outside in the parking lot Em called Teddy, asking him to meet him for a drink at Woody’s. He needed someone to talk to about all this. He’s upset as he has never seen Michael acting so out of control. It was like he was a completely different person - belligerent, verging on dangerous. Emmett was still shaking when he got to the parking lot at Woody’s so he just sat in his car trying to calm himself. He now understood why Michael needed to be hospitalized and on medication; the man was totally out of his mind.

Emmett jumped when Ted knocked on his window, asking if he was okay. He coaxed him to come into Woody’s and have a drink to calm his nerves. They sat in a booth in the back, drinking round after round (of course Ted only had club soda) as Emmett told him about his confrontation with Michael.

“It was so strange. He was fine one minute, and then as soon as he heard something he didn’t like, he became angry. He couldn’t stand to hear anything he didn’t agree with; he was like a small child throwing a temper tantrum.”

“That sounds frightening. Are you okay?”

“No, no, absolutely not. He totally shocked me the way he was acting. I mean, it’s not like he didn’t already know that Deb was engaged, or that Brian and Justin were married. He even agreed that he and Ben were through; it’s like he couldn’t accept that everyone was moving on with their lives.”

“Yeah, Deb kind of alluded to him being in denial. We always knew he was jealous of Justin’s relationship with Brian, but him lashing out at Deb and you. That’s really scary, and the idea of him becoming violent is just too much.”

“I’m really worried about him. I never thought that he was this bad off. It’s like he’s just angry with the world, blaming all his troubles on everyone else.”

“You have to admit, he’s never taken adversity well, always expecting others to fix everything.”



Emmett signals to the bartender for another round, but Ted waves him away, saying that he thinks he’s had enough for one evening, offering to take him home. At first Emmett tries to complain, but then he agrees he could use some rest.

~~~

Leda calls on Sunday morning, letting Mel know that she’s put her house on the market. She’s also been applying online for jobs in the Pittsburgh area. Then she mentions that she saw an advertisement in one of the trade magazines, for a position in the art department at Kinnetik. Even though she doesn’t have any experience in advertising, she’s a talented artist, and asks if Mel thinks she should apply for the position.

Mel thinks about how Leda’s always been very independent, working freelance, picking and choosing her assignments. She’s not sure Leda would fit into a nine-to-five job. But then again they’re both growing up, and maybe this is just what she needs right now in her life. She finally says that it couldn’t do any harm to send them her resume.

Mel gets her caught up with everything that’s going on with Gus; she even seems pretty well adjusted to the changes that are coming. She also has her house on the market, hoping that it sells fast. She just wants a fresh start some place new, so she can let go of the past and stop replaying the last month over and over again in her head.

Leda mentions that she has a few interviews set up for next week, and she plans to stay through the weekend. They make plans to go house hunting while she’s here and the two of them start planning their life together. Mel mentions the townhouses that Ben is moving into, and suggests that maybe they might want to check them out. Finally things start to look like they’re turning around for Mel, as she looks forward to her future.

~~~

Over coffee and the Sunday paper Emmett tells Deb about his visit yesterday to see Michael. She’s sympathetic, knowing how easily Michael can turn on a dime; she’s at her wits’ end trying to figure out how to help him. As much as she loves him, she’s finally having the life she’s always dreamed about. She’s excited about planning her wedding and honeymoon. She wants him to be happy for her, but she’s not going to change her plans just because Michael feels threatened by Carl’s place in her life.

She wonders if she’s still pampering him too much, even with him in the hospital. She thinks she might be co-dependent, always making excuses for his behavior. She knows that it’s not healthy for either of them, and starts to think that it would be better if she didn’t visit him as often as she does. Although it breaks her heart to think of Michael there all alone, maybe it would be good for him to finally have to go it alone and be honest with himself.

So after talking with Dr. Edwards it’s decided that she’ll take a break for a month or so and not see Michael during that time. Even though it will be hard on both of them, in the long run, hopefully, it will help kick start Michael’s therapy sessions. He’ll be able to voice his frustrations, and finally start searching for ways to accept reality and become a man, releasing his needy child from within. So Debbie sees him one last time, telling him how much she loves him, but they need to spend some time apart. He, of course, doesn’t take the news well, and tries everything he can to make her feel guilty for deserting him. He’s shocked when his tactics don’t work, as he’s always been able to manipulate her before, and this just makes him ever angrier than usual.

It doesn’t help when Mel shows up later that day with a custody order signed by a judge, relinquishing all his rights to Jenny Rebecca. Mel explains that she has to do what’s in Jenny’s best interest. That once he’s released from prison or the hospital, and gotten himself a good job and a place to live, he can always petition the courts for joint custody. But he’ll have to show that he’s mentally stable, and able to not only support himself, but also contribute to Jenny Rebecca’s wellbeing.

Michael flies off the handle, screaming at her, calling her a manipulative bitch, saying that she can’t do this to him. He’s finally left alone crying, knowing that there’s no way he’ll ever get joint custody again. He couldn’t even afford to contribute to her support before any of this happened. It will be even less likely that he’ll be able to do so in the future. He’s desperate, needing a friend. Once he’s calmed down he convinces the nurse to let him make a phone call. Of course Brian’s phone rolls over to voice mail, and Michaels leaves a hysterical message asking for Brian’s help. But Brian just erases it without even listening to it.

~~~

Brian and Justin meet with Jake, their contractor, to go over the plans for the house: Gus’s bedroom, the kitchen, bathrooms, office and Justin’s studio. They want to finish Gus’s room first so he can move in later this week. It really only involves painting the walls and trim, and hanging the wooden blinds. Jake recommends his friend, Tim to make the cabinets, bookcases and cupboards for the kitchen, office and studio. Justin’s set up a time to meet with Tim in the morning and go over the designs.

Jake also suggested that they go and pick out the rest of the granite and marble for the countertops and bathroom tiles. After Jake leaves Justin suggests that maybe the green and black granite they picked out for the kitchen counters could be used in the pool house kitchen. He thinks that maybe he’d like to use black granite with grey veins running through it in the kitchen, painting the cabinets red with stainless steel appliances. Brian just grins, loving Justin’s new kitchen ideas.

Brian wants mahogany for his office bookcases and furniture, to give it that dark rich feeling, with matching wooden blinds for the windows. They’ve made arrangements to meet tomorrow when Brian gets off work to pick out the rest of the countertops. Justin doesn’t have any classes on Mondays. He’s planned it that way so he’d always have a three-day weekend, allowing him to work in his studio or do homework with his free time. They spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing and messing around, until they have to leave for dinner at Deb’s that evening.

~~~

When they finally arrive everyone else is already there discussing Michael when they walk in. Debbie told them about Dr. Edwards’ decision to give Michael some space to become more self-reliant. He needs to find his inner strength and start believing in himself, instead of others. This will probably be one of the hardest things she’s ever done, but if it helps Michael then it will be worth it. Michael won’t be allowed any visitors for the next four to six weeks, not that anyone else ever visited him anyways.

The rest of the evening they talk about Brian and Justin’s plans for the house and after dinner Emmett and Deb make plans for her and Carl’s wedding. Brian’s grateful they went away and got married, without all the hoopla from the family putting their two cents worth in, although the gang did razz them about not having a reception for their friends and family. After much taunting from everyone, Justin finally got Brian to agree that after they come back from Ibiza, they would have a formal dinner for everyone.

Emmett can’t resist nagging Mel about her and Leda, but she stood her ground saying one unsuccessful marriage was enough for her, although she’s excited about moving, and spends much of the evening with Jennifer discussing what she wanted in a new house. Brian tries to ignore most of the family, as he sits on the floor with Gus. They’re playing with his blocks, building an airport hangar for several of his toy planes; this week he wants to grow up and become a pilot.

By the time they made it home Sunday night they were both exhausted. It had been a long week and the coming week looked just as hectic, but by this time next week Gus will be living with them. Brian’s excited and a little nervous at the same time. He has never been totally responsible for Gus before, and he wonders if he can handle it. Justin reassures him that they’re going to be great. Sure they’ll have a learning curve at first, but once everyone settles into their new roles it would all come naturally to them.

Justin’s brushing his teeth, while Brian checks his messages. He had turned his phone off while they were at Deb’s, thinking everyone who could call him was already there. He’s surprised to find a half dozen messages from Michael waiting for him. His first response is just to delete them again, but he can’t help wondering what he wants. What could be so important? He sets his phone aside to wait until morning to decide what he wants to do.

Justin comes into the bedroom looking very sexy, as he wiggles his bubble butt at his husband. He climbs up on the bed, with his luscious ass calling out to Brian, beckoning him to join him in bed. He loves it when Justin is playful with him, and his body responds accordingly. He pulls his shirt off then his jeans become a little too tight as they start tenting. He naturally cups himself just before he unzips and slips them off.

He can hardly turn away from Justin’s heart-shaped ass as he climbs up onto the bed to cover Justin’s body with his. He runs kisses up his spine and then licks towards his left ear, knowing that it drives him crazy. Justin shivers with desire as he feels Brian’s cock brush against his ass. He instinctually moans, excited about what’s to come. Brian rocks his dick between his cheeks. His balls swing, bumping into Justin’s ass.

Justin releases a breathy “Brian” almost begging him to take him. Overcome with passion Brian whispers, “Patience, my dear boy. All in good time.”

Justin raises his ass for more contact with Brian’s member. Brian slips his arm around his waist and pulls him up onto his knees, while kissing and nibbling on Justin’s neck. Justin can’t help panting as he waits for Brian’s next move. Soon he hears the familiar sound of the foil wrapper ripping open, knowing that Brian is sheathing himself. He’s already becoming heady from the longing and need he feels, wishing that Brian would just penetrate him and stop teasing him.

He doesn’t even realize that he’s begging again as he softly chants, “Brian! Brian! Brian!”

Then he feels the cool gel at his opening, and Brian’s fingers gently circling him, spreading the lubricant around to prepare him for Brian’s long cock. Brian aligns himself and then pushes in, breaching his tight ring of muscle, then gliding deep into him. Justin’s immediate reaction is to push back, taking more of Brian’s length into his tight channel.

“Oh, God! Yes! Yes! Yes!”

Soon Brian’s pumping in a steady rhythm, bringing them both closer with each downward thrust. Justin’s already filled with passion, as he feels all those wonderful sensations building from deep within. He closes his eyes, seeing all the bright colors flashing behind his lids. Brian works his dick in his fist, pumping him frantically until they’re both overcome. Justin flows over Brian’s hand, dripping down onto the sheets, as Brian fills the condom until he’s spent and satisfied.

Justin rests his head on the mattress, while Brian rests his head between Justin’s shoulder blades. It takes them both a few moments to catch their breath.

“Fuck Brian, you’re amazing… You always know just what I need.”

“I love you too, sunshine…”

TBC…