- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Brian and Justin go on an emotional roll-a-coaster…

Title: The Offer Still Stands…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 7131
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Anti-Michael, Passion and Lust…
Beta Queen: bigj52


Summary: Brian and Justin go on an emotional roll-a-coaster…

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…


The Offer Still Stands…

Chapter 18 ~ Fear and Loathing

Justin sits at the kitchen counter drinking some of Brian’s very strong French roast as he wakes up to a beautiful morning. The sun is shining brightly, lightening up all the rooms, making them feel warm and inviting. He wanders around with his coffee in hand, envisioning each room. He’s designing them in his head, so they feel more like his and Brian’s. He’s brought out of his daydreaming when he hears someone knocking at the front door.

It’s Jake; he and his painting crew have arrived, ready to start on Gus’s room. They’re carrying drop cloths and ladders to prep the room, while someone else measures the windows for the wooden blinds. Jake, Tim and Justin walk around the house, looking at the kitchen, studio and Brian’s office. Tim, the cabinetmaker, will be building all the cabinets and built-ins they need. Justin goes into great detail about how he wants each and every room to be completed. Tim takes extensive notes and measures all the spaces so he can start ordering the necessary materials.

Justin can’t help but feel he’s met Tim before. He can only imagine where it was, probably at Babylon or the baths, especially considering the sideways glances Tim keeps giving him. He just prays that Tim lets it go, not wanting to get into it with him, or to be made to feel uncomfortable about the situation. Justin’s grateful when they continue the conversation about the needs and uses of the cabinets with the extra design elements.

In the kitchen they’ll be using pull-out shelves for the bottom cabinets, and self-closing drawers. Afterwards Justin spends some time looking through a book of photos, showing some of their completed projects. This gives him a better feel for the design details he wants to incorporate into the house. Justin explains his new ideas for the kitchen, changing the color scheme to black and red with hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances.




Finally Justin excuses himself and lets them get to work. He goes into the living room and starts reading his homework assignment for Art History. He can’t concentrate because he’s racking his brain, trying to remember where he’s met Tim before. Maybe it was at the diner? There’s always so many people eating there, and they all start to run together after a while. A few minutes later he’s back to studying his textbook, forgetting all about the cabinetmaker. A couple hours pass and he starts to get hungry, so he goes into the kitchen to make a sandwich. He stops in the doorway when he sees Tim scrolling through their honeymoon pictures, unaware that he’s been caught.

“Is there something you needed on my laptop?”

Tim jumps, startled by Justin’s appearance in the doorway. He knows he’s been caught, but he tries to make up an excuse to cover his ass anyways.

“I was just using your computer to check the availability of the mahogany needed for Brian’s studio. I hope that’s not a problem?”

Justin’s floored by the audacity of Tim lying to him. And how did he know Brian’s name? Now he’s sure they’ve met at the baths or Babylon.

“Yes, it is a problem! How dare you look through my private photos, and then lie to me about it! I won’t tolerate this kind of behavior. How can I trust you in my house if you show this kind of disrespect towards me?”

“I’m sorry, Taylor. It won’t happen again.”

“It’s Mr. Taylor-Kinney, and if it does you’ll be fired immediately. Is that understood?”

Tim’s seething, hating that he has to answer to this little twink. But he bites his tongue and replies, “Yes, Mr. Taylor.” Fuck, if he’s going to call him Mr. Taylor-Kinney.

Justin is livid; he wants to fire him right now on the spot. But he thinks better of it, knowing that they want the remodel to be done as soon as possible. Justin walks across the room and takes the laptop off the kitchen counter. He notices that it’s open to a photograph of Brian, standing naked, looking out the suite window at the snowcapped mountains. He just hopes they don’t have another Pierre working for them.

~~~

Mel is just leaving court, after filing the restraining orders against Pierre DuPont and Ethan Gold. Brian decided that if she was going into court already to file the first restraining order, he might as well have one issued against the slimy chin-rat too. The judge has set a court date for Pierre’s breaking and entering case for next week, and the restraining orders go into effect immediately. There never seems to be a shortage of people that have pissed off Brian these days; she just hopes the list stops growing.

She stops at the diner after court and sees Emmett sitting in the back. She slides in across from him and turns her coffee cup over, indicating she wants some of the toxic brew. It’s slow this time of the morning, so Debbie slides in next to Mel asking how everything’s going. And if Gus is excited about his move to Britin. Mel just smiles and says he’s excited. But she’s worried of course; she can’t help thinking about how much she’s going to miss him.

She knows it’s selfish for her to only think about her feelings, but all of this is still so raw for her emotionally. She’s grateful that Leda will be back on Thursday for her job interviews, and they’ll have the weekend to spend time together. Brian and Justin have offered to take Jenny Rebecca on Saturday night, so they can have some private time for just the two of them. As leery as she is about Brian, she thinks this co-parenting thing with Brian and Justin just might be a life saver considering her work schedule.

Emmett hates to eat and run, but he needs to hurry to the party rental store and select all the things he needs for several of his upcoming weddings. With spring just around the corner, it seems that everyone wants to get married and he’s never been busier.


~~~

Brian sits at his desk, going over the storyboards for Liberty Air. They’re expanding into the southwest and are starting a new ad campaign featuring flights to New Mexico, Arizona and California. The ads highlight the deep pink and purple sunsets that are so spectacular and the southwest is known for. Brian’s lost, looking at the stud models posing in their uniforms. They’re featured standing in front of the plane windows near the flight service station, helping passengers.

Cynthia buzzes him, telling him that Tim McCall is there to see him. Brian crinkles up his nose and wonders who he is and why he’s here. Cynthia shows him into Brian’s office just as Brian stands.

“How can I help you, Jim?”

Tim’s thrown off his game a little when Brian calls him the wrong name but he holds out his hand to shake Brian’s.

“It’s Tim, Tim McCall. Don’t you remember me?”

“Ah no. Have we met before?”

Tim blushes a little and says, “Well yes. We had a three-way with your twink at Babylon six months or so ago.”

Brian raises his eyebrows in question.

“Oh… And what? You’re pregnant?”

Tim blushes again. “That’s funny,” he says as he starts laughing gregariously.

“It’s not that funny. Now what can I do for you?”

“I’ve brought the wood samples for your office remodel. I thought that we could look them over.”

“Justin’s handling all of the details for the house, you should know that. Why are you here bothering me?”

“Well… You caught me. I thought that maybe we could have a replay. Only this time it could be just the two of us?”

Brian looks at him with a critical eye. “Yeah, Justin handles all those details as well.”

“Oh, come on, Brian, what could a little afternoon delight hurt?”

“It’s Mr. Taylor-Kinney to you, and you should know I never do repeats.”

“But it was so good between us last time. Are you sure you don’t want a replay? I’ll promise, I won’t tell your twink.”

“He’s my husband. He stopped being my twink a long time ago. In case you didn’t notice he’s rather well endowed, and not some little pipsqueak.”

“Don’t tell me you two don’t fuck around on each other?”

Brian just glares at him with his hands on his hips.

“He really has you trained well… My, how the Great God Kinney has fallen.”

“Get the fuck out of here, and don’t come back. If anything like this happens again, I’ll see to it that Jake fires you, and not only from this job.”

Tim raises his eyebrows provocatively and cups his cock, saying, “You don’t know what you’re missing.”

“Really? I thought you just said I’ve had you before?”

With that Brian slams his office door and instructs Cynthia not to let him back into the building. He can’t help but wonder how Justin’s interactions with Tim have gone today. He just hopes Tim cuts out all the bullshit, and just does his job.

~~~

Michael pouts as he writes frantically in his journal, expressing his emotions. He’s angry that Brian hasn’t returned any of his calls. For the first time it occurs to him that maybe Brian was serious, that he doesn’t want to continue their friendship. He has been making up excuses in his head for why Brian hasn’t been to visit him, saying that he’s busy with work, or he’s been out of town traveling, pitching new campaign ideas to prospective clients.

Although in the back of his mind he knows that Brian and Justin have gotten married, it’s still so hard for him to accept. He can’t help but feel like Justin has somehow stolen what should have been his life but sitting here in his room alone, he replays the last five years in his head. Looking back on it, it all seems so impossible to miss. It seems from that very first morning, when Brian insisted on driving him to school, things were already changing. He would never have cared how a trick got home, or to work before that.

Hell, it even started before that, if Michael’s honest. The fact that Brian brought Justin with him to the hospital when Gus was born, then let him name him. Yes, Justin was already slipping in under the wire, only no one noticed it at that time. Even if they did, it wouldn’t have made any difference. Justin had already stolen a piece of Brian’s heart, and he never loosened his grip, not even to this day. As much as it kills Michael to admit this, he knows the same is true for Brian. Even though he’ll never admit it, he fell in love with Justin practically at first sight.

Just getting that down on paper helped him release some of his loathing, and for the first time in his life he questions why he hates himself so much. Even though his actions were always directed at others, the truth is, it was himself that he was disgusted with. Why did he always have to blame others for his unhappiness, always needing others to give him his self-worth? He was always insecure, and self-defeating, never believing in himself. He shied away from fights as a young boy, instead of just coming out swinging, learning to take what was coming and move on.

He’s always blamed his mother for being over protective, even when Brian punched him in the eye at Mel and Lindsay’s party. She didn’t even wait to find out why Brian would do something like that, and Lord knows he’s deserved it for that remark about Justin. Yes, it’s obvious now that he’s always had a dysfunctional relationship with his mother, and of course he blames her for that as well.

The more he writes in his journal, the more self-introspection he has, and he doesn’t like himself very much. He’s not quite ready to take responsibility for his mood swings, or actions but he’s finally ready to admit that he doesn’t like himself very much these days. Maybe he’s finally hit the bottom; he just doesn’t know how to start crawling out of his bottomless pit. Even though he can’t see it, he’s finally making some real progress. Now if he’ll just let Dr. Edwards help him.



~~~

It is Monday afternoon when the house phone rings and Dr. Hassan’s nurse asks to speak with Mr. Taylor-Kinney. She explains that she wasn’t able to reach him on his cell phone. She felt it was necessary to contact him immediately as she’s concerned about his blood tests. She asks him to come into the office that afternoon to rerun the blood work from last Friday.

Brian’s just getting out of his staff meeting and is surprised that Justin is waiting for him in his office.

“Didn’t we agree to meet at five o’clock?”

“Yes, but… You have an appointment with Doctor Hassan in an hour.”

“Oh?”

Now looking closer at his husband he can see that he’s seething just under the surface. He tries his best to assure Justin that he didn’t mean to deceive him, he just didn’t want him to worry. Justin’s not buying any of it. He says, “Gather your things. We’re leaving immediately, and don’t even try and argue with me.”

They walk in silence to the jeep. Brian’s looking rather sheepish as he takes a seat on the passenger’s side. He wonders how long it will be before Justin even speaks to him again, but he doesn’t have to wait long.

“How could you? How could you not tell me about seeing Dr. Hassan?”

“It was just a routine appointment. I didn’t want to worry you.”

Justin just glares at him, giving him a death stare.

“We’re married, Brian! For Christ sakes… No secrets, remember?”

“Justin… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you.”

Justin’s back to glaring at him. “Don’t push me, Brian. I’m not in the mood.”

“What did Dr. Hassan say?”

“Your blood tests came back abnormal; he wants to redo them.”

“I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.”

Justin’s back to glaring at him again…

“You don’t know that! Don’t try and make light of this. You know how serious this might be.”

“Justin, please…”

“No Brian, don’t… Just don’t! I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you… How dare you discount my feelings? God, Brian, I love you so much.”

Now Justin has tears running down his face, he’s so distraught. Brian reaches over when they stop at a street light, and wipes them away.

“I’m sorry. I really am. I never meant for you to get hurt. But trust me, I’m sure it’s nothing. Probably just some mix-up.”

“It better be, otherwise I’m going to kill you. You hear me, mister! And if you ever withhold information from me again, I swear you’re never getting laid…”

Brian can’t help smirking, even though he knows Justin is probably going to smack him as soon as he parks the car. He sneaks a look at his husband, hoping he can make him he see the humor in his threat. Justin looks back at him, crying again.

“Oh God, Brian, what if something’s really wrong? I can’t on go without you.”

“So you want to make a suicide pact?”

That brought a smile to his face. “God, I hate you so much sometimes.”

He reaches out and squeezes his thigh. “Everything’s going to be fine. You’ll see, and I promise to never leave you in the dark again. Okay?”

“You promise?”

Justin parks the car, and Brian leans over and pulls him into his arms to hold him tight. Some of the stress Justin’s feeling dissipates as Brian rubs circles across his back, relaxing him.

“Now, let’s go see Dr. Hassan and get these tests over with. Then we’ll go get a drink at Woody’s and maybe I’ll even take you out to dinner.”

“Okay. But some place nice. Not the diner or Thai.”

“Wherever you want.”

~~~

Carl sits patiently listening to Deb as she drones on about her big ideas for their small wedding. The truth is it’s just fine with him if she wants to go big. After all that’s one of the things he likes about her but he can’t help wondering if she really thinks she’s planning a small wedding. Even though the head count will be small, under fifty, her plans include everything from a full-on Catholic Church service, to Jenny Rebecca as the flower girl even though she’s barely two years old.

She’s planning on asking Jennifer to be her maid of honor, and Mel her bridesmaid. Carl can just imagine what Mel’s reaction will be. He’s not sure he’s ever even seen her in anything other than pants, and questions if she even owns a dress or skirt.

He never realized all the details involved in planning a wedding. Not only does she want a glamorous wedding dress, she thinks she needs another outfit to depart from the wedding reception. And then there’s the decorations, flowers for the altar, bouquets for everyone, center pieces for the tables, rose petals for the flower girl to throw on the runner, gift bags placed on the tables with Jordan almonds or chocolates, or both.

She also wants a formal sit-down dinner, an open bar, champagne toasts, and of course, a huge wedding cake. He wonders what happened to the idea of running away to Las Vegas. Then there’s his pride as Brian’s offered to pay for the wedding and he’s going to need all the financial help he can get. He’s just not sure if he should be offended, or grateful, at this point.

And let’s not forget the honeymoon. Deb’s now got it in her head that she wants to go to France or Italy, maybe both. At this rate he’ll never be able to retire. Hell, it will cost him all of his retirement savings just to pay for this shindig. He’s trying not to get stressed out, but he can’t help thinking he needs a drink, even if it’s only three o’clock in the afternoon. Where’s Emmett when he needs him?

He spaced out for a few minutes, overcome with all the details and apparently now she’s moved on to his attire. She wants him to wear a classic black tuxedo complete with tails and cummerbund. He has visions of himself stuffed into an under-sized suit with his stomach protruding over the damn sash, as he walks around looking more like a penguin than a groom.

You’d think the flushed cheeks, and the beads of sweat forming on his brow would be a clue for Deb to slow down. But apparently she’s lost in her own world of sugar-plum fairies, and formal dining to focus on her soon-to-be-passed-out fiancé. He tries to get her attention, but the only sound coming out of his mouth is a slightly gurgled gasp that barely registers a blip on her radar. She moves on to jewelry, and how much she wants diamond earrings. She actually asks if it would be too much for her to wear a diamond tiara instead of a veil.

At this point Carl thinks he needs to lie down before he has a heart attack. Debbie’s still rambling on about what’s appropriate to wear, a shawl or maybe a mink stole, oblivious to Carl’s need for air. She hardly notices him get up and make his way to the kitchen for the bottle of Beam. He’s never been more grateful that Brian brought it with him to one of the family dinners several weeks ago.

After a few shots of the burning liquid flowing down his throat, he hears her asking if he wants a groom’s cake; he’s never even heard of a groom’s cake. Then she tells him that Emmett’s offered to host his bachelor’s party; he can only wonder what a gay bachelor’s party would involve but one thing he’s sure of - the last thing Emmett would plan is a buxom blond jumping out of some cake. He thinks he’s headed for a nervous breakdown, and wonders if Michael has space in his room at the sanitarium for an overnight guest.

“Carl… Carl, are you listening to me? What’s wrong, honey? You don’t look so good.”

He’s white as a ghost as his nerves get the best of him, and he tries to remember what she was saying. He’s never been more thankful when the phone rings, and he’s been called back to the station for an interrogation in the arrest of one of the suspects in his bank robbery case. He kisses Deb on the cheek, and tells her to continue planning whatever she wants for their wedding without him. Not that he’d have any say in what she decides anyways.




~~~

Hunter and Terry are shooting hoops out back, practicing for the game Friday night. They’re getting hot after running around for the last half hour. Terry takes off his jersey, showing off his taut muscles as he wipes the sweat from his brow. Hunter can’t help checking him out, as he flashes his abs. He pulls him back behind the garage, kissing him passionately. Finally they break for air and slide down to the ground.

Terry takes out a joint and lights it, handing it to Hunter. They sit and smoke it with silly grins on their faces as they become stoned. Soon their hands wander all over each other, excited by one another’s touch. They’re both sporting woodies as they grind against each other, letting their passion take them away. Terry soon has Hunter on his back in the tall grass, as he slides a condom down his hard cock, and lubes Hunter up. The thrill of being a teenager and in love overtakes them. Any trace of inhibition they might feel is soon lost in their passion.

It isn’t until they hear someone whistle that they’re brought out of their sexual haze, and realize that they’re being watched by the neighborhood boys. At first they’re freaked out, and think that maybe the guys are threatening them. But they soon realize that the guys are frantically working themselves into oblivion, just watching them. Hunter jumps up and pulls Terry with him, so they can continue their routine behind a locked bedroom door, not wanting to be caught twice in one day.

~~~




Dr. Hassan greets Brian and Justin apologizing for the mishap at the lab. Apparently several blood samples were mislabeled, making it necessary for the blood tests to be performed again. Brian grins, squeezing Justin’s hand to reassure him that it wasn’t anything serious. Justin’s relieved by the news, but also makes it clear that Brian will never exclude him from his health check-ups in the future.

Then he asks Dr. Hassan if he could run an HIV screening for both of them. They want to be certain in June when they go to Ibiza that they have a clean bill of health, and can finally make love the way it’s meant to be. Once they’re finished having their blood drawn, Justin announces that he wants to go out for sushi. Brian hesitates, wondering if he should tell Justin about Tim’s visit this afternoon, but Justin’s in a really good mood and he hates the idea of spoiling that. So he decides to wait until later before he comes clean about his admirer.

Ted calls as they’re leaving the doctor’s office, asking where Brian is. He’s shocked that Brian left so early, knowing that they were swamped at work right now.

“I didn’t know I had to check in with you, updating you on my comings and goings, Theodore?”

“It’s not that. I was just surprised. I came down to your office with all the accounts payable checks for you to sign, and was surprised that you had left. That’s all…”

“Theodore. What’s really bothering you?”

“Nothing, no, nothing, really Bri.”

“Spill it… I know you better than this.”

“Oh, alright. I just wanted to ask you if it was alright if I took Friday off. Jerry’s flying into town on Tuesday to work with the focus groups for the new line of flavors for Greek Goddess Yogurt. We planned on going to the country for a long weekend.”

“Yes, I already know that.”

“You do?”

“Yes, Ted. You should know by now that Emmett is the biggest gossip queen in all of Pittsburgh.”

“Oh, yeah, right. Okay, so it’s alright if I leave after the focus group on Thursday?”

“Isn’t it at ten o’clock in the morning?”

“Well… Yeah, but…”

“God, Ted, you’re too gullible. Of course you can have a long weekend with your steady boyfriend.”

“You can barely say it without hurling, can you?”

“Whatever.”

“I just think it’s funny coming from a newlywed.”

“Remind me to fire you first thing in the morning. Bye, Teddy.”

“Thanks, Bri, you know you’re getting soft in your old age.”

“Ted, never, and I mean never, say I’m going soft, or old age to me in a sentence again. Or you really will be fired.”

“Zipping, zipping.”

~~~

Ben’s grading homework when Emmett arrives. He’s brought with him the makings for a pesto pizza, with portabella mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, and black olives. He starts making the crust, kneading it, and then waiting for it to rise. When he finishes chopping the vegetables he asks when Hunter will be home. Ben checks the clock and is surprised when he sees how late it is, and he hasn’t heard from him yet. That’s when they hear the water running in the shower, and laughter echoing down the stairs.

“I didn’t realize he was home, or that he had company.”

Of course they know who’s upstairs with him, and Ben wonders if he should have a talk with Hunter. But it would be a little redundant, considering his sexual history. What would he say? He doesn’t want to make Hunter feel self-conscious about his past, and he certainly knows all about safe sex. The only thing Ben’s worried about is another scene like the one with Callie’s parents. But he knows that he needs to let Hunter tell Terry in his own way, he just hopes that it’s not the disaster it was last time.

Ben’s setting the table when Terry and Hunter come into the dining room.

“Wow, that smells great! Emmett must be cooking tonight.”

Hunter couldn’t help the little dig he made towards Ben’s cooking.

“Sorry, dad, it’s just sometimes you make the weirdest diners. And well, Em just seems to know what I like to eat.”

“I wasn’t sure if you’d eat a pesto pizza, so I also made a traditional pepperoni and ham pizza.”

“That sounds great. You don’t mind if Terry stays for dinner, do you, dad?”

“Of course not. I was just going to ask him to stay. But he needs to call his folks and let them know where he is.”

“That’s cool. They already know that I came here after school to practice shooting hoops. So I’m sure it’s okay.”

While Terry’s calling his parents, Hunter spots the chocolate chip cookies that Em made earlier this afternoon. He grabs a couple for both him and Terry. “What? I’m starving.”

Ben just smiles. He catches himself before he sounds totally like a parent, telling him not to spoil his dinner because Hunter never has a problem eating if there’s food on the table.

~~~

Justin takes a sip of his wine as he cruises the menu, which is totally unnecessary because he always gets a California roll, sashimi, spider roll, and a sushi cone. As always his stomach is a bottomless pit, and Brian orders extra shrimp tempura, and a tuna roll, knowing he’ll still be hungry.

Brian can’t help being relieved that Justin isn’t as angry as he was earlier this afternoon. He’s learned his lesson to never try and keep him in the dark concerning his health. He was sure at one point that when Justin was so angry that he might not ever get into his ass again. Justin almost had him worried that maybe something really was wrong. He remembered all the time he wasted pushing Justin away, just because he was afraid of showing his feelings. Being honest with himself, he was afraid of getting hurt.

He looks across the table at his husband, thankful that Justin didn’t just walk away from him, considering how badly he used to treat him, being so arrogant and self-centered. He can’t imagine not having Justin in his life. He reaches over and hooks his pinky with Justin’s, making him smile his bright sunshine smile.

“Maybe after dinner I’ll take you to Maude’s for dessert. I know how much you love their chocolate raspberry torte.”

“You’re still trying to get me to forgive you, aren’t you? Don’t you know I stopped being angry at you once Dr. Hassan told us about the problems at the lab? But I appreciate the gesture, and I do want that chocolate torte.”

“I’m sure you do…”

~~~

Dr. Edwards is noting all the changes Michael is going through as he rambles on endlessly about how much he never realized that Brian was changing right before his eyes. He doesn’t understand why Brian would change for Justin, and not him. Brian knew all along that Michael was in love with him, but he never even considered giving him a chance.

“It just doesn’t make any sense. I mean, we are perfect for one another, and I’ve loved him for so long. Then Justin comes along, and everything changes. Even though Brian would never admit it at the time.”

“Michael. I’m sure by now you realize that we don’t choose who we fall in love with. The heart has a way of claiming what it wants, much to the chagrin of our minds.”

“But I choose to love Brian. I wanted him from the minute I first saw him.”

“Michael, please. Can’t you see that what you felt for Brian is infatuation, not love? You’re totally obsessed with him. That’s not love, and it’s not healthy.”

“No. I do love him.”

“You need to accept the truth. It’s the only way you’re going to be able to move past this. Love is something you feel in your heart. It’s when you want what’s best for them, putting their feelings first, not your own.”

Michael just stares at Dr. Edwards. It’s the first time in his life he’s ever thought about doing what’s best for another person, instead of always thinking about himself first and foremost. It’s a completely new concept for him. It’s hard at first to come to grips with the idea. All that’s ever mattered to him was getting his needs met. Always wanting everything that’s best for him.

“So you think I’m selfish and self-centered?”

“I think you need to grow up. Become the man you’re meant to be. Not the petulant child, who’s used to always getting his own way.”

“I do not… I just want things the way I want them.”

“Exactly. But that’s not how life works. The sooner you start building your coping skills, the better you’ll be able to handle adversity and change.”

Now Michael’s just brooding, hating being challenged like this, not wanting to believe what Dr. Edwards is saying is true. Is he really so petulant, and self-centered?

Dr. Edwards finishes up taking notes, and tells Michael that this is enough for today’s session. He hopes that he’ll think about what they’ve talked about and reflect on how he can change his attitude for the better in the future.

~~~

Jennifer and Debbie make plans to go shopping for wedding and bridesmaids’ dresses. Debbie gushes about wanting something big and fluffy with lots of ruffles and bows. Jennifer’s relieved when she realizes that she’s talking about her wedding dress, and not the bridesmaids’. Although she is a little skeptical when Deb mentions that she thinks it would be great if the girls wore red dresses. Jennifer cringes, biting her tongue, hoping that she’ll change her mind once they start trying on dresses.

They set a time to meet the next day, and Debbie hangs up and starts searching through Modern Bride looking at all the dresses, tearing out the pages with the styles of the ones she’d die for. In the back of her mind she can hear both Carl and Jen saying that the bridesmaids’ dresses should be plain, so as not to detract from the bride.

~~~

They’re almost home when Brian mentions that he had a visitor today at work.

“I was surprised when Jim stopped by for me to view his wood samples for my home office. I didn’t even know he knew where I worked.”

“Brian, his name is Tim. And every fag in this burgh knows where you work.”

“Oh…”

Justin rolls his eyes, knowing full well that Brian knows this already.

“So he wanted you to sample his wood?”

“Basically…”

“I see. So how was he?”

“Disappointed, to say the least. And I made it clear that it was inappropriate, and if it happened again, I’d have Jake fire him.”

“I see… I vaguely remember having a three-way with him a long time ago.”

“So he said… But I didn’t really remember.”

“Good.”

It would have been the perfect time to tell Brian about catching Tim looking through his laptop at their honeymoon photos, but he decides against it. He hopes he doesn’t regret it later. He just wants to go to bed and show Brian how grateful he is that Dr. Hassan only wanted to rerun the blood tests, and that it wasn’t something more serious.

Before going to their bedroom they stop and check on Gus’s room, to see how the painting is coming along. The ceiling is painted a soft white that will match the trim and blinds, and three of the walls have been painted the darker blue, leaving only the light blue wall to be painted tomorrow. Once Gus’s bedroom furniture is delivered on Wednesday the room will be complete. Brian likes it; he thinks it has a strong masculine look, and will be perfect for Gus.

“The only thing we forgot to buy is a large rug to warm up the hardwood floors. I guess I’ll be busy after school tomorrow picking one out, but that shouldn’t be a problem. The only problem I foresee is finding one that both you and I agree on. You can be so picky sometimes. Maybe I’ll stop by Kinnetik at lunch time and we can go together, hopefully that will be enough time.”

Justin’s POV

Brian turns off the light and pulls me down the hallway to the master bedroom. He wraps his arms around me, holding me from behind. I can’t help wiggling as his lips tickle my neck where he’s licking and nibbling on my exposed skin. I naturally lean in to his touch and I feel his hands slip under my sweater. He caresses my stomach until his fingers find the button and zipper on the front of my jeans.

A moan escapes my lips as his hand cups my cock, making me instantly hard in his palm. He squeezes me gently, running his thumb across my slit, leaving a trail of pre-cum in his path. I’m becoming totally moldable to his touch as my body responds, sending electrical signals pulsating throughout me. Suddenly I’m overcome with heat, still wearing my jeans and sweater. My breathing turns to panting as I become more excited.

He unzips my pants and lifts the sweater over my head, which sends a gust of cool air to assault my senses. I step of out my pants and walk towards the bed. I hook my thumbs under my waistband and allow my underwear to fall to the floor. All this time his lips are still connected to my neck and a rush of desire courses through me, anticipating his next move.

I twist around in his embrace and run my arms around his neck. We press our lips together until we’re both kissing passionately. I’m filled with love and deep admiration, so relieved that he’s healthy. I was really scared earlier this afternoon, almost on the verge of panicking. I truly don’t know what I’d do if I lost him. Just thinking about it, the idea of a suicide pact doesn’t sound unreasonable. I know he was joking, but I really don’t think I can live without him.

We break for air, and I slowly start untying his tie, then I move on to unbuttoning his dress shirt. I gently push it off his shoulders, watching it fall to the floor behind him. I run my hands up his chest, loving the feel of his firm muscles. My hands reach the back of his neck and I pull him back into a kiss, which leaves us both panting. He finally whispers my name, “Justin…”

I step back and allow him to slip out of his pants, leaving them in a puddle on the floor next to his shirt. He looks so beautiful with his hard cock straining against the black cotton fabric of his briefs. I can’t help the huge grin I get on my face, as I stare at my husband, still holding his red tie in my hand. The innuendo isn’t lost on him as he pushes me back onto the bed, taking the tie from my firm grasp. Soon he has my arms over my head, and my wrists bound together. I gaze back at him intently, loving his playful gestures.

There’s nothing more sexy and erotic than Brian in his predator mode, and I love being his prey. The golden flecks in his hazel eyes send signals to my dick, taking me into overdrive. His voice is soft as it sends shivers down my spine. I hear him say, “You were a very bossy bottom this afternoon, little boy.”

I’m lost in the depth of his eyes, mesmerized by his actions, eagerly anticipating his next move. He runs kisses down the center of my chest, and stops at my nipples. He gently takes the firm nub into his mouth and sucks, licking around the outer edge, making it stand up to attention. The sensations he’s creating are making me heady with desire as I’m flooded with endorphins.

He moves over to my other nipple, licking and then blowing cool air on it, getting a rise out of this one as well. He takes the golden ball of the nipple ring between his teeth and gently tugs and twists it. This sets off a whole new set of sensations which go directly to my cock. I’m now squirming, looking for any sense of relief. I try and grind myself against the soft cotton of his briefs, which holds his beautiful member just a little too far away from me.

He chuckles at me, knowing that I’m yearning for contact. He raises his hips just far enough away that I’m becoming frustrated. He gazes down at me, sending chills through me, even though I’m burning with desire. My body is confused; all I know for sure is that I want him deep inside me. I’m lost in my mixed emotions as he takes mercy on me. I moan with desire just thinking about him taking me. Hopelessly lost in my longing, I wait for his tender touch to put me out of my misery.

He shifts, kneeling back on his legs. He slips his underwear down his thighs, and then down his calves, tossing them onto the pile of clothing. Finally he reaches into the nightstand and removes the tube of lube and a condom. We stare into each other’s eyes, as we both think about when we won’t need to use protection, finally giving ourselves to one another in the most intimate way possible.

He swoops down, bringing our lips together, while at the same time he slides my legs up onto his shoulders. I can feel the warmth of his penis as it rests against my opening. My mind imagines him breaching me with no barriers. Our lips are still locked together, as our tongues duel for dominance. I’m brought back to reality when I hear the sound of the lube snapping open; he sits back and spreads the gel across my rosebud.

I’m more than ready as I push back, taking his fingers into me. He pushes farther in until he passes my tight ring of muscle. Then he circles me several times, finally sheathing himself. He penetrates me, gliding into me until I feel his balls pressed against my ass. I close my eyes, loving the feeling of him deep inside of me. He completes me, making me feel whole. He places butterfly kisses across my face, making me smile. Then he starts moving in and out of me in long smooth motions.

He knows my body so well, as he hits my sweet spot on the first and each thrust forward, building momentum. I’m inundated with sensations as he pumps faster, and faster, sparking waves of pleasure that pulsate from my spine to the tips of my finger and toes. I’m chanting his name, again and again as I’m overcome with passion.

“Brian, Brian, Brian!”

I can tell he’s getting close himself, as he increases his speed and his breathing becomes erratic. He reaches down between us and grabs my dick, pumping me to the same rhythm as his thrusts. We’re both being pulled closer and closer to ecstasy. My head is flailing back and forth across the pillow, as I’m consumed by my orgasm. It quakes throughout me, until I feel like I’m going to pass out.

Brian follows right behind. I hear his deep guttural moans escape. My slick walls clench and release him, pulling him over the edge, while he jerks and shudders, filling the condom. He reaches up and unties my wrists, gently rubbing them to make sure I’m not in pain. We both lie there in post-coital bliss as our breathing levels out. I want him to stay in me forever, loving the feeling of us being so connected. But that’s something for us to look forward to in the future. Moments later he gets up and fetches a warm wet washcloth to clean me off. Then he circles his arms around me from behind as we both drift off to sleep in complete and utter bliss.

TBC…