- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Lindsay’s surprise visit turns Brian and Justin’s life upside down…

Title: The Offer Still Stands…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 7200
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Anti-Michael, Passion and Lust…
Beta Queen: bigj52


Summary: Lindsay’s surprise visit turns Brian and Justin’s life upside down…

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…


The Offer Still Stands…

Chapter 21 ~ Just When Everything Was Going Perfectly…


I wake to Brian watching me sleep. I guess I dozed off after his exceptional blowjob and a few too many beers at lunch. This man of mine has a way of making me feel so alive, so loved. Every day he surprises me, showing me just how much he loves me. Looking up into his eyes, I’m overwhelmed by the passion and desire I feel for him. He shows me every day, in every way, even if it’s still hard for him to find the words.

“Wake up, Sunshine… Or you’re going to sleep right through until tomorrow morning.”

I reach up and run my hand down the side of his face, the face of God… He grins at me, looking very sexy and seductive. It’s then that I can tell he’s stoned. I now smell the pungent aroma of his joint in the air. Suddenly he’s overdressed, while I’m lying naked, all tucked in under the duvet. He leans down, hovering his lips close to mine. I feel his breath on my face and neck, a mixture of mint toothpaste and grass. I’m actually surprised that there isn’t a hint of Beam mixed in as well.

I shift my arms outside of the blankets, and start pulling on his red cashmere sweater. Finally I get my thumbs hooked under the edge and swiftly pull it up and over his head. He starts working on unzipping his jeans, until they’re in a puddle of denim at his feet, and he steps out of them. My eyes naturally go to his hard cock that’s glistening with need, bubbling pre-cum.

He pulls the covers off me and I’m momentarily chilled, but I know he’ll be warming me up soon. He climbs up and covers my body with his, rubbing our groins together, making us both ache with desire. I feel his lips on my neck as he runs kisses from one ear around to the other. He knows how sensitive I am and that it drives me crazy. Soon I’m moaning as his touch sends chills down my spine. I’m more than ready for him to take me, as I feel his fingers coating my rosebud with Trojan lubricant.

Slowly he pulls and stretches me, leaving me open and ready for his long cock. He rips the condom open with his teeth, motioning me to slip it on his dick. I can’t help thinking, just a few more months… Then we’ll finally be able to complete each other the way it should be, naturally, without any barriers. We’re going to Ibiza on our official honeymoon. Yes, we were married in Vermont in February, but we decided to wait six months. It’s been one of the hardest things to do, but it will be worth it. Fulfilling our ultimate fantasy, making that final commitment to each other.

He slides my legs up onto his shoulders and aligns himself, slowly pushing into me until I’m full. He takes my lips in his, kissing me passionately, as my body adjusts and I’m ready for more. He moves his hips back and forth, now caressing my prostate on each downward thrust. He knows just how I like it. Just the right rhythm that’s soon to start a spiral of sensation working its way out from my center into my limbs. It’s like a smouldering fire that soon erupts into a blaze, engulfing us both in a frenzied haze as we fall over the edge. He holds me close as our bodies quake, consumed by our orgasms.

We lie on the bed holding each other tight. Then my stomach growls, making us both aware that the beast within needs to be fed. He grins down at me questioningly, wondering if I want to go out, or if I’d rather just order room service. I suggest a compromise, going to one of the restaurants here at the hotel. After all we’ll be dining in style tomorrow night at Five’s. We grab a quick shower, and as we’re getting dressed Brian’s cell phone rings. I can tell from his side of the conversation that something’s wrong.

“What? When? She can’t do that! Well at least the school followed procedure. How’s Gus?”

“Ah ha, Ah ha… No way!”

“I don’t give a fuck what her, or her parents said. She can’t see him! I won’t allow it!”

“Okay, okay… You do that. Do you think I should come home?”

“Okay, fine… If you think you can handle this alone. I know you’re an attorney!”

“I’m not yelling… Okay, set up a court date for Tuesday morning.”

“Mel… I don’t want her sneaking around and seeing Gus behind our backs. Make sure Deb knows what’s going on, and make sure she doesn’t allow her near him.”

“Okay. Fine, fine… Call me if anything happens. All right. I’ll see you Monday night.”

“And Mel… Thanks for calling, and keeping me in the loop.”

“If anything changes, I’ll get the next flight back to Pittsburgh. Okay, and good luck with the move. See you Monday… Okay, bye.”

Brian’s still damp from our shower with a towel wrapped around his waist, pacing back and forth. He stops and reaches down, picking up the half joint from the ashtray, inhaling deeply, then slowly releasing the smoke. I can take a wild guess from listening to his side of the conversation that Lindsay’s in town, and trying to see Gus.

I know he needs time to calm down, to decompress before he can talk about it. I pull on my jeans, and my pale blue sweater. The one I know brings out the color in my eyes, and always puts a smile on his face. I call room service and order dinner, then I pour him a tumbler full of Beam, knowing he’ll need something more to take the edge off. Brian takes Mel’s suggestion and calls Everett Clarkston. He’s one of the best attorneys who specialize in gay custody cases. Brian’s not going down without a fight.

~~~

Deb’s already heard from Mel, so she knows what Lindsay is up to. The diner’s busy, so Deb leaves her sitting at the counter, reading the menu for half an hour.

“Deb? When you get a chance?”

“Hold on! I only have two hands, and lots of hungry boys, waiting for their dinner.”

She shuffles around for the next ten minutes, filling coffee cups, and water glasses, taking her time, avoiding Lindsay.

“So do you know what you want?”

“Deb. What I really want is to talk with you.”

“Well this isn’t a good time, Lindsay. Can’t you see I’m busy? After all these boys need to eat, they can’t go out cruising on an empty stomach.”

“If I didn’t know better, I’d think you were avoiding me.”

“Nonsense, I’m tired. I’m working a double shift today, and my feet are aching. So what can I get you?”

“I’ve been trying to get a hold of Brian, but he doesn’t seem to be at the loft, and Cynthia wouldn’t tell me where he is.”

“Have you left him a message on his cell? I’m sure he’ll call you back once he gets his dick out of Sunshine’s ass.”

“Deb! Must you always be so vulgar?”

That is so typical of Lindsay. Always the perfect wasp, so prim and proper.

“What do you really want, Lindsay? Why are you here?”

“I was in town, and I wanted to see my son so I stopped by his school. But the new assistant in the principal’s office wouldn’t allow me to see him. She had the gall to say I wasn’t on the approved list, to see or pick Gus up from school. Can you believe the nerve of that woman?”

“Well she was just doing her job, and a good job at that. Now you wouldn’t want them to release Gus to some stranger.”

“But I’m his mother! She had no right denying me.”

“You may have given birth to him but you’re no longer his mother.”

“The Hell I’m not!”

“Don’t yell at me. I’m not the one who abandoned her son.”

“Abandoned? Is that what Mel told you?”

“Well you did leave town without telling anybody where you were going. Without saying good-bye to Gus, or Melanie, or anyone else for that matter.”

“It… It wasn’t like that.”

“You hurt a lot of people, Lindsay. You left a trail of bodies in your wake. Tell me, how can a mother treat their children like that? And her wife of ten years?”

“I don’t need to hear a lecture from you. Just tell me where Brian is, tell me where he’s hiding my son.”

“I haven’t seen him for a few days. Like I said, why not call him on his cell?”

“Well, could you call Michael and see if he knows where Brian is?”

“He doesn’t.”

“Would you at least call and ask him?”

“You really don’t know anything, do you?”

She’s fuming as she stomps out of the diner, and decides to see if Mel is home yet from work. She’s so frustrated that she can’t track Brian down, she needs answers. So she takes a taxi to the house, and is surprised that no one’s home. Peeking in the windows she sees that everything is packed up in boxes. She tries her key but it no longer works.

Earlier she talked with Mel for a few minutes, but she was headed into court and couldn’t talk very long. They had a huge fight and Mel basically told her to drop dead. Lindsay threatened to have her father’s attorney take her to court if she didn’t produce Gus immediately. And that’s when Mel reminded her that she relinquished her parental rights, and that Brian and Justin were now Gus’s legal parents.

She was sure that by now Brian would be sick of playing father, and would actually welcome things going back to the way they were before. She now realizes that she’ll probably have to go to court to get her parental rights restored. But that shouldn’t really be a problem. After all, what judge in his right mind would give Brian custody over her? Besides, everyone knows that a child needs to be raised by two parents. One man, and one woman.

~~~

It’s a bright and sunny day in San Juan as Ben and Emmett exit the plane. They welcome the warm sunny weather, leaving Pittsburgh behind. They take a taxi to Coqui del Mar Guest House in the Ocean Park district. It caters to gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgender guests. Its owners are gay and it comes highly recommended. Ted worked with the manager of Babylon to set up the travel arrangements for the contest. Brian is scheduled to meet with the owners about redesigning their advertising campaign this summer. It’s a surprise Ted has arranged for Brian and Justin, kind of like a pre/post honeymoon trip, depending on their schedules with a touch of work on the side.

Ben and Emmett are staying in one of the deluxe apartments close to the Caribbean coastline. There’s also a large shared hot tub for all the guests to enjoy, and it’s close to old downtown San Juan, within walking distance of the local museums, and lots of small boutiques. Their prize package also includes scuba diving lessons, deep sea fishing, and an early morning whale watching trip. Plus passes to several nearby nightclubs and restaurants. It seems that the boys will be living in luxury for their week-long vacation.

Emmett’s totally in awe; he can hardly believe how beautiful everything is, including Ben in his swim trunks. He’s never been any place tropical, and every little thing makes him feel so pampered. They decide to visit one of the local pubs for lunch, and then make their way to the beach to enjoy a lazy day, basking in the sun. From all the looks and turned heads they’re getting, it’s obvious they’re in the gay district of Ocean Park.

~~~

Michael survived his first night back in jail, eventually falling asleep with his back to the wall, trying to keep one eye open, afraid of every noise he heard during the night. He was up early the next morning to eat breakfast with his cell mates. They really weren’t so bad once he got used to them, and he stopped acting as if he expected them to pull out a knife and stab him at any moment. He was sent off to start his first day’s shift on laundry duty soon after returning from breakfast.

It was hot and muggy in the laundry room. Michael was assigned to run the large steam press machine that made it even hotter. He was bored out of his mind, so to pass the time he daydreamed about when he would be released. How he was going to make it up to Brian, renewing their friendship. Who knows? Maybe by then Brian would see just how much he missed him, even loved him because he’s sure by that time Justin will have left Brian again, to look for greener pastures.

A few hours into his shift one of his fellow inmates tells him it’s break time. He motions for Michael to follow him into the back room where there’s more industrial equipment. At first Michael’s frightened, wondering what’s up. But then Gordy pulls him behind a row of huge dryers, whips out a joint and lights it. Michael’s surprised and relieved at the same time; it seems he’s made a friend. Getting high is the last thing he expected, but he welcomes it. The rest of his day went by a lot smoother. Gordy even asked him to sit at his table during dinner, introducing Michael to his friends.

~~~

To be on the safe side Mel picked up Hunter and Terry after school. She took them to Ben’s townhouse to babysit and left them with Gus and Jenny Rebecca, along with their little suitcases, and lots of toys. She and Leda decided they would all camp out at Ben’s for the weekend. The moving company was due to arrive at seven am on Saturday morning, and they should be moved in before noon. Hunter and Terry would be okay during the day while they unpacked, and Deb and Carl would be bringing over dinner Saturday night.

They were all pretty sure they had a failsafe plan to keep Lindsay away from Gus. She didn’t know that Ben had moved, and she didn’t know that Mel was moving in with Leda the next day. And from the sounds of it she didn’t remember that Brian bought Justin a huge house, or where it was. So yes, they were all feeling safe that she wouldn’t be showing up on their doorstep. When Justin told Gus he was going to have his own adventure this weekend, he had no idea just how right he was.

~~~

Deb stops by Ben’s house on her way home from the diner, bringing lots of food to stock up the fridge for everyone. Hunter and Terry are both happy about the amount of food, being growing boys with bottomless pits for stomachs. They love meatloaf, mac and cheese, turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy, chili, and of course, lots of lemon squares.

The truth was she just wanted to check on the boys, and make sure they were handling the kids okay, not that she really expected there to be any problems. It’s more a case of needing to be needed. She stays long enough to help give the kids a bath, and gets them settled down for the night, reading them several stories until they’re fast asleep. Then just about the time she’s ready to leave, Mel and Leda get back. Everything’s all packed up and ready for the big move tomorrow.

~~~

“Ssssh relax… That’s it. Just let your muscles relax.”

Brian takes a deep breath as he feels Justin’s fingertips work their magic. The feel of the massage oil being worked into his aching back feels wonderful. He didn’t think he was this stressed out until he finally feels his muscles letting go. Justin kneads and strokes his fingers across his back. After several glasses of Beam and another joint, Brian’s not feeling any pain.

He knows there isn’t anything he can do until they’re standing before a judge. His new lawyer, Everett Clarkston assures him that he’ll have Lindsay and Sam investigated. He’ll be looking for anything they can use against them, although he already thinks they have an airtight case. Lindsay had no problem giving up her rights to Gus in February, she didn’t even want visitation rights. So her wanting them now was setting off all kinds of alarms. She was the one who said Sam didn’t want any children, especially any that weren’t his biologically. So something was up, they just needed to figure out what it was before Tuesday.

Brian moans, expressing his relief as Justin’s fingers dig deep into his tissues. He massages Brian’s back, going farther down his spine until he’s working the small of Brian’s back, helping him release all his stress. It isn’t long before Brian is basically putty in his hands as his fingertips find their way to the base of his spine, bordering on his pucker. Brian moans loudly again as Justin’s fingers circle his rosebud. Brian’s natural reaction is to spread his legs open a little wider, welcoming his husband’s intrusion.

“Yes. Yes, that’s it… Oh God… That feels so good.”

Justin continues working his fingers into his pucker, helping him relax, stretching him open. Brian’s body naturally responds. It’s not often that he feels the need to be taken, but when he does he’s totally consumed with desire. Justin knows just what he needs when he gets this way. He coats his fingers with gel and gently slips one, then two fingers in, circling him, increasing his pressure and depth on each rotation.

It’s only a few minutes until Justin’s fingertips caress his prostate, sending waves of pleasure pulsating throughout him. He moans Justin’s name as he relaxes into his touch, loving all the sensations. Justin increases the pressure, rubbing his sensitive nub, making Brian rut into the sheets. Justin leans down to place feather-light kisses across Brian’s shoulders which only makes his desire even more intense.

Brian whispers Justin’s name, willing him to get on with it. He’s totally lit, and his need to be penetrated is overwhelming. Brian looks over his shoulder at him as he slides the condom down his stout shaft. Brian rises to his knees, anticipating Justin’s next move, as he aligns himself and slowly enters his ravine. Once Justin feels Brian has adjusted to his girth, he starts thrusting back and forth, loving the sensations he feels as he glides against Brian’s tight slick walls.

Justin’s hands naturally hold Brian’s hips as he pumps his pelvis in a steady rhythm. Both are lost in waves of pleasure, as the tension is soon replaced with ecstasy. Brian’s moaning has returned as his prostate is caressed, setting off tremors that soon trigger an eruption into Justin’s palm. Justin follows close behind, filling the condom to capacity as they both reach fruition. This is just what Brian needed; Justin holds him close, stroking his hair as he comes down from his euphoric high.

Soon Justin hears Brian whisper, “Aaa-mazing” letting him know just how much he needed his tender touch. Justin gently kisses his lips, as they slip off to sleep, finally letting go of all the stress.

~~~

Mel and Leda are up at the crack of dawn, drinking strong coffee, waiting on the moving company. They finally arrive an hour late, but there are six of them and they move fast, packing the semi-trailer. Leda follows behind, to instruct them where to put all the boxes, once they arrive at the new house. Mel stays behind, sweeping floors, and vacuuming the carpet, making sure everything is spotless for Jennifer’s clients when they come to see the house. The moving truck just finished packing up their last load, when Lindsay shows up at the door.

Mel had expected her, after listening to all the messages she left on her cell last night. She’s never heard Lindsay so angry and frustrated at not getting her own way. Mel tells her she packed all her things and stored them in the basement. She has one hour to move them, otherwise she’ll put them on the curb for the garbage men.

Lindsay’s huffing and puffing, carrying all the boxes up from the basement to her parent’s station wagon. She can’t believe Mel refused to help her; she’s exhausted and out of breath. She casually asks where Mel’s moving to. Mel just glares at her, there’s no way she’ll tell her their new address. She can’t help asking again where Brian is, she can’t find him and Justin. If she was hoping for Mel’s support she’s sadly mistaken. Mel locks up the house and as her last act she hands Lindsay an envelope.

“What’s this?”

“You wanted to go to court. So it’s a summons to appear on Tuesday morning at ten o’clock.”

“What? I can’t believe you’re summoning me to appear in court.”

“It’s a hearing asking for a restraining order against you, barring you from coming within three hundred feet of Gus, Brian, Justin and myself.”

“You’ve got to be kidding?”

“No, I’ve never been more serious. I’ll also be asking the judge to rule against you concerning custody of Gus. You have no right coming here demanding to see him after abandoning him, and giving up your parental rights.”

Lindsay’s shocked. She stammers, “You wouldn’t!” She thought that threatening to sue for custody would be more than enough to stop both Mel and Brian from pursuing it any further. Now it appears that she’s the one being taken to court. She should have known better. After all Mel is an attorney, and there’s no way she’d just give up without a fight. She’s upset as her strategy isn’t working out at all like she planned. It seems she really will have to get her father’s attorney involved. Unfortunately for her he’s not proficient in family law or gay rights.

~~~

After leaving her and Mel’s old house, Lindsay decides to try Ben’s house and she’s shocked to find that he no longer lives there. She goes to Deb’s hoping she’s home, or at least Emmett might know where Brian is. Carl answers, telling her Emmett’s on vacation, Deb’s at the diner, and Michael’s not reachable. She can’t believe that everybody’s out of town, not home, or has moved. Have things really changed that much since she’s been away? Finally she finds herself knocking on Ted’s door.

Ted isn’t surprised to see her, but he can’t help wondering what she expects him to do or say. They’ve never been close, even when she and Mel were still together; he was always closer to Mel than Lindsay. She always seemed so judgmental of him, never being very sympathetic to his situation, always criticizing him whenever possible.

“Lindz? What are you doing here?”

“Where is everybody? I’ve been by the loft, to Deb’s, then Ben’s house. Only to find he’s moved. Michael’s nowhere to be found, and it’s like Brian and Justin have vanished.”

“Well, Ben and Emmett are in Puerto Rico. Brian and Justin are in Manhattan. Michael’s ahhh… He’s away right now. I think Deb’s working, and Mel’s moving today.”

“Manhattan? I didn’t know Brian was in New York. Is Gus with him?”

“I really can’t say.”

“Well, aren’t you going to ask me in?”

“No. I don’t think I am. I was just about to take a shower, then I’m going into work for a few hours. So take care, Lindsay.”

With that Ted closes the door, leaving a shocked Lindsay standing in the hallway of his building, alone and frustrated. It seems it’s true; she’s burnt all of her bridges and no one’s willing to forgive her.

~~~

Brian slept well last night after Justin’s superb back massage, and intense pummeling he gave his ass. Yes, his boy is very talented indeed. The first thing he notices is that he’s in bed alone, but he hears Justin talking in the distance. Then his senses are assaulted by the aroma of very strong coffee, and he notices that Justin has left him a large mug next to the bed.

Listening closely he can tell that Justin is talking to Mel, getting the lowdown on Lindsay’s actions, how she’s pumping everyone for information. Apparently she showed up at the house when Mel was there, so she now knows that Mel is moving, but not where to.

Mel updates Justin on the court date for Tuesday morning, letting them know that she’s talked with Everett, their attorney, and has made arrangements to meet with him before the hearing. She’s feeling good about their chances of winning, and says she’ll keep them updated after she talks with the private investigator, doing the background check on Lindsay and Sam. There’s just something off about Lindsay showing up out of the blue, wanting custody of Gus. Yet she’s hasn’t even asked about Jenny Rebecca. It’s like she isn’t even interested in her wellbeing. Yes, something is definitely wrong with this situation.

~~~

Lindsay is furious about the way everyone’s treating her, but she takes Deb’s advice and calls Brian’s cell, expecting to leave a message. She’s surprised when he answers.

“Brian. I didn’t think you’d answer. I just assumed that you’d still be asleep, after tricking on Friday night.”

“Cut the bullshit, Lindsay! What do you want?”

“Well, I’m in town and I thought it would be nice to visit with Gus. I’m sure he’s missed me. Ted told me you’re out of town this weekend, but I’d like to take Gus for a few days when you return.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. He’s finally gotten used to you not being around and I don’t want him to have to go through another broken heart when you leave.”

“Brian… I’m his mother. I have a right to see my son.”

“No…”

“No? Is that all you’re going to say to me?”

“You gave up your right to see him when you walked out of his life. Without even taking the time to say good-bye.”

“Surely you can’t still be angry about that.”

“I’m doing what is best for Gus. This has nothing to do with me.”

“Brian! I want to see my son! Do I have to take you to court to make that happen?”

“Yes…”

“Yes? You really want to go to court about this? You must know that a judge will agree that he belongs with his mother.”

“This sounds like you’re visiting for more than a few days? What are you up to?”

“I’ve… I’ve decided that I want custody of Gus.”

“No… You gave up your rights of your own free will back in February. I won’t have you playing tug of war with Gus’s feelings. I won’t have you putting him in the middle of whatever this is you’re doing.”

“Brian! Be reasonable! You know you’re not cut out for parenthood. For once do what’s best for Gus.”

“I’ll see you in court, Lindsay. Where are you staying? With your parents, no doubt?”

“Yes… And just know that my father’s attorney will tear you to shreds if you make me go to court over this. Do you want all your dirty laundry aired in the public eye?”

“Bye, Lindsay… This is war if you think I’ll just give you custody of Gus.”

She’s angry because she thought Brian would be reasonable and relinquish his rights, doing what’s best for Gus.

~~~

Brian and Justin try not to let everything that’s happening in Pittsburgh ruin their weekend. After checking in with Mel again, they call Hunter to see how Gus is doing. Gus talks with Brian for almost twenty minutes about how much fun he’s having on his adventure. He loves that the puppies are staying at Ben’s house with them, and there’s a community play area at the townhouse, with swings, monkey bars, and a huge slide.

He really likes Hunter. He thinks he’s fun and he’s agreed to let him stay up late tonight to watch ‘Finding Nemo’ and ‘The Little Mermaid’. He tells Brian how much he’s missing him, and Justin too. He promises to be a good boy while they’re away. Brian reminds him to do as he’s told, promising he’ll call him again tomorrow.

Now that Brian’s reassured that everything is fine with Gus, and they have a court date set for Tuesday, he’s finally able to relax and enjoy their mini vacation. They start out the afternoon visiting Metropolitan Museum of the Arts to see The Passions of Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux, a collection of sculptures, paintings and drawings. Then tomorrow they plan to visit the Guggenheim Museum to see the Italian Futurism, 1909-1944: Reconstructing the Universe.

Justin’s POV

Of course I’m extremely excited to see the exhibit; I drooled over all the artwork, and daydreamed that one day maybe I’d have an exhibit of my own at such a renowned museum. Brian is a good sport; he never complains about how long I want to stay and stare at a particular sculpture, or painting. He always acts interested in what I have to say, even though I knew he must be bored.

He’s so good to me, letting me lead him around, totally in awe of the great masters, as I rambled on and on about the littlest details that I’m sure he couldn’t decipher. I guess he realizes he better get used to it; after all I plan to drag him around to all the famous galleries and museums around the world for the rest of our lives.

Today is rather a jam-packed day for us. Later we go out for dinner at Five’s. The restaurant is beautiful, very modern with clean lines and an art deco feel. Dinner is fantastic. I have the pan-roasted halibut and Brian has the tenderloin; both were perfectly prepared. For dessert I even got Brian to share the chocolate malted baked Alaska so I was in heaven. The staff made me feel like a prince, they were so attentive and professional.

Then we’re off to see the Broadway play ‘The Twelfth Night’ at the Belasco theatre. We have great seats right in the middle front, just seven rows from the stage. It feels like we could practically reach out and touch the actors. We arrive early to experience the actors participating in the Shakespearean pre-show rituals of dressing and preparing their makeup on stage in front of the audience, accompanied by live music on traditional instruments.

It’s an outrageous comedy of unrequited love, featuring an all-male cast. While the lovelorn Duke Orsino plots to win the heart of the mourning Olivia, an alliance of servants and hangers-on scheme against the high-handedness of Olivia’s steward, the pompous Malvolio. When Orsino engages the cross-dressed Viola, who has disguised herself as a young man under the name Cesario to plead with Olivia on his behalf, a bittersweet and hilarious chain of events follows.

We have a wonderful evening like we’ve never experienced before. After all, Pittsburgh isn’t known for its love of the arts, and Brian really outdid himself, taking me out on the town in style. Who would have ever thought that Brian could be so romantically inclined? This mini vacation we’re on is making me feel so special, like a whole new chapter of our life is opening and this is just the beginning.

When we arrive back at our hotel suite I just pray there isn’t any menacing phone messages needing to be dealt with, to put a damper on our perfect evening. I notice him checking his cell, but then he turns it off. We slip out of our designer suits, lounging in the buff on our king-size bed. Brian suggests we have a nightcap, and proceeds to pour us each a cognac; then he pulls out his cigarette case, and lights a joint.

I relax in his arms, lying against his chest, while he plays with my hair and whispers words of love and commitment. I knew we both have been thinking a lot about our upcoming plans for Ibiza. Our honeymoon and finally making love raw along with our desire to be with one another is almost intoxicating.

He suggests that we get tested again as soon as we get back home, even though we have plans to wait until August. Neither one of us wants to wait until the end of summer, nor have we been with anyone else since last fall. Even though we had split up for a couple weeks, I hadn’t been with anyone, and Brian only had oral sex.

Now I feel like we really have something to celebrate. I’ve made a few vague plans for our reception dinner with the family. I was trying not to compete with Deb’s plans for her big day. Yes, everyone was mad at us for running off and getting married in Vermont and not inviting them, but it was what felt right to us at the time. So I promised my mom and Deb that we would celebrate with the family before we went to Ibiza. Now it seemed that we’ll be going on our honeymoon as soon as May or June.

I’m so happy and a little stoned. I lean my head back and look up into his eyes. I can tell he’s feeling the same way. I turn in his arms and we start kissing. Soon the passion starts building and he’s flipped us over so I’m on my back and his body is covering mine. I can’t help that intense feeling I get just knowing that he loves me. I feel like that naive little boy whose virginity he took so many years ago. I knew I loved him that first night, but everyone told me that I was just infatuated with him. That it wasn’t really love, but it was love to me, and I now know that it was love to him as well. It just scared the hell out of him. Thank God he finally allowed himself to be loved in return, even if it took five years.

“Hey? Where’d you go?”

“Back to the beginning. I was just thinking about our first night together.”

“Oh God! You were so beautiful! Beautifully naïve!”

“Brian! I love you so much!”

~~~

Tyler Martin was a pro at hacking computers, and he had no problem downloading Lindsay’s email. There had been a flurry of emails from her father, and her sister Lynette. Both had been inquiring about Gus, his wellbeing and voicing their concern about him living in a homosexual household, questioning how it would influence his sexuality. At first Lindsay was outraged with their blatant attitude about gays, and reassured them that Gus was safe, and loved.

But the emails and phone calls Tyler had uncovered bordered on obsessive. It seemed like Lynette and Ron Peterson were calling and emailing her eight or nine times a day. At one point she stopped taking their calls, and there were dozens of unopened emails that went unread. After several months of pestering her, they finally got her to agree to come home for a visit.

He also investigated Sam Auerbach; the man was a total womanizer who for some reason liked being married, Lindsay being his fifth wife. He’s always had a way with women, and Tyler supposed that he was a real charmer, a ladies’ man. It seems that he already had a long-term girlfriend when he married Lindsay. After they returned to Paris, he made no effort to even hide his affair. He claimed that it was the norm in Paris, and that she would have to get used to it, or leave.

It was rumored that he even encouraged Lindsay to have a ménage à trois. Apparently he liked to watch, and Lindsay soon realized that if she wanted to stay married to Sam, she’d need to acquiesce to his desires. One of the ultimatums that Lindsay tried to demand was that Sam and she have a family. He rejected that idea, absolutely refused, stating that children would interfere with his lifestyle.

The longer Lindsay was married to him, the more she realized she didn’t know her husband at all. Yet she wasn’t willing to give up her jet-setting lifestyle, being married to a famed artist, with all the glamor and perks that came with it. She refused to acknowledge that she had made a big mistake, especially now that her family seemed to accept her. She needed their approval more than she needed self-esteem; she was desperate to be loved by them. Once they heard that she had married a man, all was forgiven and they welcomed her back into the fold with open arms.

~~~

Sunday was another day of leisure for Brian and Justin, after talking with Gus and hearing all about his evening, staying up late, making him feel like a big boy now. He was so proud you could hear it in his voice, although he fell asleep halfway through the first movie. Brian reminded him that he’d probably need a nap after last night, telling him to behave, and he would bring him back a present. Gus promises he’ll do everything he’s told, telling Brian how much he misses him and Justin, and he can’t wait until they get home.

After a big breakfast they head out to the Guggenheim Museum to see the exhibit of ‘Italian Futurism, 1909-1944: Reconstructing the Universe.’ A chronological exhibition encompasses not only painting and sculpture, but also architecture, design, ceramics, fashion, film, photography, advertising, free-form poetry, publications, music, theater, and performance.

Again Justin is taken aback by all the different artists work, loving the variety and influence they seem to have had on one another over the years. He spends time looking at each and every medium, letting the artist speak to him, inspire him, leaving him with renewed respect of their creativity and ingenuity. Brian slips away for a few minutes and returns with a big picture book of the exhibit, so Justin can take a little bit home with him for inspiration.

It’s late afternoon when Brian gets a call from Everett Clarkston; they make plans to meet for a drink so he can go over what his detective has found out about Lindsay and her sudden visit. He’ll be flying out with Brian and Justin on Monday night, and meeting with Mel and the detective again before court the next morning, reviewing any new information that’s uncovered.

Brian knew that Lindsay’s father was somehow involved, besides just paying for her legal counsel. He just wishes he could figure out what they think they have, that would make a judge agree to revoke his parental rights. Brian was very forthcoming about his past, his homosexuality, and his lifestyle. He’s not ashamed of who he is or how he’s lived his life. He’s always been honest and upfront, except with his parents, but that’s all in the past now. It’s all out in the open.

He has provided a good home for Gus, and given him the stability he needed after Lindsay left, reassuring him that it had nothing to do with him. Young children are often confused, and tend to blame themselves, not understanding their parents motives. He just can’t image a judge would consider giving Lindsay custody, especially now that they found out about Sam’s feelings about parenthood. Yes, Lindsay was up to something; they just had to figure out what, before court on Tuesday morning.

~~~

Brian’s on his third shot of Beam, and hasn’t said a word after Everett left about a half an hour ago. I wave the waiter over and ask for menus, knowing that we both need to eat and it will take Brian’s mind off the problems with Lindsay. I actually thought what Everett had to say was positive, but I can see that Brian’s deeply troubled.

“We should have flown back on Friday night. I would have at least had the weekend with Gus, to explain to him what was happening, preparing him for the inevitable.”

“Brian, nothing’s going to change. We’re Gus’s parents, and you’re a good father. If anything, you’ve become a better father since he’s come to live with us.”

“Lindsay’s right. They always give the mother custody. Besides, once she brings up my past, all my indiscretions, and my blatant behavior, my disregard for other’s feelings, it will be all over. She’ll win.”

“No! I don’t believe that! You heard what Everett said; her own husband doesn’t want children. And I can’t see her giving up her new lifestyle to be a single mother. Something’s up. She has an ulterior motive here, we just have to figure out what.”

“I already miss him. I miss listening to him chatter on about school, and us reading together before bed and all the time we spent playing with Thor and Zeek. God, it’s going to kill him to have to give up Thor and Zeek, they’ve grown so close this last month.”

“Brian, stop! Stop all this negative thinking! You’re a good father, you’ve always been a good father. You love Gus, it’s so obvious how much the two of you love and need each other. So please stop all this negative talk.”

The waiter returns, and Brian starts to order another shot of Beam, but Justin overrides him, asking for a couple of dos equis instead. Then he orders a plate of nachos, soft-shell chicken tacos for Brian, and a salsa Verde burrito for himself. Maybe dinner will get his mind off all this doom and gloom.

They had planned to hit the clubs tonight and go out dancing, but Justin can see that Brian’s not in the mood to party. After dinner they go for a long walk, window shopping, and talking about the shopping spree they have planned for tomorrow after Brian’s presentation at Trojan Inc. This seem to brighten his spirits, there’s nothing he loves more than a huge shopping spree of designer fashion in Manhattan. Okay, that’s not exactly true… We all know he loves sex… And that’s exactly what Justin has in mind when they return to their suite.

~~~

Brian’s mood has improved greatly as he fists Justin’s hair. He feels Justin’s lips move up and down his firm shaft. All the stress is dissipating as his mind is flooded with endorphins. He quakes with pleasure, finally erupting as Justin sucks and swallows his sweet cream. Justin smiles up at him as he releases his flaccid penis from his lips, licking the remaining juices from the edges. A little while later Brian reaches down to stroke Justin’s hair while he lies with his head on Brian’s chest.

TBC…