- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Lindsay’s testimony in court shocks everyone, and in the end she’s left without any friends, or family. Then much to her surprise she rebuilds a friendship…

Title: The Offer Still Stands…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 6486
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Anti-Michael, Passion and Lust…
Beta Queen: bigj52


Summary: Lindsay’s testimony in court shocks everyone, and in the end she’s left without any friends, or family. Then much to her surprise she rebuilds a friendship…

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…


The Offer Still Stands…

Chapter 22 ~ Please Don’t Judge Me…


Debbie waited for Michael in the visitor’s center; it had been over six week since she’d last seen him. She was worried that he wasn’t adjusting well to so many changes. But when she saw him enter the room he looked well, even happy; she was relieved all her worrying had been for nothing. He hugged her, thanking her for coming. He was grateful to have company so he couldn’t help asking if any of the gang might be willing to come visit him.

She handed him a bag of lemon squares from the diner, and told him that Ben and Emmett were vacationing in Puerto Rico. She knew he might not handle that well, but she wasn’t going to sugarcoat it. He needed to know the truth, and learn to accept that everyone was moving on with their lives. She saw the flash of anger in his eyes, and then he looked down at the floor.

“I guess I don’t really have a right to be mad, but it still hurts a little. I’m not in love with Ben anymore, so I guess I should be happy that Ben and Emmett have found one another.”

Deb’s actually shocked that Michael is taking it so well, maybe all those sessions with Dr. Edwards really did some good.

“Good for you, Michael. I think it’s healthy that you’re able to accept that they’re a couple.”

“I don’t really have much choice, if I still want Emmett to remain my friend. His friendship means more to me than holding a grudge against him. Especially since I ended it with Ben long before him and Emmett started seeing each other.”

“I’m so proud of you, Michael. It takes a strong man to be happy for his friends under the circumstances.”

“Do you think you could ask Em to come visit me when he gets back from vacation? I’m so lonely here, and it would be good to see a friendly face.”

“So have you made any friends since you’ve returned from the hospital?”

“Yeah. I have a friend Gordy, he’s on laundry duty with me. He’s introduced me to several of his friends. It’s different here than I thought it would be. Almost everyone in here is in for white-collar crimes; all the really hardened criminals are housed at another prison.”

“I’m so glad to hear that, baby. I worry about you and how you’re getting along.”

“We actually have a lot of freedom to move around the facilities. We just have to check in with the guards and get permission to go to the gym, or outside in the courtyard. There’s a library, and a lounge where we can watch TV and DVDs.”

“That’s good, Michael. If you’re happy and making friends, your time will pass quickly. I’m so glad you’re no longer resentful and angry.”

“Well I still can’t believe that Brian had me arrested; I’m sure Justin put him up to it.”

“Now, Michael! None of this is Sunshine’s fault! You know that, you’re the one responsible for being in this situation.”

“I know that, Ma! I’m just saying, if Justin and Brian weren’t together Brian wouldn’t have ever had me arrested. I’m his best friend. He loves me and even though you don’t believe it we’re going to be together in the future. There’s no way Justin will stick around and put up with all of Brian’s indiscretions.”

Deb just shakes her head, just when she thought things were finally getting better. One step forward, two steps back.

“Michael! Hear me, for Christ sakes! Brian loves Justin! He loves him, he’s changed, they’re married, and they’re monogamous. He’s not interested in you, he never was! You’re never going to be his partner, lover, or husband!”

“Ma! You don’t know that! A lot could change by the time I’m released.”

“Oh, Michael… Son, can you hear yourself? Get some help, you’re acting delusional again.”

“Go! Just go, Ma! And don’t come back until you can accept that Brian and I are meant for each other!”

Debbie stands, looking at Michael like he’s truly lost his mind. She knows she needs to contact the prison and speak to his new therapist, so he can get the help he needs so desperately.

~~~

Brian’s POV

Today flew by in a New York minute, my presentation went great. Trojan loved all of my ideas for their new ad campaigns, marketing to multiple generations such as teens, college students, newlyweds, gays, empty-nesters, and even the elderly. After all there was just a new study released this month finding that a women’s sex drive increases in her eighties. Okay, that’s not an image I want on my mind but they’re no different than any other age group wanting a pleasurable experience. Trojan lubricants could be just what they need to intensify their experience. Enough said… Otherwise I’ll never be able to get it up again.

Justin and I had lunch at an out-of-the-way Chinese restaurant, we had dim sum and Justin loved it. The waiters circulated with trays of tiny plates with one-bite samples of everything they featured on their menu. It really was a great way to try lots of different tasting dishes without ordering a huge entrée. I have to admit that I have a weakness for Asian food. I absolutely love Thai, and Chinese but I’ve even been known to indulge in Korean, Japanese, and Vietnamese as well. New York is the perfect place to treat your taste buds to all those flavors, but they’ll have to wait until next time.

We spent our last few hours trying on designer fashions. Of course I order several new suits while Justin shops for casual clothing - jeans, sweaters, and shirts. Again we have everything shipped, there’s no way we will be able to carry all of our packages back on the plane.

We land back in Pittsburgh around seven, and head straight to Deb’s to pick up Gus. She, of course, had the usual Sunday night family dinner waiting for us, even if it was Monday night. So we drank lots of wine and ate huge amounts of Italian food. Mel updated everyone on her conversations with Tyler and his investigation of Lindsay’s married life. Apparently she’s not very happy. Sam isn’t very discreet about his affairs, and she’s started drinking, to drown her sorrows.

We get back to the house late. I carry Gus up to his bedroom, making sure he’s sound asleep. After setting our suitcases down in the bedroom, Justin finds me standing in Gus’s doorway watching him sleep. He knows I’m worried, unsure how things will play out tomorrow in court. I’ve become used to having Gus with us, having become such an integral part of our lives. I think we depend on him almost as much as he depends on us. We’re truly a family these days, and I can’t imagine life without him at the center.

Justin wraps his arms around my waist and leans his head on my shoulder. After a few minutes we make our way into our bedroom and strip off our clothes. We climb into the bed and he motions for me to roll over, then he squirts some massage oil across my back. Soon I’m moaning as he works my sore stiff back, I carry so much stress in my shoulders. He starts at my shoulder blades with a deep tissue massage, working his way out towards the edge using long deep strokes, over and over until I relax into his touch.

I whisper, “That feels incredible. You always know just what I need.”

He continues working my spine, kneading each vertebrae until the tension eases. I‘m snoring lightly, my deviated septum making my breathing slightly wheezy. Finally I’m relaxed and able to sleep. Last night I was pretty worked up, and sleep didn’t come easy, leaving me exhausted and unrested most of today. He finishes massaging my back until he’s worked all the way down to the bottom of my backbone.

He gently snuggles down next to me, and I naturally turn on my side, pulling him into my chest, with him resting his head on my shoulder. These days neither one of us can sleep unless we’re holding each other, able to feel each other breathing, setting a rhythm that lulls us off to sleep.

~~~

It’s Tuesday morning, everyone’s waiting in the courtroom for Mel and Everett to arrive. Justin and I were supposed to meet with them before the hearing began but they’ve been delayed. I’m not sure if this is a good thing or not. I keep running his hand down the front of my suit, smoothing out nonexistent wrinkles, looking like I just stepped off the cover of GQ magazine. The longer we wait the more nervous he and I become. I reach out and hold Justin’s hand to stop him from fidgeting in his seat.

“Your Honor, how much longer do we have to wait for opposing council? Obviously they’re not ready to proceed at this time. I ask that this suit be dismissed with prejudice.”

“Denied, Mr. Stanfield. I think the court can allow council a few more minutes.”

Lindsay just glares at me, like she still can’t believe that I’m taking her to court. Her parents and sister sit next to her, showing their support. I’m half tempted to get up and start looking for Mel and Everett. I just know something’s wrong and I’m scared to death that Gus will be removed from our custody once the hearing is over. After another fifteen minutes passes, finally the courtroom doors open and in walks Mel and Everett.

“Your Honor. Please forgive us for our tardiness, it couldn’t be helped.”

“If you’re ready to proceed Mr. Clarkston, please call your first witness.”

“I’d like to call Ms. Melanie Marcus to the stand.”

“Ms. Marcus, you’ve been sworn in. Do you understand that everything you say, can and will be used against you in a court of law.”

“Yes, Your Honor.”

“Ms. Marcus how long were you and Ms. Peterson a couple?”

“Objection, it’s Mrs. Auerbach…”

“Let me rephrase. How long were you and Mrs. Auerbach a couple?”

“Ten years. We had a commitment ceremony after the first five years.”

“When the two of you split up, was it amicable?”

“Hardly. I was under the impression that she was traveling for business. I read in the newspaper that she had married Sam Auerbach the next day.”

“So this came as a complete surprise?”

“Yes. I thought that we were a committed couple, even though she had an affair with Mr. Auerbach the previous year.”

“So, Lindsay continued to see Mr. Auerbach during your marriage, even while you were pregnant, and after your daughter was born?”

“Objection, Your Honor. I dispute the term ‘marriage.’ Ms. Marcus and Mrs. Auerbach had a commitment ceremony which has no legal standing.”

“To your knowledge, did Mrs. Auerbach continue her affair while you were pregnant, and after your daughter was born?”

“I believe so. She wasn’t forthcoming about her affair.”

“How did her departure affect your children?”

“Our daughter was just a baby at the time, but our son Gus was devastated. He didn’t understand why she left, and it took him months to accept that she wasn’t coming back.”

“During this time did Mr. Taylor-Kinney play more of an active role in parenting Gus?”

“Yes. Lindsay had asked that I sign back my rights to Mr. Taylor-Kinney before she left. Then after she wed Sam Auerbach, she signed her parental rights over to Brian and Justin Taylor-Kinney.”

“So you no longer have parental rights for Gus?”

“Brian insisted that we file third-party adoption papers, so that we would all legally be Gus’s parents. Gus lives fulltime with his fathers, and he spends several weekends a month with myself.”

“How is this arrangement working out?”

“Much better than I ever thought it would. We’re all very involved in each other’s lives, and we spend one or two nights a week having dinner together.”

“So from your perspective as Gus’s mother, do you think that both Brian and Justin Taylor-Kinney are good parents to Gus? Do they provide a stable home life, and are they involved in his education and after-school activities?”

“Yes, they’re very responsible parents. The teachers at school know both of them, and they always attend Gus’s sporting events and school activities.”

This line of testimony continued over the next hour, questioning Brian and Justin, and finishing up with Dr. Millburn, a child psychologist.

“Dr. Millburn, did you treat Gus Taylor-Kinney after his mother abandoned him?”

“Objection! I dispute the term ‘abandoned.’”

“Overruled. Continue, Dr. Millburn.”

“Yes. Gus is a patient of mine. He was shocked, and saddened when his mother left without even saying good bye, or explaining that she was leaving. He was very distraught, and depressed, thinking that she left because he did something wrong.”

“And how is he emotionally now?”

“He’s very well adjusted. I’ve worked with him and both his fathers, as well as his mother, Melanie Marcus to help him overcome his insecurities concerning Mrs. Auerbach’s departure.”

“Do you think it would be healthy for him to be removed from his father’s care, and returned to Mrs. Auerbach?”

“No, absolutely not. He has overcome a lot of pain and confusion around her disappearance. Returning him to an unstable home life would only add to his issues of abandonment and trust.”

Things aren’t looking good for Lindsay. She never really thought about how everything would affect Gus, and his emotional stability. Her attorney has called her to the stand, asking her to explain why she thinks Mr. Kinney will be a bad parent. She testifies about his past, his lifestyle, and multiple sex partners. She even has the gall to say she thought that it would be better to have Gus raised in a ‘normal’ household, meaning two parents, one man and one woman.

Now it was Brian’s attorney’s turn to cross-examine her.

“Mrs. Auerbach, you’ve stated that you returned Mr. Kinney’s parental rights back to him because you thought it was the right thing to do at the time. Now you’re testifying that you think it’s wrong for Gus to be raised in a same-sex household. Which is it?”

“I was wrong before. I now believe it would be best for Gus to be raised by a mother and a father.”

“Was it wrong for him when he was being raised by you and Ms. Marcus?”

“No. That’s different.”

“I see…”

“So you’re no longer a lesbian? You haven’t had sex with a woman since you’ve been married?”

“Yes. That’s correct.”

“I remind you that you’re under oath, Mrs. Auerbach. Would you like to rethink your answer?”

All the color in Lindsay’s face disappears.

“Let me rephrase my question. Who is Leslie Anderson?”

“She’s… She’s a friend of my husband’s.”

“A very close friend? Is that correct?”

“Yes.”

“And what about you? Is she a very close friend of yours?”

Lindsay looks down at her feet, embarrassed by this question.

The judge reminds her. “You have to answer the question, Mrs. Auerbach. You’re under oath.”

She whispers so low you can barely make it out. “Yes…”

“Would this friendship be of a sexual nature?”

Her mother glares at her with disgust and hatred as she whispers again. “Yes…”

“So you don’t think it’s inappropriate to be involved in a same-sex affair if you happen to be the one who’s having it?”

“My husband… My husband wants it this way…”

Nancy Peterson is so embarrassed and repulsed by Lindsay’s answer she leaves the court room. She’s furious that she believed Lindsay’s lies about going straight.

“Tell me, Mrs. Auerbach. Do you plan on having children with your husband?”

“No. He doesn’t want children.”

“I see… Is this why you want custody of Gus now?”

Silence…

“Where is your husband today, Mrs. Auerbach?”

“He’s at home.”

“Home being Paris, France?”

“Yes.”

“So when you stated that you wouldn’t be taking Gus out of the country, was that a lie?”

“No… No, I mean… You’re confusing me…”

She looks to her father for answers, wishing Brian’s attorney would stop with all these personal questions. He has no right to ask her these things.

“Your Honor. Considering the hour and how distraught my client is, can we please break until she’s composed herself, continuing this after lunch?”

“Your Honor, I object. Mr. Taylor-Kinney’s a very busy man, running a multi-million dollar company. I only have a few more questions, so with the court’s permission. I’d like to continue. It shouldn’t be more than another half an hour.”

“Alright, Mr. Clarkston. Continue…”

Lindsay takes a long drink of water, wishing this was all over, wondering how she got herself involved in all this. She knows she’s now made enemies out of everyone she once thought of as family. Meanwhile her mother returns to the court room, and sits next to her husband and sister.

“Mrs. Auerbach, what’s the real reason you’re here today, petitioning for sole custody of Gus Taylor-Kinney?”

“Real reason?”

“Yes? Maybe five hundred thousand reasons?

“I don’t know what you mean?”

“I think you do…”

She looks to her father again, unsure of what to say.

“Mrs. Auerbach, would it surprise you if I entered into evidence a bank statement showing that you recently opened a new account, with a money transfer of a half million dollars from your father’s bank account.”

“Daddy?” She looks like she’s going to cry.

“Mrs. Auerbach, please tell the court who Dennis O’Malley is?”

“I have no idea.”

“Would it surprise you to find out he’s an attorney who specializes in adoption? An attorney who’s been hired by your father to represent your sister?”

Lindsay just stares into space, she really doesn’t know what’s happening. Obviously her father hasn’t told her everything.

“How about Dr. Lawson? Would you please tell the court who he is?”

“I don’t know…”

“I think you do, Mrs. Auerbach. Do I need to remind you about perjury again?”

“He’s… He’s my sister’s doctor.”

“Yes, he is… Tell the court what Dr. Lawson’s specialty is?”

She looks white as a ghost, she never thought that anyone would find out about all this.

“He’s a fertility specialist.”

“Is it safe to say your sister is reproductively challenged?”

Now Nancy Peterson is just about to faint. She’s never been one to be comfortable having her laundry aired in public, and especially not a court house.

“Just one more question, Mrs. Auerbach. Do you think selling your son for a half a million dollars is the act of a loving mother?”

Lindsay stands up, shouting, “You’ve got it all wrong! It’s not like that! My mother will never accept a grandchild that’s not hers biologically. I was only doing this for my sister! I was only trying to do the right thing, doing what Daddy wanted!”

She’s crying, tears running down her face. The bailiff helps her down from the stand.

“Your Honor, at this time I’d like to ask that a restraining order be put in place, barring Mrs. Auerbach, and her family members from coming within three hundred feet of Gus Taylor-Kinney. As well as permanently revoking Mrs. Auerbach’s parental rights until Gus is twenty-one years of age, and can make his own decisions.”

“It is so ordered.”

With that the judge bangs his gavel, and dismisses the court. Lindsay’s still crying, pleading with Brian, begging him to forgive her. He can’t even look at her, he just keeps wondering where his Wendy went, and who this crazy woman is. Leaving the court house Brian thanks Everett for his exceptional job defending him in court and the thorough investigative work. Tyler did a fantastic job of digging into Lynette’s medical issues and finding out about Ron Peterson’s motives and manipulations.

Brian almost feels sorry for Lindsay, she was played almost as much as he was. But she didn’t have to go along with their twisted plot for Lynette to adopt Gus. He still can’t believe that she would basically sell Gus, just to gain her parents’ approval. She really has some self-esteem issues. It’s obvious that she made a huge mistake when she left Mel at the drop of a hat, and married Sam Auerbach.

The thing is even after everything she’s done, deep down inside he still loves her. He can’t help wondering if he should try and help her, help her end her bad marriage and get a divorce. He’d be willing to help her get back on her feet, as long as she agreed to get help emotionally. She desperately needs therapy and friends right now. He looks over at Justin and Mel chatting as they walk through the parking lot, and he wonders if they’d understand how he’s feeling, or if they’d think he needed therapy too.

They get to the Mercedes and Brian unlocks the door for Mel and Justin, then he turns and says he forgot to ask Everett something, and goes back into the court house. He stops after rounding the corner, when he sees Nancy Peterson berating Lindsay. She’s yelling at her for embarrassing her, flaunting her lesbian girlfriend and perverted husband. She tells her she’s a disgrace to their family, and that as far as she’s concerned she only has one daughter now - Lynette.

Ron Peterson has always been a spineless, weak little man, who’s never had the balls to stand up to his wife. He simply shrugs his shoulders and they leave Lindsay standing all alone in the hallway, without a friend in the world. She’s in shock, barely able to wipe the tears away that are falling down her cheeks. She’s surprised when she feels Brian’s arms pull her into an embrace and he whispers, “Let go home, Wendy, and figure out how to fix all of this.”

She can’t help crying even harder, soaking the collar of his suit.

“I can’t believe you still want to be my friend. After everything I’ve done, you must hate me.”

“Yeah, well, I’m not happy… But as Deb once said to me, you don’t kick a person when they’re down. And as angry as I’m with you, I love you even more.”

“Oh, Brian. I’ve made such a mess of my life. How can I ever look our friends in the eye?”

“They’re our family, and they still love you. Even when you’re being an asshole… Trust me, I know…”

Mel and Justin look up in shock as Brian opens the door. “Look who I found? Don’t you think it’s time we helped Wendy find her way home?”

“Mel, I was thinking maybe Lindsay should keep the house. She’s going to need a place to live, and there’s no place like home.”

Mel can’t really object as Brian’s paid for the majority of her new house. And even she can see that Lindsay’s feeling pretty broken, lost and in need of her family. No one’s saying anything, but they’re all wondering about Gus and the restraining order. I guess time will tell. Everything has a way of working itself out. Maybe what they say is true, time heals all wounds.

~~~

Deb answers the door, surprised to see all of them standing there. She looks to Brian for an explanation, knowing that they’re all coming from court. You can still feel the stress, and discomfort between them.

“Deb, we’re going to try and put everything behind us. Lindsay is just as much a victim in all of this as the rest of us. She’s basically been used and manipulated by her family, and I think it’s time we welcomed her back into the fold. Granted, she’s made some mistakes.”

Lindsay speaks up. “Some huge mistakes, and I’m so sorry for hurting so many people. I just hope you can forgive me over time.”

Deb reaches out and smothers her with a hug.

“My door is always open, and there’s always a bed to sleep in for all of my lost children.”

“Thanks, Deb, thank you so much. I’ve never needed my family more than I do now.”

“A lot’s changed since you left in February. I think you’ll be surprised by how much, and I know that it will be painful. I also know that you’re a strong woman, and you’ll be back to your old self in no time.”

“Lindsay’s going to keep her and Mel’s old house. Of course it’s empty now, so over the next week I’m hoping that we can all pitch in and help her find some furniture to get set back up again.”

“I’d really appreciate that.”

“I’ll help you out financially, but you’ll have to make do with a combination of new and used items. And I expect you to get a job, or at least start looking for one. I assume that you’ll want to file for divorce, and I’m more than willing to hire an attorney for you. I can only imagine what a nightmare you’ve been through these last months.”

“Brian, thanks. That’s so generous. More than generous. How can I ever repay you?”

“You can start by getting some therapy, you have a lot of issues to work through. And I meant what I said in court this morning. I don’t want Gus to feel like he’s being put between us, confused about what’s going on or where he stands in our lives.”

“I understand. I want what’s best for him too.”

“Good. I want you to stay away from him until you’ve worked through most of your problems. Then we’ll see about you having supervised visitation with him. I don’t want him worried or confused. He always needs to know he’s safe, and has a permanent home with me and Justin. I won’t relinquish my parental rights again, and Justin and I will remain his primary caregivers with permanent custody. Is that understood?”

“Yes, Brian, I understand. I’ll never challenge your parental rights again.”

“Good, now I’m starving… What do you have to eat around here, Deb?”

“Oh, I just took a pan of lasagna out of the oven. I was going to drop it off at the Vic Grassi House, but I can make them something else later. Who else is hungry?”

They all sit down at the table with Deb and Sunshine setting places and slicing fresh-baked bread. Brian looks around at his family, pleased that everyone seemed to be accepting all the changes taking place.

~~~

Justin’s POV

I’m thoroughly amazed by this man of mine. Who would have thought he’d forgive Lindsay for all the emotional pain and suffering she’s caused all of us? His heart is so big, and so full of love. I know this firsthand so I don’t know what I would have done if he hadn’t found it in his heart to forgive me after leaving him for Ian, I mean, Ethan. God, he has me saying that…

I’d be devastated and lost. I’m not sure I would have survived. I’ve hurt him so much, so many times. I’m so grateful he still loves me. Sometimes I can still hear our words echo through my head and through my heart… Our lives have changed so much since that last time I walked out of his life. I was so sure that was finally the end of our torrid love affair. It broke my heart leaving him standing there, letting my last question to him hanging in the air.

‘To be a couple both people have to want the same things, to move in the same direction. If they can’t or won’t, they really have no place to go.’

‘Probably not…’

‘Then why are we still doing this, if we both know it’s never going to work?’

‘Damned if I know.’

I knew that it was killing him as much as it was killing me. He was too proud, too set in his ways, and I’m guessing, too frightened of not living up to my expectations. So no one was more surprised than me when I found him standing underneath my bedroom window, tossing pebbles, hitting the glass. Beckoning me to let him in, back into my heart…

I guess it took all the pain and suffering for us both to finally realize that our lives would be forever bound together as one. I’m so grateful that he finally allowed himself to feel, and acknowledge his true feelings for me, accepting me into his life again with open arms.

Everyone thinks that Brian’s cold, cruel and unemotional… But if you know him, really know him, you know that that’s a facade. His mask of indifference is a way of hiding his emotions, something learned early in his childhood, to hide the pain inflicted on him by his parents.

Sometimes I want to kill them for treating him so poorly. No child deserves to feel unloved, and unwanted. It’s a miracle that he’s survived, but I’m guessing that’s because he found those in his life who love him unconditionally. Myself, Lindsay, Deb and yes, even Michael… As much as I hate to admit it, he was there for Brian when he needed a friend, a safe place to hide, and needed to be loved.

Thinking about it, I’m guessing that he’s struggling with his anger at Michael. He hurt us both very much. His actions shocked, and unnerved us, frightened us, and made us turn our backs on him. We now know that Michael suffers from manic depression, and schizophrenia - a disease that develops in your late twenties and early thirties. Thankfully, he’s been diagnosed and is receiving treatment. But that doesn’t mean that Brian doesn’t feel sorry and remorseful for their friendship ending.

I wonder if he feels the need to forgive Michael, the same way he felt today, seeing Lindsay, hurt and abused by her own family. Yes, she made some horrendous mistakes, hurt a lot of people, least of all Gus. But in the big picture she was just looking for love and approval. It’s no surprise that she and Mel fell apart again. Even though they love each other, they really aren’t good for one another. I think Mel’s much happier now that she’s back with Leda, and I just hope that Lindsay finds someone who completes her the same way.

I realize my mind is working overtime, as I look at the clock and see that it’s getting late. I need to start dinner. I hear the dogs barking out back, and Gus and Brian laughing, running around and chasing after them. It’s good to see them both so happy, Brian really is a great father. I’m so glad everything worked out the way it did this morning. Now we can all start getting back to normal.

~~~

After lunch at Deb’s, Brian and Justin left to pick Gus up from school. Mel asked Lindsay to go for a walk. It was warm outside and spring was in the air. As hard as this conversation was going to be, she had to talk with Lindsay about the changes in her life. She wants to make her understand that she has moved on, even though she still wishes Lindsay luck in finding her way towards her own future.

“I think Brian’s right, you should keep the house. You know all the neighbors, and it’s within walking distance of the gay and lesbian center. You always liked volunteering there, helping out the teenagers looking for guidance and understanding.”

“Thanks, Mel, I appreciate that. But tell me, where are you moving to? Will I see you? Is there any way we can remain friends?”

“I’d like that, Linds. I understand now that you were very unhappy in our marriage. I know things didn’t work out with you and Sam, but I know you’ll meet someone who brings out the best in you.”

“I do too… I just feel so lost right now. I’ve made so many mistakes and I feel like a fool. What must everyone think of me?”

“I think Brian’s right, you should go into therapy. You need to work through your emotions, and forgive yourself for your mistakes.”

“Who would have ever thought that Brian Kinney would be recommending therapy? It’s so unlike him.”

“Not really, Linds. He changed and I mean in a good way. I meant it today in court when I said that Brian is a good father. He’s very responsible, very patient and loving towards Gus and Jenny Rebecca.”

“God, Mel, I can’t believe I haven’t even asked how JR is doing.”

“We now call her Jenny, or Jenny Rebecca. JR’s a thing of the past. She’s good. She’s growing in leaps and bounds. Her and Leda have really bonded.”

“Leda?”

“Yeah. I wanted to let you know that Leda and I are back together now. She was a godsend after you left. I was a mess, and Leda helped me put my life back together. I hope that doesn’t upset you. I don’t want you to be hurt.”

“No, no, I’m fine. I’m just a little shocked, that’s all.”

“I can imagine. The thing is that when we split up, she was still very independent. She needed to be able to grow and mature, to find herself. She wasn’t ready to settle down. But after she visited us a few years back, she saw how gratifying life could be with having a family and making a commitment to just one woman.”

“I always knew she wanted you back!”

“Yes, she did. But she never approached me. She let me go, thinking we’d be together forever. She told me it broke her heart to see you living what she then wanted to be her life. But she respected you, us, and she bowed out gracefully. But when she heard rumors that we were over, she jumped right on a plane and made her true feelings known.”

“I’m… I’m happy for the two of you… I’m also sad that things happened the way they did. I’m sorry I hurt you, you didn’t deserve that.”

They come to a stop, realizing that they’d made it back to Deb’s garden gate. They reach out and hug one another, knowing that they’re both finally free to live their lives independently from one another with no hard feelings.

~~~

Brian’s POV

We talked after we put Gus to bed. Justin told me he understood if I needed to see Michael, if I needed to forgive him for all the pain he has caused. I was shocked by Justin’s generosity and willingness to accept that Michael may have his issues, but he’ll always be part of our family. I wasn’t sure if I was ready to totally forgive Michael, but I realized that for Michael to start healing, maybe we needed to talk about what happened.

Maybe talking would help Michael see that I’m truly happy. That I love Justin, and I plan on spending the rest of my life with him. Finally Michael could put all his pining and yearning for me behind him. To accept reality, and start moving on with his life. I look over at my husband, and I’m overwhelmed by his understanding, and his ability to forgive. I’ve never been more in love with him.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?”

“You’re beautiful. I mean, truly beautiful, inside and out. You never fail to surprise me. You have such a good heart, always trying to see the best in everyone.”

“Yeah, it’s a good thing I kept coming back to you and never gave up. I knew that eventually you’d let your guard down and let me into your heart.”

“Well, it was either that, or you’d just keep stalking me for the rest of my life.”

Justin dives towards Brian, loving when he’s playful like this. Brian grabs him and pulls him closer to himself, kissing him passionately. Soon the two of them are getting light-headed. They break for air, and then they start again. Brian licks the side of Justin’s neck, sending chills down his spine. Justin squirms in Brian’s arms, trying to block Brian from tickling him. It’s not fair. Brian isn’t nearly as ticklish as Justin, and he’s stronger so Justin usually ends up being the one pinned down and struggling to break loose.

“Stop! Stop! Brian!”

“Okay, Sunshine, I’ll let you catch your breath.”

Justin climbs up onto Brian, holding his wrists down on the bed, preventing another assault on his senses. They’re both laughing as Brian squirms a little. They both know that if he wanted he could just flip Justin over on his back without much effort, and begin his assault again. As they catch their breath, their eyes lock and soon they’re both overwhelmed with need. Justin releases his hold on Brian, and soon he’s in heaven as Brian gently strokes his penis, sending waves of desire to his core as pre-cum bubbles from his slit. Not breaking eye contact Brian smirks, “Don’t cum.”

“I’ll try not to…”

Brian pulls his lips into his mouth, grinning, thinking about their first night together. Just how naive Justin was, so innocent with so much longing. He knew he was special that first night, he just had no idea just how special or how he’d become the single most important person in his life.

Brian reaches over into the drawer, then hands him a condom.

“Go ahead, put it on my dick.”

Now Justin’s the one grinning, smiling his signature sunshine smile. Next he takes the tube of lube from Brian and generously covers Brian’s cock. He climbs up closer, until he’s positioned himself above Brian, and slowly lowers himself. He loves the sensation of Brian’s hard cock gliding deep into his warm ravine. He leans his head back, with his mouth slightly open, and slowly starts raising and lowering himself onto Brian’s rigid shaft.

Brian’s loves watching Justin take himself, loves the emotions that flash across his face and shudder through his limbs. Justin’s so lost in pleasuring himself Brian doubts that he’s even conscious of the little moans and sighs that are escaping his throat. Soon he’s enthusiastically thrusting himself down harder, fucking himself passionately as he squeals in delight.

He holds his cock in his hand, almost more for balance than stimulation. He’s close, very close, teetering on the edge of falling into the abyss. Moments later he’s consumed by his orgasm as he rides the waves of ecstasy. He coats his chest with sweet cream, as his lip quivers uncontrollably, and he cries out Brian’s name over, and over…

“Brian… Brian… Brian…”

Brian reaches out guiding him down until he lies across his chest, catching his breath, drooling…

That’s my boy… Like I said he’s beautiful… So fucking beautiful, and all mine…

TBC…