- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Brian patiently waits at Justin’s bedside…
Ten_Banner.png
Ten…
Title: Ten…
Story Type: AU
Word Count:
Rating: NC17
Beta Queen: BigJ52

Story Summary: How much life can change in Ten Minutes, Ten Hours, Ten Days, and Ten Years…
Story Sub-plot: Countdown to the Best Christmas Ever…


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…


Chapter Summary: Brian patiently waits at Justin’s bedside…


Ten...

Part 2 - Ten Days Later…

Brian was fussing with watering the flowers in Justin’s room; he had picked up the special order at Newman’s. Justin had ordered several small pots of Golden Gardenias - a type of star jasmine that grow in the tropics with a sweet orange aroma.

He had Justin moved to a private room, and brought sheets and a duvet that matched the loft’s as well as big pillows that he loved so much to help him feel like he’s at home. There were a couple of Justin’s paintings hung on the walls, and that silly fountain that Justin swore helped him relax…

It was amazing what you could persuade someone to do with the correct amount of donations… Brian has basically set up a small desk space next to Justin’s bed. He pushes the second bed next to Justin’s when he sleeps so he can still reach out and feel the touch of his skin next to his… he even found a old box of Justin’s cd’s that he made with Daphne in high school that he plays softly in the background…

The hospital staff had really tolerated just about everything up until they found that Brian had actually set up several small open cans of paint and turpentine on the tray next to Justin’s bed. They couldn’t understand that Brian was trying to communicate with Justin on every possible level… Sound… Smell… And touch…

So after they removed the obnoxious-smelling chemicals from Justin’s room, Brian gets up and locks the door after them… He’s kind of pissed. He thought that was a great idea… He’s running out of ideas… He even considered tickling him with his own paint brushes.

The doctors say Justin’s doing very well. He’s recovering nicely from his injuries, and his brain activity is unlike anything they’ve seen before. Unlike Terri Schiavo he’s definitely not brain dead. His brain is working overtime, but the doctors say he should be coming out of it soon, unless he’s just having too good a time playing in his head.

Justin had hit his head in the exact same place that he was hit by Chris Hobbs. When the swelling started again the doctors scheduled him for surgery. Then while relieving the pressure on his brain, they noticed a very tiny wood splinter working its way out of his cortex on its own.

It was amazing that a micro size splinter could put enough pressure on one brain to suppress so many memories. It was surprising that removing such a miniscule fiber could release so many trapped memories from ten years earlier.

Brian’s pissed that they shut down his paint intervention. He’s sitting on the bed next to him as he notices Justin’s huge sunshine smile, but his eyes are still closed. He’s still sleeping… He can’t help but run his fingers through his hair on the side of his head, and he reaches up and kisses Sleeping Beauty on the lips… No response…

It kills Brian a little inside. He really hoped that something would have helped pull Justin out of his coma. He leans over him, still running his hand through his golden locks when he notices Sunshine’s growing erection through the duvet.

Brian takes that as an invitation and decides that it really isn’t molesting him, since he is his dear sweet husband, and if they were at home he would think nothing of trying to waking him up this way. Besides, it’s been ten days without touching his beautiful porcelain skin.

He stands and turns off the lights in the room, only leaving on the tiny Christmas tree that Daphne insisted she put up. It’s only about eighteen inches tall but it’s real, and smells like Christmas, so what the hell.

Well the weather outside is frightening, and the fire is so inviting… So there’s only one place to go… Let it snow… Let it snow… Let it snow…

Brian climbs under the duvet until he reaches his Christmas bonus. He slowly places soft delicate kisses on the inside of both his thighs. Then he nuzzles his face into his soft blond little bush, thinking about how much he’s missed him these last ten days. He starts to run his tongue along that big beautiful vein that brings his love to life.

Brian wasn’t really conscious of Justin’s hand fisting his hair, or even the arch of his back when he lifts himself off the bed to allow Brian better access. No, it was the moaning, and little noises Justin made as he got more and more excited. As he got closer, and closer to the edge.

But what really got Brian’s attention was when Justin raised and stretched his right leg, kicking one of those little monitors, sending it flying about ten feet across the room. Smashing it into a ten billion pieces, and bringing the storm troopers of nurses, techs and doctors banging on the locked door.

Brian sat up fast as he’s brought out of his sexual haze. He abandoned Justin’s cock just as he started to cum. It now shoots all over Brian’s face, just as the Head Nurse unlocks the door. Everyone’s just staring at each other when Justin says in a very low gravelly voice, “Could we please have some warm towels and a menu? I’m starving,” like it’s room service.

Brian’s POV

Then he looks at me and says, “You’re not wearing your tux.” I smile and say, “I’m sorry, Sunshine, I didn’t realize it was a formal affair.”

The tech runs to get some warm towels, the Head Nurse just looks at me in disgust, leaving the room. Dr. Fleming says, “I see you found an intervention that worked.” Then he smirks.

The door starts to open again, as I almost have Justin all cleaned up. I’m standing there shirtless, holding washcloths and looking guilty as hell. Jen says; “Oh my God, did something happen?” I say, “He just spilled his juicy, but I’ve got him all cleaned up now.”

Justin smirks, and Dr. Fleming shakes his head and says under his breath, “You’re really something else. I’ll be back in a little while and we’ll start doing some testing on Justin’s motor skills. Try not to make a mess in the meantime.”

Jennifer hands Brian all the food she picked up from the diner, and embraces Justin, crying. She’s so happy.

“Oh Justin, honey… I’m just so glad you’re ok… I was so worried…”

Justin slowly looks around the room, very confused. Everything looks so…

“Mom, why are you here? Why don’t we meet you at a restaurant or something? Are you on vacation with us?”

“Jen, he really just woke up… Why don’t you let me talk to him first and explain?”

“Yes, you’re right of course.”

“Jen, do me a favor and don’t tell the gang he’s awake yet. He needs time to adjust, plus he’s going to be put through all those tests again.”

“Yes, of course you’re right. I’ll check back in a few hours.”

I close the door and say, “Well Sleeping Beauty, I thought you’d never wake up,” as I lean over and kiss him.

“Brian, where are we? It seems familiar, yet just wrong… I’m surrounded by our things from home but the room feels so white… sterile... but still familiar.”

He seems to have noticed all the equipment stacked up and beeping next to the bed. It’s kind of like the sound equipment and speakers on the side of the stage at a concert.

Yep, now he’s noticed the tubes and wires; he can barely see them as the electrodes are connected to his head and move down his chest. Now I see the fear slowly coming across his face. I pull him closer and just hold him. I tell him over and over again, “I’m right here. Everything’s going to be okay”. Just like I have for the last ten days. I hope this time he can really hear me.

He catches his breath and asks, “Is something wrong with my brain?”

His voice is so small and scared. I tell him I hope not, but we’ll have to wait and see. Then I say that with a score of 1500 on his SATs he can stand to lose a little knowledge. Besides I might be into the dumb-blond type as I get older. We both chuckle at that one. It’s good to see him smile.

He looks up and his eyes focus on something across the room. I follow his gaze as he stares. I go over and pick up the small potted plant and bring it over to him. He takes the Golden Gardenias and holds them between us as we both lean forward, placing our foreheads together, letting the sweet orange-scented nectar engulf our senses. He’s happy, truly happy.

All the fear I saw in his eyes just moments ago seems to be gone. Although he does seem to be crying a little, as he says, “I kept hearing you telling me that you were right here, that you weren’t going anywhere. To just come back to you.”

“But it was like I couldn’t quite reach you, and then I couldn’t figure out why I left you. And then I couldn’t stop thinking about all the times I left you… So many times, but I just kept coming back.”

“Then I realized that I was that fish swimming around in circles and every once in a while I’d get caught in the whirlpool or find myself swimming against the current. It took me a long time to learn to just relax and float.”

I’m not sure what he’s talking about, but he’s smiling.

He says, “Brian I may not have always known that you loved me, but I always felt it. No, that’s not it. I may not have always remembered that you loved me but I’ve always felt it, and I now know it. I know that you’ll always be here for me, and that you would never run away from me, and hopefully never push me away. Because I’m not going.”

“That’s my boy… never stop fighting…”

TBC...