- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian and Eric get back to their apartment and discuss Justin, then have a little bit of alone time.

Lily falls asleep on the cab ride home, so there is a reason not to bring anything up quite just yet. She has her head on Eric’s chest as she puffs out soft breaths onto his neck. So Eric can pretend that this is why Brian is barely saying a word on the 40-odd block drive to their apartment.

 

Eric had been surprised, to say the least, that he had actually gotten along with Justin. It isn't like he was expecting a downright brawl over Brian with them scratching each other’s eyes out. But he hadn’t expected to talk about living in New York or each other’s careers and especially not about their respective experiences with their mutual acquaintance, Brian Kinney. But they had. He had found that he had respected Justin. He can go as far as to say that he even likes him. But Brian more or less had sat there and occasionally chatted with Lily. It is times like those where Eric wants to remind his fiancé to keep his people skills in check a little better. But he understands that it was probably awkward for Brian, to say the least.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cab approaches their building and they pay the driver, before rushing into the entrance to get inside away from the cold and taking the elevator up to their floor. Brian gets his keys out of his pocket and opens the door for Eric and Lily. Eric walks past him to put Lily down on her bed. He takes off her coat, shoes, hat, and scarf, then tucks her in. After she is settled, Eric quietly shuts the door to her bedroom and turns to Brian.

 

“So…” Eric starts.

 

“What was that about?” Brian blurts out.

 

“What was what about?”

 

“You know what I am talking about. With Justin and the whole, ‘Oh, Justin! I am sure we will see each other very soon! We can even stop by the gallery tomorrow!’” Brian mocks as he kicks off his shoes and collapses onto the couch.

 

“I think we remember things differently.”

 

“Whatever, I was paraphrasing.”

 

“I was trying to be nice to him. He was respectful to me and I owed him the same courtesy,” Eric explains, “He seems very nice and I don’t know many people in this city yet outside of a few potential clients, so I wanted to make conversation.”

 

“…What, you want to be friends with him?”

 

“I am not aiming for that necessarily, but I am not completely against it. I was also trying to make up for your lack of conversational skills. You are the one who brought him to lunch and then you didn’t really say much and left the conversation up to us. It would have been awkward if we had just sat there.”

 

“Yeah…about that. I was just…”

 

“Weirded out? Uncomfortable?”

 

“Pretty much. Sorry.”

 

“I get it, Brian. I know it had to have been weird for you. I do know you. I know what you felt for him and that he will always hold a big place in your heart…I just hope that if we see him again or start seeing him on a regular basis that I don’t have to worry about my place in it too much?”

 

Brian sits up to look at Eric who, for the first time in years, looks a little insecure when it comes to Brian’s feelings for him. Brian hates seeing that look on his face. So he gets up and crosses the room to Eric, stares into his eyes, and kisses him, putting his arms around him in the process. Even though he has opened up more in the last several years due having both Justin and Eric in his life, he still hates saying the stuff he is about to say. But the truth needs to be put out there and he won't begrudge Eric of it.

 

“You don’t have to worry. I live with you. I share a daughter with you. I love you. Justin may have been the first person I have ever fallen for but not the only person. You, Lily, and Gus are the three most important people in my life. Okay?”

 

“I know. You too.”

 

Brian starts to kiss him again and gently directs him to their bedroom. Eric unbuttons Brian’s shirt and kisses his chest and collar bone as he slides it off. After the rest of their clothes are discarded, they fall back onto the bed. Eric manages to get Brian onto his back and plants kisses down his torso to his pelvis. He takes Brian’s cock in his mouth and does every trick he knows works on his lover to make the man moan and pant with need. When he brings Brian close to release, he stops and travels back up his body to kiss him again.

 

“Hmmph, wha?” Brian starts to say through the kiss.

 

“You said something when you texted me today that intrigued me.”

 

Brian looks confused for a moment and thinks back to earlier. He rolls his eyes and huffs out a laugh, then looks at Eric.

 

“Well…get to it then.”

 

“Are you giving into more of your primal urges in your advanced years, old man?”

 

“Please. You are NOT that far behind me and you are still my good little bottom 75% percent of the time.”

 

“I think it is more like 70%”

 

“Says you. Are you wanting me to change my mind?”

 

Eric laughs and plants kisses all over his lover’s face. Then he stares at Brian and says, “I want to see you when I am inside of you.”

 

Brian looks nervous for a moment, then meets Eric's eyes again and nods. He spreads his legs so Eric can settle himself in between them and feels Eric’s lubed fingers at his entrance. Brian gasps when Eric touches his prostate and moans when his lover finally enters him. As Eric increases his speed, Brian wraps his legs tighter around Eric, pushes back towards his thrusts, and rolls his hips for the maximum amount of pleasure. As Eric comes inside of him and brings him to completion as well, Brian does something he hasn't had to do in a while and tries to get Justin’s face out of his head.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading! Please review!