- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 Disclaimer: OK, if I haven’t said it before, I’ll say it now. This story is fan fic only. All chapters are for fun and non profit only and I do not own any part or characters from Queer as Folk. No copyright infringement is intended in any of these chapters.

 

Some S/M role-play. Some M/M sex. It’s a Leather Ball, whad-ja expect?

CINDERFELLA

Part 2

The Leather Ball

 

The next morning, Justin donned his bedsheet, ragged pants and thongs and went upstairs to cook breakfast for everybody.

The ashes were exceptionally dark last night so his hair and face were very black against the white bedsheet.

His relatives came down in a foul mood. The White Party had not turned out at all how they'd hoped.

"Good morning, said Justin pleasantly.

"Shut up!" growled Michael.

"What's for breakfast?" whined Ethan.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Craig asked.

"You know very well what it is. It's the sheet you left for me to go to the White Party."

They all snickered. "Don't tell me you actually went in that!" Craig asked disbelievingly.

"Of course not! But a change of clothes is a change of clothes."

"We'll see about that," Ethan said nastily. He and Michael put their heads together and began whispering. Uh oh. That was never good.

"How was the party, anyway?" he asked, hoping to distract them.

"Lousy! Some guy in a shiny suit showed up and monopolized the Prince. No-one else had a chance!"

"That's too bad," Justin said unconvincingly. He turned to wash the dishes. It was better than watching the three pigs eat.

He was nearly done when there was a terrible screeching sound right behind him. Justin covered his ears but it was no use. The sound ripped right through him like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Ethan was deliberately playing the highest, scratchiest, screechiest note he could on his violin. Justin screamed in pain. While he was thus incapacitated, Michael walked up and punched him in the stomach. Justin had a hard tummy and was not seriously hurt but the wind was knocked out of him.

As he gasped for breath, Ethan grabbed the thongs and then they both grabbed an edge of the neck hole and yanked sideways. There was a loud ripping noise and the sheet was ripped off him in half. He was left there, still gasping for air, in bare feet and only his grey pants with ripped leggings.

"All right boys! That's enough! Let Cinderfella get back to work," Craig said, from the living room.

" Later, Cinder-Soot!" said Ethan, punching him in the shoulder.

"Yah, laters, Cinder-Fella," laughed Michael, giving him a wet willy with dirty dishwater.

Justin dragged in a huge breath and just breathed for a bit. He looked at his ripped sheet sadly. "Ahh well, easy come, easy go," he thought. He finished the dishes, virtually naked. What was the difference?

Afterwards, he took the ripped sheets down to the basement. He threw them into the incinerator. The incinerator belched out a particularly foul black cloud that darkened his face and body and stuck in his hair like glue. He remained as black as his sheet had been white for the rest of the day. He sighed. He dressed in his grey tunic, tied the old rope around his waist and put on his wooden shoes like usual.

Justin spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon, working in the garden. The discordant tones of Ethan's violin floated out the window, but this was as far away as he could get from them on the weekend.

He thought and thought as he hoed and weeded.

Why did they despise him so? They were still family...sort of. Craig had loved his mother...once. And what was with the condoms? Justin had really been alarmed with all the defects. What was going on?

About 2PM, Justin put away the hoe and went inside. He could hear them getting ready for the Leather Ball.

"Stepfather, I want to go to the Leather Ball."

"They all looked at him incredulously and laughed. "You've got to be kidding," said Craig.

"Look, I don't know why you all hate me so much and right now I don't care! I've put up with a lot from you and you OWE ME! You made me miss the White Party and I want to go to the Leather Ball! There is plenty of leather here for all of us. You OWE ME!" Justin was breathing heavily as he finished his tirade.

All three of them stood there in shocked silence. Then Michael and Ethan moved forward to give Justin's kidneys a workout. This time, Craig let them for a minute, before waving a hand to stop. Ethan lowered his fists and Michael released Justin from the full nelson.

"I don't know what brought this on and I don't care. I'll make a deal with you. I'll have two boxes shipped from the factory. If you can do what you did before and sort 2000 condoms in an hour, I'll provide you with a leather outfit."

"Let's see it," Justin said distrustfully.

Craig showed him a black leather thong, some boots, chaps and gloves.

"OK?" he asked.

"OK. You got a deal," said Justin.

And so, the two boxes were shipped over and Justin took them out into the yard on the premise that he needed to use the sunlight to look for holes. This time, however, he took a wooden bowl with him.

When he was left alone, Justin knelt and touched the hazel tree and said, "Little spiders with your silk so fine, help me to again find the holes and reveal the truth. Help me again. Help me."

Again, a tiny spider dropped on its delicate thread in front of his face. Then another. And another. Soon, the area was swarming with spiders, even more than before.

Justin did his part, spreading the condoms on the ground, waiting for the spiders to check them, and the moving them aside to make room for more.

However, when there was enough, Justin filled the wooden bowl from the done pile. He could tell that again about 1 in 3 condoms were defective. He took off his tunic and draped it over the bowl, hiding it from view. The spiders crawled and spun, Justin kept condoms coming, and then packing them into the box again and suddenly the hour was up, and they were done. The spiders climbed the tree, spun a few strands of web and let go. As before, the air was filled with webbing and spiders as they flew off into the wide, wide world.

About 5 minutes after they had all gone, Craig appeared.

"Time's up. Are you done?"

Justin stood. "I am. I figure it's about the same as before. What is going on here? You're not selling these defective condoms, are you?"

Craig was enraged. "Never you mind! Mind your own business!"

"Funny...I thought it WAS my business."

Abruptly, Craig changed the topic. "Why are you naked?"

"The sun was hot, so I thought, I'd try getting a bit of a tan. I'm hardly naked. I have my pants on. Such as they are. Speaking of clothes, you owe me a leather outfit."

"You're right. Your suit will be waiting for you when you wake up. Thanks for your help chump!"

"I'm perfectly awake. You can get it for me now." Again, Justin moved to follow him into the house and again basically walked into the fist that knocked his lights out.

Justin woke up at sunset. Ohhh! He could feel that he was going to have a shiner on the other eye as well.

Justin retrieved his tunic and smiled to see the bowl of good and defective condoms was still there waiting for him. He picked up his tunic and the bowl and went into the house. It was deserted. His father and brothers had already left.

On the couch were a leather jockey cap and a leather jock strap along with a short note. It said:

A suitable suit for a CINDERFELLA!

Justin went down to the basement, removed the loose brick and hid the bowl of condoms along with the Prince's ring. When everything was replaced, he went upstairs again, retrieved the cap and jock strap and in nothing but his pants and wooden shoes, went out to the hazel tree.

"Debbie! If you're there, the time has come when I need your help again!"

There was a shower of sparks and Debbie appeared. She looked pretty much the same except now her t-shirt was black with a white stick figure of a man on it. The man's head was missing so of course underneath it said, NEED HEAD.

"Of course, Angel! I've been waiting for you to pull your head out of you ass and call me! What can I do?"

Justin gave her a quick run down of his stepfather's treachery and showed her the jock strap.

"Hey cute! You'll be one hot piece of ass with that on! Try it on!"

Justin looked at her like she'd lost it, but nevertheless complied. She looked him over but in nothing but a jockstrap and a jockey cap, she had to agree, "Hmm, I thing it needs a bit something more."

"Something more! Debbie, it needs EVERYTHING more!"

"Now don't get your panties in a twist, Sunshine, I'll take care of everything. But first, we need to get you transportation. Go get the mousetrap by the side of the house and bring me the lizard you find in it and a zucchini from the garden."

Mystified, Justin ran off in nothing but some leather underwear and a smile. There was indeed a small green lizard in the trap. He grabbed the cage and picked a large zucchini from the garden and returned to Deb.

ZAP! ZAP! The zucchini grew larger and larger and longer and longer and POOF! It transformed into a gleaming, black and chrome motorcycle. The leathery lizard grew up bigger and bigger and more and more leathery. He turned black and filled out even bigger and suddenly a huge biker in full leather, a Muir cap, and a bushy, black handlebar mustache that led into his muttonchops stepped forth.

"Wow!" he said, catching sight of the bike, "Sweet ride!"

"Glad you think so, Gearhead! You'll be using it to take Justin here, to there!" She pointed a red- nailed finger at the toy-sized castle.

"Mmmmmm, my pleasure!" The biker advanced on Justin and wrapped his gauntleted hands around his waist, cupping his tight bottom.

Justin gasped involuntarily at the feeling of the sensual leather seductively stroking his skin. He was unable to bite back a moan.

"That's enough of that! Back off boy, he's taken! Just wait for him in the driveway!" POOF! The motorbike and biker both vanished.

"Ohhh wow! Does all leather feel that good?"
Debbie just winked. "Judge for yourself!" she said. She pointed a red nail at his crotch and worked her magic.

The beam hit the jock strap and it sort of...bloomed. It spread up and over and down his body. His wooden shoes softened and encased his feet and spread up his legs. His hands glowed midnight black and he felt them being covered. And then it was done.

Justin looked down at himself. His wore black leather boots that reached up just below his knees. His legs were covered with black leather chaps. His jock strap had a silver zipper front and center. Behind him, he could feel the evening breeze on his bare ass. He wore a black leather vest with no shirt, showing off his beautiful, creamy chest. Over his hands were skintight, black leather gloves with elastic wristbands. A black leather armband was snapped to his right forearm. A leather bowtie finished the outfit.

Debbie looked him over from toe to top. "Not too fuckin' bad, if I do say so myself!" Then he looked at his blackened face and his black eyes. "Oh, Sunshine, not again!" she said sympathetically.

"I'm afraid so!" he grinned.

"She zapped away his shiners. Then she thought. "Hmm, you know, for once were are going to make those cinders and ashes work for you!" She ran her fingers through his hair and when she was done it was neat and parted to the right and black for real! She pointed at his face and Justin felt the ashes on his face concentrate and solidify and settle around his eyes. He felt up there and felt a shiny, latex infinity mask over his upper face. He put on the jockey cap, further concealing his identity.

"So, Deb! How do I look?" Justin struck a pose, his arms akimbo.

"Dark and mysterious and oh, so sc'rump'tious!" she said. "Now get going and knock the Prince's chaps off!"

Justin darted forward and gave her a quick hug. "Thanks for everything Debbie! I couldn't have done it without you."

"Any time sweetie!" Then she gave him a magic zap to get him moving. "Now get going! You're not getting any younger, you know. Oh, and remember! Same rules as before. You have only until 3 AM so make it count! And hurry back! You cut it kinda close last time!"

With that, she disappeared in a shower of sparks.

Justin grinned and hurried to the front where the motorcycle awaited. The biker looked at him appreciatingly.

"Ready to go, hot stuff?" he leered.

Justin climbed on the bike. "You bet!"

BAAARRROOOMM! They were off!

The motorcycle was a much faster ride than the Rolls. The biker was able to take corners faster, pass other vehicles, and even go through a few intersections he shouldn't have. In no time at all, they drove up to the castle and the biker let him off at the steps leading to the door.

"Call me when you need me!" he said and sped off toward the parking lot.

Justin went confidently up to the door and demanded to be shown to the Leather Ball. The guards bowed and showed him in. They took him to a different ballroom. The doors were double and heavy and painted black and over the doors were the words THE BABYLON BALLROOM.

Inside, the ballroom was huge. In the center of the room was an open area that was being used for a bondage demonstration. It formed a kind of theatre in the round. In this center area was a large, leather St. Andrew's Cross. Somebody was strapped by the wrists and ankles facing the cross. A large man in leather pants, studded harness, and executioner's mask was flogging him with a leather cat o'nine tails. Men and women, watched the show or just kissed, drank, talked, and danced primally all around it. There was a second floor wraparound balcony, where men were hanging over the edge watching the demo and, deeper in, were drinking and dancing. To the left and right there were tight metal spiral staircases leading to the second floor, four on each side. In each of the far, four corners of the room was a spanking bench, all of which were in use.

The ballroom was packed with both straight and gay couples, although there were more gay couples. The women were dressed in slinky cat suits and stiletto boots and dominatrix suits. Top men wore Muir hats, harnesses, chaps or leather pants, and tall leather boots. Many wore gloves or gauntlets but some didn't. Many just wore bracer type gauntlets. If they wore leather armbands they wore them on their left arms. Bottom men wore jockey caps, collars, leather shirts (or not), harnesses (if they were built well) leather pants or shorts, and boots. If they wore an armband, they wore it on their right arm. If a person was versatile they wore armbands on both arms. Some wore bandannas in their pockets or wore keys on their waists, left or right, according if they were top or bottom. The variations of the costumes were endless.

There was a spotlight on the center demo area, giving it good light. All around the rest of the ballroom, it was shrouded in darkness, lit up by flashing lights and eerie glowing blue bars. The result was that the ballroom was bathed in a flashing, blue glow.

Justin walked a few steps inward and took a few moments to look around, up, back, and around again trying to take everything in and found he could not. He was in sensory overload.

Justin looked around for Brian and couldn't find him. He decided to climb to the second floor and look things over. But before he could reach the stairs, his attention was drawn to the center area. There, he saw the large man in the mask and studded harness offering the cat o' nine tails to someone. It was Brian. He tested the whip and then gave the bottom on the cross a few ceremonial swats. Everybody cheered but Justin could tell by the look on Brian's face that he was not into it, instead a little bored and putting on a brave face.

Brian was very handsome tonight in a Muir cap, a leather t-shirt, a leather armband on his left forearm, belted leather pants and knee high black boots. He had on short, skintight leather gloves similar to Justin's.

Justin moved toward the center area. Brian continued to swat the guy's butt lightly and then finished. He released the submissive just as Justin got to the edge of the arena. Brian turned to go.

The masked executioner cried out, "Who's next?"

"I'll go next," Justin called. He stepped forward. "On the condition that I am topped by the Prince."

Brian froze. He recognized that voice. In a secret place, his heart leapt. Slowly he turned. Then it fell. It couldn't be the same man. This one seemed even younger and his hair was black. The previous night, even though his hair was silvered somehow, he could still tell that the man, whose kiss had affected him so deeply, was blond. Anyway, it didn't matter. He didn't do repeats.

Slowly, the two men approached each other from opposite sides of the floor. All around them, the primal beat went on. The light was bright on them and they knew some people were watching but that many drank and danced to their own beat as well. Either way, they couldn't see, from their point of view, the edge of the theatre in the round was blacked out. As far as they cared, they were alone. They met each other in the center of the floor.

Brian was fascinated but he hid it. The man had the same blue eyes behind the mask. "Go home, little boy. This is not for the faint of heart."

Justin was fascinated. Prince Brian's eyes were golden tonight. They were the most beautiful things he had ever seen. "That's good. Because my heart is not faint. It is strong and true and brave when I'm with someone I trust."

"There is no one here that you can trust. That is the whole point of the Leather Ball. To flirt with danger and party with strangers."

"Why do you think I asked for you?"

Brian grabbed Justin by the chin. He held him almost painfully tight. He stared deep into Justin's eyes and forced Justin to look into his golden ones. Then he slowly ran his hand down his neck. Justin savored the sensual feel of the leather.

"Go home little boy. You can't take it."

"I've taken more punishment than you can possibly imagine." Justin shrugged off his vest and let it fall.

Brian's hand moved down that smooth as silk, creamy white chest, tested a nipple, found it very sensitive by the excited hitch in the young man's breath. Then, like a striking snake, he grabbed his neck and jammed his face into the padded back of the St. Andrew's cross. As he strapped him in, he was dimly aware of cheering. He tuned it out. He wasn't doing it for them. Hell, he didn't know why he was doing it at all. But he liked this kid's moxy.

Justin was filled with a strange mix of fear and excitement as he felt the padded leather straps tighten around his wrists. Fear because he was helpless. Excitement because he wondered what Brian was going to do to him. And a large part of him couldn't wait to find out.

As Brian finished, he whispered, "You doing OK?"

"I'm a little bored. I'm kind of a rope man, myself," Justin answered cheekily.

He was self-satisfied when he heard Brian's sharp intake of breath of excitement.

Brian flourished the whip a few times for the benefit of the crowd. Then he snapped the many-tailed whip onto Justin's back in such a way that it looked like it was hard but when it actually connected merely felt like a bee sting, which quickly faded.

Justin did not have to fake the flinching reaction but he played along making out that it was much worse "Ohhhh! Owwwww!" he groaned.

SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! The cat snapped over his back, his shoulders, and his bare butt. The discipline stung but it was nothing compared to the real beatings he had endured at the hands of his stepbrothers.

Finally, he could tell Brian had had enough. He leaned against Justin's backside and grabbed his throat and yanked his head back "painfully" hard. Justin gave an excited intake of breath as he felt Brian's arousal straining through his pants against his bare ass. If it wasn't for that thin layer of fabric...Justin gave a shudder of excitement.

Brian felt it and gave a smug smile with his tongue in cheek. Out of sight of the crowd, he imperceptibly, stroked his leathered thumb in the hollow of Justin's throat. Justin bit back a moan.

"So...had enough, PUNK?!" he growled, loud enough for the crowd to hear.

Justin slumped in "defeat". He nodded. "Yes SIR!" he answered.

The crowd cheered. Brian ignored it as he untied Justin and retrieved his vest. "Thank you, Your Majesty," said Justin, letting Brian put on his vest.

"Call me Brian. You want to get a drink?"

"Thank you, Brian. Yes, I'd like that."

Brian grabbed an extra leash from the regular masked demonstrator's display and hooked it onto Justin's bowtie in a show of ownership. "Well then boy, come along."

Justin let himself be "dragged" away to the bar. It was a relief to be out of the bright lights at last. They got a couple of ales and rested for a bit watched the sights. Justin saw a guy in some leather pants with no ass like his and a black leather cowboy hat. He saw someone in nothing but boots, leather underwear, and a strange shirt completely made of large chain mail rings. And many other staggering combinations.

After they finished their drinks, Brian asked, "Wanna dance?"

"You bet!"

As they moved toward the dance floor, they passed one of the spanking benches. Justin was pleasantly surprised to see that Ethan was strapped down, his bare ass wiggling in the air.

He caught sight of Brian. "Oh Prince! Prince! Spank me! Spank me!" he squealed.

Brian whispered to Justin, "That guy looks like he dipped his chin in something from the toilet!"

Justin giggled slightly; relishing the secret that Brian had told him almost the very same thing the night before.

Brian ran a single leathered finger from Ethan's neck, slowly all the way down his spine to his butt crack. Ethan shivered in pleasure. Brian bent down close to Ethan's ear.

"I wouldn't touch you to spit on you," he whispered.

Ethan's face fell.

"I WOULD!" Justin cried. He picked up a black paddle with holes in it. "Mind if I have a crack at him?" he asked Brian.

"Be my guest!" said the Prince.

"No! No! I want the Prince to do it!" protested Ethan.

Justin indicated the straps and disguised his voice making it deep and gravelly. "Looks like you're in no position to argue, little boy."

And he proceeded to paddle Ethan until his asscheeks were bright pink.

At last, he handed the paddle to the next it line. "He likes it rough. Pass it on," He whispered in the mustachioed leatherman's ear.

Then he moved to the dance floor with the Prince and they began bumping and grinding to the primal thumpa thumpa beat.

"So what's your name?" asked the Prince.

"That I cannot tell thee," answered Justin.

Brian gave him a look. "What did you say?"

Justin looked into his golden eyes and wished he could. "I said, that I cannot..."

"I heard you." Brian pulled on his leash and grabbed his lush, tight, bare ass. Justin moaned at the incredible feeling of leather and ownership on his ass.

"I'm your master. I've captured you. I order you to tell me your name."

"I'm afraid, Your Majesty, the only name I can leave you with, is Ash."

Justin and the Prince danced all night. If anybody tried to cut in or take Justin away, Brian would keep tight hold of the leash and say, "Fuck off, asshole, this boy's ass is mine. Get your own slave!"

At one point, Brian danced Justin over to the edge of the ballroom. Justin was unaware until his back hit the wall. Brian's arms went up and his palms went flat on the wall on either side of Justin, trapping him in place.

"God, that mask is so hot! It's been driving me crazy all night!" Brian kissed him hotly, tongue fucking him for a long time. Justin didn't think anything could feel so good until slowly Brian's hands slowly framed his face and began to slowly stroke his cheeks with leathered thumbs. Justin whimpered. NOW, he was in seventh heaven.

As Brian continued to french him mercilessly, Justin felt those gloves slowly move down his face, down his neck, over his shoulders, down his chest, over his nipples where they pulled and twisted for a while turning Justin into a malleable mush. Then, slowly, those hands moved lower and lower and found the zipper with the hard member behind it.

"Well, well, well!! What have we here?"

Justin cheekily throbbed against his hand. "If I have to answer that, you're in the wrong room."

"True." Brian pulled the zipper down.

"Uh, Brian...It's not that I don't want you to...because I do...but we have an audience."

It was so. Jealousy permeated the air as a semicircle of men 3 deep surrounded them.

"I don't care, Ash. I WANT them to watch." Brian released his cock and kneeling before him, proceeded to give Justin a most artistic blowjob that had him writhing against the wall in mindless pleasure and, no doubt, a huge spectacle. In what seemed like no time (but it wasn't) Justin climaxed hard. He cried out in pure pleasure. Brian sucked greedily, swallowing every drop.

"Ok, little boy, your turn!" Brian reversed their positions and pushed Justin to his knees.

"Wait Brian, before we...OH...MY...GOD...before we..uhhhhh....what was I saying? Oh yeah, what time is it?"

"It's only 1:45. Why?"

"It's all right. But my time draws nigh. I must leave soon."

"You're not going anywhere, little boy. I'm going fuuu...uhhhhhh...uhhhhh.....ohhhh...MY...GOD.....ooooohhhhhhhh......"

And Justin was off, with his own artistic ministrations on Brian's enormous masterpiece of a donkey cock.

Fifteen minutes later, after driving Brian crazy, and earning the respect and awe of the entire crowd, which had now grown to a close semicircle of guys 5 deep and spawned several side orgies, Brian came in a gush.

"Ohhh....Ohhh...Ohhhh GOD!"

Justin was treated to his first taste of cum. It was thick and salty and not entirely pleasant but it was also Brian. Pure Brian. And that made it the most delectable nectar in the world. Justin swallowed every drop.

There was resounding applause for the man who had blown the Prince of The Loft.

Brian pulled Justin up by his leash and kissed him deeply again tasting his own self on Justin's tongue. Justin loved the way Brian sucked on his tongue and felt as consumed as it was.

"Come on Ash. Let's go to the back room. We'll fuck like creatures of the night."

"Tempting. Hey, wait a minute! Do all your ballrooms have back rooms?"

"Of course. Don't they all?"

"That I cannot say. What I can say is that I'm loud and proud but I promised my mother I'd also be pious and good. Tell me you love me and I'll go with you."

Brian's eyes narrowed.

You're a strange one, Ash."

"I know. But love is strange. I knew I loved you when you tried to warn me away from the cross three times. And you showed me your love right now with that incredible blowjob. Tell me what you have shown me."

"All I know is I want your cute little ass. Fucking is for queers. I don't believe in love." Brian spoke the line like...well as if he were speaking a line.

"Then I suppose I must go. What time is it?"

"A little after 2:00 AM."

"I really do have to go! But I will come again tomorrow."

"Sorry Ash... I don't do repeats." Again is was spoken but there was no feeling behind it.

"Then I pray, give me a token, so that I'll remember you and this night forever."

As if in a dream, Brian unsnapped his armband and snapped it onto Justin's left arm.

"Thank you Brian. I'll treasure it always." Justin kissed Brian's frozen lips. "I must go."

"Who are you? Who are you really?"

"I cannot say. For your protection. And for mine. I am only Ash."

"Ash, don't go! It doesn't have to end."

"Tell me you love me and it doesn't ever have to end."

"I - I - I...I can't."

Justin's expression was indescribably disappointed and sad. Slowly, with one hand he reached up and stroked Brian's cheek. With the other, he unhooked the leash from his bowtie and handed it to Brian.

"Then I must go. Good-bye. You've made this night as dark and erotic as the leather it's named after. Goodbye, my Prince"

Sorrowfully, Justin turned away and vanished into the crowd. Within seconds he was lost, camouflaged by the other hundreds of leathered bodies.

Brian zipped himself up and slumped against the wall. He tried not to care as he walked through the crowd, pretending to browse. But he didn't want to browse. What was it about Ash that affected him so deeply? And what was with that exchange? Was that Starshine? Holy Shit, did he just do a repeat? He looked at the leash in his hand and realized he didn't know and he didn't care. It just didn't matter.

With a wordless, primal cry, Brian dropped the leash and ran for the door. Far away across the room, he could see the door open and close.

"MOVE! MOVE FOR THE PRINCE!" he shouted as loud as he could, but it was no use. The thumpa thumpa beat drowned him out. A few people heard and moved aside but progress was slow. Again and again Brian shouted but it seemed to him as if he was swimming through a sea of black strap molasses.

Meanwhile, Justin began jogging through the halls being directed by guards to the way out. He decided not to waste a minute of time to get home before the curfew this time.

After what seemed like an eternity, Brian reached the door. He yanked on the heavy thing and darted through, out of the crush and the noise at last. The hallway was cool on his face after the heat in the ballroom. He breathed deeply a few times before running for the door. "Ash! Wait! ASH!"

Justin's primary mission was getting back before transforming back into a pauper. Dimly he heard his alias being called. He quickened his pace. He was at the door.

Someone was definitely calling his name. Oh, no, it was Brian! He could change back at any time and when he did Brian wouldn't even recognize him. Plus he'd be stuck here! He had to get away!

Justin ran out the castle doors and down the royal purple carpeted steps. He yelled, "Motorbike with man in black! I need you now! Take me back!"

A few seconds later, the man with the mustache zoomed his way around and screeched to a halt in front of the steps.

At that moment, Brian appeared at the door.

"Ash! Ash, wait! Don't go! Stay with me!"

"I'm sorry my Prince! I dare not linger any longer. I will come again tomorrow."

Justin got on the bike and they zoomed away.

Brian's gut twisted with something he couldn't figure out. Who was THAT guy? Why was Ash taking off with him? Was he being kidnapped? Were they an item?

Deciding he didn't like either scenario, Brian ran down into the outer courtyard where a number of motorbikes were parked. Picking one at random, Brian jumped on, pulled on a helmet, and revved the starter. He zoomed out the main gate, over the drawbridge, and down the road. Far away, he could see Ash's motorbike entering the city. He sped up.

Justin heard a buzzing sound and looked behind him. Oh no! Brian was chasing him! This wasn't how things were supposed to turn out at all!

He turned to the driver. "We're being followed!" Get away! Get home!"

"No problem, boss!"

The biker sped up and began taking a twisting route through the city. However, Brian was no slouch with a motorcycle and followed them. Fortunately, because it was so late, there was very little traffic and they basically had the roads to themselves.

Brian chased Justin for a half an hour. He was not able to catch up but he kept on their tail. Justin heard the town clock chime quarter to.

"We've only got 15 minutes to get me home! Do something!"

"I do have one thing up my sleeve! But I'll need your help, little master!"

"What is it!?"

The motorcycle zoomed through the streets turning, twisting, doubled back, went under a bridge they just went over and zoomed out of town. Suddenly, Justin realized they were headed for a huge, wide chasm spanned by a broken bridge. There was no way they could jump it. Brian was still behind them.

"You must give me some of your magic! Say you will give me your mask, your invisibility!

I'll have no use of it if we're caught! Yes! I give up my mask to you!"

Instantly, he felt the latex mask vanish from his face and he knew the black ash from whence it came had replaced it.

The motorcycle swelled, grew monstrously large, as big as an elephant. Justin held onto his driver as tight as he could.

Behind them, Brian's eyes grew wide with wonder and fear. The huge motorcycle sped up impossibly fast and jumped the gorge. It seemed to fly. Even so it just cleared the gorge. Then its wheels spun for a moment as the wheels tried to grip the road. When they did, the huge bike shot down the straight road like a bullet. They were gone in two seconds. The only evidence they were there was a trail of fire, which quickly burned away.

Brian screeched to a halt. He skidded to a stop just at the edge of the gorge. He couldn't believe what he had just seen. But that paled in comparison to the sadness and disappointment that ripped through his soul. Ash was gone. He was alone.

He turned around and returned to the toy-sized castle. He figured he'd have some explaining to do, but, hell, he was the Prince, he could make easy restitution. However, when he got back, he was disgusted that nobody had even noticed. Everybody was still in there, eating his food and drinking his liquor and nobody even noticed he wasn't there. Somewhere, the town clock struck three.

Snapping his fingers, he summoned an attendant and ordered him to refill the borrowed cycle's gas tank. He told him to tell the guards to inform everyone the party was over when he was done. The attendant snapped his heels and assured him it would be done. Brian went up to bed. His body and soul were weary as death.

Meanwhile, Justin's bike drove so fast, the entire world went by in a blur. The biker only drove for about 5 seconds before slowing down and stopping. Justin blinked. They were in a totally unfamiliar countryside just outside a small and totally unfamiliar village.

"Where are we?"

The bike shrank back to normal. "We' are seven leagues away, little master. We have lost him. We are safe."

Safe! But how am I to get home? I only have a few minutes."

Here. Take my boots." The biker kicked them off. They are seven league boots. Put them on and take one step...just one step, mind you, little master...and you will find yourself within walking distance of your home. Hurry though, for when the last chime of 3 sounds, they will vanish away like everything else."

Justin hurriedly pulled off his own boots and easily slipped into the bigger man's shoes. "Thank you. Thank you for everything!"

The unfamiliar village clock gave a strange tinny chime. DING!

"Hurry Master! Go!"

"I will. Goodbye!"

DING!

Justin picked up his own boots and took one step back along the road where they had come. There was a sort of blurred flash and suddenly Justin was on a different country road. In the distance, he saw a toy-sized castle. He smiled.

There was a distant BOOONNNGGG! The third chime.

The seven league boots vanished away, leaving him in bare feet. He was holding wooden shoes. He was in his tunic and leggings and his face, body and hair were black with soot. He was Cinderfella again. He looked down the road and smiled at the thought that somewhere there was a zucchini lying in the middle of the road and a green, leathery, lizard running blissfully free.

He put on his wooden shoes and started the trek home. In about half an hour, he got there. Dang! His father and brothers were home! Ah well!

Justin snuck around the house and lay down at the foot of the hazel tree. He reached under his tunic to his left arm and unsnapped the Prince's token armband. He stroked it with his thumb and thought of the erotic evening past. He thought of how Brian had called him back, had chased him. He knew he loved him. Why wouldn't he tell him so? Brian's voice echoed in his head.

"I don't do repeats...don't do repeats...don't do repeats..."

Justin caressed the armband and cried and cried.

 

 

 

  Eventually, he cried himself to sleep. He fell into a deep, exhausted slumber.