- Text Size +

CINDERFELLA

Part 4

The Prom

 

 

For a few seconds, Justin just stood there, riveted to the spot. The sudden stillness and silence was startling.

Then he dashed forward and picked up the golden card from the floor and for a few seconds just turned it over and over in his fingers, marveling in wonder and thankfulness for this wonderful gift. Then he put it carefully away in his last remaining pocket.

He turned toward the tablecloth and saw that indeed, there were plenty of cakes and scones left including one dish with a pyramid of three large chocolate éclairs. He procured one and wrapped in carefully in an extra serviette and put it aside. Then he clapped his hands and said, "I am done. Lay all away. And...thank you." He felt a little strange addressing an inanimate object but there you go.

Everything vanished away. The now empty cloth folded itself up into a neat square and poof! As quick as you can say tickety-boo, everything was neat and tidy and ordinary again.

Justin marveled and thanked God and the fairies for his good fortune. He lay down on his mat, a little bored but no longer stressing about hunger or the future, which made things a lot better. He lay there for a few hours, mulling over everything he had been told and what he was going to do about it.

Soon the activity overhead began to increase. Thumpings and slammings were frequent. Feet ran back and forth, over and over. Excited and angry voices argued with each other. Justin chuckled. Looks like his step schleps were trying to get ready for the Prom Ball. Quietly, he crept up the stairs and tried to listen at the door.

"Where's my tie?"

"Where's my shirt?"

"Where're my shoes?"

"Where they always are! Your closet!"

"They're dirty!"

Well, clean them, fool!" Craig snarled. How's dinner coming!"

"I told you! I only know how to make cereal and sandwiches! Oh, Dad! Can't we let the Cinderfella out for a while? He'd help us if we asked nicely. Or I'll just ask him! You don't even have to look at him! He usually does all this stuff and I just don't know what to do!" wailed Michael.

"NO! He's going to stay down there until he learns who's Boss around here! If fact I may not let him out tomorrow, either! Not until he comes CRAWLING begging for a morsel of food and BEGGING for forgiveness, then MAYBE I'll let him out!" Craig yelled. He truly sounded insane now.

"Geez Dad, what's got up your craw?" Even Ethan was puzzled.

"Mind your own business! Don't you have a shirt to find?"

And on it went.

Justin listened for a while longer until it was apparent that they were gathered in the kitchen for a dinner of cold cereal, burnt toast, cheese sandwiches and apple pieces, which Michael had cut his finger on while cutting up. According to his word, he was not being left alone for a minute and was unable to return to the basement.

As soon as Justin realized this, he returned downstairs and went to the tablecloth. He thought of that lovely chicken parmigiana he had planned to make that night. He clapped his hands. "I am hungry, give me something to eat.... please."

The cloth unfolded and there it was. An elegant place setting for one appeared. There was a candle in a silver candlestick burning and a single red rose in a crystal vase. There was a flute of champagne and a tall glass of milk. There was silver cutlery on a cloth napkin that was so blue it matched his eyes. On a white china plate there was a large serving of chicken parmigiana, steamed vegetables, and a baked potato with a square of melting butter, just like Justin loved best. There was a roll of bread and on another smaller china plate was HUGE slice of devil's food cake.

Justin was delighted. He sat down cross-legged and dug in. He chuckled as he thought of the step relatives eating cold cereal, lame sandwiches, and apples as he ate this warm chicken and chocolate cake. He ate and drank until he was stuffed. Then he blew out the candle and stood. Clapping his hands, the thanked the cloth. "I am done, lay all away."

Obediently, everything vanished and it folded itself up.

Justin went up to the door and listened. There was a lot of scuffling, running around and last minute arguing and then finally the front door slammed and locked. They were gone.

Justin sat and breathed deep. He mustn't rush. Carefully, he counted slowly to 100. He listened. Nothing. They were really gone.

Taking out the credit card, he put it between the door and the jamb. He moved it down and wiggled the doorknob. There was a ‘click' and the door easily opened.

Justin moved quickly. He dashed upstairs to Craig's room. It was locked. Justin used the card on it and it opened obediently. He went to the wardrobe. It was locked. Justin slid the card between the two doors. ‘Click!'

Left side. Bottom drawer. Locked. Surprise! Surprise! ‘Click!"

At the bottom was his mother's treasure box. Justin teared up a little. He never thought he'd see it again. Quickly he searched through it, till he found a thick envelope at the bottom. He grabbed it and opened the contents and saw the large calligraphied letters: LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT. Bingo.

Justin stuffed the will back into the envelope. He replaced everything else in the treasure box and put it back in the drawer. He replaced everything back in the drawer as he had found it. He shut the drawer and paused. He wondered.

He slid the card in and jiggled it around. There was a ‘click.' The drawer was locked. Fantastic.

Justin closed the wardrobe and locked it. He grabbed the envelope, got out of there, locked the door. Ran downstairs to the basement, removed the brick and stuffed the will and the Prince's armband into the hidey-hole. It was getting crowded in there. It now held: The white gold ring, leather armband, bowl of condoms, and the Will, but Justin figured he had room for a few more items. He closed everything up, hid the tablecloth under his straw mat, grabbed the saved éclair, and ran upstairs, out of the house and into the back garden at last.

"Debbie! Debbie! Are you there? Will you help me again?"

"There was a shower of sparks. "Of course Sunshine! I've been waiting for you."

"Oh good! Thank you! I had to...Oh, my! Why are you wearing that?"

Tonight Debbie was wearing valentine shaped red tinted sunglasses, red furry collar with a valentine clasp, a two toned red striped fur coat, a red skirt, and grey gloves. Ever present was the thick red lipstick and red frizzy hair.

"Because tonight's formal night baby! And although you're going in the flesh, I'll be there in spirit! And this is what I always wear to parties I crash!"

"Now that, I believe!" said Justin with an impish smile.

"Anyway, angel, what were you saying? What took you so long?"

"Oh yeah, I had to take care of a few things. That is - uhhh - I mean..."

"I know just what you had to take care of! That was pretty shrewd of Emmett to skirt the rules and tell you all that. He and I had a long talk and..."

"Oh, I hope he's not in trouble! Look, I'll take responsibility, I made him..."

"And I gave him his promotion!"

"Oh, that's wonderful! Thank you Debbie!" Justin sagged in relief.

"Funny! That's just what HE said!" Debbie quipped, "Now, back to you! Did you bring the chocolate éclair?

"Yes, I did. Here you go!" Justin held it up.

"Thanks but no thanks, Sunshine! Put it over there on the ground and then go to the mousetrap and bring me the black rat you find in it."

Justin hurried to comply. When he returned with the rodent, he found Debbie was already done and had transformed the éclair into a sleek, black, stretch limo.

ZAP! The sleek black rat grew and stood up and grew some more and POOF! He transformed into a chauffeur with a sleek black uniform with skintight black leather gloves.

After giving him the directive to wait, Debbie zapped them to the driveway.

She rubbed her palms together in glee. "Hang onto your edible underwear, Sunshine! We're going to make you live up to your name!"

With that, she held out her palms and blasted him with both hands. Justin was engulfed in a pillar of light that could be seen at the palace. (had anybody been looking) Justin felt himself change both inside and out. His tunic and ripped pants and wooden shoes were burned away and he felt his weary soul melt away as well. He felt rejuvenated and confident and sexy. The pillar of light moved closer and closer and suddenly he was the light. He was made of light. And he could feel it. The light pulsed through him. He absorbed the light and then they were one and the same. It faded and he stepped forth.

Justin was wearing a black tux, a white shirt, a charcoal blue bow tie, and shiny black, leather loafers. His teeth gleamed a lovely white. His eyes were piercingly bright, like blue fire. His hair was a beautiful part to the right. It was luminescently blond. It literally glowed like living light, as if that pillar now lived within his head. And perhaps it did. Justin felt that he could control it, turn it dimmer and brighter at will.

Debbie sniffed in happiness. "This is my crowning achievement. It really is. You are beautiful Sunshine. Tonight, you are Sunshine!"

"Yes. I feel it. I have never felt like this before. I can feel a well of untapped joy waiting for me to unplug it. I feel as if I did, I could light the world!"

You would. You really would. So you need to be careful Justin. Take it easy on the Prince and the other mortals at the party. Also, this is a formal, so there are no masks tonight. Instead I can give you a cloaking spell but there will be a price to pay. The spells will break at midnight tonight so you must get home by then. Agreed?"

Agreed."

ZAP!

BJBJBJBJBJ

The limo pulled up to the entrance to the castle.

"I'll be in the parking lot sir," the chauffeur said as he opened the door, "Call me when you need me, and I shall pick you up here."

"Thank you." Justin stepped out. He walked up the purple stairs for the third time and flashed the guards a brilliant smile and turned up his shine. The guards, dressed formally for the occasion were properly dazzled and thought he was royalty. They showed him to the right ballroom without question.

Justin was led to a third ballroom. This one was named THE GYM BALLROOM over the door. A guard opened the door and Justin was ushered inside.

This ballroom looked like a giant gymnasium with different lines painted all over it and a hardwood floor. The room was decorated with crepe paper and a flashing lights and a disco ball that reflected that light everywhere. It was of course, packed with wall-to-wall people, all who were in formal wear, Men in tuxes, women in ball gowns. There was a close gay/straight mix.

Up to that point, Prince Brian was very depressed. He was bored and lonely and he missed Ash. Or...whoever Ash was. He was also angry with his parents and himself. That morning, his father had reminded him that he had yet to find a true love and that he must make a choice at the end of the evening or their deal to have Brian ascend the throne would be null and void. But he was angry with himself because he didn't know if he could do it. The stubborn walls around his heart would not let him commit to one person. He still did not really want to do repeats. Although if that were true, why couldn't he get a certain pair of piercing blue eyes out of his head!

Since the ball began an hour or so ago, Brian had been looking and looking at the different men. Too tall...Brown hair...blond hair but green eyes. He was also pissed off because there seemed to be loads of blonds here but whenever he turned one around, there was something lacking. It wasn't...him. But who was...he anyway. And every time he poked someone, he was obliged to dance with him. But it was never him, it was always all wrong. They didn't fit together well. And his boredom, frustration and depression would rise.

And then HE entered. Everyone turned to look. Everyone was drawn to look. And Brian knew. Brian knew it was him.

The man who entered was about 5'8" and was about 18 years old. He was dressed in a handsome tux but what everyone noticed and marveled at was that the young man had blond hair that glowed with an internal light and sparkling, piercingly blue eyes.

The man smiled at everyone, basking in the attention. His smile lit up his face in rapturous joy and his hair glowed an even brighter gold. The light bathed his face golden and reached up off his head toward the ceiling. It created his own spotlight. Similar to the White Party, it was as if he was standing alone in the dark under a streetlight. Only this time it was a light generated from inside him.

The man scanned the crowded room until he found Brian. When he saw him in another blond man's arms his smile faltered a bit and his shine went down a little but he recovered quickly. Their eyes met and locked.

He strode across the ballroom and went up to Prince Brian. Everyone made way for him, as he knew they would.

He bowed before the Prince. "Good evening, Prince Brian, this is a wonderful Ball. I bow before you."

"It is I who should bow before you," Brian returned softly. Then he shook his head slightly. Where did that come from?

"The young man smiled brilliantly. "Time will tell," he said, I see you have a dance partner. However, if you get a chance, I would love it if you would dance with me."

"I -I..." Brian's throat closed. What the hell? Did he have a dry throat? What was going on here?

Justin bowed again and turned away. A little ways off he found a pretty girl about his own age with black frizzy hair and asked her to dance. Justin knew she would not refuse.

The girl's name was Daphne and she was in an honors scholarship education program that was being funded by the Prince and would allow her to become a physics teacher in another two years. Justin liked her immediately.

They danced a dance and were halfway through their second when Justin was aware of a presence behind them. He turned and smiled.

Brian was standing a short distance away. He wore a black suit and a black shirt with no tie. The shirt was open at the top exposing his throat and the top of his chest hair. Around his neck was a white silk scarf and on his head he wore a simple gold coronet with rubies set into it all the way around in a line.

Justin just stared, drinking the Prince's beauty. His eyes were brown with gold flecks tonight.

"Good evening your Majesty. How is your dance partner?" He tried not to sound jealous and succeeded. Mostly.

"Gone."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm not. You see...I was looking for you. And once you tap someone on the shoulder at these things...well, you have to take him once around the floor. But he is not my partner. You are."

"Time will tell. So what made you decide on a Prom?"

"What can I say? I thought I d recapture my lost youth."

He spoke to Daphne, but couldn't tear his eyes from the blue eyes he knew so well.

"You look hot Daphne. I'd fuck you. Mind if I borrow your date?" he said. His voice carried, assuring that her dance card would be full for the rest of the night.

"Sure." She curtsied. "You two have fun."

Brian hooked a finger through Justin's bow tie and led him onto the dance floor. A snappy song with a lot of acoustic guitar came on. Brian swept Justin into his arms. They fit together like a lock and a key. Brian was able to let go of his frustration and depression at last. He sighed with a deep contentment.

Justin was filled with joy. His sunshine grew brighter and created their own personal spotlight. Everyone stopped and gave them room to dance and to witness the beautiful wonder. But as for Brian and Justin...they were alone.

As they began to dance, Brian took off the scarf and placed it around Justin's neck He took his hand and twirled him once twice three times. Justin held an arm stiff behind himself, in the masculine fashion. Brian grabbed him about the waist again and their bodies mashed together, again in a perfect fit. Brian moved it for a kiss but at the last minute Justin moved away, teasing him. Justin spun him around so that he was pressed up against his back and pulled his jacket half way off, trapping him. Brian smiled delightedly play struggling against the bondage. Then Justin pulled it all the way off and threw it to Daphne who laughed delightedly. She had never seen the Prince so happy. She gave his coat to an attendant.

Justin took of the scarf and wrapped it back around Brian's neck and used it to pull him closer. They danced around again and Brian twirled Justin again in a masculine fashion, once twice, three times. They swayed and danced to the music a bit more and Brian dipped him back deeply. Justin smiled in supreme joy. When they came upright again Brian arm went round his waist and he grabbed him and roughly pressed him to him. They spun around and Brian lifted Justin off his feet. Before he put him down he moved in again and this time kissed him. With his feet of the ground, Justin was off balance and unable to pull back this time while Brian kissed the daylights out of him. And happily, Justin kissed the daylights out of Brian right back.

BJBJBJBJBJBJ

Afterwards, Brian and Justin found a quiet corner and some punch. Brian began the ritual.

"What is your name? Your real name?"

"That I cannot tell thee."

"Please. You make me so happy. If you are afraid, I'll protect you."

"I'm afraid the only name I can leave you with is Sunshine."

Brian looked at him shrewdly. "But that is not you're name."

"No."

"Just like it isn't Starshine."

"I know who that is, but that is not my name." Justin answered honestly.

"Just like it isn't Ash."

"I know who that is, but that is not my name." Justin repeated.

"But you are the one and the same! Aren't you? Aren't you! I can tell by your eyes. You all have the same eyes!"

"We have many things in common," Justin said, also honestly.

"Like what?"

"We have a mutual friend."

"Who?"

That you must discern for yourself."

"Damn it Sunshine! You're making me crazy!"

"I know. And yet you love me. Don't you? Don't you?"

Brian said nothing. Instead he gave a strangled cry and mashed their lips together in a fierce need, grabbing the back of Justin's head, running his fingers through his sunshine hair.

He pulled back and his brown eyes asked questions his heart and mouth could not.

Justin pulled him toward the dance floor by the ends of his scarf.

Come. Let's dance some more for tonight my time is short. All too soon, this night will vanish like the dream it is."

Justin and the Prince danced stomach-to-stomach, chest-to-chest, cheek-to-cheek, all night long. If anybody tried to cut in, Brian would hug Justin close to him and say: "He is my partner."

Three dances in, Justin felt it was time to strike.

"My Prince, I know these dances are also an attempt to find out the cause and cure of FADES."

"Ahhh here we go! You are aware that there is a substantial reward for that don't you?"

"I do. But I seek no reward. And besides I cannot tell thee. But our mutual friend can. You must seek him out and find him. And when you find him you will find us. Starshine, Ash, and Sunshine, all together.

"Who is he? Who is this friend?" Where can I find him?"

"For both our safety, I cannot tell you."

"Is there anything you CAN tell me? Please! This disease will kill us all! And I want to see you again. Whoever you want to be, I don't care, I want to be with you again."

"Yes. I can tell you that I'm a terrible gossip!"

Brian was much more astute than he had been. He grabbed him around the waist and pressed their cocks together. As he swayed them gently back and forth, grinding their cocks together, he leaned close and growled, "Oh really! And what have you heard, little boy!?"

Justin smiled.

BJBJBJBJBJBJ

Much later and many dances later:

 

In the dim and flashing lights, all around he ballroom, couples swayed gently and turned to the slow music. In the very center, illuminated with their own steady light, Brian and Justin danced slowly, turning, turning.

"My time grows short," Justin said. "I have time for one more dance but I must return home by midnight."

"Earlier than usual, Sunshine?"

"Regrettable but necessary, I'm afraid, Your Majesty."

"Don't call me that. Not you. Call me Brian."

"It'd be my honor and pleasure, Your - Brian."

They kissed and swayed to the slow beat.

"This has been the best night of my life," said Justin.

"I must admit...it was ridiculously romantic."

They kissed again. Slowly. Deeply.

"Let's go to the back room. We'll fu-..."

Sunshine pressed a finger to his lips, silencing him. "Shhhh. None of that now. Not this time. Tonight is for romance, as you said. Just promise me. Promise me you'll remember me. Promise that you will remember what I told...uh...what we talked about. Seek out our mutual friend and you will find me."

"I will. I promise."

They turned slowly in place, smiling, kissing, nipping, and kissing more, reveling in their happiness.

"All right, no more about the back room. But don't go. Stay. Stay the night with me."

"Tell me you love me. Tell me you love me and I'll never have to leave you again."

Brian looked at him. He opened his mouth. Then his eyes hardened in rebellion and pain. " That's not what I meant. Spend the night. We'll go somewhere nice. But I don't do repeats. There's no such thing as love."

"You know that's not true. Why do you continue to deny your feelings?"

But it was as if a wall had come down. "I'm a queer. Queers fuck. Love is for straights and munchers."

Justin felt his light dim to almost nothing. "Then I suppose I must go. A tear ran down his cheek. "I pray you, give me a token so I'll remember you and this night for always."

Slowly, Brian drew off his white, silken scarf and wrapped it around the back of Justin's neck. Justin turned to go.

Brian caught his hand. "Please. Don't leave like this. Why is me saying the words so important? Haven't I shown you love? Offered to fuck you? What more is there?"

Justin drew a hand across his cheek. Brian leaned into the caress.

"There is much, much more, my Prince. Remember what has passed between us. If you seek me you will find me. And when next we meet, you will know the answer to that question." A tear ran down his cheek. "Goodbye."

He turned and started to walk out of the ballroom. Brian was again left bereft and alone.

Remember what has passed between us...I love you...Tell me you love me...None of that now. Not this time...Promise you'll remember me...Remember me...Not this time...Remember me....Not this time...Remember...Not this time...Not this time...

"Hey! Wait a minute!" Brian yelled. Everyone looked at him but he was oblivious. He ran for the door, which was just closing. He barreled through. He caught sight of a slight figure, also running full out. He chased after him.

Sunshine! Sunshine, wait!"

Sunshine ran faster.

"Come back! I remembered something!"

Sunshine rounded a corner, ran down that hall and the door was in sight. But Brian was hot on his heels and before he could reach it, Brian tackled him. They both went down in a tangle of arms and legs and rolled over and over, Justin desperately tried to gain a few feet toward the door. But it was no use. He ended up flat on his back with Brian straddling him on top. Brian pinned him by his wrists. Sunshine struggled valiantly but it was no use.

"Let me go!"

Brian did no such thing. He leaned down and kissed him, long and soft, then deep, still pinning him. Sunshine struggled remembering the Leather Ball, and he moaned in pleasures and kissed back. His light turned back on a few notches.

"I remembered something. It WAS you those other two nights. You said, none of that now...not this time. Which means we HAVE done this before!" You are Ash! And Starshine!"

Sunshine struggled, and then collapsed defeated. He nodded. "Let me up?"

"Promise you won't run away?"

"Yes."

Brian let him up and then slammed him against the wall. He kissed him roughly again, bruising his rosy lips.

You cheeky bastard! You made me do a repeat! But why did you say you weren't the other two? Why did you lie?"

"I did not lie! I was them but I am not really Ash or Starshine. I am not even Sunshine! I am yet a fourth."

"Who? Who are you?"

"I am nobody! I am a son scorned and rejected by his family. I am a son made a slave in his own home! I am so many other things, so shameful, you cannot imagine and it is beneath you to even try! All I wanted to do was come to your balls but my father would not even give me suit. So I accepted some help...from a godparent." And Brian's skeptical glance he amended. "Yes...a magical godparent."

Brian dropped his hands. They hung heavily to his sides. "So...It was all a lie. All a lie."

"NO! The only thing about me that is not real is my outward appearance. I have never spoken or told you anything that is a lie. You're right. I m not Sunshine or dusted with moonbeams and Starlight! But I love you. Do what I told you! Seek who I really am, and you will find me!"

As he talked, Justin slowly moved toward the door. Step...by...step. He was nearly there.

Suddenly, Brian rushed at him and jumped on him again.

"I am Prince of the Loft! You don't tell me what to do!" He yelled. "I tell you! And I order you to tell me the truth! Who are you?!?!"

They were at the door.

Justin yelled, "Car of Black! Take me back!"

"Oh no, you don't! If you won't answer me, maybe a few days in the dungeon will loosen your tongue!"

"No! I can't let that happen! Justin ran down the stairs but Brian caught him before he got 5 steps down. Holding him by the wrists, he pulled him back. Justin struggled but it was not use. Brian easily pulled him back toward the door.

"Brian! Stop! Stop, Brian, please! Brian! Stop! All right! I'll tell you who I am!"

Brian stopped. He turned, waited.

"It's a secret."

Justin stepped up to the top of the stairs. He leaned against the Prince and whispered in his ear.

"Remember our gossip. Remember the Taylors. Forgive me for this my love. You've given me no choice. I love you."

Justin pressed into Brian and kissed him hard. He reached deep down inside him and felt that well of great love and happiness and let forth a burst of it for just a second, full force.

BOOOOOOMMM!!!! The night was lit up like day and there was a shock wave. The shock wave slammed Brian backwards and knocked him twenty feet back into the castle hallway. He was unconscious before he hit the ground.

Justin ran the other way, down the stairs, toward the waiting car. On the way, he met a guard.

"What was that noise?" asked the guard.

I don't know!" replied Justin, "But the Prince needs help! He's up there! Hurry!"

As the guard moved off to investigate, Justin jumped in the back of the waiting limo. The chauffeur slammed the door behind him and rushed around the front to his own door and hopped in.

"Home! Fast as you can!"

They peeled away. It was only then that Justin realized he had lost his right loafer. It must have come off in one of their scuffles.

They were only three blocks away from the castle when midnight started to chime ONE! TWO! THREE!

"OH no, I'm too late!" FOUR! FIVE!

"I can get us home, master! But I'll need your Sunshine! SIX SEVEN!

"Take it! Take what you need!" EIGHT! NINE!

The chauffeur stepped on the pedal. There was a strange whooshing sound; a blur and suddenly they were in the driveway.

"We're home little master. Good bye!" TEN! ELEVEN! TWELVE!

CRACK!!! Everything melted away and evaporated into mist and Justin was sitting in the driveway in front of a moldy chocolate éclair in his old clothes and wooden shoes and a black rat, which ran off into the dark.

Wait. There were two things more. The Prince's scarf and his remaining, black, beautiful leather loafer. Debbie had let him keep it as a souvenir.

Sighing, he went inside. He went downstairs rolled up the scarf, bricked it and the shoe up in the wall, and went to bed.

BJBJBJBJBJ

Meanwhile, back at the castle, Brian was unconscious for about 5 minutes. The guards attended him and put something under his head

"Ohhhh...who are you?...Tell me...Taylor!... Taylors! Who are...? Brian gave a shuddering gasp and woke up.

"Sire! Are you all right!?"

"Where is he?"

Where is who, my Prince?"

"There was a man here. We struggled. Where is he?"

"I remember someone," someone said, "He told me about you. He said you needed help. So I came running. He got into his car and left."

"He told you I needed help?"

"Yes Sire. He seemed very concerned."

"I see." Brian lay back for a moment.

"Sire. I have found something." Brian was handed a black loafer.

"Good work. OK boys, help me up."

"Are you well enough to return to the Ball, Sire?"

"No. Help me to bed. Tell everyone they can go home whenever they like. Oh and tell my parents I've made my decision."

"Yes, Majesty."

When he was in bed, he told the butler, "Summon my investigator!"

When he came, he bowed before the Prince. "How can I serve you, my Prince?"

The investigator was dressed all in black. He wore a low, black wide brimmed hat. Down his back he wore a deep black cloak. He wore a patch on one eye and had a scar on his cheek.

"I want you to find out everything you can about the Taylor Condom Co. Find out everything you can about the Taylor family. Where they live, who they are, how old they are, etc. I want a full dossier on my bedside table by the time I wake up."

"Master, it shall be done!" He clicked his heels. Swirling his cape, he ran out the door.

Brian shuddered. The guy was uber creepy but he had never failed him yet.

 

He put the loafer on the bedside table beside him, turned out the light and went to bed.