- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian and his PC seem to be recovering from the disappointment of Brian losing his job. They may even come out ahead after this. Enjoy! TAG

********

Chapter 39 - Bouncing Back.



The click of the shower door opening and then closing announced the entry of another body. Brian smiled even before he opened his eyes. As he was rinsing the shampoo from his hair he felt the tentative touch of a hand and then a bar of soap gliding over his back. He stayed as still as possible, not wanting to scare away the boy’s uncertain touches. He was thrilled that his shy little PC was coming along so nicely. The mere fact that Justin was feeling self-assured enough to initiate this type of intimacy, was promising - both for Brian’s morning shower entertainment and for the boy’s long term mental health.


Brian was still a bit concerned by the PC’s wildly fluctuating emotional state, though. Tuesday, after Brian had been sacked, the kid had been all strength and stubbornness, standing there beside Brian the whole day, refusing to let him sink into despondency and willing to do virtually anything - even when that thing was far outside his usual comfort zone - to keep Brian afloat. But then, as soon as they’d returned to the loft, Justin had almost immediately given in to his own misery and had emotionally isolated himself again. The stressful trip to the physical therapist’s office yesterday had definitely been another low point. But then again, as soon as Brian got the kid back home, he’d cheered right up. Cheered up enough, in fact, that they’d barely got any sleep despite the hours spent together in their bed. And, based on the way Justin was moving lower and lower down toward Brian’s groin with that bar of soap, the youth seemed ready for even more action this morning.


Not that Brian really objected to where this shower seemed to be heading. The hand on his dick was more than welcome to keep stroking like that. And the lips biting and nipping down his chest were quite nice. Especially when they paused for a moment over his nipple and nibbled it into a hard little nub of pleasure while the other hand gave equal attention to the other side.


No wonder he almost cried out when both the lips and the stroking hands stopped. His eyes popped open to find that his boy had halted in his ministrations only long enough to stand and fish a condom out of the dish that Brian kept suction-cupped to the tile wall of the shower. Then, with slow, hesitating, almost tenuous motions, the tentative blond tore open the foil packet, took out the latex disc and shyly reached out to roll it down Brian’s hard cock - all without actually looking up at the man he was sheathing. Once the condom was on, though, the boy seemed at a bit of a loss as to how he should proceed. Justin stood there, looking down at his toes, shifting slightly from one foot to the other, until Brian took pity on the young man.


“So, I take it you had some sort of plans for this,” Brian commented, looking down at his waiting dick then back at the boy with a wry grin.


With an adorably impish grin, Justin nodded, blinking up at Brian through the fringe of his long dark blond eyelashes. It didn't escape Brian’s attention that the youth was simultaneously playing with his own hard, thick shaft all the while he was standing there looking so innocent. Brian was left not knowing whether to tackle the boy and fuck him into the shower wall, hug him and protect him from all the bad men out there that had made the poor kid this scared in the first place, or run away screaming from the indignity of having lesbianic words like ‘adorable’ and ‘sweet’ and ‘cuddly’ constantly assaulting his psyche every damned time he even looked at the boy.


Luckily for all involved, the adorably cute and cuddly little sexpot decided matters by turning around so that his sexy, plump, perky ass was perfectly displayed when he reached upwards and hooked his hands over the top of the glass shower surround. Which left Brian no other choice but to seize option number one. He quickly filled the palm of his hand with shower gel from the wall dispenser, coated his dick with the slippery mess and then used what was left to deftly open the boy up.


After that it was just a matter of giving them what they both wanted. Only . . . the quick, solid pounding that Brian had originally been planning on delivering somehow changed into something gentle and tender and drawn out. It was almost like option number one and option number two got mixed together in a blender with a dash of those scarily lesbianic sentiments thrown in for good measure. And by the time they both came, one right after the other in a crescendo of liquid pleasure that took both men’s breath away, Brian wasn’t sure if it was the boy or himself riding that rickety emotional roller-coaster.


********

 

“Aren't you supposed to be busy working for the man or something?” Brian barked into his phone, which had started ringing as soon as they’d stepped into the lobby of Dr. Ruby’s office building.


Brian could hear Cynthia growling on the other end of the line. “Don’t remind me. Can you believe that they reassigned me to work with Brice? Me - working with THAT stupid little pipsqueak?” Brian had to laugh at the indignant outrage his former PA’s tone conveyed. “I mean, first of all, he's at least five years younger than me, and I don't have the patience to teach him the ins and outs of the industry. Secondly, he NEVER looks me in the eye when he's speaking to me - it's like he's talking to my breasts all the time, the fucking pervert. And finally, he's a complete and total MORON! He's already fucked up three of your accounts so badly I wouldn't be surprised if the clients walk . . . And he's only had your job for one lousy day! Seriously, if I don't murder him before the end of the day, it'll be a fucking miracle!”


“Well, it's nice to know I'm missed,” Brian opined with a chuckle, “if only because there's somebody out there who’s a bigger asshole than me.”


“Not true, Brian. You're an asshole, but you're a fucking brilliant asshole. He's just an incompetent twerp. I'll take your asshole over his teeny tiny brain any day of the week!”


“Sorry, Cynthia, but you can't have my asshole . . . I'm saving myself till I find the right guy and even then I won't give it up till we're happily married,” he joked facetiously, earning a groan from Cynthia and a small snort of stifled amusement from the PC waiting by his side. “But I'm sure you didn’t call this morning to see if I was open to pegging. So, could you please get to the point already? We were on our way to Justin's appointment with Dr. Ruby and I don't want to be late - gotta use every ounce of healthcare I can while Vance is still paying for it, right?”


“Good for you! Just don't let the session run over too late - you've got an appointment at 11:30 downtown at Pappaccinos,” Cynthia announced with smug excitement.


“I do?”


“Yes, you do. You're having an early lunch with Wes Speers, my APC friend with the big construction firm that needs marketing help,” Cyn instructed. “You were supposed to have met with him yesterday here at VanGuard, but I called and explained what happened. He's more interested in having you work for him now than ever.”


“What, exactly, does this guy think I can do for him? I'm not currently employed. How the fuck can I pull together a marketing campaign for the guy without any resources?”


“That's bullshit!” Cynthia insisted vehemently. “You've got your brains and charm. You've got Justin's amazing artwork. And you've got my unequalled organizational skills. What other resources do you need?” When Brian didn't respond right away, she went on. "You've always said you wanted to have your own agency, Brian. Well, here's your opportunity.”


“My plan was never to start off by getting fired and then open up a fledgling agency when I was flat broke. That’s impossible and you damn well know it, Cynthia.” Brian realized that he was starting to draw attention to himself, his raised voice drawing looks from other visitors to the lobby where they were still standing, but he didn’t care. “I can’t do this and you know it. Your friend would be better off going to somebody who actually has a real agency.”


“Damn it, Brian! You are so fucking stubborn! You’re determined to enjoy wallowing in your righteous indignation, aren’t you? Well, tough shit!” Cynthia was now screaming into the phone line and her voice was loud enough that even Justin could hear it standing a foot or so away from Brian. “I don’t have time for your fucking temper tantrum, Brian Kinney! I need to get the fuck away from VanGuard and this dipshit Brice. So, listen carefully. You are GOING to this meeting that I set up for you with Speers. You are GOING to take Justin with you so that Speers can see what wonderful artwork you can bring to his new campaign. You are GOING to wow the fucking pants off the man and get him to sign a contract so he can become the first client of your new agency. And then you are GOING to officially hire me so I can get the fuck away from the platoon of breast-oglers here at VanGuard as soon as fucking possible. Do you hear me, Brian?”


“I’m pretty sure everyone in the Tri-State region heard you, Ms. Morgan,” Brian chuckled into the phone as soon as the woman had stopped yelling at him.


“Good! Then we won’t have a problem, right? Because, if I have to take time off work to track you down and kick your scrawny little ass today, I’m going to make you reimburse me at double my salary.” That statement earned the bossy woman an exuberant laugh from the man she was ordering around. “Now, get to your doctor's appointment. Oh, and tell Justin I said to keep an eye on you and if he has any trouble keeping you in line to call me.”


With that, Cynthia hung up, leaving Brian standing there, shaking his head at his phone. “Bossy little bitch, but at least she’s amusing,” he said to nobody in particular as he finally put the phone away in his pocket. Brian sighed, reached for Justin’s hand and then started walking down the hallway towards the doctor’s suite of offices. “She’s crazy if she thinks we can do this, though. It’s fucking insane. No way am I going to show up to meet with a potential client looking like some fucking amateur . . .”


Justin stopped in his tracks, wrenched his hand free from Brian’s grip and reached into the pocket of Brian’s leather jacket, pulling out the man’s cell phone. Brian stopped, turned around and stared while the boy dexterously swiped and tapped at the screen for half a second. When he'd found what he was looking for, Justin held the phone up so Brian could see the screen, his finger hovering over the icon to ‘Call’ Cynthia Morgan.


“Ha ha, very funny, Sunshine. Threatening to tell on me to your BFF Cynthia? You're cute, but give me back my phone so we can get to Dr. Ruby’s already.” Brian held his hand out to the boy as if waiting for him to return the phone. Justin shook his head ‘no’ and took another step backwards so that he was out of range for Brian to reach him. “Justin . . . This is ridiculous. You and Cynthia are both crazy.” Brian moved to get his phone back and Justin skipped backwards two more steps. “Yeah, what are you going to do, mute boy? Mime at her through the phone line? Just give me the fucking phone and let’s get to your doctor’s appointment already. I'm really not in the mood for this.”


Justin’s finger moved slightly to the right on the screen till it was hovering over the ‘FaceTime’ icon instead of the ‘Call’ icon. He smirked saucily up at Brian. Brian glared back at the annoying little brat. He was torn between being totally pissed off that his PC and his former assistant thought they could gang up on him and being surprisingly proud of the indomitable boy who was now standing up to him so unflinchingly. And Cynthia thought HE was stubborn? Justin could out stubborn a fucking mule when he chose to. And he didn't have to say one damn word in order to get his way. The kid was a damned menace - adorable, but a fucking menace all the same.


Brian pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. “Fine. Whatever. I’ll go to this fucking meeting. Even though I’m sure it’ll be a total waste of everyone’s time,” Brian sighed. “Now, give me back my phone, Sunshine, and let’s go talk to Dr. Ruby. Maybe she has some advice for me about how to deal with a stubborn-assed, know-it-all PC who’s getting a little too big for his britches.”


The feisty little blond simply offered up his trademark shrug, looked back at Brian defiantly, and slipped Brian’s phone into the back pocket of his jeans. Then he flounced past Brian and strutted down the hall towards the entrance to the doctor’s offices. Brian gave up being irritated, too tickled by the unprecedented show of independence to care anymore about being so easily manipulated by a seventeen year old boy and a woman who didn’t even really work for him anymore.


With another hopeless chuckle, Brian followed the brave little fucker whom he was coming to admire more and more, down the hall and into the doctor’s offices, smiling all the way.


********

 

“Thank you, Brian. I can’t tell you how excited I am to get started with this new campaign,” Wes Speers said, vigorously shaking Brian’s hand as soon as they’d exited the restaurant.


“No. Thank you, Wes. I appreciate the confidence you’re showing in me and my fledgling crew,” Brian returned energetically. “We’ll do our damnedest to make sure you get the best campaign we can provide. And thanks for taking a risk on a startup company like this.”


“Nonsense. I don’t think you know just what an asset you have in Justin here. From what I’ve seen, his artwork is going to be astounding. I doubt any other agency out there, established or not, can brag of it’s match.” The man turned to beam at the young PC who’d been following in the men’s footsteps. “It was a pleasure to meet you young man. I’m thrilled to have you working on this for me. And I’m looking forward to coming to your show tonight as well. Even better, my wife is going to love me for giving her an excuse to get dressed up and go out, to an art exhibit nonetheless. It’ll make her week - maybe her whole month.” The developer turned back to Brian and clapped him familiarly on the shoulder. “Have Cynthia send that contract over to my office and we’ll get it back to you right away, Brian. See you both tonight.”


Brian put his arm around Justin’s shoulder and waved goodbye as his newest client stepped off the curb and headed towards the parking lot next to the cafe where they’d had lunch. The AdMan was still amazed by the fact that, two days after getting fired, he already had the first client for his new agency. An agency that didn’t have any actual employees, an office, or even a name for that matter. But they had a client. Not a huge client, but one that would at least provide some income for the man who, the day before, had been seriously wondering how he was going to pay his utilities. It was a small start but a start nevertheless.


“Well, it’s a good thing you don’t talk much, Sunshine,” Brian said when he‘d finally gathered himself together enough to continue. “Otherwise, you’d be gloating and rubbing it in and saying ‘I told you so’ right about now,” Brian teased his silent PC while countering his harsh words with an affectionate squeeze and a kiss to the top of the blond mop of hair.


Justin rubbed his cheek against the taller man’s shoulder, and offered up a smile full of admiration and acceptance. Brian had been more than proud of the way the young man had comported himself at the meeting. Even without speaking, the youth had gotten his point across on several occasions, mostly through his drawings, and Speers had seemed to be not only charmed by the boy but impressed with the artist. Brian had to agree with Speers, Justin really was an amazing asset.


“Yeah, well, you and Cynthia did forget one thing, Sunshine,” Brian accused as he stepped off the curb of the sidewalk in front of the cafe, the boy keeping pace at his side. “What the fuck are we going to call this new agency, huh?”


Justin let out a tiny giggle and flipped open his ubiquitous sketch pad to a page near the end. There, in the middle of a page full of doodles, was a rather elegantly designed business logo. The graphic showed the name ‘Kinnetik’ written in letters that seemed to lean forward as if in motion, surrounded by a cartouche that resembled a bent steel beam. It portrayed strength, action, forward thinking and progress all in one tidy little logo. It was fucking brilliant.


“Hmm. Not bad. For an annoying little brat,” Brian said, happily earning himself another pleasing little giggle and a smug smile from the boy by his side. “Not bad at all, Sunshine.” Having reached the jeep by that point, Brian stopped, turned the boy to face him and then paused a moment to try and gather his thoughts before he added, “thank you, Sunshine.” The boy looked away as if to deflect the praise. “I mean it, Justin. Thank you. This,” he nodded towards the sketch, “means a lot to me. I have always wanted to start my own agency. And if this works, it’ll be . . . Well . . . Just, thank you.”


He lifted his right hand to cup the boy’s cheek and lift the eager face up to his own. It was hard to believe that he’d only known this young man a few weeks. In such a short time, the youth looking up at him had become an intrinsic part of his life. How and why this had happened, was still a mystery. But Brian was truly glad that he’d somehow found this bright ray of Sunshine. The young man standing before him was truly remarkable. He made even the worst of times bearable. He hadn’t let Brian sink into despair over losing his job. He’d given him laughter and joy when Brian had only thought he’d find discouragement. And even while the boy was busy struggling against his own demons, his own fears, he still had time to support Brian and encourage him to start his own business. Brian didn’t know what he’d done to deserve so much staunch loyalty, but he was incredibly grateful to have found this beautiful young man’s friendship.


“Thank you, Sunshine,” Brian said once again, and was rewarded with another of the boy’s brilliant smiles. The kind of smile that literally lit up the youth’s face, making the blue eyes sparkle like crystals, and revealed the twin dimples that only came out when the Sunshiney smile was present.


You really couldn’t help smiling back when you were hit with one of those smiles. You simply HAD to smile too. Brian wasn’t any more immune to that sunshine than anyone else, despite his reputation among some for being a heartless asshole. Not that he wanted to deny the answering smile that broke out on his own face right then. He felt almost as Sunshiney and happy as the boy grinning up at him. But he retained enough control over himself to take evasive action so that nobody else would see just how whipped he'd actually become.


Gripping his resolution, Brian bent down and disrupted the boy’s sunshine smile by planting a kiss smack-dab on top of those enticing cotton candy pink lips. Not only was the boy not flinching away from every touch these days, he actually kissed back. Heatedly. Adding a feisty little nip to Brian’s bottom lip and holding on when the taller man went to break the embrace. And, since Brian was all in favor of feisty little Sunshine kisses, he slid both arms around the slender shoulders, pulled the slight body closer to his own, and returned the kiss with renewed fervor.


It wasn’t until the spirited kissing started to get a little overheated - his feisty little PC moaning and wriggling evocatively in his arms - that Brian realized they couldn't pursue this any further here in the parking lot. He tried to pull back, fighting against a Justin who was determined to move his kisses down Brian’s neck and possibly lower still, regardless of the locale. So much for the reticent, frightened PC who couldn’t bear to be touched and seemed to want to hide from the world, right?


“Come on, Sunshine,” Brian finally pushed the younger man away and grabbed his hands in a firm grip. “Let’s take this home. If we stay here, we’re going to end up giving everyone a show that’ll put all the heteros off their lunches and then the restaurant will ban us for life.” That got him another giggle, this one carrying with it a naughty undertone, as if the bold boy wouldn't necessarily mind that outcome. “Besides, we need to get you home and start getting ready for your big debut tonight, Mr. Artiste,” he added, garnering a grumble of displeasure that time as the boy sagged in his arms. “Oh, stop it, Susnhine. They’re going to love you. How can they help it? I know I fucking couldn’t,” Brian confessed, but quickly covered up his shocking disclosure by pulling open the passenger side door and holding it for the boy. “Now, come on and get in the car so I can take you home and distract you with sex until it’s time to get ready.”


Brian thought for a moment that the boy was going to resist, but then Justin rose up on his tiptoes, leaned in and left a lingering kiss on the taller man’s cheekbone, just beside Brian's ear. “If you insist, Master,” he whispered alluringly, then trailed down Brian’s neck with a series of additional light kisses that almost caused the older man to forget where they were again.


Luckily a nearby car beeped it's horn and broke the moment, allowing Brian to regain his senses. “I take it back, Sunshine,” Brian announced as he pushed the kid away from him and into the car. “You’re not a ‘brave little fucker’. You’re beyond that. You're more of a ‘Brazen Little Fucker!”

 

Then Brian quickly closed the car door before the next endearing smile and infuriating little giggle could work their wiles on him.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

1/23/16 - Feel a little better? I relented and let up a bit on the angst for you this time. Hope you enjoyed the respite. Now, to ramp up the plotiness . . . Get ready for the good stuff. TAG