- Text Size +

BRIAN

 

Looking at the clock, I know it’s almost time to send Justin home. It was different with younger Justin, we weren’t as connected as we become later. Not that it was bad, it was just different. My Justin would have been cocky afterwards, he knew he was good. This Justin is still trying to make sure I was happy with him.

 

“I’d like to go again, but you have to get home, I assume.” I tell him. Justin looks at the time, and nods.

 

“Can I ask you a question?” He asks me.

 

“Anything you want.” I tell him.

 

“It’s just, well last night we were all over each other, and tonight it was like you were holding back.” Justin tells me. Shit, he was living the new memories.

 

“I wasn’t holding back, it’s just that doing it twice in two nights, you could get a little sore since you aren’t used to it. I didn’t want to hurt you.” It’s true, but that wasn’t the reason.

 

“Oh, well it was great anyway. I guess I better get home.” Justin tells me. 

 

“Before you go, where were you all night? Michael called and told me he saw you, and I told him to tell you to come here.” What did my best friend say about me?

 

“At first he seemed really nice, but if your friends always talk about you like that, you need new friends.” Justin tells me.

 

“What did he say to you?” I ask him.

 

“I met his mom, she’s nuts.” Justin tells me.

 

“What did Michael say to you? I just want to correct any misconceptions.” I tell him.

 

“He said you don’t do boyfriends, that you're a selfish prick who doesn’t care for anybody but yourself. He said I should just forget about you. I think I pissed him off, before I left.” Justin tells me.

 

“What did you say to him?” I ask. I know Justin well enough to know he wouldn’t have just walked away without a parting shot.

 

“I asked him why he was friends with you if you're such a selfish prick. And I might have told him that he was still waiting for you to finish jerking him off.” Justin smirks. There’s my Sunshine.

 

 

“Yes, I can be a selfish prick, but you're not going to have to worry about it. As for boyfriends, never had one, maybe you can be the first? When we get to know each other better. Another thing, I need you to understand that unless I tell you I don’t want you around, then just assume I do.” I tell him. 

 

“You want to see me again?” Justin asks me.

 

“I want to see you all next weekend. Think you could get your friend Daphne to cover for you?” I ask him.

 

“My parents wanted us to go to my grandmother’s house for the weekend. I could tell them I have a school project to do with Daphne, I guess.” Justin tells me.

 

“Ever been snowboarding in Vermont?” I ask him.

 

“No. Is that where you want to go?” He asks me.

 

“Yeah, I’ll make the plans, can you meet me at my office, on Friday after you get out of school?” I ask him.

 

“I can get out earlier if you want me too. My mom already asked the school to let me out at noon.” Justin tells me. 

 

“Then meet me here at one. If you want to bring your stuff over earlier, I’ll give you a key so you can get in.” I tell him.

 

I hand Justin his key as he gets up to leave. I wanted to tell him to stay, but I was told he had to go home. We stand at the door and I look in his eyes, I wanted to see if Justin was there. He leans up and kisses me, then turns and runs down the stairs. At least we are going this weekend. I went to my computer to confirm the reservations and I see the invitation. The one I ignored the last time, I guess I need to talk to the girls before I go. I need to get to Emmett first too.

 

It wasn’t late, so I called Emmett. “Is there some reason you're calling me and not Michael?” Emmett asks me. 

 

“Are you still at Babylon?” I ask him.

 

“I was going to leave, it’s like troll night.” Emmett tells me.

 

“So I guess Ted got a date?” I have to at least try to sound normal.

 

“Leave Teddy alone. What do you want Kinney? If you’re looking for your bestie, he didn’t come tonight. I think he was babysitting the kid from the other night.” Emmett tells me.

 

“I was looking for you, can you come over, and don’t tell anyone you’re coming?” I don’t want Ted here, he’d call Michael.

 

“Why do I feel like you're going to fuck me over, like with the key?” Emmett sighs.

 

“Emmett just get over here, stop being a queen.” I tell him. Emmett tells me he’ll be over as soon as he can get a cab. 

 

I want Emmett to be in charge because Justin is too young. I know Emmett well enough to know that he would take care of my son. Emmett was me if I was more nelly, less of an asshole, and okay, I just trust him to make the right decisions. Emmett arrives looking warily at me.

 

“I just need to get you to agree to be a trustee on a life insurance policy for Gus.” I tell him. What did he think I was going to ask him?

 

“Oh thank God, You were all don’t tell anyone, and come over. I was psyching myself to turn you down tonight.” Emmett tells me. Where the hell did he even come up with that? All I did was give him a key to the loft and ask him to come over tonight, okay I can give him this one. It did sound like a hook up.

 

“Like you would turn me down, if I wanted to fuck you, you’d be on your knees.” I tell him.

 

“No, I’d prefer to not become one of the many. I like being the only guy who would turn you down.” Emmett tells me.

 

Now that is just insulting. I never tried with Emmett because he was friends with Michael. We’ll see about that. I slowly walk up to him and watch as his eyes widen. Meet the predator, my friend. I walk around him and make sure to look at every inch of him, like that bulge didn’t tell me he wanted to fuck. From behind him I slip my hands down his arms and whisper in his ear. Sorry no one get’s to know what I say to get them on their knees. Emmett starts to give in. I lick his ear and tell him, “I told you I could get you to want to be on your knees.”

 

“Jesus, Brian, don’t do that. It’s like being full body fucked.” Emmett fans himself. I smirk.

 

“Now that we have established you have no will power against me, can I explain why I asked you to come over?” I tell him.

 

“Can I have a drink, and maybe a number for a trick?” Emmett asks me.

 

“Yes to the drink, but I don’t keep numbers.” I tell him.

 

We sit down and I tell him about Lindsay and the policy. Emmett actually looks like he wants to defend me. 

 

“Why are they asking you to do that? That’s really fucked up. They were the ones who kept telling you they were going to be the parents. You weren’t even going to be a part of Gus’s life as anything but a friend of Lindsay’s.” Emmett tells me.

 

“I handled it, but I need you to be the trustee. If something happens, it means they have to come to you to use any of the money.” I tell Emmett.

 

“Brian, thank you for the trust, but wouldn’t someone like Ted make more sense. He could increase the money throughout Gus’s life.” Emmett tells me.

 

“Then you ask Ted to help you. I want you because you can see through bullshit. They aren’t going to be able to pull we need it for Gus and then go out and buy something for JR.” I tell him.

 

“I get you what you mean about the girls and if you need me to do it, I will. But could you explain the JR thing?” Emmett asks me.  

 

“I meant Junior, you know if they ever decided to have another kid.” I tell him. I hate that no one knows the future but me.

 

“Brian, give Gus a chance to be more than a few days old before making them mothers again.” Emmett tells me.

 

“Also, I need you to make sure that at the party they have this weekend for Gus, they don’t circumcise him. If they try, you get him away from the butchers.” I tell Emmett.

 

“Like they’re going to listen to me.” Emmett tells me.

 

“I’m going to talk to them, but you let them know the policy will be shredded if they cut anything off of Gus.” I tell him.

 

“Why can’t you be there?” Emmett asks me.

 

“I’m taking Justin to Vermont for the weekend.” I tell him.

 

“Justin, the kid from last night?” Emmett stares at me.

 

“Yes, I have plans to spend the weekend with him. I wanted to get away from the family. Last thing I need is for him to be told what a selfish prick I am. You know, like my best friend apparently tells people.” I tell him.

 

“Michael told Justin that?” Emmett asks me.

 

“I guess you learn all sorts of things that your friends think, when they don’t have to say it to your face.” I tell Emmett.

 

Emmett tells me he’ll do his best, I tell him to make sure they know he will call me. Mel and I are going to come to an understanding in the morning.

 

EMMETT

 

I’m not sure what the hell is going on, but shit, Kinney can work it. Wait, stop thinking that Emmett, bad Emmett, BAD EMMETT. 

 

Why is he suddenly making me the keeper of Kinney World? I know Michael usually holds the title, but lately it’s like Brian is trying to change everything about his life. Brian Kinney planning a trip to Vermont with a guy. I almost want to read the Bible and check if this is one of the signs of the apocalypse. Although if I was a top, Justin would definitely be on my list. That kid was adorable, I can see why Brian wanted him. Michael tried to get us to agree he wasn’t hot. Ted agreed with Michael. I told Ted he was looking at the kid like he was Ted’s last meal. I really wish he wouldn’t kiss Michael’s ass, maybe he would get over Michael if he meet a twink of his own. 

 

I have to say, Brian trusting me feels really good. Good enough that I need a donut. I walk to the diner and see Michael and Ted sitting in a booth. Is a donut worth listening to Michael complain that he doesn’t have a key to Brian’s loft? No, I think I can skip the love fest and go home.