- Text Size +

BRIAN

 

I walked into the loft and see that Justin is already moving his stuff in. Sue me for being thrilled about it, I know his family life is going to shit, but I want him here. Instead of grabbing a drink, I grab Justin and wait for him to tell me.

 

“Mom figured out I wasn’t where I said I would be.” He tells me.

 

“How’d that go?” I ask him.

 

“I told her I was with a guy and that I was gay. She tried to convince me that I wasn’t gay, that it’s just a phase.” Justin tells me.

 

“Is that why you're moving in?” I ask him.

 

“I figured I’d save my mother from going to your office and delivering my things.” He tells me.

 

“She still thinks Craig is going to be okay with you being gay?” I ask him.

 

“She still wants to believe that Craig loves me enough to accept it.” Justin tells me.

 

“We’re ahead of schedule.” I tell him. Justin shrugs.

 

“It’s going to happen one way or the other. I just don’t want the drama affecting Molly.” Justin tells me.

 

“I really need to buy her a present, some day.” I tell him. She will eventually give us Kira.

 

“How about you wait until it would make sense to her.” Justin smiles at me.

 

“How are you really doing?” I ask him.

 

“Believe it or not, I’m fine. I got over my dad feeling the way he did about me when he had me arrested and tried to convince me that it was my fault Mom divorced him. I just don’t want to go through him wrecking your Jeep and sucker punching you at Babylon.” He tells me.

 

I look at him to see if he is really okay. No matter what he says, he always hoped his father would accept him. I let him go and start looking through menus, I need to feed him. Justin isn’t a happy man if he’s hungry. The buzzer starts going off and we stare at each other, God please don’t let it be the ‘best friends’. I push the intercom.

 

“Brian let me up, I’m hiding from Michael and Lindsay. Ted came with me, and Mysterious Marilyn just walked up. It’s like a party, so let us in before we get spotted.” Emmett tells me. I look at Justin and have to wonder what they all want.

 

“We won’t know until they come up.” Justin tells me. I let them in and open the door. Guess I need to order for five.

 

“Close the door and block it.” Emmett yells at us.

 

“Emmett calm down, we lost Michael at the diner.” Ted tells him.

 

“You think he isn’t going to look everywhere for us.” Emmett tells Ted loudly.

 

“He won’t have to look, he’ll just follow the sound of your screaming.” Ted tells Emmett.

 

I look at Marilyn, who is glaring at Justin. “What have I ever done to you that you would try to threaten me?” She ask Justin. Justin looks at Emmett and Ted. “It’s too late to change what you two already did.” She tells him.

 

“I need you to tell me why she did it. I know you well enough that you're going to try to tell me just enough to get by on.” Justin says vaguely to her.

 

“Justin, imagine what it was like for her. You were more talented than she ever was when you were only seventeen, she had to watch you develop and continue to get better. She tried to get you to explore your talent after the bashing and you continued to succeed where she had failed. She always had a closer relationship with Brian, until he met you. You took all the dreams she had and turned them to dust. She told Brian that she always thought her life would be them getting married and having a baby. She only ever got the baby, you were getting the marriage, the manor, and a chance to become a critically acclaimed artist. It was jealousy, you could have the success, but she got to keep Brian.” She tells us. I look at Ted and Emmett and wonder why she’s saying it in front of them.

 

“How do you know Marilyn Justin, and what the hell was all that about?” Emmett asks us.

 

“You're telling all the secrets, it’s up to you to explain it to the boys.” I tell Marilyn.

 

“Ted you need to go to Babylon tonight, your future is waiting there. You already missed meeting him at the correct time.” Marilyn tells him. I look at her, is she really going to let him OD tonight? “It won’t happen because he wasn’t there the right night. He still needs to meet him.” She tells me.

 

“Yeah like I’m going to listen to a psychic.” Ted tells her.

 

“What about me. Is there something I need to do?” Emmett hops up and down in excitement.

 

“No Emmett, you don’t get real excitement for a few years.” Marilyn tells a disappointed Emmett.

 

“Oh pooh, you could have told me my future husband was going to show up.” Emmett tells her.

 

“Brian, you need to get him to Babylon. Emmett didn’t go where he was supposed to before the baby welcoming disaster afternoon, so he didn’t pick up the hustler.” She tells me.

 

“How is that my fault?” I’ve been gone, I can’t make them do things.

 

“It wasn’t important, but instead of you and Justin fighting over tricks that night, you both get to help get some things back on track. If you don’t, no doctor.” She tells us. I need Dave to show up, Mikey is getting to the point that a stake through his heart is sounding good.

 

“You want to pick the guys up tonight? We never did get to trick with them.” Justin asks me.

 

“Might be fun.” I smile at the genius.

 

“Good luck with that, they aren’t there because you two had to change things.” She tells us. 

 

“You still want to trick?” Please say yes.

 

“Hello, seventeen again, you’ll be in traction if we don’t.” Justin tells me.

 

“Guys, not that this isn’t an interesting conversation, but what the hell are you talking about?” Emmett asks us.

 

“You can tell Emmett tomorrow, you're going to need the help. Plus, you two aren’t going to trick tonight.” Marilyn tells us and starts to leave.

 

“You are demented, you know that Marilyn, if Brian and I want to trick, we trick. You can’t stop us.” Justin warns her.

 

“You used to be the nice one. Just so you know, God Kinney is the one that is going to stop you tonight. I’ll come by tomorrow, after you get back from your therapist.” Marilyn smirks. Justin groans and walks into the bedroom to change.

 

“I don’t know if I want to know any more secrets. The last one has Michael and Lindsey chasing me up and down Liberty Avenue. “ Emmett tells me.

 

“Lets just go so Ted can possibly get laid tonight.” I tell them. Fuck Marilyn, we are going to trick tonight.

 

MICHAEL

 

I waited at Babylon, the guys are going to show up. It’s been so hard to find them lately. Ted isn’t practically up my ass, and Emmett has been staying somewhere else. I don’t even want to think about Brian and the damned twink. I stand on the catwalk, so I can see when they show up. It’s not really crowded tonight, Monday is never busy, so you would think people would quit bumping into me. This guy almost knocked me on my ass.

 

“Sorry, didn’t mean to almost knock you over. My friend is a little worse for the wear tonight.” A good looking guy tells me.

 

“It’s fine.” I tell him and turn back to look for my friends. I hear the group behind me talking about where they want to go next.

 

“Guys, I have classes tomorrow. I need to head home.” The good looking one tell the others.

 

“Can’t you for one night not be responsible? Seriously Ben if you don’t start looking your never going to have a relationship.” The other guy tells Ben.

 

“I can look this weekend, when I don’t have classes all day.” He tells them. 

 

They walk away from me. That Ben guy shouldn’t have any problems finding a man, they probably throw themselves at him. I watch him walk out and see Brian coming through the door.  He fucking brought the twink. The kid looks at the Ben guy and smiles at him. Brian yanks Justin away shaking his head no. What is with men? They all look at the kid and want to fuck him. The Ben guy stared after Justin and then walked out the door.

 

I head to them, they are all dancing on the floor. Well, Emmett is dancing with the kid. Brian is looking around, I knew he’d get tired of the kid. I finally reach the gang and watch as the kid is talking up a guy. I want to make sure Brian sees the kid trying to fuck around.

 

“Brian, the love of your life is flirting with someone else.” I tell him. I was trying to keep from smiling.

 

“Justin no, small dick and doesn’t know how to give a blow job.” Brian yells at him. Justin smiles at the guy and walks off to look for someone else. I can’t believe this, Brian isn’t even angry about it.

 

“I hate this meat market, unless you look like Brian or obviously Justin, you might as well be invisible.” Ted complains. I feel bad for Ted, I mean he’s right, no one looks at him.

 

“You want to dance?” A twink ask Ted. What the hell is with all the twinks latching on to my friends.

 

“I really just sway, not much of a dancer.” Ted tell the guy.

 

“Then let’s sway, my name is Blake.” He tells Ted. Wonder if this guy lost a bet, what else could explain him asking Ted to dance. They dance with each other and Ted walks over to us.

 

“Brian, can you get Emmett home?” Ted seems excited.

 

“Yeah, no problem. Do not take drugs from someone you just met. Promise me.” Brian tells him. What is with Brian acting like he cares about Ted?

 

“Fine, I promise not to take drugs tonight Dad.” Ted tells him. I watch as Blake grabs Ted’s hand and they leave.

 

“Justin, what the hell is with your taste tonight? He has pimples all over his ass.” Brian yells at Justin.

 

“Brian let the kid go, he doesn’t seem to share your idea that he’s the one.” I tell him.

 

“Brian it’s like fucking troll night. Why are all the guys that come on a Monday night like bottom of the barrel? Oh hi Mikey, what brings you here tonight?” Justin asks me.

 

“Why don’t you go play with the other kids at the playground. Us adults have things to do. And my name is Michael.” I tell him. 

 

“Michael, I’d do that, but with only you here, Brian wouldn’t get laid tonight.” Justin tells me. “Not him Brian, herpes.” Justin tells him.

 

“Can we go? Apparently we are going to have to be happy with each other tonight. We also need to get up early to get the rest of your stuff, before you go to school. I don’t want to spend all week moving you in.” Brian tells Justin.

 

“Your moving him in? What the fuck Brian? We need to talk about this.” I tell him. Brian can’t be serious, he never wanted a roommate. I tried to room with him when he started looking for a place, but I couldn’t afford the rent on the places he was looking at.

 

“Mikey, not your business. Justin go get Emmett and tell him that guy is into some sick shit. Michael if you need a ride, come, but I don’t want to hear shit from you.” Brian tells me.

 

“Well the only way I’m going to ride with you is if you tell me you aren’t stupid enough to move that kid in with you.” I tell him. I glare and fold my arms to let him know I’m serious.

 

“Have a good walk then, Later.” Brian turns and yanks the kid out of Emmett’s arms. I wait for Brian to come back, and after ten minutes realize he isn’t coming back.