- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

You’ll never guess what happened. My dad is okay with me being gay. He also thinks that Brian will make a great son-in-law one day. If you believe even one word of that, you live in a dream world. Dad wanted Mom to tell him where I was so he could drag me off to military school. Guess some things are always going to stay the same. Well, except that my mom is trying.

 

I dragged Daphne with me to meet the munchers this time, instead of sending her home. I always wondered what her first impression of them would be like. Unfortunately for us, Mel wasn’t being her happy, shiny self. She barely looked up from the brief she was reading and only answered if we spoke directly to her. Lindsay was talking up my sketches being in the art show. She seemed to just ignore the fact that Mel wouldn’t acknowledge her. Daphne asked if we could go hang with Emmett.

 

Michael met David, but until David shows up at the Big Q, we are stuck with Michael. Brian told me, Michael shows up tonight wearing twink clothes, I have to see this. Michael has actually been really nice, unless Brian touches me at all. Emmett wants to know what’s different every time we get together. So far we are following the last time, well except that Brian and I live together and he isn’t pushing me away. 

 

He did end up meeting the old perv, the one who wanted Brian to fuck him for his account. Brian  took him to Babylon, then the guy tried to get Brian to meet him at his hotel. Brian told him he could meet him at Babylon, but he wouldn’t mix business with pleasure. Marv ended up going into the backroom and telling Brian that he needed to tell Ryder he didn’t get the account. Brian told me the guy never planned on giving him the account anyway. Emmett was telling me that he could never be interested in an old guy. I wanted to tell him about George, who ended up being someone Emmett really loved. 

 

Marilyn told Brian that he at least needs to show up and meet David. Brian told her he’d bring David a thank you gift for getting Michael to leave him alone. Marilyn looked at Brian.

 

“Do you know why Michael stayed with David in the beginning don’t you?” She asked him.

 

“Because someone actually asked Michael to go steady.” Brian tells her.

 

“No, because you were jealous. Michael was able to watch you get upset over him with someone else.” She tells Brian.

 

“I wasn’t jealous, I just knew David was an asshole.” Brian tells her.

 

“Without meeting him?” She asks him.

 

“Just listening to Michael, David was looking for a wife. Looking back, Michael fit the bill. At the time, I didn’t see the things I do now.” Brian tells her.

 

“Just go do the things you did. They’ll have the relationship. You’ll get to have some peace and quiet.” She tells him.

 

“Was Michael like this with you in the beginning, Justin. One minute petty and jealous and the next nice?” Brian asks me.

 

“Yes, if it didn’t involve you, we were fine. It was just any suggestion that you and I were more than fuckbuddies and he turned into a dick.” I tell him.

 

“When did it change?” Brian asks me.

 

“In the early years anytime Michael wanted me to do something for him. Later we learn to accept our roles in your life.” I tell Brian.

 

Brian took Marilyn suggestion as, “Go be a dick to David and all would go well”. 

 

BRIAN

 

Lindsay showed up and tried to invite me to dinner with her and Mel. She thinks Mel and I need to spend time together, since we were going to parent Gus. She tries to convince me that eating chicken marinated in garlic was to die for, I told her I’d be there. Figured I’d set her up for the disappointment of me not showing, so she would quit trying to pit me against Mel. I could go see Gus later.

 

I waited for Michael to show up in the eighties reject outfit, for his first date with David. Michael always wanted to hide his sexuality, yet he traveled across town looking like a big nelly bottom. I grab the outfit and wait for him to knock, I just love that he and Lindsay have to knock now. He should get here soon, Justin wanted to see the outfit that they put Michael in, so he stayed to see it. Finally Michael knocks on the door. I open it and it’s really just as funny as the last time. Justin snorts and then tells me he’ll see me at Babylon. The twat looked one more time and we both start laughing. I push Justin out the door and attend to my child.

 

“Oh shut up.” Michael tells us both.

 

“Who did this to you? Let me guess, Emmett de la Renta.” I always loved saying that. We purposely didn’t tell Emmett not to dress Michael.

 

“I should have just worn jeans, but Emmett said ‘no you can’t go on a date like that’.” Michael tells me.

 

“You got a date, Mikey has a date.” I tell him.

 

“I think I’m going to cancel.” He whines to me.

 

“Why? Go try to see if you have anything to work with.” I tell him. Is Michael stuck in rewind? I changed my words but he just keeps saying his.

 

“I shouldn’t have said yes.” He tells me.

 

“Why, are you going to live your entire life hiding?” I tell him. He tells me David was old. Shit maybe I should just stay silent, he is going to keep up the same conversation. 

 

I get him dressed and it was like dressing a kid. He complained the sleeves were too long and I had to fold them for him. I finally get him out the door and go to meet Justin at Babylon. I was watching Justin dance with Emmett and Ted, when I see Marv licking a twinks tonsils. I tell Marv he should call his wife, she was looking for him. I hate that he put his dick before his kid, he most likely won’t call her.

 

I walk down the stairs and grab Justin, I wanted to go see Gus. Justin and I arrive at Lindsay’s door, she tried to keep us out, but in the end let us in. I layed there with Justin and Gus, Lindsay stood there staring at us. She didn’t seem happy that I brought Justin with me.

 

“Brian can we talk in the kitchen.” She orders me.

 

“Sure.” I tell her. I hand Gus to Justin, “Hold our son” I whisper in his ear. Lindsay walks us to the kitchen and shuts the door.

 

“You didn’t show up for dinner, and when you finally do show up you bring Justin with you. I want you to spend time with Mel. You two need to figure out how to parent Gus together.” She tells me. Last time she offered me dinner, guess I’ll have to pick up something for Justin on the way home.

 

“Lately Mel and I have been doing fine. If you want to solve your problems with Mel, maybe you should have asked me to watch Gus so you two could spend some time alone together.” I tell her.

 

“Mel and I are fine. It’s you two trying to prove who I love more that is causing all the problems.” She tells me.

 

“That isn’t the impression I was left with when she and I talked.” I tell her.

 

“You and Mel talking, that will be the day.” She tells me.

 

“Mel and I figured out that instead of letting you play us against each other, we’d talk to each other.” I tell her.

 

“I don’t do that, I’m probably the only reason you can see Gus.” She tells me.

 

“I’m still legally Gus’s father, you couldn’t stop me if you wanted to.” I tell her.

 

“You really think anybody would give you the right to see Gus. You're fucking a seventeen year old kid, your life is a series of tricks, and you take practically anything you can get your hands on.” She tells me. Wendy is showing her true colors.

 

“Temper, temper. Why are you upset? Is it because Mel and I aren’t fighting over you?” I ask her.

 

“Brian, I was hoping you would come to your senses about Justin. He needs to meet someone closer to his age.” She tells me.

 

“Wait, could you answer my questions about me and Mel?” I ask her. 

 

“Look, I’m going to bed. You can bring Gus to bed and lock up.” Lindsay tells me. She walks off, without ever answering my question. 

 

I walk back to the living room to see Mel sitting with Justin.

 

“Did we wake you?” I ask her.

 

“No, I’ve been sitting upstairs all night, to avoid Lindsay. I came down to see why she took Gus from the crib.” She tells me.

 

“Have you decided anything?” I ask her.

 

“I’m trying to salvage my relationship. Up until this weekend, I thought we were doing fine. I could blame you and Lindsay would defend you. Now it’s like we are changing places. When you didn’t show tonight, I had to calm her down. She sat at the table trying to convince me you wouldn’t skip out on her. I told her that inviting you and not Justin was rude. She wasn’t happy about me saying that.” Mel tells me.

 

“She still thinks that I’m going to change my mind about Justin.” I tell Mel.

 

“Brian, honestly we all think that.” Mel tells me.

 

“I hope you are willing to eat your words when Justin is still here. We’re going to go home, I really don’t want to enter the muncher sanctuary to put Gus to bed.” I tell her.

 

 

I take Gus and give him a kiss and hand him to Mel. Justin leans down and kisses Gus’s head, then surprises Mel and pecks her on the lips.

 

“Don’t compromise yourself for something called love.” He tells her.

 

I get Justin out the door, before he helps Mel pack her bags. 

 

“You know Mel became a great mother to Gus. I’d like her to still be around.” I tell him.

 

“Brian, I love Mel. If I was into women, I would have chased her.” Justin tells me. 

 

“I like Mel, but there is no way I would have wanted to fuck her.” I tell Justin.

 

“Of course not, it would be like fucking yourself.” Twat answers.

 

“I’d fuck me, just not Mel.” I shiver.

 

“Brian if there were two of you, no one in the world would be safe. You and your twin would be too busy trying to out trick each other.” Justin tells me.

 

“Like you don’t dream about the possibility.” I tell him. 

 

“You know, you really should talk to someone about your confidence problem.” Justin tells me.

 

“You should talk to someone about the fact that you’re a twat.” I tell him.

 

We get to the loft and I still can’t shake of the idea of Justin and Melanie, so not going to happen. I think about it for a second.

 

“Justin, don’t let them talk you into a baby.” I tell him. 

 

“That is only something you and Michael could get talked into. I would rather raise my kid.” He tells me.

 

“Hey, you love our kids.” I point out.

 

“Jenny and Gus are the only good thing that came out of that mess.” Justin tells me.

 

“Why does that make Michael and me less smart than you?” I ask him.

 

“I would have had it written in stone the day they took my baby makers, that I had rights to my kid. You two morons spent more time being jerked around. Learn to push at the right time and the results change.” Justin tells me.

 

“Think about that Justin, how did she know to push at the right time?” I ask him.

“Are we talking about Gus?” He asks me.

 

“No, New York.” I tell him.

 

“You changed, she didn’t like it. When she talks to you, she always gets you to think you're being unreasonable. She gives suggestions and then when that doesn’t work she hit me with you. You wouldn’t let me give up the possibility, if you thought it was best.” Justin tells me.

 

“I just don’t see anything she gained.” I tell him.

 

“I don’t know, it hasn’t happened so we can’t tie her to a chair and make her tell us why.” Justin tells me.

 

“How does Ethan know anything?” I ask him.

 

“Fuck, we need to find Marilyn, Ethan is harmless. Unlike Lindsay, if he knew the future, Ethan would fuck with us, but in the end he would try to achieve fame earlier.” Justin tells me.

 

I don’t tell Justin I went looking for the fucker. He seems to have vanished into thin air.