- Text Size +

VIC

 

“Lindsay, why did you lie to them?” I ask her. 

 

“The same reason you did, self protection.” She tells me. 

 

“Now you’re out in the cold. They are no longer going to play your game.” I tell her. 

 

“You think you scored any points today? How do you think Brian and Justin are going to feel when they find out you were only helping to save Deb from purgatory?” She tells me.

 

“I wasn’t trying to ruin their lives, that’s all on you.” I tell her.

 

“No, I can keep acting like I didn’t know all along, you can’t pretend, since you were running around telling them you knew the future.” She tells me.

 

“I could tell them the truth and let the chips fall where they may.” I warn her.

 

“You could, but do you think Brian would forgive you using him and Justin to save Deb from her own stupidity?” She smiles at me, she knows she has us.

 

“Deb was never supposed to be there, if you hadn’t lied to us…” 

 

Lindsay interrupts me. “I didn’t lie, I wanted my life to go the way it should have. Why did I have to suffer, when Brian could have helped me?” She tells me.

 

“You did it all on your own, Lindsay. I should never have let Deb see you. You were able to make her believe it was about Gus, when all this was about, was you.” I tell her.

 

“Please, Deb thinks she knows better than anyone. I’m not the one who told God nothing I could do would change Justin and Brian’s life. If she had just shut the fuck up, you wouldn’t be stuck having to try to make them screw up to prove that Deb was right, and get her out of trouble.” She tells me.

 

“Do you know how much I wish you were never allowed to meet any of us?” I tell her.

 

“About as much as I wished you and Deb had been hit by a bus, so Brian could have left your family behind.” She tells me.

 

“I don’t care what you do, I’m going to tell them you were here the whole time. Why couldn’t you leave them alone? You had a third chance to change your life, and you're still trying to get the future you want. If you love Kira, let this go and try to repair your life.” I beg her.

 

“You really think I care about some brat Justin used to try and replace Gus with.” She tells me.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I ask her. This isn’t the woman who was always helping Justin.

 

“I’m Lindsay Peterson, the only woman Brian loves. I want my chance to be the one in the spotlight. I can become everything Justin is, don’t you see? Justin only made it because Brian helped him. I was forced to work and take care of Gus. If I’d had the time Justin had, I could have created masterpieces.” She is delusional.

 

“Justin has talent Lindsay, he didn’t sit around waiting for someone to take care of him. That man worked his ass off for everything he’s ever gotten.” I try to get her to see she’s wrong.

 

“I want my turn to have the excitement, too bad you can’t stop me.” She smirks.

 

JUSTIN

 

I walked out of the room with Lindsay and Vic in it and agree with Brian. We are going to make our own life. Daphne is standing in the main room, with my mom. I wanted to get out of here but I don’t want my mom to think anything is wrong. Brian lets go of my hand and walks over to my mom.

 

“Jen, why don’t you look around and then we can go out to dinner. That way we can talk and you can ask what you need to know. Who better to explain gay life than someone who’s gay?” Brian tells her.

 

“Justin wanted me to talk to Deb, we could invite her too.” Jen tells him. Deb is standing with Emmett, she smiles at the idea.

 

“Deb raised a son who is still hiding his sexuality. She hasn’t been able to get him to come out of the closet, I doubt that she has anything useful to tell you. Well, she’ll likely tell you I’ll hurt Justin, because she always knows everything.” Brian tells Jen. Deb starts to frown.

 

“Brian, I helped raise you too.” Deb tells him.

 

“And you never let me forget that you did. I mean, I have to take care of your family, in order to thank you for not allowing my dad to beat the shit out of me everyday. You know what Jen, I only got the crap knocked out of me once a week after I met Deb and her family. Deb constantly wants me to take care of her family, I get to take the blame when her son gets in trouble.”

 

I need to stop Brian, I’m mad too, but unlike the two in the other room, Deb didn’t do anything yet.

 

“Mom, this time it should just be you, Brian and me. That way you and Brian can talk to each other.” I tell my mom.

 

“Justin don’t forget Daphne and Emmett, they are probably the only friends you really have.” Brian tells me.

 

“Brian, what’s going on? I’ve always treated you like a son.” Deb tells Brian.

 

“So, you blame Michael when I get myself into shit. I mean if I was arrested for shitting on a cop, and Michael was there, you’d tell Michael that he should have protected me?” Brian asks her.

 

“Brian, you were trouble from the day Michael met you. Michael never did anything wrong before that.” She tells us. 

 

This is the woman who defended us to the rest of the gang.

 

“So Michael, isn’t capable of doing anything wrong?” Brian asks her.

 

“Yes, he can be wrong, but he doesn’t intentionally do it, you do.” Deb tells him.

 

“Deb, Michael is a grown man, don’t you think it’s time for him to take responsibility for his life?” Emmett tells her. Poor Emmett is trying to figure out what’s going on.

 

“Michael was wrong, trying to get in the middle of Justin and Brian, I called him on it. I’m not going to stand here and listen to Brian act like Michael was always the one doing things.” Deb tells us.

 

“You know, I think Brian is right, I should spend time alone with them. I can’t get to know him if I don’t try.” Mom tells us. She was trying to be the peacemaker.

 

“I think Brian is right Deb, Jen needs to get to know Brian, without everyone offering an opinion.” Emmett adds.

 

“I thought we were going to come to an art show. Why are you trying to leave?” Deb asks us.

 

“Lindsay, quite simply, is being a bitch, I don’t want Mother Taylor to have to listen to her all night.” Brian tells Deb.

 

“I’ll go and talk to her. She just needs someone to talk to.” Deb tells us.

 

“You are always so helpful Deb.” Brian tells her.

 

I get Mom to agree to look and then we can go. Brian tells Mel he wants the drawing of him and leaves her with the money for it. I see Marilyn standing behind Emmett, I still don’t know what to believe. I know one thing, Lindsay is a lying bitch. She can tell me whatever she wants, the first clue I had that she knew was that she brought up things she did in the future. That was before I commented on the article, Lindsay needs to remember, the devil is in the details. 

 

MARILYN

 

“Brian, can I meet you and Justin somewhere tonight?” I ask him.

 

“Only if you can bring the truth, all of it, do you really think Justin and I believe you didn’t know?” He asks me.

 

“I didn’t know all of it, I swear, but I promise to fill you in on what I do know.” She tells me.

 

“Be at the loft at nine.” He tells me and walks away.

 

I think it’s time for Vic and I to talk. I thought we were helping them but suddenly it’s like there was some other agenda. I walk into the room he and Lindsay were in. Lindsay seems to have disappeared but I see Vic. He is going to explain why he lied to me.

 

“You ready to tell me the truth? because I have always prided myself on the fact that I use my ability without ill intentions.” I tell him.

 

“Yes, you always have. It was Deb and me that tried to change things. Deb is in serious trouble Marty.” He tells me.

 

“Which one, the one up with you or here?” I am going to make him spell it out.

 

“The one who decided that she knew better than God. When we were told what our meddling caused, Deb didn’t know that Brian and Justin had lived the other life together. She told everyone that even if Lindsay hadn’t interfered, that Brian and Justin wouldn’t make it. She said that we shouldn’t be blamed because Brian was the one who made the mistake. She was sent to purgatory, and will stay there unless she is proven right.” Vic tells me.

 

“Let me get this straight, because right now, I want to believe you wouldn’t have tried to screw them over. You have been trying to make them follow the timeline that leads Justin to the plane? Tell me I’m wrong Vic, because you made me believe you were trying to help them.” I yell at him.

 

“I wish I could, I love Brian and Justin, but she’s my sister. I have to help her.” Vic tells me.

 

“All she has to do is admit she doesn’t know what’s best for everyone.” I tell him.

 

“She insists she’s right, and that Lindsay was just confused.” Vic tells me.

 

“Then just like Brian can’t help Michael, you need to let your sister deal with the consequences of her actions. I will not be a pawn, trying to save your sister from her own folly.” I tell him

 

I watch a sad Vic disappear. I think Brian and Justin have the right to the truth. I just hope I don’t end up on the shit list that is starting to get longer.

 

KIRA

 

I was walking around picking flowers in the field, I wanted to see my Dad. It gets lonely up here without them. I watch Gus’s mom and Daddy fight. I wish I could go down there and kick her. I was going to follow Daddy and Dad, but when Vic asked about Lindsay lying, I stayed and listened. I would have hyperventilated but I can’t.

 

“Hello sweetie.” Vic smiles at me, as he appears in front of me..

 

“Hello traitor.” I tell him. I turn and run away from the person who lied to us.