- Text Size +

BRIAN

 

Vic got up to help Michael, Deb had zero sympathy for her son. We were all trying to keep a straight face, you know, to impress David for Michael. David sat through the whole ‘death by fire’, more amused by Michael than trying to control everything around Michael.  

 

“David, Michael said you were from Portland.” Ted threw out to start a conversation.

 

“Yes, I moved here after my divorce, I wanted a start somewhere people didn’t know my wife and me.” David tells us.

 

“You picked the Pitts?” I asked. I would have picked California.

 

“I was offered a practice here, with clients. I didn’t want to start completely over. So what does everyone else do?” He asks us.

 

“I’m a family rights lawyer.” Mel tells David.

 

“Vic and I are starting an events planning company. Brian offered to help us start the business. It’s been really exciting.” Emmett tells him.

 

“You’ll have to give me your card, a lot of my friends would be interested in your services.” Dr Helpful tells Emmett. Where is the jackass?

 

“I’ll give them to Michael, once we get them. Justin is working on a pamphlet with me and Vic. Maybe you could pass those around too.” Emmett tells David.

 

“Do that, I have a few events coming up, maybe we could talk about you throwing them.” He tells Emmett.

 

Michael was watching us from the sink, he wasn't happy that David didn’t help him. I watched him scowl as David continued to ignore him.

 

“Justin, I wanted to tell you, I thought you were really talented. I was surprised by how young you are.” David tells him. Wow, Michael really didn't like that.

 

“My Sunshine creates masterpieces, his mother told me that Justin was drawing the minute he could hold a crayon.” Deb tells David.

 

“Have you started looking into colleges?” He asks Justin. Why is he acting like he wants to know us?

 

“PIFA was an idea, but I think that I want to dual major in business. I want to do what Brian is doing and someday own a gallery. I was thinking about writing and drawing a graphic novel, but I’ve been busy with finishing high school, and helping Brian with Gus and Kinnetik.” Justin tells David.

 

“Brian, don’t you work at Ryder?” David asks me.

 

“I’m branching out with my own firm. I’m tired of working for a firm that is scared to really sell the product. I like the idea of being my own boss.” I tell the alien David.

 

“Brian, what are you thinking? You should have talked to me before you just threw away your future. Ryder would have made you partner. How could you risk your future like that, or was it Justin’s idea? Why are you doing something that risky?” Michael asks me. 

 

“Everything is a risk, but I wanted to venture out. Ted and I already have clients lined up. I just think playing it safe in a job you barely tolerate is a waste of time.” I tell him. 

 

“You talked Ted into this? Jesus Brian, how could you not only flush your career down the toilet, but also screw up Ted’s? It's one thing to talk Emmett and Uncle Vic into a potentially stupid business, neither of them has anything to lose. Ted had a good job, and now he’s dependent on you. Next you'll tell me Justin works for you as your personal boytoy. At least then you could hire his ass out when you need money.” Michael tells me. 

 

“MICHAEL CHARLES NOVOTNY, YOU BETTER FUCKING APOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE AT THIS TABLE. EVERY ONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN BUSTING THEIR ASSES TO ACHIEVE THEIR GOALS AND YOU ACT LIKE THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH WANTING TO BETTER THEMSELVES AND THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN INFORMED FIRST.” Mama Bear yells at him.

 

“What they’re doing is ruining their lives.” Michael tells us. 

 

“It sounds more like they're not willing to sit back and play it safe.” David tells him.

 

“You don’t understand, Brian is letting them risk their futures, on him. One thing Brian has always said was not to depend on him, if he fails to live up to the things he tells you, you're the one that gets left behind. While he wanders off and acts like he never promised you anything, Justin should realize that he is eventually going to be left behind too, and get out while he still can.” Michael tells us.

 

“What are you talking about Michael? We are starting businesses. What does that have to do with Justin and Brian’s relationship?” Vic asks him.

 

“Brian seems to think that he can say things and then ignore them when he has to face them. I just think that you're risking your futures on someone who can’t even admit to his feelings.” Michael tells us.

 

“Michael, when has Brian ever not delivered on a promise?” Justin asks him.

 

“Why don’t you mind your own business? I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to the adults in the room. Brian seems to think because he got some blond boy ass, he can lie to people and make them think they have a future, when he is just going to walk away and leave you all in the dust.” Michael tells everyone.

 

“Maybe I should go, this seems like a conversation you and your family should have in private.” David tells Michael.

 

“I think that Brian and Justin should go, so we could talk some sense into the rest of them.” Michael tells David.

 

“I think that if you don’t want me coming over there and kicking your ass, you’ll shut the fuck up.” I tell him.

 

“Is the truth too hard for you to listen to?” Michael sneers at me.

 

“No, listening to you act superior to everyone, when you can’t even get the balls to say fuck the Big Q and being in the closet at work, makes you giving advice sound like a child.” I tell him.

 

“Not everyone can screw their way to the top, some of us have to actually work. I hope Justin likes sharing you with everyone.” Michael sneers at Justin.

 

“You mean like you? Aren’t you the one who couldn’t do your job, and Justin almost got hurt because ‘little Mikey’ didn’t have a good day?” I ask him.

 

“Why do you always make it about Justin? Just once, could you think of other people, we used to be friends, but the minute you meet this kid, it’s like I no longer had a place in your life.” He tells me.

 

“Michael, you are seeing David. Brian can have a life too.” Deb tells him.

 

“You really believe that Justin is the one who Brian would change for? Trust me, Brian isn’t going to change, he might think he is, but he isn’t capable of commitment. He leads people on and then throws them out when they expect to much from him.” Michael tells us.

 

“That sounds more like you.” Justin tells him.

 

“You don’t fucking know enough to say that to me. You're barely out of fucking diapers and you think that the one man no one could have would really want you.” Michael tells Justin. 

 

“Don’t you mean the one man you can’t have Michael?” Ted asks him.

 

“I wouldn’t waste my time trying to cage Brian. I have someone better, right David?” Michael turns to David.

 

“Can we have this conversation in private Michael?” David asks him.

 

“I want my family to hear what a real relationship is like, not Brian and adopt a trick.” Michael tells David.

 

“I really think we should at least talk outside.” David tells Michael. I guess I have to get them back together, I was hoping to not have to do it.

 

“No, just tell us what you want to say.” Michael tells him.

 

“I’m sorry to do this in front of you, but Michael doesn’t seem to understand tact. Michael, I just don’t feel that you would be a good person to have around my friends and my son. Look at the way you treat Justin, because he has someone you obviously want. Right now, I don’t see a future with you, unless you get over this thing with Brian.” David tells him.

 

 It was nice to meet all of you, but I think it’s best I go.” David tells us.

 

“David you can’t mean that, I’m sorry that my friends and family can’t behave better, but don’t hold it against me.” Michael tells him.

 

“Michael, your friends and family were great. You're the one who caused a scene and insulted all the people in this room. I want someone who knows when to mind his own business. Which you don’t seem capable of doing.” David tells him. 

 

“I shouldn’t have trusted you guys to make a good impression.” Michael tells us.

 

“Deb, I really enjoyed the food. Thank you for allowing me to come tonight.” David tells her. Ignoring Michael. 

 

“Your welcome anytime, sorry about my son.” She tells him.

 

“Emmett, make sure to get me those pamphlets. I’ll make sure to pass them around for you.” David tells him.

 

“Brian, if you are looking for a smaller account come to my practice and we can talk.” David seems to be making the rounds.

 

David grabs his jacket and hurries out the door. This is going to be harder than convincing Michael to take David back. 

 

“Look what you guys did.” Michael whines at us.

 

“Now that your ex boyfriend is gone, can you explain to me why you attacked Justin and Brian?” Deb asks Michael.

 

“I was just telling the truth, Brian isn’t going to give them what they want.” He tells her.

 

“What do they want Michael?” I ask him.

 

“How about when you say something you stick to it? You know, like when you talked to me when I called from the hospital.” Michael tells me.

 

“Michael, you talked to me, not Brian.” Justin tells him.

 

“I’m talking about when you handed Brian the phone, JUSTIN.” Michael tells him.

 

“Um, I never gave Brian the phone, MICHAEL.” Justin tells me.

 

“Yes you did. He and I talked.” Michael tells him.

 

“Michael, I threw the phone on the dashboard, I think you were listening to us talking to each other.” Justin tells him. 

 

“”You must of gotten out of the car, because I only talked to Brian.” Michael tells him.

 

“Not that I remember. When Brian started the Jeep, I remembered you were still on the phone, but when I checked you had hung up.”Justin tells me.

 

“Well he told me he was coming to see me right fucking now, then told me to come to the loft and asked to take care of me. I doubt he would say that in front of you.” Michael tells Justin.

 

“Actually, I think you were listening to me tell Justin that I was cumming, with a ‘U’, not coming to see you.” I tell Mikey.

 

“Brian, why don’t you just tell everyone what you said to me. Let’s see how much faith they have when they find out you blew me off after making me think…” Michael stops before he tells everyone that I wanted him.

 

“I was getting blown Michael. You weren’t even a thought in my head.” I tell him.

 

“I ruined things with David because I thought…” Michael gets interrupted by Deb.

 

“Instead of seeing where things could lead with David, you ran after your fantasy. That’s on you, Michael. How many ways do we all have to tell you, Brian loves Justin, before you live your life?” Deb asks him.

 

“Brian doesn’t do love.” Michael tells us.

 

“I do if it’s Justin. Let me say it for the hundredth time, I am in love with Justin, not you. I plan to spend my life with him, not you. I plan to keep people who will hurt him, which includes you, out of our life. It’s time for you to decide if you can accept the TRUTH, because if you ever talk about Justin or to Justin, like that again, I WILL BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU. ” I tell him.

 

“Justin and I are going to go home, so that we can be there when our son comes over in the morning. Deb, deal with your son.” I tell her. 

 

“I think Teddy and I are going too.” Emmett tells her.

 

“Gus needs to get to bed, so I’m going to leave too.” Mel tells them.

 

“I think I’ll go to my room, it’s been interesting.” Vic tells us.

 

Deb looked like she was about to chew Michael’s ass, and none of us wanted to get caught in the crossfire.

 

JUSTIN

 

We all escaped to the loft, Brian told Mel to just let us keep Gus and she could have a night off. Emmett wanted to take her to dyke night at Babylon. 

 

“It’s time to dust off your parts and show the women out there what they’re missing.” Emmett tells her.

 

“Do we really have to go to dyke night?” Ted asks them.

 

“Ted, it’s not like you can find a date on any other night.” Brian tells him.

 

“With you no longer taking every male in the place, I figure my chances may improve.” Ted tells him.

 

“Hey, before you go, what did you think of David?” Brian asks them.

 

“Seems okay, not someone I would hang out with all the time, but not someone I would ignore.” Emmett tells Brian.

 

“He’s the kind of guy I would be looking for.” Ted tells me.

 

“Hello, dyke, I don’t look at men.” Mel tells Brian.

 

“I mean, you idiots, does he seem like an asshole to you?” Brian tells them.

 

“No, he seemed likable.” Emmett tells him.

 

“He was a dick the last time.” He tells them.

 

“To you Brian, but you need to remember what you were like with him.” I tell him.

 

“I wasn’t nice, but even when he and Michael finally got together, he still wanted me out of Michael’s life. Not that I would mind now.” He tells me.

 

“Imagine you’re David, and you get to meet your potential boyfriend’s best friend. Instead of you welcoming him to the group, you hit on him. Then you get Michael to chase you, in front of him. Then Michael breaks up with him, because you don’t like him. How much of an asshole would you be to you?” I tell him.

 

“Okay, but he even talked to you. I don’t think he said anything to you in the time Michael was with him.” He points out.

 

“What would he have to talk to me about? I wasn’t really around him except at the party, and the boring ass slideshow.” I tell him.

 

“So you think he was jealous of me and Michael, and now, since I’m not doing anything but pushing Mikey away, there is no reason to be jealous?” I ask him.

 

“Makes a lot of sense to me Brian.” Ted tells us.

 

“One problem guys, how do we get David interested in Michael? They are supposed to move to Portland together. If the David we watched run for the door tonight, doesn’t change his mind, Michael doesn’t leave.” I tell them.

 

“Shit, I hate when Marilyn is right.” I tell them.