- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

Walking into the prom wasn’t as exciting as I made it in my head. The other kids looked at Brian, but other than curiosity, they went back to what they were doing. I looked around to see if Chris was here, but if he was I didn’t see him. Daphne and Mark went to find a table to sit at, while Brian looked at the punch and shook his head.

 

“You go to this expensive private school and they still serve Hawaiian Punch.” He comments.

 

“They can’t serve Beam and Champagne, plus most of the kids only stay long enough to take pictures and then go to the parties that serve the good stuff.” I tell him.

 

“Guys, the art club wants you to sit with them.” Mark tells me.

 

The art club turned out to be pretty decent. None of them cared that I was gay, they just wanted to see what I could create. I was finished with the painting of Kira and wanted to give it to Brian tonight. I keep seeing this as a new start for us. We aren’t going to have to deal with me post bashing, it’s strange that I never had flashbacks to that time. All the side effects have been gone since my stay in Heaven. 

 

Brian and I ended up hanging out with the Art Club most of the night, they were discussing where they were going to go to college. Brian and I had already made sure I was registered for school. He told me that without all the other shit I should be able to finish this time.

 

“Justin, have you decided on a college?” Mark ask me.

 

“Carnegie Mellon, I plan on dual majors, business and art.” I tell him.

 

“I’ve decided to go to Carnegie Mellon too. It won’t be as expensive as going out of state. My parents told me to look at other colleges because I want to study medicine, but I since the first two years are general ed, I wanted to stay here.” Daphne tells me.

 

“It sucks because I’m stuck here for another year. What am I going to do without you?” Mark asks Daphne.

 

“Dude, the campus is in town, not in another state.” She tells him.

 

We were still talking when Brian grabs me and walks me to the dance floor. 

 

“I was saving this dance for you.” Brian smiles at me. “Save The Last Dance For Me” starts to play.

 

It was as if we had the steps encoded into our DNA. There was no thought, just our bodies moving together. When we spun, I wanted to keep spinning and not stop until all the other parts of our life were complete. That’s the way I felt right at this moment. It was just us on the floor, as if everyone else disappeared. When the song was coming to a close Brian picked me up and kissed me as if savoring the reality that we weren’t hiding what we feel for each other, and the night was going to end the way he envisioned the first time. It was like all the noise around us started back up when the song ended. We held our foreheads together and savored this moment. 

 

“Where did you learn to dance like that?” Mark asked us.

 

“Brian brings it out in me.” I tell him.

 

I look around to see different expressions, shock being the main one. At the back of the room I see Chris, he turns and walks out of the room. When I looked at Brian he was staring at the empty spot Chris left.

 

“You guys ready to go to Babylon?” Brian asked us.

 

“You guys are going out to a club?” Jake, from Art Club, asked us.

 

“Babylon, my friends wanted to celebrate with me, and they couldn’t come to prom.” I tell them.

 

“That’s the gay club right?” Jake asked me.

 

“It’s a club, where mostly gay men go, yes.” I tell him.

 

“Would it be okay if we show up?” He asks me.

 

“Is there something you want to tell us?” Mark asks him.

 

“No, it just sounds better than hanging here all night.” He tells us

 

“Just don’t freak out if a guy hits on you.” I tell Jake.

 

“I’d be surprised if a guy hit on me there.” Daphne tells them.

 

“We’ll find you a butch lesbian.” Brian tells her.

 

“Or you could forget Justin for one night and take a walk on the wild side with me.” She jokes.

 

“We seriously need to get you laid, so you’ll quit hitting on my boyfriend.” I tell her.

 

“I’ll check with the others, maybe we’ll see you.” Jake tells me. 

 

We say goodbye to the others and head out of the ballroom, I smirked at the teacher, Dixon. I could feel the disapproval coming off him in waves. It must have pissed him off that he couldn’t stop us from coming to the prom.

 

Brian was tense as we got closer to his car. He looked for Emmett and Ted, and seemed to relax a little once he saw them parked next to us. 

 

“Nothing is going to happen.” I whisper to him.

 

“It doesn’t change the fact that I can still see it in my head.” He tells me.

 

We were just about to the Jeep when Emmett runs passed us. Brian turned and ran behind Emmett. Chris was rushing towards us but instead of a bat, all he had was a bottle in his hand. Chris stopped and started backing up. 

 

“Too scared to fuck with someone when they can see you?” Brian asks him.

 

“Like I’m afraid of fags.” He spits out the words.

 

“Then come here and let me show you what a fag could do to you.” Brian tells him.

 

Chris starts coming towards us, but Emmett grabs him and pushes him back.

 

“How about you deal with this fag? I would love to be able to tell the police I kicked your ass.” Emmett says to him.

 

“Fuck you.” He tells Emmett.

 

“I reserve that for real men, not little cunty jocks.” Emmett tells him.

 

I could tell Chris wanted to prove Emmett wrong, but like Brian said, Chris isn’t capable of facing someone. Chris threw his bottle at Emmett, aiming for his head. Emmett caught it and hurled it back at Chris, who ran behind his car, until the bottle exploded on his windshield, then jumped in and took off.

 

“Like I said, cunty jock.” Emmett tells us.  

 

“What in the world was that about?” Daphne asks us.

 

“Denial.” I tell her. 

 

“Let’s go.” Brian tells us

 

We got to Babylon and I was ready to celebrate that St James was a memory.

 

“Come with me.” Emmett grabbed Daphne and Mark.

 

We reached the bar and Emmett got Daphne a Cosmo to celebrate finishing school. Brian handed me a shot of Beam and we toasted to tomorrow, and what our life was going to bring. It was going to be up to us which direction we took. We were all dancing when the rest of my prom group showed up. I think Jake’s eye were like saucers, it’s not everyday he sees guys practically fucking on the floor. I look for Daphne and Mark but they seem to have disappeared, until Brian points at Emmett. Emmett is dragging Mark and Daphne back to us.

 

“What were you two doing?” I ask her, noticing Emmett shaking his head at them.

 

“Checking out gay culture.” She tells me.

 

“They were trying to sneak into the backroom.” Emmett tells us.

 

“You wanted to see the walls?” I smirk at her.

 

“Mark was curious and as a faithful hag, I was going with him to support his quest.” She tells me.

 

“She wanted to ask how to give a blow job.” Mark rats her out.

 

“What for? If you needed pointers, Honey, just come over to my apartment. We can practice, until you feel ready. It’s all in keeping your teeth covered.” Emmett tells her. 

 

Brian grabs me and pulls me behind him. I look around him to see Chris standing at the entrance. Hopefully he’s made up his mind, because I am tired of dealing with him. A guy next to him starts hitting on Chris. Chris shoves him away and walks toward me.

 

“Just let him say what he has to say and maybe will finally be rid of him.” I tell Brian. I spent so much time trying to get away from Chris that I wonder if I just let him say whatever keeps him coming back, he'll finally leave me alone. Emmett blocks his path to me, but lets him see me.

 

“Look kid, if you have something to say, say it, it’s your only chance.” Emmett tells him.

 

“I fucking hate you for making me doubt who I am.” Chris yells at me.

 

“Why is it my fault you can’t decided what you are?” I ask him.

 

“You want to know if your a fag?” Emmett asks him.

 

“I’m not, it’s just…” Chris can’t seem to say I make him think he is.

 

“I asked if you want to know if your a fag?” Emmett asks him again.

 

When Chris stays silent, Emmett continues.”It’s easy, let me explain, I like big dick. I like to stroke it, suck it and feel it when it fills my ass. I like being handled by a big beefy top who uses me like a rag doll. I love swallowing a juicy load that comes from blowing a guy until his toes curl and his balls explode. Any other questions? Because queer boy, your hard from listening to a fag.” 

 

Emmett turned to walk away and Chris rushed behind him. Brian seemed to know Chris was going to do something. Brian grabbed him and pushed him all the way back to the wall and wrapped his hands around Chris’s neck and starts pushing him up against the wall.

 

“I’m going to let you go, before I end you. I want you to come at me head on, because only a pussy waits for someone to turn his back.” Brian lets him drop to the ground.

 

“I’ll even let you throw the first punch.” Brian stands with his arms behind his back. 

 

Chris tries to punch Brian in the face, but Brian blocked his fist. “That’s the best you’ve got, well here’s one from me.” Brian tells him and hits Chris hard enough that he’s on the ground. Instead of getting up he starts backing up and trying to get away from Brian.

 

“Get the fuck out of here. Stay away from us, because next time, I’ll make sure they never find your body.” Brian tells him.  

 

The security guys come over and pick Chris up and usher him out the door. I think it was time to take Brian home, he looked like he wanted to follow them and finish the job. 

 

BRIAN

 

It felt good to kick the fucker’s ass. I was ready to take Justin home and use the adrenalin in more creative ways. When we got to the loft I started taking off my suit and was hoping Justin would get the hint.

 

“Can you give me a minute?” Justin asks me.

 

“You know we do this all the time.” I joke.

 

“I have something for you.” He tells me.

 

Justin goes into the bedroom and carries a canvas out to me. 

 

“I wanted to give this to you, because I feel like we are starting a new life.” Justin tells me.

 

He turns it towards me and I see our daughter in living color. The painting was a promise that we were going to one day hold this little girl. I walked away from him and start moving the naked guy painting. I wanted to be able to see my future instead of a part of my past.

 

That night after making love to Justin, I dreamed of Kira.

 

“Dad, come play with me, I promise to get you home by morning.” She tells me.

 

I follow her to the field of flowers and pick her up to dance my first dance with her, under the perfect sun in a perfect field with a perfect daughter. 

 

I woke up wanting to go back and stay with her for just a little longer. But turning over I see Justin smiling at me and can hear him breathing, so I know we still have things to do before we get where we are going to be.