- Text Size +

 

A little over one week after bringing Keegan home from the hospital, Justin was reading to him in the living room at Britin when the doorbell rang. He put the baby in his bouncing lounger seat and answered the door, finding a man standing on the porch who Justin didn't recognize.

"May I help you?" Justin asked.

"I'm looking for Justin Taylor," the man answered.

"I'm Justin Taylor," the blond replied, confused.

"You've been served," was all the man said before handing Justin an envelope and going back to his car to leave the property.

Justin closed the door and went back inside to see what the papers were about, though he could safely guess. Opening the envelope, he saw that Curtis Anderson was suing him for sole legal and physical custody of Keegan. The petition also requested that the court grant Curtis temporary custody while the case was pending.

Justin picked up his son and held him close.

"I'm going to fix this," he whispered to Keegan. "No one is going to take you away from me, my sweet little boy, I promise."

Justin wished that Brian had been there to help calm him, but he was at the office. He called Brian, who said that he should call Melanie up in Canada and have her start on whatever she needed to do to get this taken care of.

When Justin called Melanie to let her know that Curtis had filed for custody, she told him that she would make some calls and be back down to Pittsburgh the following week. They had thirty days to respond to Curtis's petition, so there was no huge rush.

"Do you think Brian will mind if I stay with you guys while I'm there?" Melanie asked. "I love Deb and Carl, but three adults sharing a bathroom is brutal, especially when one of them is an old man with an enlarged prostate."

Justin chuckled. "Sure. We have plenty of room here, and I know all about life at Deb's house. I lived there with her and Vic for a few months, remember?"

"Oh yeah, you did. Don't worry, sweetie, everything's going to be okay. Give that beautiful little angel of yours a kiss for me, and I'll see you soon."

Justin smiled, happy that he had Melanie on his side. No matter how ugly things had ever been between Mel and Brian, she and Justin had always had a special bond. "I will, Mel. Thanks."

Things had been particularly tense between Brian and Justin since Keegan had been home from the hospital. It stressed both of them to be apart so much. Brian had only gone home to Britin over the weekend and only one night during the week, claiming that it was too much driving back and forth when he had so much to do at Kinnetik without Justin being there. Brian complained that he needed to constantly babysit the art department, because apparently all he seemed to be able to find and hire lately were morons. Their sex life was suffering greatly, adding even more stress.

***************

Justin called Brian's cell phone the day after receiving the notice of Curtis's lawsuit, but the call went straight to voicemail. He then called the office and learned that Brian took his private jet that morning to Atlanta to meet a potential client. When he was finally able to get in contact with Brian later that day, Brian made it sound like it didn't even matter that he had left without telling him, since Justin wasn't expecting him back at Britin for a few days anyway. Justin, exhausted from taking care of a rather grouchy Keegan all day, didn't have the energy to argue with his lover.

Once Brian returned from his trip, he went home to Britin for a long weekend knowing that he and Justin needed to get things worked out between them. Not communicating had ended their relationship more than once before and he was determined to not let it happen again.

Trying to start the weekend out on a positive note, Justin had made his signature jambalaya for dinner and opened a bottle of Brian's favorite wine. He had also fired up the hot tub for later. They needed to talk and come to a compromise on some things.

Neither one of them was willing to let their relationship disintegrate, since they had worked too hard and had been through too much to lose it all now. They would fix this somehow, and they both knew that together they were stronger than they were apart. The addition of Keegan to the equation only made it more important that they make their relationship work, and even more so now that Curtis had filed his lawsuit.

When Brian walked in the door, Justin wrapped his arms around his gorgeous partner and gave him a long, deep kiss to welcome him home.

"I thought we could have a nice dinner, and then relax in the hot tub and talk. We really need to work things out between us. I love you," Justin told the older man, adding in that last line to let him know he wasn't mad at him.

"I love you too, Sunshine. We'll fix this, there's no other choice," Brian replied, happy that the weekend seemed to be starting out well.

They kept the conversation light at dinner, discussing the family, local gossip, and some projects Justin needed to work on for Kinnetik. After they had finished eating and loaded the dishwasher, Justin fed Keegan and got him settled in his crib while Brian checked his email.

The men undressed, grabbed their robes, and headed for the hot tub. They never bothered with swim trunks when it was just the two of them, knowing that they would eventually take them off anyway.

Once they were relaxed with glasses of wine in hand, Brian opened the conversation. "Justin, I understand that you want to be here with Keegan and not have a nanny raise him. He needs you, but I also need you at Kinnetik. How about a compromise? Debbie is finally going to be retiring from the diner at the end of the month, for real this time. What would you say to working at Kinnetik two days a week and letting Deb watch her newest grandbaby at her house? That way you could get the art department running smoothly again and I will be able to spend some more time with my favorite blonds. With you keeping the art department in line, I won't have to work ten or twelve hour days anymore and will only spend the night at the loft when necessary."

Justin weighed what Brian was suggested before answering. "That could work. I'll only be a quick drive away if Keegan really needed something. Do you think that Deb would go for it? I love the idea because I really don't want him with strangers."

"Deb already said yes, because it was her suggestion. I was telling her about your useless fools that can't function without you when I went to the diner for lunch the other day, and she mentioned that she would love to watch Keegan so you could help keep me sane and the art department safe from me raging out on them."

"You know that I would love to be able to spend more time with you. I miss you and it's obvious that our current arrangement isn't working, especially when we don't even talk about things like business trips to Atlanta," Justin said, looking away.

He didn't want to start yelling like an enraged housewife, but he wanted Brian to understand that it had hurt when he took off without so much as a phone call or text message.

"You're right, Sunshine. I shouldn't have left town without telling you. I didn't know until the night before that I was going to leave. I know that I acted like it wasn't that big of a deal, since you weren't expecting me here until this weekend, but I realize now that it was. I promise I won't do anything like that ever again, no matter how lucrative the contract is."

"Did you get the account?" Justin asked.

"Of course I did. I'm fucking brilliant."

After their talk, they both felt better about things.

Brian started moving his neck around, trying to loosen up the tension he had been feeling. He seemed to be over-exaggerating his movements and grunted a few times.

"Come over here, old man, and I'll give you a massage to help you relax," Justin said, smiling at his partner's blatant attempt to get some attention.

Brian was so happy to get a massage from his Sunshine that he didn't even fight the "old man" remark.

Justin situated himself into the corner of the hot tub and Brian sat between his legs. He started massaging Brian's neck and shoulders, eventually adding soft kisses along the tanned neck of his lover.

Brian was moaning in response to the loving ministrations of his sexy blond. He arched his back and pressed his ass back against Justin's crotch.

"Hey Sunshine, you're hard." Brian whispered.

"What do you expect, Brian? We haven't fucked in almost five days and your hot, naked ass is pressed against me."

Brian raised said ass up before reaching back and pulling Justin's cock between his cheeks. He then pressed back, rubbing his lover's hard cock around the rim of his hole. Soon Brian had worked the head of Justin's cock past the first ring of muscle. He pulled Justin's legs around his hips, impaling himself.

As Justin was engulfed by the tight heat of his lover's ass, they both stilled, letting Brian adjust to the fullness. They started rocking together slowly, letting the pleasure build gradually. After many minutes, Justin sped up and reached around to jerk on his lover's throbbing cock.

Brian twisted his head around and captured Justin's mouth, twirling their tongues together as they came. Justin wrapped his arms tightly around the older man, leaning his head on Brian's back as the two calmed their breathing, staying connected until Justin softened and slipped out.  

After they separated, Brian turned around so he was facing his lover. They were sitting there holding each other and making out when they heard whimpers coming from the baby monitor.

"You know what, Sunshine? I'm really beginning to like that kid of yours. He is very polite and his timing is perfect."  

Justin smiled. "What do you expect? He is the perfect little WASP, holding his evening poop until after Daddy gets his rocks off."

With that comment and a wiggle of his ass, which Brian slapped when he stood up, Justin got out of the hot tub. He put on his robe and went up to the nursery. Once the baby was in a clean diaper and back to sleep, Justin headed for the master suite.

Brian was sitting in an armchair waiting for him. He got up, took off his robe, and helped Justin out of his.

"It's always better to share a shower and conserve water, don't you think Sunshine?"

Justin smiled and followed him into the bathroom, knowing that they were about to start Round Two.

***************

Justin called Debbie the next day to check on when she would be retiring and when she wanted to start looking after Keegan.

"Shit, I can retire tomorrow if you want me to," Debbie said, thrilled over the thought of getting to take care of her newest grandchild.

They spoke about Keegan's schedule and what she would need at her house to take care of him. Brian and Justin decided that Tuesdays and Thursdays would be best for Justin to come into the office.

***************

Justin was putting the finishing touches on dinner when he revealed that Melanie would be flying into Pittsburgh on Monday. After Brian seemed okay with that, Justin then announced that she would be staying with them.

"We have plenty of room here," Justin said to his grumbling partner. "Where do you want to put her?"

"How about in the garage? Or better yet, the stables?" Brian replied, smirking. "She may get a little bit lonely, since we don't have any horses, but..."

"Be serious," Justin said with a laugh.

"Okay, fine. We can have the cleaning service get the pool house ready for her. That way I won't have to live in the same house with her, which should make things more pleasant for everyone. She'll have plenty of room to do her Zumba or whatever the fuck she does to keep herself looking like a twelve year-old boy. We really shouldn't even call it a ‘pool house' though, since it's actually a small, two-bedroom home that just happens to be near the pool. "

Justin looked at him with his Sunshine Smile. "That's perfect, Brian. I'll call the cleaning service first thing in the morning and also have some groceries delivered before I go to pick her up from the airport. Mel can shop for more stuff when she gets here."