- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay so it's hardly a surprise about one of the decisions, but I thought I would let our little pitbull plant the idea

CHAPTER 33 – PORTLAND PART THREE…DECISIONS & DISCOVERIES ON VALENTINE’S DAY

 

LINDZ

 

                “P-pardon?”

 

                “Crumble pie, it’s apple and pear pie with a crumble topping…do you want yours now or will you wait for later?”   Zee repeats

 

                “Oh I thought you said something else.  No, no thank you.  Um can you excuse me a minute.”

 

I find the bathroom and take heaving breaths, there’s a knocking at the door.

 

                “Lindz it’s me, are you okay?”  Mel calls out

 

I open the door and she steps inside.

 

                “What on earth was that all about?”  She asks.  “Here I brought you some water.”

 

                “Did you know?”  I demand.

 

                “About Zee, yes of course I knew, why?”

 

                “Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

                “What that she runs Stark Securities, it’s not a secret, admittedly they don’t bandy themselves about but it’s not a secret.”

 

I pace the bathroom.

 

                “She could throw us out still.”

 

                “Lindz, take a step back and listen to yourself, you are being irrational.  If Zee wanted…”

 

                “That was deliberate wasn’t it, calling herself Zee to trick me.”

 

Mel widens her eyes and puts up her hands.

 

                “No she’s always been Zee to everyone, the only time she’s Zaden is when she’s queening out much like you are right now.”

 

I stop and glower at her.

 

                “Okay well I’m going to the other bathroom and then head back, shall I tell them that you’ll be along in a minute?”

 

I nod and rest my head on the mirror when she’s gone.

 

KITCHEN

 

BRIAN

 

                “Crumble pie, really Zee, crumble pie?  But how did she not know?  That I don’t understand.”

 

                “Dad is Aunt Zee richer than you?”

 

                “Yep.”

 

Gus is looking at her in a new light and respect.

 

                “You never said a word, you just get on with things, helping us…”

 

                “What was there to say, we have the capacity to help so we help.  It’s not a big deal.”

 

                “Wow, um can I take this upstairs?”  He indicates the pudding.

 

                “Yeah of course, you okay Gus, it makes no difference, as the money comes from the same bank account nothing has changed.”  Faal explains gently.

 

                “Huh, oh it’s not that.  It’s just a text I got and I want to reply in private.”

 

                “Text, who from Sonny Boy, that person you talked about, have they made a decision?”

 

                “Dad!  Well, um yeah and yeah, well goodnight.”  He scurries out blushing.

 

                “Well if you’ll excuse us we’ll be going up too.”  Hunter pulls Matt up and drags him out quickly.

 

                “What’s their rush?”  Carl asks.

 

                “Edible body powder…that’s all I’m saying.”  Leda giggles

 

At that moment Lindsay decided to come back in, she glowers at Leda before snatching up her wine.

 

                “I’m glad you find my lack of knowledge amusing Leda!  At least I’m…”

 

                “Lindsay I wasn’t laughing at you I was laughing at the horniness of Hunter and Matt, the former discovered edible body powder on their shopping trip.”

 

                “Of course you were!  Now excuse me I have decided to retire to bed, I have a headache.  Can one of you let Mel know when she comes back?  Goodnight.”

 

She leaves as quickly as she arrived.

 

                “The sense of importance is strong in that one.”  Charles mutters.

 

Mel comes in with a goofy expression on her face.

 

                “What?”  Emmy Lou asks.

 

                “Well once I recovered from laughing at the queen out Lindz was having in the bathroom, where is she by the way, I decided to check on Jenny and Hank and they’re sleeping, holding hands.”

 

                “Ooh I have to see.”  Emmy Lou coos.

 

                “No, leave them alone.”  Mel is stern.

 

Emmy Lou pouts and remains in his seat for about 3 seconds before making a dash for the door, but he’s tackled by Drew and then carried back to the sofas.

 

                “Oh my God you lot are funny!”  Charles chuckles.

 

                “So um David, now you know who Zee is?”  Carls begins carefully.

 

                “Yes I do and I have apologised for my threat to her, though her riposte was masterful.”

 

                “Her and her brothers were very persuasive I should imagine.”  Carl replies.

 

                “Brothers?  No it was just Zee who threatened to wrap my balls round my throat and strangle me with them whilst they were still attached.”

 

We all look at her in awe.

 

                “What I reciprocated and I’ve already had a bollocking for it, so nobody else start.”

 

                “Bollocking oh God!”  Ted chuckles.

 

That sets the rest of us off.

 

                “Look we’ve got to be getting home now.  It’s been great, well mostly and…”

 

                “Wait before you go let’s toast the return of your licence at least!”  Carrie calls out.

 

                “Return of your licence?  You got it back, congratulations!”  Carl pats him on the shoulder

 

                “Where are you going to set up?”  Faal asks popping the champagne.  “Lig call a car for an hour from now yes?”

 

                “Sure.  David, Charles that good for you?”

 

                “Fine.  Thanks again.  For the time being in the centre of town.”

 

Faal pours the champagne and we toast his successful return to medicine. 

 

                “I think we need to wake the sleeping beauties so they can say goodbye before the car comes.”  Ben chuckles.  “I hope they had a good night.”

 

                “We did thanks papa.”  Jenny mumbles sleepily.  “Uncle Faal can you shut down the TV and stuff, I’m going to bed and yes we’ve said goodbye already.  Goodnight.”

 

                “Goodnight.”  We all call out.

 

Ten minutes later they are gone and Michael decides to grace us with his presence.

 

                “Well as clusterfucks go that was epic!  What the hell were you thinking Michael?”  Debs demands.

 

                “I thought…”

 

                “No you didn’t think?  You just acted out as usual, well now it’s come to bite you in the ass big time!”

 

                “Look I just want something to eat and then go back to bed.”

 

                “Here, have some fucking humble pie!”  Debs snaps and slams the bowl down.

 

GLASS QUBE – VALENTINE’S DAY

 

HUNTER & MATT’S ROOM

 

MATT

 

                “Happy Valentine’s Day.”

 

                “Happy Valentine’s Day to you too.” 

 

Hunter stretches out and grins. 

 

                “What plans do we have today?”  He asks.

 

                “Not sure but mom said we had to be down by 1000 for breakfast.”

 

                “What time is it now?”  He curls into my chest drawing circles with his fingers

 

                “Um half seven.”

 

                “Why the hell are we awake at half seven?”  He gripes.

 

I hand him a condom.

 

                “Oh good answer”

 

MEL & LINDZ’S ROOM

 

MEL

 

                “Morning Lindz how are…”

 

She’s sitting on the sofa opposite the window staring outside.

 

                “Morning Mel, I’m fine thanks.  You?” 

 

I sit up and head to the bathroom.

 

                “All good.  One minute need to brush my teeth and pee.”

 

After I do that I join her on the sofa hoping that rational Lindz is going to be speaking.

 

                “I’ve been thinking, about this party for Melody Reichmann, Emmy Lou and Zee are going to need my help.”

 

                “Uh-huh, why?”

 

                “Well Melody is a patron of the arts and will expect fine food and elegance, not the fayre they served for Sydney.  Don’t get me wrong it was lovely but…”

 

                “She wouldn’t have put down a deposit if she thought that fine food and elegance weren’t something they could do.  Lindz, please listen this is not your business this is theirs and trust me after New Year’s do you really want to tangle with Emmy Lou and catering again?”

 

I head to the bathroom for a shower and hope she listens, but have a feeling that she’s going to try and interfere again.

 

STORM ROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

Brian is sprawled across the bed, for once I’m out first. It looks like it’s going to be a bright Valentine’s Day and I really want to go back to the stream to paint it, though I don’t think I will take him up on the offer of him across the boulder, too cold, though I suppose I could take a picture and then paint from that. 

 

I pull the curtains back and look down into the garden, it’s huge and rambling, imperfect perfection and feel Brian come up behind me and wrap his arms round my waist.

 

                “It’s beautiful isn’t it?” 

 

I nod and snuggle back into his chest. 

 

                “We’ve got to try the maze before we go, apparently the first corner is a bitch and then it gets worse.  Faal says he’s never managed it but Zee’s done it, without help, and that’s pissed him off.”

 

                “Okay, I think she’s going to show us the grounds and round the house anyway after breakfast, we can do it after that.  Now how about a Valentine’s Day Shower?”

 

                “Oh yes, come on stud.”

 

KITCHEN

 

FAAL

 

                “Happy Valentine’s Day my lig.”

 

                “Happy Valentine’s Day you big lummox.” 

 

                “Lummox how is that nice?”  I nip her neck and she squeaks.

 

                “Come on, let’s get breakfast sorted out.”

 

Thirty minutes later almost everyone is down and Valentine’s Day Bellinis are being poured by Emmy Lou.  Michael is the last one to come in.

 

                “Morning, no Joshua and Carrie?”

 

                “Went to David and Charles, they are staying there till Tuesday.”  I tell him

 

                “I see.  Do you know what happened to the envelope I tore up last night?”

 

                “Charles took it with him.”  Debs replies sharply.

 

                “You tore it up dad?”  Jenny looks shocked.  “Didn’t you even read what he said?”

 

                “No, I didn’t.”

 

                “Well that’s just stupid but at least you got your money back.”

 

Michael doesn’t say a word.

 

                “So after breakfast what say we have a tour of the house and the grounds before you go about your day?  We don’t fly until six, so as long as you’re back from doing what you’re doing by five so we can pack then it’s all good.”

 

They all nod and soon enough we are walking round the house and the more we walk the more she chews on her lip, her mood is not improved by a call she takes.  The grounds get special praise especially the gardens and Storm and Cloud have fun running round it, but we don’t let them out to the outer grounds or we would never find them again.

 

We head back to the kitchen and have some more bubbles.

 

                “Okay what is it?”  I ask her

 

                “Huh.  Oh got a call from Uncle Luc, they’re getting a divorce and they won’t be back until Monday.”

 

                “Wait, how the hell are we supposed to get home if they’re not back until Monday?  Lydia and I are going to San Francisco at lunch time.  I know that you…”  Lindz begins to argue

 

                “The plane came back last night it’s at the airport.”  Zee replies distractedly.

 

                “And the other thing that’s bothering you?”  Carl prods gently.

 

                “I love the house, I love the grounds but…”

 

                “It’s too big.”  Brian supplies.

 

                “There’s only four of us, well six including Storm and Claude.  We could easily live on this floor alone”

 

                “Actually there’s only five of you including Storm and Claude.”  Lindz corrects sniffily.

 

                “She’s including Hunter.”  Ben smiles

 

                “So what you going to do with it?  And as a matter of interest why did you get it?”  Jennifer asks.

 

                “To piss off my dad.”  She replies with a smile.  “And his girlfriend.”

 

                “Is that why he said I told you so?  Because of Talon?”  Ted asks.

 

“Yes and she’s not the one and only she thinks she is.  And also, dad offered to buy it from him but Uncle Luc refused.”

 

                “So what are you going to do with it?”  Jennifer asks again

 

                “It would make a great wedding venue, especially the garden.  You could hold the reception in the entrance way, what with the chandeliers, so romantic…”  Jenny sighs grinning goofily.

 

                “That sounds great but who would want to get married here?”  Zee says searching in the fridge. 

 

                “Us?”  Brian says quietly.

 

                “What?”  Justin gasps.

 

                “It’s just an idea we need to find a venue and we could put this on the list of…mmmph!”

 

                “What are you serious?”  Mel gasps.  “Justin stop kissing for a minute and let him answer!”

 

A beaming and teary eyed Justin stops kissing an equally beaming Brian.

 

                “But what about Britin, why not get married there?”  Lindz asks.

 

                “Never an option, Britin is our home, I don’t want people tramping through it.”  Justin replies.

 

                “So a Portland wedding?”  Emmy Lou ventures

 

                “Subject to the approval of the homeowners…”  Brian looks from me to Zee

 

                “Uh I’m not sure.  What do you think papa bear, do you think we should allow these reprobates, final decision is with you, as patriarch of this little family.” I ask tongue in cheek hugging Zee.

 

                “I say yes.”

 

The cheers are deafening.

 

                “Hush everyone be quiet!”  Brian yells.  “Now this venue would not have been got if it wasn’t for one lady… so well done Jenny for making the suggestion!  So to Jenny!”

 

                “To Jenny.”

 

                “Right first things first.  All of you with camera phones with me!”  Emmy Lou orders.  “Take a good quality picture of your rooms and then…”

 

                “Wait uh Emmy Lou, why do they need to take a picture of that?”  I’m confused.

 

                “So Vince and Daph can pick the one they want to stay in, rooms need to be assigned now so that there’s no contretemping when we get back.” 

 

                “I love the Storm Room so would like to go back to that one.”  Brian

 

                “Oh.”  Justin pouts.

 

                “What’s wrong?”

 

                “Well I wanted that room.”

 

                “So we’ll be in it together.”

 

                “No!  You can see each other before on the wedding night its bad luck!”  Jenny cries out.  “You have to find another room.”

 

                “What about the corner suites, they can have one each and then the Storm room for the wedding night?”  I’m starting to get excited about this.

 

                “Corner suites?”  Brian and Justin say together.

 

                “Yeah, come on let’s show you, and to make sure you stay there, your wedding party people can stay in there with you, there’s room enough.”  I tell them

 

We head up to the ‘3rd floor’, which is really just behind the 3rd floor and overhangs on two corners and two floors.

 

                “I wondered where these steps led to.  Christ Zee, you have to use this place as a wedding or party venue.”  Jennifer states looking out across the front garden.

 

                “So the other one is exactly the same except it has different colour scheme.  They’ve been together over 35 years and did these for when they got too much for each other, I don’t think they have ever used them.”  Zee grins

 

                “Well Sunshine, which one do you want?”  Brian asks

 

                “This one.”  He goes on tiptoes to kiss him.

 

Emmy Lou is sniffling in Drew’s arms.

 

                “Emmy Lou what’s wrong now?”  I ask.

 

                “Just so happy.”

 

                “Okay enough about weddings, its 1130 now, go enjoy your Valentine’s Day.  I’ve set up some tables in the maze if you fancy eating in there, don’t ask Faal to show you…ouch no pinching...”

 

                “No gloating.”

 

                “Let’s finish the bubbles as that would be just plain bad manners not to, then the wedding planner and grooms speak to Daph, whilst everyone else does their own thing.  Now chop-chop!” 

 

Emmy Lou orders and we follow him down before he pulls Brian and Justin in to the lounge and shuts the door.

 

KITCHEN

 

LEDA

 

                “Well I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve found my love and I shall be working her over until later.”

 

                “Well Mel, Michael and I will be having a nice lunch, not sure what to cook though...and then maybe a walk round the grounds again.”  Lindz says rifling round the cupboards.

 

                “You, me and Michael?”  Mel repeats

 

                “Yes, he’s on his own and we’re friends…”

 

                “But this is Valentine’s Day…”  Mel points out

 

Everyone suddenly finds something else to do.

 

                “I know but like I said he’s on his own and…”

 

                “He had no problem sulking upstairs all night so why can’t he last another 5 hours.”

 

                “Come on Mel that’s hardly his fault.”

 

                “Hardly…no you know what, if you want to spend today with Michael then go ahead.  Enjoy yourselves.”

 

                “Mom, you can have a pampering day with me if you like, oh and you too Aunt Leda, you don’t do much girlie things.”

 

                “I’m not much of a girlie girl sweetheart but thanks for the offer.”

 

                “So what love did you find?”  Carl asks.

 

                “Rolls Royce Wraith 1939, Luc asked me to have a look at it, seems there’s something up with the oil pan.”

 

                “Don’t even think about it Carl!  It’s Valentine’s Day and the only tinkering you’re going to be doing is with me!”

 

                “Mother have some decorum!”  Michael snaps

 

                “I’ll have decorum when you have fucking common sense!”  Debs snaps back.

 

                “Uh Aunt Leda, can I help you?”  Gus asks me.

 

                “Sure come on.  Well I’ve got my date, shall we meet for lunch, say at three ladies?”

 

                “Indeed.”  They giggle and go upstairs.

 

                “Jenny would you mind taking Storm and Claude with you?”  Faal calls out.

 

She comes back in scoops them up with a grin.

 

                “Faal what are you guys going to…”

 

                “Oh don’t you know Leda, they don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day because…”

 

                “No we don’t celebrate during the day, we do celebrate at night, but since you guys are using our kitchen we’re going into town, then lunch at Yard House, David recommended it and anywhere that has duck wings, crab cakes, lobster and ahi tuna is good for me.” 

 

Zee grins at me, that girl and food!

 

                “Oh where’s this?”  Justin’s eyes light up.

 

                “Yard House, we’re going into town eating for 2pm after a wander, want to come with?”  Faal asks

 

                “I heard crab cakes, so give us 10 minutes.”  Brian tells him tugging Justin out.

 

                “So much for your romantic stroll into town Zee.”  Lindz smirks

 

                “Unlike Mel I don’t mind the extra company.”  She smirks back

 

PORTLAND CITY CENTRE

 

BRIAN

 

                “This is a nice city, I can’t understand why Michael couldn’t make it work here.”

 

                “You weren’t here.”  Justin remarks.

 

I shrug and pull him closer to me.

 

                “I think this is the shop that Hunter found.”  Zee points out.  “How that boy got served I will never know, he still looks about 13.”

 

We walk along in companionable silence, until Justin’s stomach makes it presence heard.

 

                “Yard House?”

 

                “Yep.”

 

YARD HOUSE

 

                “Okay who’s having what?”  Faal asks.  “Lig what’s the matter?”

 

                “I knew we were staying in for a reason, food for the flight tonight.  Fuck!”  She growls.

 

                “Wait a minute.  You’ve brought us here, we’ve had a great time, well some of us, let me call Carl or Debs first.”  I tell her.  “Carl its Brian, look we need food for the flight home, can you get everyone to cook an extra dish and by everyone I mean don’t let Emmy Lou do it by himself.  Great thanks papa bear.”

 

She sits back in relief and we start to check out the menu.

 

                “Everything looks great, I don’t know what to choose, healthy or unhealthy?”   Faal grins.

 

                “Unhealthy between Zee, Storm and Claude you can work that off!”  I smirk.

 

Faal kicks me under the table but he’s grinning like a Cheshire cat!

 

QUBE HOUSE

 

HUNTER

 

Matt has insisted that I do nothing today, we exchanged presents, he got me a Gucci shirt and belt, but I’m not allowed to wear it until I go to Japan and I got him a watch, dad helped me pick it out. 

 

I was pretty choked up when Zee said there’s only four of us and dad said she’s including me.  I love her and Faal to bits.  But she’s right about this place it is huge but the wedding is going to be epic, the expression on Michael’s face, he looked like he thought he was going to fart and instead shit his pants!

 

Wonder what’s in here?  The Gallery Room…Christ it’s dark in here, now that’s better some…holy fuck!  I need to speak to Lindsay and start to run back to the kitchen.

 

                “Matt have you seen Lindsay?”

 

                “She’s in the lounge why?”

 

                “Thanks!”

 

LOUNGE

 

                “Lindsay do you have a minute, I need to…”

 

                “No Hunter I don’t have a minute, I have to help plan Melody’s party, so I need to call in some contacts make notes etc.”

 

                “Lindsay, seriously can you just come…”

 

                “No Hunter, I’ve got other things to do, now if you don’t mind.”

 

She glowers at me and then Michael comes in.

 

                “Everything alright Lindz, he’s not disturbing you is he?  How’s the party planning going?”

 

                “No he’s not and I’ve just started my notes for Emmy Lou, he’ll be thrilled.”

 

I turn and head back to the Gallery Room and after staring at them for a while call Justin.

 

                “Hunter what is it?  We’re still eating…”

 

                “Can you FaceTime with me?”

 

                “What, why would I want to FaceTime with you?”

 

                “Please Justin I need to show you something!”

 

                “Okay but make it quick.  My burger is almost here!”

 

I switch to FaceTime and show him the room. 

 

                “Hunter, Hunter, go back to your left, no your other left!”  Justin is yelling.  “Holy fuck!  Sorry everyone, we’re coming back right now!  Don’t move from that room, do not let anyone in!”

 

FAAL

 

                “Justin is everything okay?  Is there a problem with the house?” 

 

                “No, nothing but something wonderful is in the house!  How far is the car?”

 

                “It’s round the corner.”

 

                “Come on, we need to get back!  Excuse me, Shondra can we make this a delivery order?  Great, give her the address Faal and let’s go!”

 

I have never seen Justin so excited, well with his clothes on, as we run back to the car.  We’re back at the house in 20 minutes. 

 

                “Where are you Hunter?”  Justin shouts into his phone.  “Gallery room, Zee where’s that?”

 

                “Oh down there to the left, what’s going on seriously you’re starting to worry me!” 

 

GALLERY ROOM

 

HUNTER

 

I can’t believe I’m standing here looking at them.

 

                “Hunter, its Justin, open up!”

 

I’m shaking so much I can hardly open the door, he burst through followed by Brian, Faal and Zee, who look confused and worried.

 

                “Justin, is that a Kirkidan?”  Brian breathes.  “And that one, that one and that one?”

 

Justin just nods.

 

                “Hunter call Lydia, call her now!”  Brian barks.

 

LYDIA

 

Why the hell is Hunter calling me, actually he’s not calling me he’s FaceTiming me, poor urchin has misdialled.

 

                “Hunter, you’ve called the wrong person sweetie, this is Lydia and…”

 

                “Lydia I called the right person, look!”

 

He “turns me round” and shows me the room he’s in and there’s a crash as I drop my glass.

 

                “The Kirkidan Series, where the fuck are you?!”  I scream.

 

                “Portland with the family.   At Zee’s Uncle Lucian’s and…”

 

                “Let me speak to Zee.”  I demand.

 

                “I’m right here, can everyone tell me what’s happening.”

 

                “Zee.  Is your Uncle by any chance Lucian Charles Stark?”  I ask.

 

                “Yep he is and…”

 

                “Oh my God the Kirkidan Series!”  Lindz squeals.

 

                “Will everyone stop saying the Kirkidan Series and tell me what the fuck they are apart from paintings!”  Faal bellows.

 

                “Francois Gunwale Kirkidan was a French painter, a black impressionist painter, obviously of the time his works weren’t really appreciated, but there are small paintings in France, Italy and London and slowly his works have become better known, there were pictures of the series, Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter, but nobody has ever seen the real thing, until now.”

 

                “Lydia?  Lydia is that you?  Where are you?”  Lindz is looking round.

 

                “In Hunter’s hand.  He just called me to show me them.”

 

                “You called Lydia…”  Lindsay is glowering at me

 

                “I tried to ask you but you were busy party planning, so I called Justin and when they got back Brian said to call Lydia.”  Hunter argues back

 

                “Right, here’s what’s going to happen.  Zee, would it be possible that you could put me in touch with your Uncle with regards to Bloom hanging these paintings.  I will make my way to Portland on the first flight I can get.  Lindsay you are going to San Francisco on your own, I’m sure you can handle it and…”

 

                “Lydia, you don’t need to speak to my Uncle, in his obvious excitement Hunter made a mistake, I own the paintings as I inherited them so there is no need for you to high tail it to Portland, we can just bring them on the plane…”

 

                “No!”  Hunter and I scream

 

                “Will you two stop fucking screaming!”  Brian yells.  “What we will do is this.  Justin and I will stay in Portland, Ted, you and Cynthia can handle the next week right.  Lydia you come up as you said and do the artsy thing of packaging them up after they are authenticated but judging by Justin’s reaction and expression they are the real deal and...”

 

                “Brian I can authenticate them.  I have some experience.”  Lindsay cuts in

 

                “Sorry Lindsay, you don’t have enough experience for this one. I’ll be there as soon as I can just need to book flights and a hotel.”

 

                “No need for a hotel you can stay here, we’ve got plenty of room.”  Zee chuckles.

 

                “Great, Hunter well done my darling urchin.  Zee is there a key to this room?  Good.  Now lock it and close those damn curtains!”

 

LOUNGE

 

ZEE

 

                “What is it with you and finding lost paintings Hunter?” 

 

I ask him after handing him a brandy after a nod from Ben after we explained to the rest of them what happened.

 

                “Will he get a finders’ fee like last time?”  Jenny asks

 

                “Surely not.”  Lindz gasps.

 

                “Why not it standard practice isn’t it?”  Brian asks

 

                “Yes but he didn’t find them.”  She blusters.

 

                “Of course he did momma, nobody has seen them and Hunter found them in the gallery room so he should get a finder’s fee.”  Jenny decrees.

 

                “But that would be…”

 

                “If authenticated it would be about $27,000.”  Justin advises

 

                “How much?”  Michael yells.

 

                “About $27,000, which the gallery would pay.”  Justin repeats.  “You’re college fund is going to be very healthy.”

 

 

Hunter slides to the floor in a dead faint.

Chapter End Notes:

The next chapter is all about San Francisco...

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thank you xx