- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This take goes up to the Kirkidan/Lucian Stark Showing, which needs it own chapter.  

And to BlueMyst, I swear I typed this before I read your review!

CHAPTER 37 – MORE ASS KICKING – HOW ARE THEY EVER GOING TO SIT DOWN AGAIN

 

BRIAN

 

Zee seems to visibly relax knowing that Lindz is officially in her crosshairs.  But Faal seems to be getting more and more tense.

 

                “I want the bottles back.  Are they intact or di-did you just smash them up for recycling?”  He snaps

 

                “Faal, honey, what’s going on?”  Jennifer asks.  “What are you talking about?”

 

                “Do you know why they’re so priceless?  My dad sends us over a bottle every year to honour our blessing, my late grandfather selected the wine for that.  He was a diehard South African lived through the apartheid era was politically ambivalent.  Or so I thought, until I watched him cry when Mandela was released.  Heard he queued at a shanty town polling station when everyone in South Africa could vote and most importantly just said welcome to the family when he first met them.  I want the bottles back!”

 

                “Are the bottles still there Michael?”  Carl demands

 

                “Yes they are, look this isn’t my fault…”  He complains

 

                “Okay let’s go both of you, you coming Daph?  I’ll explain on the way.”  Vince tells her

 

She nods and grabs her coat, then looks back at a still seated Lindz and Michael.

 

                “Go and get whatever it is you need to get!”  Debs snarls and they immediately get up.

 

SHADYSIDE

 

DAPH

 

                “Nice, how can you afford this?  The things I would do to this place.” 

 

I look round, it really is nicely laid out if old-fashioned in décor, if it had some serious coin spent on it, it would look really good, had the front yard spruced up and everything.

 

I saw Lindsay roll her eyes at my comment but hold my tongue for now.

 

                “I rent it from Lindz’s parents.”  Michael answers a little too smugly for my liking

 

                “I thought you didn’t see Jenny or Gus that much?”  Vince asks peering at the display cases.

 

                “I see them when I can why?”  Michael calls out from the kitchen where he’s taking out the bottles.

 

                “The toys.  Do you lock them back up every time she finishes playing with them?  It doesn’t strike me as something she would be interested in though.  And you don’t strike me as a neat freak.  Oh I would suggest soaking those glasses or you’re going to have a mark.”

 

                “Those are not toys, they are collectibles completely different.”  Michael bristles.

 

                “So they’re toys when they are played with and collectibles when they’re not?”  Vince asks.

 

                “You wouldn’t understand.”  He replies testily.

 

                “I wouldn’t have them at your age either, they would be sold and the money invested in government bonds.  Have you got them all?”  He asks flicking me a wink.

 

                “Yes all of them, I just need to give them a quick rinse though.”

 

                “No!  Did you get the corks too?  When you’ve done that, just wipe them down, you two have done enough damage.  Come on hurry up I want to get back for pudding.  Lindsay this will go a lot quicker if you help him.” 

 

                “Excuse me Daphne but this is my house and you don’t get to order us about!”

 

                “Fine.  I’ll just empty the bin onto the floor and then I’ll look for the corks and then we’ll take them back with us and you can stay here, both of you.”  I tell him holding my hand out for the bin.

 

DEB & CARL’S

 

JENNIFER

 

I can’t believe she did that or that she didn’t know, everyone checks the wine label when they pour. 

 

                “Mel where’s the rest of the wine?” 

 

                “In the basement but Jenny is going to move them to somewhere else and text them with it.”

 

                “No, Tucker can you drive Jenny to the Brownstone and pick up the wine, you can use the packaging from the cushion to take them home.”

 

Faal smiles a watery smile.  He’s just come back down after he got a bit overwhelmed, nobody said a word when he walked upstairs, but Carl and Brian did go and talk to him.  Zee is an oasis of calm…which is worrying.

 

Twenty minutes later everyone is back.  Daphne smiles at Faal.

 

                “Got them all, they are a bit sticky but we got them all.”

 

He beams at her and takes the bag from her, cradling them gently.  I want to poke Michael’s eyes down his throat when he rolls them.

 

                “Right, so Lindsay and Michael you need to replace those years.  Faal can you give them a contact or can they get the wine here now?” 

 

Faal and Zee look surprised by Carl’s brusque tone.

 

                “They can but…”

 

                “Good then that’s what they will do by the end of the week and we can put this unpleasant act of selfishness behind us.  Actually, after dinner you will sort that out.”  He decrees firmly.

 

                “Fine it’s the least we can do.  Once again Faal I’m truly sorry and Zee you too.”  Lindsay demurs

 

                “What about the labels they won’t be the same?”  Jenny points out.  “Aunt Daph why did you bring the corks back?”

 

                “Well I wasn’t sure if they were special corks as well.”  She smiles at her.  “It’s a shame we couldn’t find the foil round the top but they found the corks eventually.  So the labels?”

 

I can see Vince not looking at Daph, it would seem she got her claws out…and had them sifting through garbage!

 

                “Yeah can we soak them off and put them on the new bottles?”  Jenny suggests

 

                “Not really sweetheart…”  Debs tells her.  “We might tear them getting them off.”

 

                “Wait let me see them.”  Justin comes over and after a few minutes.  “Brian can I borrow your phone, yours has a better camera.”

 

                “What are you thinking?”  He hands him the phone. 

 

                “We could get the art department to replicate them maybe?” 

 

                “Ah that’s a great idea. Wait it has a scan app, that’s even better.”

 

                “Your phone has a scan feature?  Can you download it to mine please?”

 

                “Of course.  Now get on with it my little genius.”

 

BEN

 

Hunter has been talking to Zee about her Uncle Luc he still can’t believe he’s who he is.  He’s been making notes as he wants to do a history of him for the booklet and he’s been on the phone to Lydia to the point she called me and told me to take his phone away and Matt said something about pants I didn’t quite get.

 

                “Ben, Steve, I have a question for you from a vegetarian point of view.  Butternut squash, kale, caramelised onions and feta pies and herb, green olive and buttermilk corn breads?  Would they be a good choice?”

 

                “For the wedding?  I’m not sure, they would be…”  Steve begins diplomatically.

 

                “Oh not the wedding as canapés, we could slice the corn bread and serve with a relish.”

 

                “Oh I see, yeah they would be great.  When are these for again?”  He asks somewhat relieved.

 

We’re now all in the lounge eating apple turnovers with sweetened cream.  Amazingly enough the furballs, as the family have taken to calling them, have bonded and are happily sharing bowls of cream.

 

                “Well the showing of course, we’re doing the catering.  Then that’s the last we’re doing until after the wedding as that is our primary concern.”

 

                “But what about Melody Reichmann’s husband’s party.”  Lindsay asks.

 

I see Mel roll her eyes.

 

                “What about it?  That’s not until the weekend after the wedding now.”  Ems replies calmly

 

                “But you need to be focused on that too.  Melody Reichmann is…”

 

                “Someone who has faith in us.  Don’t you?”  Ems cuts her off.

 

                “Of course I do Emmy Lou, it’s just with the wedding before and then the party afterwards, you might be taking on too much and we…”

 

                “We?  Why is there a ‘we’ in your sentence?”  He looks at her sharply.

 

                “I mean we as a family want to ensure that you don’t stretch yourself too thinly.”

 

                “Lindz you do realise we got this party as a result of fixing up a meal for 300 people in the Clayton in a week with a reception?  Melody is more than aware of our timeframe.” 

 

She smiles somewhat condescendingly at him.

 

                “Of course, of course, but if there is anything I can do to help.”

 

                “I will of course have you on speed dial to fly to my rescue.  Oh now Miss Scarlett a lady does not stick her entire face in the bowl of cream, come here you little devil.”

 

                “Oh Debs can you give me the recipe for the panzanella?”  Alice asks earning a grin from Brian.

 

                “Gus can you set up the laptop so the wine can be ordered?”  Carl instructs.

 

He heads to the island and calls Michael and Lindsay over, there is a gasp of surprise and a cry of ‘each’ before they come back, Gus having never left their side.

 

Hunter yawns hugely.

 

                “Dad can I have my phone…okay can you give Matt my phone, I want to go home and have a proper nap.”

 

                “You okay sweetheart?”  Debs is immediately concerned.  “Why not go upstairs?” 

 

                “The bed’s too short…”  Hunter begins

 

                “And Matt doesn’t like it, finds it creepy laying in it.”  Gus snorts.

 

                “Creepy what’s creepy about laying on my bed?”  Michael demands.

 

                “The laying on your bed part.  We’re going back to the Brownstone and…”

 

                “I would’ve thought you would go to the loft.”  Lindz says stiffly.

 

                “Nope besides I want a nice hot bath and to use some Aromatherapy Associates.  So see you later.”

 

                “Wait if you have bags then I can drop you off, that’s okay Mr K?”  Vince asks.

 

I can see Hunter wanting to argue but then Matt nudges him and whispers something in his ear.

 

                “Okay thanks Brian, Vince, well see you guys uh where are we next weekend?”

 

                “Oh thanks for reminding me!  Now that we have three places to entertain, I think we should all stay at our own homes once a month?  So it’s Britin next weekend and home for all the following.  Are we invited to the showing?”

 

                “Of course.”  Zee replies

 

Everyone but Michael and Lindz look happy about this I notice.

 

                “The Queen has decreed so make it so.”  Tucker chuckles.

 

                “Why not the Treehouse for next week?”  Michael asks.

 

                “You of all people should remember Portland last weekend, which was the ‘Treehouse’ but just in a different state.”  Blake smiles at him.

 

Michael glowers at him but says nothing.

 

                “Triple yes!  Actually, if you guys are going home can me and Gus go too?  We’ve not seen Hunter for a week and would like to catch up properly.”  Jenny looks round.

 

                “Sure baby, see you later.”  Mel waves them off.

 

                “Uh Zee, I would like to discuss our tenancy agreement with you.”  Lindz turns to her.

 

This gets everyone’s attention.

 

                “Sure, let’s go…”

 

                “No, I’m happy to discuss it here.”  Lindz smiles a smile that doesn’t reach her eyes.  “Well it’s the overnight clause I have concerns with especially under these circumstances when relationships are being re-established I do think that it can be removed?”

 

                “Overnight clause?”  Zee queries.

 

                “Yes the clause that says Michael can’t stay at the Brownstone overnight.”

 

                “Oh that.  Faal insisted on it.”  She replies.

 

                “Uh Faal, but I thought it was your Brownstone?”  Lindz stammers

 

                “Yeah it is, but Faal’s my husband and he said that he didn’t want Michael overnighting as he might not leave.  And I want to please my husband always, so I agreed to it.  But if you want to sleep under the same roof as Michael why not do what you did yesterday and go to his place?”  She replies.

 

                “Coffee anybody?”  I call out heading for the kitchen where I am soon joined by Mel who is smirking.

 

                “She’s just unrelenting in her delusions of hauteur isn’t she?”

 

                “Yep and it’s so much fun to watch it be kicked into touch.”  She whisper-snickers

 

                “Need help?”  Leda asks.

 

                “No we’re good.  What’s this I heard about your bike?”  Mel asks.

 

                “Ah I need to work out the problem and maybe need some parts.  Don’t worry I’ll fix it.”

 

                “Mel’s bike is in storage maybe you can harvest some from there…”  Lindz’s smile is vicious.

 

                “You don’t use it, girl what’s the matter with you!  That’s it tomorrow we are digging it out and taking it to Carl’s lock up and see what we can do for both, what do you say?”

 

Mel’s initial look of fury is replaced by a smile, she turns to Lindz.

 

                “That’s great, Carl has a loader we can grab them say for 0900.  You don’t mind do you Lindz, after all it was your idea?”

 

                “No, no that’s absolutely fine, you have fun.”

 

                “Oh we will and maybe bring Jenny along?  Carl!”  Leda calls out dragging Mel behind her.

 

DEBS

 

Michael looks like he’s sucking on a lemon, part of me feels sorry for him because he didn’t bring the wine but everyone checks what they are drinking no matter what and those labels are clear.

 

                “So Michael this man you met, tell me about him?”

 

For the first time since he got here earlier he smiles.

 

                “I don’t want to jinx it but he’s a nice guy, into the same things as me, comic books, superheroes and a great kisser.  I’m going to call him later to arrange a date.”

 

                “Nice.  So what’s his name?”  I ask.

 

                “Like I said mom I don’t want to jinx it so until our second date…”

 

                “Second date, when was your first?”  Mel asks.

 

                “Okay it wasn’t a date as such but he came back with us and we had wi…something to drink before he left.”

 

                “Trust me Michael, that not a date not even ‘as such’; that was a hook-up.”  Ted chuckles

 

                “Well since Lindsay was there we didn’t hook-up Ted but at least I got his number.” 

 

He replies smugly and pulls a scrunched up napkin out of his pocket.

 

                “Actually I might call him now whilst I think of it.”

 

He heads outside to make the call and is back within a few minutes.

 

                “Well?” 

 

                “I’ve left a message.  He’ll call me back.”

 

SUNDAY – LATE AFTERNOON

 

BROWNSTONE

 

LINDZ

 

I have spent most the day alone, well as alone as you can be with two horny young males upstairs going at it like stags in a rut.  Gus and Jenny joined Mel and Leda in the grease monkey thing, I was invited again but I declined, I have no desire to mix with engines.  I have a sudden thought and call Michael.

 

                “Hey Michael, it’s me.  How are you did you call him?  Great!  So when are you meeting up?  What do you mean you’re not…?”

 

Ten minutes later, I sit there and stare at my phone for a few minutes before I start to laugh and it’s not long before I have tears streaming down my face and my sides are aching.  When I finally get myself together I’m being stared at by four pairs of confused eyes.  Seems our grease monkeys are back.

 

                “What’s so funny mom?”  Gus asks.

 

                “Oh nothing, just something your Uncle Michael told me.  How was your engine day, it’s a shame Faal wasn’t there, he’s into that kind of thing.” 

 

                “Oh he was, he bought his Spyder, and he Ben and Carl fixed it no problem.”  Leda tells me.  “Look babe I’ve got to go, it was a great day.  You two monkeys take care.”  She grins at us and leaves.

 

                “Babe?”  I look at Mel. 

 

                “Don’t read anything into that, have we got newspaper, I don’t want to mark the floor.”

 

Part of me wants to say no but I get up and some so they can take their shoes off.

 

                “Right you two into the shower, have you done anything for us to eat or are we getting another take-out?”  Mel asks.

 

                “I’ve taken out a chicken waiting for it to defrost.”  I reply primly.

 

                “Take out it is then.”  She remarks heading upstairs.

 

JENNY’S ROOM

 

JENNY

 

Okay, how I managed to keep a straight face I don’t know.  When I saw momma on the phone I had to wait to see, as she was so worked up.  But this was even better.  I can’t believe it, I just can’t believe it!  My dad got so drunk that he ended up snogging a butch lesbian and taking her home.

 

TUESDAY MORNING

 

RED CAPE COMICS

 

LUCAS

 

                “Yes Uncle Brett, everything is in place for tomorrow.  Will you stop worrying and just get on the plane already!”

 

                “S-so your uncle is still coming then?”  Stuart stammers after I hang up.

 

I like Stuart, his slightly obvious crush on my uncle is quite sweet. 

 

                “Why wouldn’t he be?  Oh he’s invited us to dinner tonight.”

 

                “Tonight!” 

 

His voice is so high I think bats could hear him.

 

                “Yeah, with Brian and Justin at their house.  Straight from work that’s okay right?”

 

He just nods and then sits down with his head between his legs muttering.

 

                “Dinner with Brett Keller and Justin Taylor…its official I died in my sleep last night.”

 

KINNETIC ART DEPARTMENT

 

BRIAN

 

                “So are they doable?”  I hand Christina the scanned pictures of the labels.

 

                “Oh sure no problem when do you need them by?”

 

                “This afternoon.  And I need them to be posted this address.” 

 

I head back to my office where Justin is sleeping on the couch, he made the mistake of coming in just after I got a verbal agreement on a meeting with Madison Green so I rimmed him for 20 minutes.  I gently shake him awake.

 

                “No, leave my ass alone.”  He grumbles

 

                “You don’t mean that baby.”  I lift his head up and slide underneath him.

 

                “Okay so I don’t.  But from now on I’m checking with people what pitches you are going for so I can prepare myself…no I don’t mean that!”  He chuckles.

 

                “What did you come here for anyway?”  I run my fingers through his hair.

 

                “Hmm, oh you know the dinner tonight Brett has invited his nephew and Stuart, I was thinking that maybe…”

 

                “Uh huh, I’m sure Ted and Blake can make it too.”

 

                “Good.” 

 

Soon his breathing has evened out and he’s asleep again, I inch my way out from underneath him and go and see Ted.

 

PETERSON RESIDENCE – MID AFTERNOON

 

NANCY

 

                “Well Lindsay what a surprise, what are you doing here?”

 

                “Thought I would come visit my parents, is that a problem?”

 

“No of course not darling, look why don’t you come with me to tea with Bernadine Williamson?” 

 

                “Oh okay, I haven’t seen her for ages, so what’s new with you?”

 

                “Our property portfolio is growing and growing.”

 

We drive to the club and are quickly seated.  Bernadine is old school WASP.  She’s moneyed has great connections but is a bit loose tongued. 

 

                “Nancy and Lynette how lovely to see you both.”  She coos.

 

                “Uh it’s Lyndsay, Bernadine.”  She corrects swiftly.

 

                “Oh that’s right, the bisexual or are you still a lesbian?  I believe you were slightly undecided before you went to Toronto?  So how have you both been?”

 

I stop Lyndsay with a look and a tight smile.

 

                “Fine, how’s things with you, any news on the property front?” 

 

I ask, I have been trying to get her property in Squirrel Hill but she refused to sell it to me.

 

                “Oh yes I sold Squirrel Hill to a private buyer a week or so ago, cash.”  She smiles at me

 

                “Oh that’s great for you?  Who bought it if you don’t mind me asking?”  I smile back

 

                “Now, now Nancy you know I can’t tell you that.  But I hear that you’ve sold Shadyside now is that true?  And with a sitting tenant in it no less, how did the buyer feel about that.”

 

Dammit I had wanted to tell Lyndsay about that privately. 

 

                “They were fine about it, the sale doesn’t complete for another month or two as the buyer is out of the country.”

 

                “Mother, you never told me about this.”  Lindsay’s tone is sharp

 

                “There’s nothing to tell, the new buyer doesn’t mind about the sitting tenant, in fact they are delighted that they have someone who is already reliable for the rent.” 

 

                “Oh did you get yours Nancy?”

 

                “My…what my dear.”

 

                “Invite for the Melody Reichmann party, I can’t wait to go.”

 

                “Oh yes, I did, but we will be supervising the renovation of our new apartment block in McCandless so we had to decline.  It’s a shame really, as it seems like it is going to be a magnificent!”

 

                “And it is being held in New York!  At the MoMA of all places, she does have influence that lady.  Have you already sent your decline or have you sent your substitute name.”

 

                “Substitute name?”  Lindsay perks up.

 

                “Yes, seems that Franklin Reichmann is all about generosity, at first she wanted to have it in Portland but he said that since they were the only ones that lived there it was unfair so told her to pick either Colorado, Chicago or New York…well that was a no brainer.  As for the substitute well as long as they are a family member they can come in your stead.”

 

                “Really?”  Lyndsay turns to me and smiles.

 

We finish the rest of our tea with general chit chat before heading back home.

 

                “So Lyndsay about the Shadyside place, can you let your friend know about the change in landlord?”

 

                “Yes, yes of course mother, now the Reichmann party, I can represent the Peterson Family in your stead if you wish.”

 

                “Oh, okay, sure here you go.  You need to RSVP within the next few days!” 

 

I call out to her as she virtually runs out of the door.

 

                “I will mother, don’t worry I will!”

 

I shake my head and close the door after her.

 

BROWNSTONE

 

LINDZ

 

I dash home and revel in the silence before looking down again at the precious invite.  I can’t believe it, I’m going to the Reichmann Party and it’s in New York, it will be a tough sell getting Mel to go there twice but she’s not actually paying for her first trip and besides this is a supreme networking opportunity for me.

 

With shaking hands I check the RSVP details and email my acceptance and 20 minutes later I get an acknowledgement email listing all the details of the party, the dress code…black tie naturally, the location, the charitable donations instead of presents everything.

 

I put that in my diary and then start to surf for tuxedos and beautiful shoes.  I’m so excited.

 

BRITIN – LATE EVENING

 

KITCHEN

 

BRIAN

 

                “So Brett beer or wine?”

 

                “Wine, beer makes me bloat out.”  He grins at me.

 

                “And we couldn’t have that could we?” 

 

Justin chuckles as he comes in followed by Blake, Ted, Lucas and a blushing Stuart…who I’m on strict instructions not to tease tonight, especially if I want to get into my place of heaven for the rest of this week.

 

We talk about the event at the GLC, I get glared at for rolling my eyes at the mention of that place, and how he’s going to talk about the film process, show a perspective of his works and then head to Red Cape for a masterclass on directing, originally they were going to do that the other way round but his lawyers wanted a more contained environment for that. 

 

SHADYSIDE – WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

 

MICHAEL

 

Okay now I have got over that trauma of Popperz I can face the world again, I can’t believe I got so drunk that I had my tongue down a woman’s throat!  How could we not tell?! 

 

Anyway, I’ve got the Brett Keller event later, so I’m looking forward to that.  Everything is perfect and there is no way I’m not getting in!

 

JENNIFER TAYLOR REALTORS

 

JENNIFER

 

                “Hi Nancy, how are you?  I’m very well thank you.  Ah yes I had heard about Squirrel Hill, a cash buyer well I didn’t know that.  Well I can ask around discreetly but since it’s a cash buyer then I doubt I will get much information on that.  Okay Nancy goodbye then.”

 

I poke my tongue out at the phone and think you nosy old bitchy crow!  I’ve got the escrow money for the place in Sewickley and that should complete soon.

 

Then I smile as I know she’s been after Squirrel Hill for months and it must kill her to know that it’s gone.

 

GLC – EARLY EVENING

 

STUART

 

Everything is set and we are going to open the doors in the next 15 minutes.  Justin and Brett are going over their notes and I’m just checking the attendees list for here and Red Cape.  Okay that’s odd, oh he’s got to be kidding me!  Seriously nobody is that stupid!

 

I head to Lucas and show him the list and he shakes his head. 

 

                “How exactly is he hoping to get away with this?”  I mutter to myself as I go to open the doors.  “Oh that would be how”

 

I sigh and take in the sight of a good majority of the queue dressed as their favourite Brett Keller or comic book character…he should be easy enough to spot…ah bingo! 

 

MICHAEL

 

                “This is so exciting!”  Phil shouts giving me a one armed hug

 

                “Yeah it’s great!  Can’t wait to see him again.”

 

                “Again, you mean you’ve met Brett Keller?  I didn’t know that!  He gasps.

 

                “Yeah when I was the writer of the Rage comic so when they were doing the movie I was going to be credited…”

 

Phil is looking at me funny and his mouth is going but no sound is coming out.

 

                “Phil are you okay?  Phil?”

 

He is pointing behind me and thinking the worst I turn and see Brett Keller behind me.

 

                “Brett!”  I squeak before clearing my throat.  “How have you been?”

 

                “Michael?  Michael Novotny is it you under there?”  He calls out.

 

I quickly look around for Arnold or anyone else but there’s no one.

 

                “Yes, I’m here with my friend Phil, Phil this is Brett Keller, Brett this is Phil.”  Phil just nods.

 

                “Come on walk with me, uh Phil, he’ll be a little while.”

 

He walks me to the front of the queue and into the building, I try to keep the smug smile off my face when I see Boy Wonder and Crystal Twink looking through the doors at us.

 

                “Michael.  Have you met Lucas?  He’s my nephew, he’s over there talking to Stuart.”

 

I shake my head and take off my Captain Astro face masque and go to wave but he stops me.

 

                “Lucas is a great kid but made some horrible life choices, he’s what you might call a lost soul.   Prone to relapses and maybe unemployable to some but like birds of a feather they flock together.  But the togetherness is to help and encourage each other.  Not to belittle, demean and hurt.  Blake and Ted took a chance on him and on Stuart, who have more strength and courage in their little fingers than you do in your entire body as it takes courage and strength to change and move forward.  You see you can’t give up your drug because you’re a coward and would rather live in the past and on other people’s glories.  I’m not sure what you hoped to achieve here but if you think I would ever work with you again you’re mistaken, because bottom line Michael when all’s said and what you’ve done, I don’t like you and I don’t work with people I don’t like.  Arnold you know what to do.”

 

He turns and walks into the hall and I find myself in the firm grip of Arnold being walked out of the back of the building and I’m too stunned to object.

 

E&ZHoD – THURSDAY MORNING

 

EMMY LOU

 

I’ve been thinking about the food for next week and really want to do a refreshing citrus pudding, so I go in search of my girl and find her staring at her phone and grinning.

 

                “Wait what say that again?”  She waves at me to come quick she’s talking to Uncle Lucian.

 

                “I said, oh hey Emmy Lou; that the pre-nup clearly states that ‘should either party be unfaithful at any point in the marriage the pre-nup is null and void and the settlement of the divorce shall be awarded 75/25 to the injured party.”

 

                “But he will argue that she left him?”  Zee points out

 

                “But she didn’t cheat, she left because of his unreasonable behaviour towards you and didn’t meet Milton until 8 months after that, which can be proven.  And as he refused to divorce her and the cheating with Talon is well established regardless of whether or not your mom knew she gets 75% of his ‘estate’ as it were at the time the divorce papers were issued.”

 

                “Oh that has made my day it really has.  And what about the other cuckold?”

 

                “Got his smarts from his mother, she gets nothing and is raising all kinds of hell about it, but don’t worry they are going to settle.  In his favour, I’m just warning you that daddy may want to suddenly want to play nice…”

 

                “Much like someone else I know…”  Zee grumbles and I frown at her.

 

                “Now what did you actually call for?”

 

                “Food for next week and where you guys are going to stay for that weekend?”

 

                “I thought they would be staying, I mean aren’t you staying with Zee and Faal?”

 

                “Not if Brian and Justin have anything to do with it.”  Zee chuckles.  “They’re using the ‘but they’ve not seen Britin’ as leverage, which I would normally see as a valid point…”

 

                “But…”

 

                “Well I need someone to test drive Squirrel Hill, I’m sending you the deets and maybe Aunt Dee can whip up a feast for Sunday lunch?”

 

                “Squirrel Hill?”  I ask.  “You’ve bought a place in Squirrel Hill?!”

 

                “Emmy Lou volume.”  Aunt D admonishes

 

                “Sorry Aunt Deidra.  Oh wait!  We can get Brian and Justin to swap weekends, so that this is the weekend off and then Squirrel Hill can be ‘Britin’ for the day on Sunday after Uncle Lucian and Aunt Deidra stay at Britin on Saturday night?  Then everyone’s happy.”  I beam at her

 

“Oh you beauty, go call Justin quick!”  She turns and kisses me firmly on the cheek. 

 

“Oh before I go does Aunt Deidra have a fruit recipe that I could use?”  I call out from the coffee machine

 

        “Caramelized clementines in orange vodka or bitter orange syrup for the teetotallers, on its way to you and it’s Aunt D and he’s Uncle Luc, Emmy Lou.”

 

        “And here come the tears!”  Zee teases me.

 

I head to the sofa and settle down with Miss Scarlett’s head in my lap to call the other baby in my life.

 

        “Justin sweetie.  How are you?  Look I know Britin and Treehouse are fighting for the attention of the Starks but can you compromise, have them for Saturday dinner and then let Squirrel Hill be Britin on Sunday for lunch, yeah apparently she’s bought a place.  Use your Captain Twink’s Mighty Ass powers to get this done.  Thank you baby.”

 

I lift Miss Scarlett’s head up and after a brief whimper she goes back to sleep, I can’t thank autocorrect enough for them, I head back to the kitchen.

 

                “So that’s done.  Now two things Squirrel Hill and who were you talking about?”

 

She sighs and pours us a coffee each.

 

                “Michael is trying to get back to Hunter.”

 

                “What?”

 

                “Yeah seems he came to see him when he was ill, twice, but because he was at Ben’s he didn’t get to see him.”

 

                “Who told you this?”

 

                “Jenny but don’t worry she’s a Marcus and is handling him good, scarily good!”

 

I chuckle at that but see something’s troubling her further. 

 

                “Honey what is it; this is me Emmy Lou you can tell me.” 

 

                “I want her out and I can’t get her out without hurting Mel and the kids who love it there.”

 

                “Then why extend …ah for Mel and the kids; so what are you going to do?”

 

                “For now nothing.  I just needed to say it out loud to someone.  Now that I have I feel better, now Squirrel Hill here you go.”

 

I take a look at the deets, as my girl says, and squeal.

 

THURSDAY EVENING

 

SHADYSIDE

 

MICHAEL

 

That fucking bastard Brett and those two motherfucking cunts’ of twinks.  How dare they humiliate me like that!  Well they are going to pay, I don’t know how but I will make them pay.

 

BRITIN – SUNDAY EVENING

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

                “It was nice this weekend, a lovely lunch although I did feel for Hunter a bit having to go over his speeches over and over again, but he needed the practice with Uncle Luc.  I was surprised that Lyndsay didn’t help even though she’s not going to be there.” 

 

I snuggle deeper into his side.

 

                “Hmm, he still looks at the floor too much.  I think we will have to be placed at points in the room so that he can at least look like he’s looking around even if he’s looking for us.”  He mumbles.

 

                “And even better was the expression on Lyndsay’s face when Zee bought out the castings for Tucker and Jennifer, okay I’m still freaked by that but at least the packaging looked great!  Lyndsay’s face was a picture of pinched indignation!

 

“Yeah according to Leda, who’d have thought Leda and Jennifer would become such galpals, they cast her perfectly.  Emmy Lou said that he might get one of Drew’s ass done.  So um when do you get yours back?”

 

I giggle and then sit up and draw him into a nice deep kiss and settle back down.

 

                “Just before the weekend in New York.  What about you?”

 

                “Amazingly enough the same time, so are we going to share or surprise?” 

 

He smiles down at me carding his fingers through my hair.

 

                “Surprise but can we tell each other one thing and one thing only?”

 

                “Mmm.  Go ahead then.”

 

                “Oh no you’re not doing that again, I’ve learned now.  You first.”  I jab him in the ribs.

 

                “Ouch, okay nodules and did you know you lean slightly to the left?” 

 

                “Nod…I do?”  I lift the sheet and look down and bite my lip as he strokes my cock.

 

Five minutes later I’m panting and arching and he stops.

 

                “See just a bit to the left.  Which is why I love bottoming for you so much because I never know exactly where you are going to hit my hot spot.  Now your turn.”

 

My mind is a bit foggy.

 

                “Oh well it’s…oh!”  I gasp as he goes back to stroking.

 

                “Justin tell me one thing about yours.” 

 

He’s alternating between flicking at my slit and stroking my balls.

 

                “I can’t hear you Justin.”  He nibbles my spot behind my ear, his hand still working fast.

 

“Ah, ah, oh, there are, um yes like that.  There’s, oh, oh, oh God!  Oh I’m gonna…aahaaha!”

 

He grins down at me as I shudder and twitch.  Getting up he goes to the bathroom for a towel and gently cleans me off, but not before working some of my cum between my cheeks.

 

                “Hop on board.”  He whispers laying back.  “Let’s see if I can distract you again.”

 

BLOOM

 

CARA

 

                “Good morning how can I help you?”

 

                “Is Lyndsey Peterson available?”

 

                “No I’m afraid she’s at another location and won’t be returning until the end of April.  Can I help at all?”

 

                “Yes, can you give met the location as she needs to sign for this personally?”

 

                “Um just one moment.”

 

I head to Lydia’s office and thankfully she’s not on the phone.

 

                “What’s up?”

 

                “There are a couple of men here for Lindsay wanting to know where she is as she needs to sign for receipt of the letter they have for her.”

 

                “Hang on.”  Lydia tells me and quickly dials a number.  “Lyndsay, its Lydia, there’s some people here who need you to sign for a letter and obviously I don’t want you here, so where should I send them?”

 

She hangs up and hands me a piece of paper and I head back to reception.

 

                “Sorry about that but I had to get permission.  It’s 6th Fuller Corner of Treemont and she’s on her way back there now, but she won’t be there for another hour at least.  Oh hey Hunter, yeah she’s in go straight through.”

 

HUNTER

 

        “Hey Lydia, how’s it going?”

 

        “Darling boy, how are you feeling?  Are you excited?”

 

        “Excited and nervous but before we get onto that who were those guys and why was Cara giving them the address for Brian’s loft?”

 

        “Excuse me.  Cara have those men left yet, see if you can get them back!”

 

She looks nervously at the door and then Cara pops her head through looking flushed.

 

                “In reception.  Had to kick off and run!”

 

                “Hunter can I come back across to you please, I just need to deal with this first?”

 

                “Sure, see you later.”

 

LYDIA

 

                “Send them in for me please Cara.”  I break out my best smile.  “Gentlemen sorry about that, seems we had given you the incorrect address she no longer lives there.  Is there a solution to this problem we have, can someone else sign for it in her stead if she gives permission verbally?”

 

                “Let me talk to my superiors.”

 

Big Guy Number 1 is on the phone for a few minutes nodding and then he smiles at me.

 

                “If you can get a verbal agreement in our presence, which we will record, we will let you sign for it.”

 

I nod and place the call.

 

                “Lyndsay these chaps really need to get this letter to you today.  No I don’t know what it is.  But if you give me verbal permission I can sign for it on your behalf.  But first you need to quote your date of birth and social security number.   Thanks, now can you give permission for me to sign on your behalf.  Thank you Lyndsay.”  I put the phone down.  “Good enough?  Great let me sign.”

 

Once they leave I check Lyndsay’s file, the only address we have is for Canada.  Dammit, Sydney had said he meant to update the personnel files before he went.

 

                “Brian its Lydia.  I’m fine but a little perturbed by something.  Two guys came in wanting to deliver something for Lyndsay but she gave, according to Hunter, the address for your loft.   Which doesn’t strike me as a place for 4 people.  She lives where?  Oh great thanks.”

 

I give Cara the address to courier it Lyndsay and wonder what the hell she’s playing at.

 

THE LOFT

 

LINDZ

 

Well I’ve been waiting for the last 10 minutes, that’s enough time for me.  I hail a cab and reach home in no time. 

 

BROWNSTONE

 

When I get home there is a letter waiting for me.  How did they get my address, if Lydia gave them it, I shall sue for breach of privacy!

 

                “Lydia it’s Lyndsay!  How did this letter get here, if you gave…oh I see, well obviously I thought.  Well I…goodbye to you too!”  I snap into dead air

 

Don’t judge everyone by your behaviour, what the hell does that mean; I think to myself idly playing with the letter.

 

                “Brian!  What a lovely surprise!  How are you?  Oh she did, well I only gave that address as that was the closest one to me at the time and it seemed like it was urgent.  Of course, I won’t do that again.  But as I said it…okay I’ll speak to you later then.”

 

I can’t understand his reaction after the amount of men he’s fucked in that place, it’s not as if they knew the exact loft. 

 

Grabbing a knife I slit open the letter and then grab the counter, I have a preliminary court date in my lawsuit from Emily!  In two weeks’ time.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review constructively and kindly.  Thank you xx