- Text Size +

CHAPTER 45 – GATHERING INTEL AND REGRETTING LIFE CHOICES…OF COURSE NOT THEM

 

BERNADINE

 

                “Honestly, I’m not sure but I know what I wouldn’t do.  I wouldn’t go blazing round to confront her and judging by the fire in your eyes that’s what you want to do…”

 

                “But she’s…” Nancy fumes

 

                “Nancy, didn’t you listen to what Phil was trying to say?”  Ronald sighs with exasperation

 

                “What he never said anything?  He was no help at all.”  She bites back

 

                “And that’s where she gets it from.”  Arnold’s quiet chastisement has the desired effect.  “You’re hearing but you’re not listening.”  He continues

 

                “What do you mean?”  Ronald leans forward frowning

 

                “Can you tell us exactly what Lindsay told you was happening in her life?”

 

Once they had finished Arnold takes a sip of his drink and clears his throat but before he could speak Ronald suddenly stands up.

 

                “The arrest!”

 

                “Arrest what arrest?!”  Nancy gasps.

 

                “Ah yes, she and another man were arrested for trespassing on a neighbour’s property, I had to bail them out the next day, I didn’t want to hear any more than that.  And I made her promise not to tell you.  Sorry.”

 

        “It’s a start, can you remember the man’s name?  And the date of the arrest?”  Arnold asks.

 

        “Michael someone and February the 24th.”

 

Nodding, Arnold picks up the phone and after speaking quietly for 10 minutes, he smiles as he hangs up.

 

                “Michael Charles Novotny, stepson of Detective Carl Horvath who is married to Debbie Novotny who works at Liberty Diner on Liberty Avenue.”

 

                “So what do we do with this information?”  Nancy’s demands querulously

 

                “Phil kept saying that they had cases that he couldn’t talk about maybe the other person in this is him…”

 

                “Now Bernie have you ever eaten at a diner?”  Arnold asks eye twinkling mischievously.

 

                “Why are you going?  Why not Ronald and I?”  Nancy snipes.

 

                “Because I’ve always wanted to play detective and you wouldn’t know shit without us!”  He snaps

               

SHADYSIDE – TUESDAY MORNING

 

MICHAEL

 

                “Come on Lindz they’ve sent a car, the rest of our stuff will follow in the van.”

 

She comes humming out of the room doing last minute checks.

 

                “You know considering we are going to be living here, I think we should get a say in how it’s renovated, especially with the extension.  We don’t know what they are going to turn it into.”

 

                “Hello!”  Calls a voice from the open door.

 

                “Yes can I help you?”  I ask

 

                “Delivery for Novotny, where’d you want it?”

 

                “Oh my collectibles, can you put them in the boot of the limousine please?” 

 

I spot Joshua coming out of his house and make my way over.

 

                “Joshua!  Joshua!  May I have a word?”

 

                “Of course what do you want?”

 

                “I’m going to be away for a few days, the house is being renovated, and I know we’ve had our difficulties but could you keep an eye on it for me please as one neighbour looking out for another?” 

 

He smiles tightly and nods before getting in his car and driving away.  I make my way back to the car and slide in beside Lindz we grin at each other and head to the hotel.

 

SMALLING, STEWART & VINE

 

JOSHUA’S OFFICE

 

JOSHUA

 

That arrogant self-satisfied prick, how the hell does he always seem to land on his fucking feet!  Looks like they’re aiming to settle out of court for the lawsuits, which is a shame really as I was looking forward to watching him get tossed over open flame.

 

The emancipation hearing is going to be interesting, I doubt that Lindsay will want that to be an open forum or will she try and malign Brian and Mel’s characters by bringing up their past.  The one thing in our favour where Brian is concerned is that he never hid his lifestyle from anyone including Lyndsay at the time and she still wanted to and did have Gus with him.  Now Mel’s is another matter, yes there was the affair, but it’s the history between her and Brian that could cause an issue. 

 

Hopefully the kids will be allowed to speak to the judge and give their reasons, yes they are on paper, but saying them out loud has more impact. 

 

I feel for Phil when I worked out last night who his clients are, I almost fell over.  We were in a bar when he got an irate call from, it turned out, Lyndsay’s dad and spent 20 minutes trying to explain why he couldn’t say anything about it because of client attorney privilege.  When he got off the phone he looked close to exhaustion and then he wanted to pick my brains on the dissolution order as in how I would handle it if I was him. 

 

He never gave specifics or mentioned names but I’m a smart man and when he described him as a whiny little pipsqueak who should get his head out of his ass and comics and into the real world I had a fair idea who he was talking about.  I need to speak to Richard as from what Phil was saying it seems he’s going to try and fight it. 

 

                “Hey you wanted to see me?”  Richard smiles from the door.

 

                “Yeah, have a seat here’s my problem?”

 

When I finish telling him he looks thoughtful.

 

                “It’s a dangerously thin line, which in all honesty I wouldn’t cross.  However, let me offer an alternative solution.  Phil absolutely didn’t mention his client’s name correct?  Well Ivan, does pro-bono work outside of this office and if he was to ask him to represent him of his own free will…”

 

                “Great.  Now how do I get him to do that without looking like I’m getting him to do that?”  I gripe. 

 

                “Someone once told me that grandma knows best.”  Richard gets up and leaves smiling.

 

LIBERTY DINER – EARLY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

 

DEBS

 

                “Hey honey what are you doing here, not that I’m complaining about seeing my grandson?”

 

Hunter slides into the booth looking downcast.

 

                “He’s not signing it.”  He growls.  “Correction he’s signed it, got it witnessed and has now changed his fucking mind!”

 

                “Oh for fuck sake!”  I grouse.  “It’s going to be like the divorce all over a fucking gain.  Why can’t he just let people be fucking happy?!”

 

                “Because he’s not so no-one else should be.  What am I going to do grandma, I mean apart from issue another one to him and keep issuing until he fucking signs it.”

 

                “That will cost you honey and you know how stubborn he is.”  I take his hand he looks so sad.

 

                “Hey son, what’s going on?”  Ben slides into the booth next to him and Hunter leans his head on his shoulder.  “Debs you got an idea?”

 

                “He’s going to fight the dissolution order.” 

 

Ben’s face drops.

 

                “Oh Hunter, son what can I do?”  He asks.  “You don’t think he’s going to drag it out like the divorce do you?”

 

                “Looks like it.”

 

                “Um, excuse me but I couldn’t help overhearing, what dissolution order is this?  Sorry, I’m Ivan Vine and I might be able to help…”

 

                “I want my ass of a foster dad out of my life so he signed, got it witnessed but has now changed his mind and so I now have to resubmit another…”

 

                “Not necessarily.  Mind if I join you?  Thank you.  Although he’s changed his mind he’s got to provide documentation or proof that he should remain your father, how old are you if you don’t mind me asking?”

 

                “He’s 18 going to be 19 in a few months, I’m Debbie and this is his other dad Ben.”

 

                “Hmm, so why do you want him out of your life?” 

 

Hunter explains what has happened and Ivan looks angrier and angrier.

 

                “Oh what a horrible bastard, oh excuse me Debbie.”

 

                “Don’t I’ve called him worse and I birthed it.”

 

                “So how can you help my son?”  Ben asks sceptically.

 

                “I’m a lawyer who works pro-bono in special cases.  And I would love to take yours on if you want?”

 

                “He wants.  You’ve been told!”  Debbie orders.

 

IVAN

 

                “Well here’s my card, give me a call when his lawyers contact you.”

 

I suddenly find myself in the bounteous chest of Debbie and my ribs feeling the strain.

 

                “Grandma let him out, he can represent me if you suffocate him!”  Hunter snickers.

 

                “Thank you, just thank you!”  Ben shakes my hand firmly.

 

                “You’re more than welcome, I like nothing better than teaching negligent parents the error of their ways.  Speak soon Hunter, bye Debbie bye Ben.”

 

I head outside and take a couple of deep breaths to let go of my anger.

 

                “Hey Josh, after a day of staking the place out I got him.  No you don’t this one is on me.  I mean it, I want this guy.” 

 

DINER

 

ARNOLD

 

Well I have to admit it’s certainly colourful and they seem decent people, who just happen to live their lives differently.  Bernie is in her element, she’s chatting to a very large man who has a rather young looking man superglued to his side looking adoringly at him.  As they leave she beams at them and trots back.

 

                “Darling, that was Grizz.  Now he happens to know Detective Horvath and Debbie, she’s Debbie the one with the red uh hair.   Anyway, word is that this Novotny character is disliked intensely but he doesn’t know much but said to speak to someone called Kiki, who can let us know some more.  Isn’t this exciting?!”

 

I smile indulgently at her, for all her airs, graces, and WASP-ness she has a low tolerance for liars and although she and Nancy will always be frenemies, being mistreated by your child simply because they can is a source of pain for us and she wants to avoid that happening to anyone else.

 

                “Hi what can I get you?”

 

We’re both startled at the voice of a man coming out of a woman?

 

                “I wouldn’t recommend the coffee but the teas are great; nobody can fuck up a bag and water right?”

 

I look at her badge and smile.

 

                “Yes Kiki you can help a great deal.  First, we’ll have the teas and then perhaps we can talk?”

 

                “About what?”  She’s cautious.

 

                “A Mr Michael Novotny…”

 

A flash of anger passes across her face.

                                                                                                                  

                “Him!  You don’t look like someone who would associate with that yellow bellied cowardly liar; although he’s more a yellow bellied coward when he doesn’t have his blonde bitch at his side…mind you they both encourage each other’s delusions.” 

 

                “Really, when do you get a break?”  Bernie asks.

 

MANSIONS ON THE FIFTH – EARLY EVENING

 

MICHAEL & LINDZ’S SUITE

 

LINDZ

 

This is definitely more me.  I look out the window and smile, I think I will order room service.

 

                “Yes this is Lindsay Peterson in suite 1306, I wonder if you could recommend a restaurant nearby for an early dinner?  Ah the Capital Grill, make a reservation for two for say seven and confirm to me…pardon me, just a moment.  Lindsay Peterson, yes can I call you back I’m just on the phone at the moment.  Yes sorry about that for two at say seven.  Thank you.”

 

I head to the bedroom and try and pick out suitable outfit for dinner, Michael has been spending his time either reading his comics, bidding for collectibles or napping.  We head out only to discover that we couldn’t get in because of Michael’s footwear, seems reception forgot to mention the dress code to me.

 

I fuming as well as hungry and head back to the hotel, I tap my foot impatiently whilst waiting for guests to be seen to.

 

                “I would like to speak to the manager please.”  I demand.

 

A few minutes later, the manager arrives and asks how he can help.

 

                “Yes we’re in suite 1306 and I asked for a reservation to be made for me at Capital Grill, however we weren’t allowed to dine there because your receptionist failed to mention that the restaurant has a dress code.”

 

                “Right let me just look into that for you.  Ah yes, I see the reservation email confirmation was sent to you and read by yourself I’m not quite following your complaint.”

 

                “Really, you don’t think that your receptionist should’ve mentioned the dress code to us?” 

 

                “No ma’am we don’t I’m afraid that is not part of our remit.  That’s why we provided the restaurant website address so that you, as the person dining, could check this and it states in the disclaimer that we take no responsibility for anything other than the booking of the reservation.”

 

                “Well can you book a table in one of your restaurants…”

 

                “Unfortunately, it looks like we don’t have any availability until nine, may I suggest room service?”

 

                “That will have to do I suppose…”

 

                “So basically this is a supposedly five star hotel with a one star service?”  Michael says loudly.

 

                “Sir there is no need to shout, I’m sure this can be sorted out without raised voices.”

 

                “Well for a start you can make sure that tonight’s room service doesn’t appear on the Warth Realtors bill.”

 

Michael folds his arms and glowers at him.

 

                “Let me just check something for you sir, hmm oh yes I can definitely arrange for that.  Now will there be anything else?”

 

                “No we’ll go up to our room and order now thank you for what little help you gave us.”

 

I storm upstairs with Michael grinning behind me

 

                “Wow you were impressive Michael!”  I giggle

 

                “Learned from the best.”  He replies nudging me.

 

RECEPTION DESK

 

MANAGER

 

                “Make sure to arrange a separate bills for suite 1306 and make sure when they check out I’m to be found immediately.”

 

                “Of course.”  The receptionist returns my smile.

 

WILLIAMSON RESIDENCE – WEDNESDAY EVENING

 

RONALD

 

I can’t believe what my daughter has done.  How could she possibly behave in such a manner?

 

                “So what do you want to do?”  Bernadine questions gently.

 

                “So Zee where does she come into things, what’s she doing?”

 

                “That’s the thing she seems to be biding her time, but is slowly moving in for the kill.  But leave her out of your decision this is about what you two decide.”

 

                “And you believe what this Kiki person has said?”  Ronald looks so crestfallen

 

                “Kiki, not Kiki person.”  Bernie corrects him sternly.  “Now she struck me as very loyal friend to Debbie who from what I can gather is like a mother hen to the people in that diner.  So yes I do believe her, and it wasn’t just her talking about some of the things they’ve done.  He seems to get off on being unpleasant to as many people as possible and well you know Lyndsay…” 

 

                “Ronald, I know you are cross so am I but she’s still our daughter, we Petersons need…”

 

                “To be strong Nancy.  No I cannot allow her to get away with this.  First things first, make sure that Phil bills her not us.  Secondly send back the rent money to this Novotny character before he calls again for it and thirdly…it’s time to cut the apron strings, I’m not saying disown but maybe some time out of Pittsburgh is in order for out busy little bee!”

 

SHADYSIDE – TUESDAY AFTERNOON

 

BAZ

 

I love working for Zee and Faal, they don’t bullshit or anything, they’re fair and they say get it done, we get it done, once again day and night teams.  The extension is done, turns out that there was one before it was but it was knocked down, luckily not to the foundations so we just needed to build on top of that. 

 

The inspector is just doing the last of the rounds and that is the only thing that might be a worry, but we can finish off the rest of the house without any issue…there’s a little hallway between the extension and the back door so if we have to cordon that off we can.

 

                “Well Baz, once again a sterling job.  Here’s your certificate, there’s a bit of snagging but nothing to unduly worry.”

 

                “Great thanks.  I’ll let her know.”

 

He smiles at me and heads outside and smiles at the front garden, which is now a hedged in driveway, whereas before it was a bit of a garden mess.

 

                “Hey Zee, I’m good, got the certificate for the extension we are done, you can send in the furniture whenever you want.”

 

I can hear Faal laughing in the background, which means she’s most likely doing her happy dance. 

 

                “Yeah sorry what, yeah of course, I’ll oversee that no problem.”

 

Once again, whoever gets this place is very lucky.

 

SQUIRREL HILL

 

MEL

 

I have absolutely loved having the time off!  Leda and I have spent time working on Gus’s car now that it’s not being used for the wedding we are taking our time.  It’s been nice working with her.  Ben, Carl and Steve coming up over the weekend was great, we were supposed to go to Britin but Justin wasn’t well, he’s had a reoccurrence of migraines so Brian and he have gone to a specialist to see what’s happening there, the whole family are on tenterhooks.

 

                “Have you heard from her lawyers yet?”  Leda asks quietly.

 

                “No and it’s getting on my nerves.  I just want the cases started and ended before the…oh that bitch!”

 

                “What, what did you do are you hurt?!”  Leda cries out coming to my side.

 

                “No, I’m fine I’ve just realised something, excuse me I need to make a call.”

 

I dash into the kitchen and call Ellen and ask her to get Adam to call me back straight away, she is in love with her office and is setting us up nicely.  When I’m doing the handover with Charles she’s going to come back with me so that she can handover to his new assistant too.

 

                “Melanie Mar…oh Adam hey listen, I’ve had a thought.  I think Lindsay and Michael are deliberately delaying instruction so that it fucks with the run up to the wedding…uh huh, yeah, okay, do you think you could get that done…okay, okay I’m talking to Adam White what was I thinking!  Bye.”

 

ALLEGHANY COURT HOUSE

 

JUDGE MILNER’S CHAMBERS

 

ADAM

 

                “So your honour our argument for a subpoena for Lyndsay Peterson is she has made no effort to make restitution to Emily Mitchell in the form of the letter of apology or settlement.  Same goes for Michael Novotny in fact he had originally signed the dissolution papers but has now decided to fight.  They have claimed that they want to settle the suits out of court but are not making any efforts to do so.  We’ve sent daily emails asking for dates, as has the lawyer for Hunter Bruckner, and we all get the same response, my client is not in a position to provide dates at this point without a good explanation and…”

 

                “Adam calm yourself.  I will issue the subpoenas for them to attend court, but if you need dates as quickly as you can you need to find someone who is somewhat familiar with the cases and is, more importantly, happy to sit sooner rather than later.”

 

I smile at Judge Milner, he’s tough but fair.

 

                “That’s the other issue.  Judge Maatje oversaw the Mitchell vs Peterson prelim but had Peterson ejected, so we don’t want them to ask for another judge on the basis of bias.”

 

                “Ah I see, well two things, let me see what I can do with regards to my schedule, I’m fascinated by these but will speak to Meriam, see if we can work a tag team…I look at the Peterson and she looks at Novotny.  Okay here you go, all signed.  Now let me go butter up Meriam.”

 

                “Your honour thank you!”

 

I head outside and call Mel.

 

                “He signed them.  There’s fuck all they can do about it now.  It’s on.”

 

JUDGE MERIAM MAATJE’S CHAMBERS

 

I have had a long day and I just want to get home and snuggle under my dog and my cat and not bother with the world. 

 

                “Enter!”

 

                “Meriam.  How are you?”

 

                “Edward…oh I know that face, that’s the ‘I need a favour and you’re not going to like it face’ isn’t it?”

 

                “Yes.”

 

                “Neuken!  Sometimes I hate being a judge.  Have a seat.”

 

MANSION ON THE FIFTH – FRIDAY MORNING

 

RECEPTIONIST

 

                “Hi can you page the manager, Suite 1306 is checking out.” 

 

I smile sweetly at the pair of them.

 

                “What’s the hold up?”  She asks.

 

                “The manager wanted to make sure that everything was settled to everyone’s satisfaction, we never want to have a guest leave unhappy.”  I reply.

 

Out of the corner of my eye I see him approach and he has that smile on his face, oh how I wish I could be in the room for this.

 

                “Ah Ms Peterson and Mr Novotny can you follow me please?” 

 

MANAGER’S OFFICE

 

I indicate that they should take a seat and present them with their bills.

 

                “Wait what is this bill for $3,400 all bills need to be sent to Warth Realtors.”  He hands it back.

 

                “Yes, all bills up to a certain amount are billable to them, the balance is payable by you.  I have a copy of the letter that they gave you if you wish to see it.”

 

                “But…”

 

                “Now cash or credit.”

 

SHADYSIDE

 

SMALLING RESIDENCE

 

JOSHUA

 

I still can’t believe how fucking lucky that prick got!  The house looks amazing, I had a sneak peek when they were bringing in the furniture in. 

 

                “Honey can you get that, I’m trying to wrangle our daughter into her clothes…Sarah come back here…correction wrangle your daughter!”  Carrie calls out.

 

Chuckling I head to the door and my jaw drops in surprise.

 

CAR SERVICE TO SHADYSIDE

 

LINDZ

 

                “I can’t believe we had to pay the balance of that bill.  I will be having a word with this Warth character, in fact I will get Phil to have a word with him.  I can’t wait to see what it looks like can you?”

 

                “Huh oh yeah.”

 

                “Michael are you okay you’ve been distracted on and off all the time we’ve been away?”

 

                “Yeah I just have a niggling feeling about something, sure it’s nothing, but will check when we get inside.”

 

As we turn the corner the first thing that we see is the new driveway, it looks gorgeous and the outside has been repainted and pointed. 

 

As we pull up we hurriedly get out and smile at each other and head to the front door and try to open the door but neither of our keys work, but we can hear someone inside.

 

                “Open up!”  I knock hard on the door.  “I can hear you inside!”

 

The door swings open to reveal Zee who leans against the door jamb and blinks at us.

 

                “What the fuck are you doing in my house?”  Michael demands.  “Get out or I shall have you arrested for trespass!”

 

                “Your house, when did you buy it?”  She scoffs.

 

                “Well obviously I haven’t bought it but I rent it and…”

 

                “Not any more you don’t.”  She picks a piece of fluff off her sleeve.

 

                “Yes I do I have a tenancy agreement and…you, you’re my new landlord!”

 

She does a slow handclap and nods.

 

                “I suppose you are going to gauge me on the rent to force me out!”

 

                “Nope, you gave notice to quit.  So I have rented it to another tenant.” 

 

Michael goes bright red and lets of a stream of curses, she remains unruffled.

 

                “Language there are impressionable children here, right Joshua?”

 

                “Impressionable and quick…Sarah give that back to daddy!” 

 

                “Now, please leave the new tenants want to move in and we’re here to help them.”

 

                “Excuse me!  How has he given notice to quit?”  I take a step towards her and she slowly shakes her head and I step back.  “We can take you to a rental tribunal.”

 

                “No you can’t.  Mr Novotny didn’t sign the new tenancy agreement within the designated timeframe, therefore, as mentioned in the documentation it was deemed that he gave immediate notice to quit.  Seems you have a problem reading things before reaping the benefits.”  Malcom Warth explains.

 

Michael starts to pull out the documentation that he was handed before we left and is looking through it frantically.

 

                “You fucking bitch!  I really want to…”

 

                “Deal with me, absolutely no problem!”  Faal snarls at him.

 

                “Save that energy for later geliefde okay, now we’re on unpacking duty.”

 

                “Ah here they come, finally I knew we shouldn’t have let him drive on his own, for someone as smart as him no sense of direction.”  Faal mutters as he pushes past us to greet them.

 

                “Hey Zee, Faal we’re home!” 

 

We both whirl round to face Charles and David.

 

                “What are they doing here?”  Michael shouts.

 

                “They’re my new tenants.”  She smiles coldly.  “And now we’ve got rid of every trace of the previous tenants, apart from the tenants themselves who seem to be under the delusion that they still live here, it’s all ready for you.”

 

                “Wait a minute!”  Michael splutters.

 

                “Excuse me, I’m looking for Michael Novotny and Lindsay Peterson?”  Another voice calls out.

 

My stomach drops as I look at Michael.

 

                “Those two here.”  Zee points at us.

 

                “Thanks.  These are subpoenas to attend court for the last week in March, please sign here for them can someone witness their signatures for me please?”

 

                “Oh let me.”  Charles smirks as he waits for us to sign for them.  “There you go.”

 

                “Now there you go, off to wherever you have to be because it certainly isn’t here!”  Charles guffaws.

 

Zee turns to leave and starts to shut the door when I hear Debbie’s voice.

 

                “Wait Michael!  Wait!”

 

We stop and turn round.

 

                “I need to know where you’re going to be so…”

 

                “At least you still care for me ma.”  He sighs mournfully.

 

                “Oh I care for you but that’s not it.  I just need to know where to send your next eBay order.  Email me where you’ll be as soon as soon as you know okay.  Right everyone listen up…”

 

She shuts the door and Michael goes pale.

 

                “I knew it I fucking knew it!  I’ve been buying my own stuff!”

 

CHARLES & DAVID’S HOUSE

 

SPARE BEDROOM

 

BRIAN

 

Justin has been sleeping for the last twenty minutes, my heart is so full of love for my blonde bombshell I can’t believe this is happening after all we’ve been through.  Slowly his eyes flutter open and he smiles at me lifting his head for a kiss.

 

                “We should just get this over with shouldn’t we?”  He murmurs snuggling back into my chest.

 

                “Mmm, then you have to call Daph as soon as she’s out of her exam, you know she’ll be pissed if she hears it from anyone but you.”

 

We stay entwined for a few more minutes before there is a knock on the door, slowly the head of Gus comes round the door with a concerned look on his face.

 

                “You guys okay?”

 

                “Yes, we’ll be down in a few minutes.”

 

KITCHEN

 

They’re all bustling about putting stuff away, laughing and joking until Gus clears his throat and they all turn to us.

 

                “Justin, Brian what did the doctors say?”  Jennifer asks.

 

                “As you know Justin’s been having migraines and it turns out that there was swelling on the old injury site and…”

 

A whimper from Debs and a sob from Emmy Lou stop me for a minute.

 

                “Turns out that there is a reason for that…uh you see…uh Sunshine, I can’t…”

 

                “I’ve remembered the prom, every single minute of it, turns out that it was my brain trying to force the memories through and finally they’re here.”

 

                “Oh honey.”  Jennifer sobs

 

                “This is a good thing and I even remember Vic saying about me now being cock of the walk, Mel saying to Lindz that she would go for me…sorry but ew…and more importantly the look in Brian’s eyes when we danced to Save the Last Dance…I remember.”

 

                “So Emmy Lou we want that to be our wedding dance.”  I tell him

 

                “Not a problem.”  Drew replies as Emmy Lou has fainted.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review constructively and kindly.  Thank you xxx