- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Yep, this is the board meeting and wedding chapter...hope you enjoy 

CHAPTER 58 – AN END…A BEGINNING…AND ANOTHER BEGINNING!



BRITIN – TUESDAY AFTERNOON



STUDY



BRIAN



I’ve been staring at a blank piece of paper for 20 minutes. I’m supposed to be writing my speech and vows and nothing... Nothing is coming to me.  I want to call Ted to ask him if he remembers what I said when he told me those are the words but that would be too embarrassing.



There’s a tap at the door and Justin pokes his head round.



            “Hey!  Um, so what you doing?”  I sigh.  “Are you struggling too?”  He looks sheepish. I nod and head to the infamous chaise longue and he curls up with me. “Maybe we’re trying too hard.”  He suggests.  “Let’s leave them for now and discuss the guest list... the ever growing guest list.”



I shift a little and try to avoid eye contact.



            “So tell me; Mr Kinney soon to be Taylor-Kinney, why we have an additional 5 people?”



            “Emmy Lou said it would be easy to accommodate…”



            “Uh huh and that explains why, how exactly?”



I look down at my blonde bombshell and his eyes are twinkling up at me.



            “Because Adam and Solomon helped us so that’s our additional two.  Ephraim is for Mel and Meriam and Menno are for Zee and Faal…and let’s face it Solomon respectively.”



            “So that’s it? Nobody else is invited right?  Emmy Lou and Zee have a hard stop for tomorrow,. They want to concentrate on the food.”  He huffs a breath and I can tell this is still a sore subject.  “Still can’t believe we didn’t get to test it.”



I have to laugh at that.  I know exactly why we weren’t allowed to test as a family...too many opinions.  The only ones allowed were Jennifer and Debs and they have said we have nothing to worry about.



            “That’s it, I promise.”



            “Three days, I can’t believe it three days.”



I bend my head and capture the lips of the only man I will ever kiss for the rest of my life.



TREEHOUSE



OFFICE



FAAL



I’m waiting for papa to come in, mama and Menno have been telling me about the Glasshouse and what prep they have been doing.  I want to ask Menno about Aruba but I’m not sure how much he’s said to our parents. He’s very private and the complete opposite of me sometimes.



            “Hello my boy.”  Papa’s frame slides into view and Menno waves goodbye.  “How are you both?”



            “Fine.”  I reply hesitantly.  “But…”



            “Will you relax, there is nothing to worry about, I’ve shown it to the best lawyers here; there is nothing he can do. Absolutely nothing.”



I let out the breath I’ve been holding.  I didn’t want to worry my lig but I had a thought about him coming to South Africa and challenging the share issue decrying fraud, so I sent the papers to papa.



            “And in the highly unlikely event of him doing so, how would it look when the judge asks; ‘so tell me Mr Stark, millionaire, explain to me how you think you were cheated out of your shares by the fictional lover of the husband of your estranged daughter?’  He’s too proud a man for that... no proud is the wrong word. He’s too arrogant a man for that.  Do not worry, Son, we will see you on Saturday.  Now what can you tell me about this Solomon that Menno has been calling a lot?”



E&ZHoD – WEDNESDAY MORNING



ZEE



I look uncertainly at Emmy Lou. He’s tasting the burritos for Friday, but there’s something off and we both know it.



            “The salt is right and there’s enough pepper. So what the hell is it?”  Emmy mutters.



I shrug. We’ve tested it four times now and the result is the same…the nasty ass aftertaste.



            “Give me the list of ingredients again.”  I hand them to him.  “Oh for heaven sake!  This is ridiculous that we can’t figure this out!”



            “Shall we call her?”  Sighing he nods and I reach for my phone.  “Lydia you got a minute. Something’s off and we can’t figure out why?”



Ten minutes later she comes in grinning and within three minutes she’s scowling.



            “Ugh that ham is just not working in there!”  She declares.  “Why not use beef?  Oh, no even better a pork chop?”



            “But it’s for breakfast?”  Emmy objects.



            “And it’s a burrito.”  She replies back folding her arms.



Not many people know this about Lydia but she’s our secret weapon.  As well as being a renowned curator, she’s also a complete food whore. If we can’t get it right, we call her.



            “A nice fatty pork chop and add more spice.  There is a time and place for ham but that burrito is not it.  Call me when you’re done.  Ciao.”



An hour later, the New York breakfast is nailed.



McCANDLESS APARTMENT BLOCK



LINDSAY



OFFICE



Well this arrangement is working out perfectly.  Michael and I still have our cells so when people call, we simply call Roberta or Maxwell to sort out the problem.  I’m about to head back to the bungalow when Roberta calls me.



            “Excuse me Lind…I mean Ms Peterson, this gentleman wants to speak to Mr Nov…DeVore.”



            “He’s out in town right now, can I help at all?”



            “He needs to sign for this,” comes the gruff reply.  “Or you get his permission to sign for him.”



I place the call and after about 15 minutes I sign for it. I have a strange feeling of déjà vu but shrug it off.



BUNGALOW



            “Michael, can you remember to get the wine for dinner tonight?  I can’t wait for next week. We’ll be in New York by Saturday and rubbing their faces in our continued success!  Okay see you later.”



I put the envelope in his room and head to the kitchen, I don’t feel like cooking today.



            “Roberta, could you call for a takeaway at six, for two people, to be delivered to the bungalow?  Chinese I think, I will call you with our order when Mr DeVore returns.”



She sounded a bit snippy but if she doesn’t like it she can always leave.



TREEHOUSE – FRIDAY MORNING



ZEE



Today’s the day.  The family all insisted on coming to New York with us to the board meeting. Well the adults did. The rest have gone to Portland with David, Charles, Josh and Carrie in charge.  Daphne, Uncle Luc and Aunt D are meeting us at the building in time for the board meeting at 1230.



            “Ready geliefde?”



            “Yes and I don’t care how horny they are, we are in the bedroom first!”



            “I never thought I would actually say this but…”



            “I’m kidding, I can wait till Portland.”



            “Plane’s here!”  Jennifer calls out.



PLANE TO NEW YORK



BRIAN



They are so nervous they’ve actually not spoken since we got on the plane.



            “Guys come on. This is unnatural and you’re freaking us out!  At least feed us something.”  I demand.



That seems to do the trick as Zee leaps up and starts to pull food out of hot boxes.



            “Okay, we have chilli bean and cheese or fatty pork and egg burritos; fruit salad and blueberry and banana muffins. Who wants what? And by who I mean everyone but Justin who I know wants one of each!”



            “Seriously how have I got this reputation in the family?”  He looks indignant but then slinks down in his seat.  “Okay, okay enough with the staring.”



Soon enough the atmosphere lightens and it is altogether a much more pleasant flight.



STARK SECURITIES BUILDING



MAIN BOARDROOM



LUTHER



            “Good afternoon sons.  How are we on this fine day?”



Zander and Zephaniah look blankly at me.



            “That good huh?  Well today is going to be an excellent day all round for me especially.  Your sister and her master should be here soon…”



            “Will you stop calling Faal that?”  Zander snaps.  “We’ve been fucking emancipated! She’s no more a slave than you are a faithful husband!”



            “Listen to me boy, I’m still…”



            “No you’re not! You’re either a father to us all or nothing at all, Mr. Stark.”  Zander interrupts, sarcasm dripping from his voice when enunciating the word ‘mister.’  “Now excuse me. I’m going to wait for my sister and brother in law.”



I shrug and wait for Zephaniah to say something. He merely stares coldly at me.



            “Zeph, it’s not as if I forced her into doing anything…”



            “Zephaniah.  And my wife, MINE.  You had your own. Why not be happy with that? What is it with you and wanting to make the people around you miserable?  I’m going to join Zan.”



I take my seat, for now, and wait.



DAPHNE



            “So I just go in there, sit down in front and wait for the rest of the Stark family to arrive right?”



            “Yes baby, you can do this.  Just sit there and look like you’ve won the lottery. Keep your eyes on him, until Zee is sitting and he will do the rest…and when you find the opening take it.”  Dee says and then kisses my cheek.  “Thank you honey. Thank you so much.”



Taking a breath I head to the boardroom and smile my best shark smile at Luther and try to still the trembling in my legs.  Five minutes later, they start to come in and take their seats and Luther nods.



LUTHER



            “Who’s that?”  Zander asks.



            “All will become apparent in a little while.  Now as senior board member, by being the older brother I call this meeting to order.”



Zaden rolls her eyes at me but then locks gazes with her fucking husband, who smiles and blows her a kiss.



            “Do we have any other business from the last meeting?  No, then let us proceed with my resignation.”



Everyone turns to look at me and I turn to Zaden.



            “Zaden.  You see that gorgeous lady right there? Well her name is Daphne.  And she and Faal know each other very well.  Very, very, well.  And after some exquisite negotiations, I have sold her my shares and now she owns 50% of the company, which beats your 25% as she has Zephaniah’s shares too.  And if you want hold of the company, you just have to do the one thing she wants…divorce Faal so she can have him.  She wants him and she can force you off the board and she…”



            “Won’t.”  Daphne interrupts me.  “Exquisite negotiations?  There was nothing exquisite about being in your odious company!  As for Zephaniah’s shares, I didn’t buy them your brother and sister-in-law did and gave, yes gave them to Zee.  That’s what her friends and family call her, but you gave up that right because she didn’t marry a man the right colour for you!  Love has nothing to do with colour.   Love is colourless!  It’s pure, it’s clear, it’s honest and none of the things that apply to you!  And as for your shares I didn’t buy them…come in guys!”



A whole crowd of people come in.



            “I bought them.  The name is Kinney, Brian Kinney.  I have sold the shares back to Zee, who now owns 75% of the company.”



            “What the fuck is this shit?!”  I snarl.



            “It’s over Luther, get your shit and leave us alone.  You ain’t one of us no more.”  Lucian tells me.



            “Do feel free to dawdle, Luther, because I have about 20 years of ass kicking to give you!  And I have no problem- not one- starting now.”



            “Mom!”  Zaden screams and runs to her.  “Oh my God mom!”



            “Harold! Geoff, this man is leaving!”  Zander shouts out and I see two large men coming towards me.



            “You can’t do this!  I’m your father! Zaden? Zander? Zeph?! Remember I’m your father dammit!”



            “No!  You are not!  You are the man that got lucky with me!  And now your luck has run out!  Get him out of here!”  Delia snarls.   “Oh wait one more thing…”



I turn to her and then am doubled up on the floor in agony.



            “Always wanted to do that.”  Delia chuckles as she stands above me.  “Now dump the trash.”



I groan as I am lifted off the floor and carried to the door.



            “Wait!  One more thing.  Enjoy your money.  Enjoy what you call your life.  But leave us alone because you won’t like what happens if you don’t.  I know more people than you!”  Her husband shouts at me.



            “You all can go to hell!  Fucking go to hell!”



            “Seriously.   Out!”  Delia yells.



DELIA



            “Oh my baby, my sweet, sweet baby, hush now it’s done.”



Zee is sobbing so hard.



            “Hey now, where’s the owner of a security company than has got a 100% crack shot record?”



            “Crack shot record?”  A redheaded lady asks.



            “You don’t want to know.”  A rumpled guy next to her tells her.



            “Little one, come get freshened up and we’ll go to Portland okay?”  Dee smiles at me.



She nods and tries to pull herself together but I think it’s all a bit too much.  But she does follow her out with Zander and Zephaniah following.



            “So let me make the introductions.  Everyone this is Delia, Zee’s mom, Del this is everyone that makes up their family in Pittsburgh.”  Lucian tells me.



            “Pittsburgh?  I thought Dee said Portland?”



            “We live in Pittsburgh but we’re getting married in Portland. I’m Brian and this is my fiancé Justin.”



            “At yours…I mean hers?”  I look at Lucian who nods.



            “Uh Emmy Lou…”  Brian turns to a tall and tearful man.



            “Already on it.”  He sobs.



QUBE HOUSE – PORTLAND – WEDDING MORNING



BRIAN’S SUITE



FAAL



Seriously I love the guy but if he gripes about having to wear a fucking cashmere dressing gown one more time, he’s going to the wedding with a black eye.



            “I’m queening out, aren’t I?”  He does look sheepish.



            “A bit.”



The flight to Portland was exhausting. Zee spent most of it asleep with her mom and aunt.  All these years of angst have finally finished.  Lucian and I have agreed to keep tabs on Luther just in case but not tell her, but she’s a smart woman my wife.



            “Okay, everyone, downstairs for the wedding breakfast!”



LOUNGE



The room has been cleared and all there is, is a massive table opposite the TV at the behest of the kids.  Aunt Dee and Aunt Del are in the kitchen cooking up a storm. The reception area has been blocked off as has the garden area, and it looks like it’s going to be a nice day.  And if not we can always close the roof.



            “Faal, is everyone here?”  Aunt Dee pokes her head in.  “We aren’t serving until they are.”



            “Just waiting for papa and then we’re all set.”



Soon papa arrives with apologies and I head to the kitchen.



            “Everyone’s here now.”



AUNT DEE



            “Right everyone sit, groom and groom in the middle, mothers of the grooms on either side of them, and then partners etc, etc and so forth.”



I wait for them to be seated and signal Del and she and Lucian come in with the food.



            “Now before you eat, you need to know what you’re eating, so the best man and best women will read what we’re feeding you.  Starting with the best man.”



            “Okay, so, we have…are you kidding me!   Baked duck…because you love to fuck…eggs with ham, crisp sage leaves & toasted baguette.”  Ted is shaking with laughter.



            “Cynthia.”



            “Maple Bacon…because you’re both taken…bagels with avocado and sriracha.  Oh quite tame, how disappointing.”



            “Daphne.”



            “Oh why me!  Cherry and chocolate flapjacks with hot…because you popped his and are hot for each other…butter sauce!”



The room erupts with laughter and we start to eat with Brian and Justin feeding each other. When breakfast is finished and a box packed for Justin.  Hunter stands.



            “Groom and Groom, in honour of the new beginning of your life, we have compiled some best bits of your old ones…now there is a shit load of Schadenfreude in this, so enjoy watching this as we did making it.”



Brian and Justin exchange confused looks and then the room is rattling with laughter as we see Michael fall into the pool drenching Lindsay and various other mishaps.  I have to hi-five my girl for the flip on back for that idiot and the dick press.  By the time we get to the Jenny body slam, them running from the dogs and the ice rock nose break, people are begging us to pause so they can rest their aching sides.



            “S-s-seriously when did you guys d-d-do this?”  Justin manages to gasp out; Brian can’t speak.



            “Last night.  We finished it last night.”  Hunter replies wiping his eyes.



            “Right... guys now seriously, you need to get ready.  And Justin you drop one thing on that suit and Brian’s hand on that ass is the least of your worries, you hear?!”  Del tells him.



            “Yes Delia,”  He meekly replies.



That’s the thing with the Stark women. We don’t take any shit!



JUSTIN’S SUITE



DAPHNE



            “Okay in and out, in and out.”



I’m holding a paper bag over Justin’s nose and mouth as he’s hyperventilating. He’s just realised he hasn’t got his vows or his speech ready!   I am trying not to freak out here!



            “Jennifer!  Can you hold this I just need to go...”



            “Just get Brian now!”



I run to the other side of the building and hammer on the door.



            “What’s the…”  Cynthia takes one look at my face.  “Brian!  Justin needs you!”



We race back to his suite and Brian waits outside whilst I lead a still hyperventilating Justin to the door.



            “Just put out your hand.”  I tell him.  “Can you feel him?”



He nods tearfully.



            “Baby, calm down and breathe... you’ve got this, Justin. It doesn’t matter that it’s not written down. Go with what you feel, okay?  Ouch!  Baby ease up, come on you’ve got this.   Let everyone else fade, and remember it’s just me and you out there, nobody else. So when it’s time, just talk to me okay?”



He starts to relax.



            “Just talk to me.”  Brian repeats.



            “S-sorry, I just…”



            “What do I always say?”



            “S0-sorry is bull-bullshit?”



            “So stop with it princess and let’s get married.”



His breathing starts to even out and he takes the bag off his face.



            “Never let me go?”  He calls through the door.



            “Never.”



My heart breaks a little as Jennifer gently pulls him back into the room and closes the door.



QUBE HOUSE GARDEN



BRIAN



            “Why the hell am I wearing a blindfold?”  I gripe.



            “Same reason Justin is so you can see everything together at the same time. Now stop your bellyaching!”  Debs snaps.



I wait for what must have been five minutes and judging by the gasps and sighs I hear, the place we’re in is looking pretty good.



            “Justin’s here.”  Jennifer tells me.



I reach out for him and after flailing, I feel a small hand grab mine and then guide me to his.



            “Thanks Jenny.”  I whisper.



            “You’re welcome.”  She whispers back.



            “Ushers, turn and remove.”  A voice intones.



We’re turned around and Jenny puts our hands together again and then the blinds are removed and the first thing we do is look for each other.  He looks absolutely stunning and there’s no panic in his eyes. Then we turn to our guests.



            “Oh fuck!”  I breathe and I hear him start to hiccup and pull him into my arms.



The garden has all our guests seated but it’s the theme- the blacks, purples, blues, oranges and deep burgundy flowers underlit in vases all over the garden- that gets me.  I can smell honey, vanilla and chocolate wafting through the air, our favourite scents.



            “Ahem, gentlemen shall we?”



We both freeze and slowly turn to face Reverend Tom Butterfield in astonishment.



            “You?”  Justin gasps.



            “Yes, me.  And it is a great honour to be officiating your wedding.”



            “You just want to tell my mom, don’t you?”  I snicker.



            “Yeah that too!”  He winks at me.



            “Oh my God Brian, look, look behind him!”  Justin gasps



I blink a couple of times to clear my eyes but it’s there…a street light.  I turn to look at Emmy Lou, then Zee and then Faal who winks at me and then shrugs.



            “We’ll figure a way to get it to Britin after everyone has signed it.  Now come get married!”



We turn back to Reverend Butterfield and he begins.



            “…now is there anyone here present that knows of any legal impediment that should preclude these two gentlemen from getting married may they speak now or forever hold their peace and before speaking, note two of the ushers have guns.”



And right on cue, Zee and Faal turn round and face our guests.



            “It’s true we do.”  Faal comments looking round.  “Anybody?  No, nobody?  Okay we’re good.” Family and guests alike chuckled at Faal’s antics.



            “Brian take Justin’s hand and say your vows.”



For the first time in my life I’m stymied but then I look into those beautiful blue eyes and I remember those words.



            “Justin, I rise and set with you.  You are my sunshine, my daytime and my moonlight.  I can’t imagine a day without hearing your voice, feeling your touch or knowing that you love me.  For all my faults, you love me.  Nothing or nobody will ever change that.  I will never let you go.  Please be my husband?”



The reverend clears his throat.  “Justin your vows.”



            “Brian, oh God, the moment I saw you I knew, I just knew.  I love you, plain and simple I love you and with everything I have, I love you.  Please be my husband?”



            “Do you Brian Aiden Kinney take Justin Cole Taylor to be your husband?



            “I do.”



            “Do you Justin Cole Taylor take Brian Aiden Kinney to be your husband?”



            “I do.”



            “Then by the powers vested in me both in the States of Oregon and  Pennsylvania, I now pronounce you husband and husband.”



The room erupts with cheers, whistles and clapping.



            “Wait!  Wait, I’ve not finished!”  Reverend Tom shouts above the hubbub.



Slowly the room goes silent.



            “Please step up to the lamp.  This signifies your beginning and now your future.  You may now kiss the groom.”



I look down at my husband and dig my fingers into his hair and claim his mouth.



            “Okay boys, you’ve got South Africa for that!”  Carl interrupts us.  “Let’s get upstairs and eat.”



            “Upstairs?”  We both echo.



            “Yeah, seriously you guys are going to love this!”  He chuckles.



ROOF GARDEN



            “Oh my fucking God!”  Justin squeals.



I thought that the roof stopped with the dome but I was wrong.  Between the ‘roof floor’ and the actual roof of the building is another room and that’s where we are eating.  We are looking down into the ceiling of the reception area, which is covered in crystals, so we can’t see what the reception area is like.



            “Brian.”  Justin breathes looking round.



            “You need to wait here, let everyone sit first.”  Luc smiles at us, who seems to be our MC.



Ten minutes later, everyone is seated.



            “Ladies and gentlemen, I present the husbands Mr Brian Taylor-Kinney and Justin Taylor-Kinney!”



We walk to our table and take our seats and then Luc signals for quiet.



            “Ladies and gentlemen.  I present Gus Taylor-Kinney, son of Brian Taylor-Kinney and Justin Taylor-Kinney.”



            “Dads, wow, my fathers...  I love you guys so much and I’m proud to call you my parents.  Uh that’s it.”



            “That’s perfect.”  I hear the wobble in my voice.



            “Ladies and gentlemen.  I present Jenny Marcus- Bruckner, daughter of Melanie Marcus and Benjamin Bruckner.”



            “Uncle Brian, Uncle Justin, I hope one day to find a love like yours…when I’m a lot older obviously!”



            “Yeah like 30!”  Ben calls out to the laughter of all the assembled guests.



            “I’ve seen the determination in that little lady Ben, so good luck with that!” Luc says before continuing on. “ Ladies and gentlemen, I present Emmett Honeycutt who would will present the menu.”



            “This has been the best…I can do this…the best ever catering job I’ve had the pleasure to do.  For the wedding of the century no the Ever; I present: Starter: stir fried tangy prawns or Parsee duck scrambled eggs with flatbreads.  Main: Rib of beef with spiced bone marrow butter or orange, thyme and spice roast chicken and accoutrements.  Vegetarian starter: mini cucumber curry with raita or Thai green sweetcorn soup.  Vegetarian main: spiced cauliflower, pea and cashew pilaf.  Dessert: chocolate mousse and passion fruit tart or fruit salad.  And I hope you all enjoy!”



An hour later, we are all full and happy.  Jennifer just shook her head when I loaded up with the prawns and the chicken and Justin helped himself from my plate and the beef from hers.



            “Ladies and gentlemen.  This is the interlude part of the day.  Please retire to your rooms or the grounds to sign the lamp until the reception at six thirty.”



Slowly people filed out of the room until it was just the family left and we all just stare in wonderment at each other.



            “You did it dads, you did it!  Despite it all you’re married!!”  Gus shouts happily.



            “Okay Sonny Boy no more champagne for you.”  I tease him earning a swat from Justin.



            “Guys the Storm Room is all yours. You have um let’s see, about an hour.”  Del smiles at us.  “Oh the quickest route is down that way, nobody will see you.  Don’t take your time now!”



Justin and I exchange looks and then we are off and running, pulling at our clothes as we go.



Twenty sweaty minutes later, we are a crumpled heap on the floor. We just about made it inside the room.



            “M-Mr Taylor-Kinney, could you carry me to the shower?”  Justin mumbles from underneath me.



            “Uh huh.  Fuck that was fantastic!  How are your knees?”



I slowly lift my head and gently withdraw before clearing my throat and carrying him to the bathroom.



            “Beautifully sore.”  He mumbles into my chest.  “Yours?”



            “Ditto.”



I put him on the couch, which I’m sure wasn’t there before and turn on the shower.  After I adjust the temperature I carry him inside and partake of my favourite thing…washing his hair.



When we come out of the bathroom, we find a rack with two suit bags from YSL on it with a note: ‘Saw them, thought of you two and we knew…love Zee and Faal’.  Opening up the bags they are the most beautiful tuxedos I’ve ever seen.



            “I…”  Justin starts to sniffle.  “I’m so happy Brian, just so happy.”



            “Me too.”



RECEPTION



LUC



            “Ladies and gentlemen!  I present Mr and Mr Taylor-Kinney!”



I have a lump in my throat and have done all day.  Not only because of the day itself but because my little one made this possible by being a Stark and fighting to protect what’s hers.  Her family.  And when she needed help, her family closed ranks and protected her.  Faal asked me a question earlier and I was happy to say yes again and of course we’ve got to set up tomorrow but I don’t care. It will be the perfect end to the perfect weekend.



JUSTIN



            “Ladies and gentlemen thank you for coming…not one word Faal…please enjoy the rest of the evening.”  Brian smiles.  “This is incredible.”



The main foyer has been transformed with our flowers winding round each staircase and a massive vase of a mix of the flowers at the end of each one.  Again there is the scent of vanilla, honey and chocolate in the air and a room we’ve not seen before is behind us.  I just gawp at the inside. It is draped in silks and there is the street lamp at the end.  Brian has to stop me from running to it.



            “Walk twat.”  He whispers holding my hand tightly.



As we finally get there, I almost burst into tears. Every one of our guests has signed it but the best bit is the glass around the lamp.  I don’t know when and I don’t know how but our family has etched a personal message on the panes.  When I point it out to Brian, he just shakes his head and looks away. I smile and give him a minute to gather himself.



            “How the fuck are we going to get that back to Britin?”  He mumbles into my neck.



            “Let us worry about that hmmm?”  Mom rubs his back.  “The post might take a bit of packing but the panes will be on the plane with us on the way home.”



            “Where’s Drew?”  He asks.



Mom points him in the right direction and with a quick kiss on my cheek he’s gone.



            “So how’s it feel Mr Taylor-Kinney?”



            “Perfect, just perfect.”



            “I’m glad.”



Brian comes back with a sexy smile on his face and pulls me into his arms.



            “Ladies and gentlemen!  I present the first dance as husband and husband for Mr and Mr Taylor-Kinney; Save the Last Dance!”



I know I am crying with each step, dip and twirl but I don’t care.  When the song finishes he kisses me so slowly and deeply, I almost come in my pants like a teenager!



            “Seriously guys save some for South Africa!”  Carl shouts out smirking.



            “Oh I have more than enough for that!”  Brian snarks back.



            “Ladies and gentlemen!  I present Emmy Lou and Little One…I mean Zee, who wish to present the menu for this evening!”



I’m looking forward to this but for some reason Faal and Drew are suddenly at my sides.  I look up suspecting my husband’s influence.



            “We’ve got to let the guests at least have a chance.”  He smirks at me.



            “For the hottest men on the planet.”  Emmy Lou begins.



            “We present a hot menu.”  Zee grins.  “Ready Emmy?”



He nods as they read it out together.



            “So we have: Char siu pork rolls; Thai prawn cakes; Crispy duck pancakes; Steamed buns with orange and pomegranate lamb; Fiery lobster rolls; Thai green gazpacho; Brown sugar and chilli chicken wings; Grilled aubergine and miso salad; Hash brown veggie sliders with kale aioli; Fresh salads and for dessert Cocktail jelly shots and Mulled cassis cookies with dried blackcurrants.  And anyone who knows Justin will know why there is a former Iron Man and a very large South African flanking him right now!”



I poke my tongue out but can’t keep the grin off my face and it gets even larger when Brian tells me there’s a basket in our bedroom just in case.



We eat, we dance, we laugh and everything is just perfect but then I notice Jenny is frowning and frowning hard.



            “Brian?  What’s wrong with Jenny?”



He looks at her and she does look upset and all I can think is please God no.  She heads determinedly towards Zee and says something.  And suddenly there is an ear piercing whistle.



            “That what you had in mind?”  Zee asks her.



            “Jeez!  Yeah that’s about it.  So what’s it going to be?”  She demands.



We are all looking at her in confusion, not sure what she’s talking about and then she starts to cry.



            “Jenny, honey what is it.”  Mel is immediately at her side.



            “I-I think I might have read it wrong b-but I think Uncle Steve just asked dad to marry him?”



Everyone turns to look at them and there is silence.



            “Uh read it…never mind coming back to that.  No you’re not wrong he did and I said yes.”  Ben beams at her.  “So I kind of need someone to give me away do you know a redheaded waitress with a heart of gold I could ask?  Oh then there’s my best man, I believe he’s called Hunter if…”



He doesn’t get a chance to finish the sentence as the air is knocked out of his lungs by Hunter launching himself from wherever into his chest and then the air is filled with screams as realisation hits her.



            “Oh my God!”  Debs yells.  “Oh my God!”



            “Well since we are in an announcing mood!”  Faal shouts.  “My lig, I love you with everything I have and everything I own will you renew our vows?”



Zee is just standing there looking at him.



            “No…”



            “What?  Little one what do you mean no!”  Luc demands.



            “I wasn’t saying no, I was about to say nothing would keep me away from that, jeez let a girl finish!”



            “Sorry, little bit of a hair trigger there.”



            “Not one word Delia!”  Dee calls out.



I turn into Brian’s chest and laugh and then look up at him.  I don’t think he realises he’s crying until Ted hands him a handkerchief and Cynthia is even worse, she’s completely fallen apart.



            “So we have vow renewal and a wedding to organise for here and…”  Luc chuckles.



            “We can do it tomorrow.”  Brian’s voice stuns everyone.  “But no offence it will just be family and then a bigger celebration when we get back to Pittsburgh.”



Again the room is stunned into silence.



            “We have the priest, the venue, and the people that matter and…”



            “There is the little matter of the licence and…”



            “I believe I can help with that, I am a judge after all.  It would be a pleasure and an honour to grant a licence to you Mr Bruckner and Mr…”  Meriam Maatje stumbles



            “Smart, Steve Smart.”  He stammers.



            “Okay I need an office to get this sorted out.”



An hour later, they have their license.  Emily and Francine are sorting out new flowers sourcing them from the garden and once again the family is pulling together to make this perfect for Zee, Faal, Ben and Steve.



As for me.  Well I have the Face of God in my arms, the man of my dreams, he’s my ‘everything’.  I look up at him and smile.



            “You’re mine from now until forever.”  I wind my fingers in his hair.



            “My Sunshine.”  He breathes into my mouth before he kisses the life out of me.


Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thank you xx