- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

 

Thank you for Emmett and the three bears, or we never would have gotten Michael in the dumpster. Daphne made us put trash bags under Michael because who knew what was in the condoms, which, okay she was right. Molly on the other hand, wanted to close the lid and lock it for the shit he put our mom through. I really like my little sister. We all ran back to the car that I had Daphne drive away from the scene of the crime. We had to tell Emmett to be quiet because he was worried we were going to end up on America’s Most Wanted.

 

“We didn’t kill him, just let him see what’s it’s like to have some trash all over you.” Molly tells him.

 

“Don’t get me wrong, jail in pornos sounds all kinds of fun to a queen like me, but I doubt it’s anything like that for real.” Emmett tells us.

 

We got in the car and drove back to Brian’s house. He was standing with Max in the driveway.

 

“Think someone told Daddy Bear what you’ve been up to?” Daphne asks as we all stare at a stern looking Brian.

 

“Mom probably did.” Molly tells me.

 

“It’s not like we didn’t do what Brian probably wants to do.” Emmett protests.

 

“Get out of the car children, and tell me what you did with Michael.” Brian tells us.

 

“Is it too late to back out and run?” Emmett asks.

 

“Emmett, the fact that you are the adult in the car makes me wonder about you helping them.” Max tells him.

 

“Like you wouldn’t have been helping.” I tell Max.

 

“Yeah, but who said I’m an adult? No one expects me to behave, because I refuse to grow up and be responsible.” He tells us.

 

“I was responsible, I made sure we didn’t just throw Michael in.” Emmett tells them.

 

“Please tell me you guys are kidding, that you didn’t really throw him in my dumpster.” Brian asks us.

 

We all decided not to answer him, because he looked like he was going to kill us. 

 

“Why would it matter Brian?” Max asks Brian. Then turns to me. “He’ll wake up in an hour or two, unless you really knocked the shit out of him. Then it could be tomorrow.” Max looks at me to see what I did.

 

“A couple hours, it’s not like I went for total KO.” I tell them.

 

“Normally I would say great, but the garbage pick-up is sometime today. Was the dumpster full or empty.” Brian asks us.

 

“Full, but they’ll see him.” I tell him.

 

Brian starts calling someone, and mutters childishly, “they’ll see him.” 

 

“Well you guys are lucky, Mom got the neighbor to agree that you guys were here all day. What the hell Jay, you usually plan better than that.” Max tells me.

 

“He called Jewel a mistake.” I tell him.

 

“Brian let him take a ride.” Max tells him.

 

BRIAN

 

It’s really sad when I want to leave Michael to the garbage schedule, but somehow it’s going to come back on me. I need to be able to give Justin and the kids my time.

 

Max and I had a long talk while the kids ran around us at the zoo. It was enlightening to meet the real Max, not the Emmett twin.

 

“You have till we take the kids back to the car to ask me what you want. Then Uncle Maxie gets to come out and play.” Max told me.

 

“How bad was it really? I need to know.” I tell him.

 

“Justin wasn’t living in the lap of luxury, but he wasn’t doing things that would change him. He was living hand to mouth, not something he was ever used to, judging by what I’ve seen, but he didn’t know that. So to him it was about taking care of himself and having a healthy baby. Was it great? No. But he got off his ass and kept going. Do I know everything? No, because Jay doesn’t sit around using it to gain sympathy.” He tells me.

 

“He came to work for you? How?” I ask him.

 

“I was asked by a friend to offer employment to the guys in the shelter. I did it because everyone deserves a chance to get out of that life. I wasn’t always rich Brian, I worked my ass off to get where I am. Jay didn’t just let me help him, he worked for everything until the day Aidan was born, then he put his pride aside and did everything for Aidan.” He tells me.

 

“He goes from cleaning to displaying his art in a premier gallery. Sounds like you really were into helping Justin.” I tell him.

 

“It wasn’t because I wanted Jay,  you do realize he was pregnant when I met him. Not really what I look for in a man. I wanted him for my Gallery because he is one of the most talented artists I’ve ever had the privilege of knowing. I don’t have to pay for ass, Brian. Jay and I just never got past the brothers stage and we don’t want to.” He tells me. I know that but I wanted to hear him say it.

 

We see the kids come running back to us and asking to see the monkeys. I figured we could continue this when they were watching the animals.

 

“You never once considered him for more?” I ask.

 

“I love Jay, but we were never going to be more, so why waste my time on pining for what I couldn’t have. Yes, I think he’s hot, but it doesn’t mean I’m willing to screw myself out of a friend, for one night of stupidity. Understand something about me, the only people who matter to me are Jay and Aidan, my family. You fuck up and I’ll make sure it’s the last time you get near them. I’ll make sure that Jewel and Gus are the only people allowed to see them.” He tells me.

 

“You really think he would let you force him to choose you, over us?” I ask him. 

 

“Yes, he knows me, unlike you. You keep letting people shit on you the way you have and he isn’t going to be running to you but away again. Jay doesn’t like weak people, most likely because he couldn’t survive being on the street if he let people get to him. You want to know the kind of men he was at least willing to date? The ones who took care of their problems. Which you seem to do, except when it comes to the Drag Queen wanna be.” He tells me.

 

“The person I was screwed around with anybody, and acted like he was a albatross, don’t think that will work this time. Trust me, she is going to make sure Justin knows all about me.” I tell him.

 

“Then tell him yourself, don’t let him hear their version. Jay can see through bullshit, so you don’t have to worry about them and him. My only question is, is that who you are anymore?” He asks me.

 

“I’m a father and owner of a business. The rest was just window dressing to hide the pain.” I put it all out there, because Max isn’t the dizzy guy he pretends to be.

 

“Jay, is the person you see. The only difference is you’ll never see if you hurt him, because he can shield himself. Something you don’t do, which in my opinion, is something you, of all people should be able to do. You can’t come out of a home like your childhood home, not being able to hide the hurt. Why did you let Deb see it?” He took me by surprise when he asked that.

 

“It was just too much in one day. I finally was able to end my search for Justin. It was the truth, I did almost hit him. Just like my father would have done, being angry about things that shouldn’t matter more than people.” I tell him.

 

“Did you hit him? No. So it doesn’t count. Let me say what you can’t seem to hear, you’re not your father, anymore than I’m mine. You stopped yourself from doing it, and in the end that’s what counts.” He tells me.

 

“I thought you didn’t have a family?” I ask him.

 

“I don’t, my father killed them all.” He tells me and runs to the kids.

 

In the car I thought about what he said, and he’s right, I wasn’t being me anymore. If it takes letting the cops in the door at two in the morning then I let them in. 

 

“He beat us too, but the fucker had to take my mom and sister with him in the car when he crashed it into a light pole.” Max tells me when we got out to get the kids.

 

“Mine didn’t have the money for a car.” I tell him.

 

When the kids ran into the house, Jen came outside to tell us what the other children were doing. You know it doesn’t surprise me that Justin and Daphne were already causing all sorts of trouble in the very short time they were together.

 

“Brian, Molly is helping.” She tells me.

 

“Dude, they are so coming to my island.” Max the silly queen tells us.

 

I got a hold of Ted and told him what Justin did with Michael. After he stopped laughing, I told him to make it so that if Deb, Lindsay, or Michael come to my house, I can have them removed from the property. Ted told me he would handle it.

 

MICHAEL

 

What the fuck is that smell, and why does my face hurt? When I tried to open my eye it hurt to open it. I opened up my other eye and I’m surrounded by metal. I go to sit up and slide into something slimy. Shit, how the hell did I end up in a dumpster? I get up and push the lid open to see a garbage truck heading down the alley. I tried to get out but there was shit all over the sides that I didn’t want to touch. The truck starts pulling closer and I jump up so he can see I’m in here. I was relieved when he stopped and opened his door.

 

“You need to get out of there, this isn’t a dumpster for doing a dive.” He tells me.

 

“Can you help me out of here, I wasn’t in here on purpose.” I tell him.

 

“I hear that all the time, but let me get some gloves because there is all sorts of nasty shit in this dumpster.” He tells me.

 

I look around to see where I am and see Babylon behind me. I look down and see condoms stuck to my pants. Then I remember who I saw today and I’m going to make sure he doesn’t get away with this.

 

“Hey Michael, what are you doing in Babylon’s garbage?” Ted asks me.

 

“Fuck you Ted, you wait till I get out of here.” I tell him.

 

“Don’t worry, the cops here are going to help you out of there. Can you make sure Michael is no longer allowed to trespass on any property owned by Brian Kinney? He and his mother are on the verge of harassment, if not stalking.” Ted tells the cops.

 

“Michael, tell your mom that if she comes near Brian we are going to have her arrested. The officers will be delivering restraining orders for you and her today.” He tells me.

 

“Brian wouldn’t let you do that.” I tell him. 

 

“He ordered me to do whatever it takes to get you the hell out of his life.” Ted tells me.

 

“I want Justin arrested for attacking me.” I tell the cop.

 

“Where did you see Justin?” Ted asks me.

 

“The fucker was at Brian’s house, you tell Brian I’m going to put that twink’s ass in jail for assault.” I tell him.

 

“Sir, we need you to get out of there and you can call someone from the station.” The cop tells me.

 

“I want someone to arrest Justin Taylor for hitting me.” I tell them.

 

“Where did this happen?” The cop finally listens to me.

 

“At Brian’s house.” He tells me.

 

“My employer.” Ted tells the cop.

 

“The one who wants the restraining order?” He ask Ted.

 

“That doesn’t change that someone hit me.” I tell him.

 

“I’ll send someone to see if anyone can verify your story.” He tells me.

 

“I’m verifying it. One of my eyes stings, it’s probably from where he hit me.” I tell him.

 

“Wouldn’t put it past you to hit yourself to cause trouble.” Ted tells me.

 

The cop and garbage truck driver get me out, while Ted just watches. The cop asks if there is any plastic he could put over his seat. I wanted to sit and rub whatever was on me in the seat. When he put me in the back, he told me that he would prefer to keep the windows down, because he didn’t want the car to smell after I was out. I asked to call my mom, he told me I could do that from the station.