- Text Size +

MAX 

 

One of the things about Jay is that he looks innocent, so people tend to think he wouldn’t hurt a fly. Living the way he did, he learned to make people see what he wanted them to see, not what he was capable of. So when Ted called to tell us Mikey was trying to have Jay arrested, I wasn't worried.  Everyone else was scrambling to think of a way to explain the bruised knuckles. 

 

“Honey, You could go to your house.” Mom tries. 

 

“Don’t worry about it.” He tells her.

 

“Justin, they are assholish enough to turn this into a bigger deal.” Daphne tells him.

 

“Just don’t talk to them, let us handle it.” Emmett tells him.

 

“Give me an idea on how you want to handle this?” Brian asks him.

 

“I don’t, trust me they aren’t going to believe I hit Michael.” He tells him.

 

Brian was the only one who stopped trying to help Jay get out of it. I’ll give it to him, he’s learning fast. I just started getting out lunch for the kids, because whatever he was going to do, would work. The others were trying to hatch a plan.

 

“We could tell the police it was me.” Daphne tells us.

 

“Honey, if one of us has to sacrifice themselves to save Baby, I’ll do it.” Emmett volunteers.

 

“I can tell them I hit him for insulting my brother.” Molly tells us. 

 

Jay rolls his eyes and walks out of the room. He walked outside to where the kids were playing. I waited to see what he was up too. 

 

“Oh mother fu... “ We hear him shout.

 

“Daddy did you hurt your hand?” Aidan asks him.

 

“Daddy’s fine Baby. I just shouldn’t have twisted the rope around my hand.” He tells Aidan.

 

“I’m sorry Daddy, I just wanted the tire swing to turn round and round.” Jewel tells him, upset that he got hurt.

 

“Daddy just should have moved his hand, it’s fine.” He tells them, comforting his daughter with a kiss.

 

Jay walks in with a smile and lifts his hand to show where the rope burned it. 

 

“You think the police will believe I hurt my hand outside, with the kids confirming it?” He ask us looking innocent.

 

“Justin you didn’t have to hurt yourself.” Daphne runs back in with a first aid kit.

 

That is how the cops who came found us. Daphne cleaning Jay’s knuckles. 

 

“We had a report that you assaulted a Michael Novotny this afternoon. He also said that you kidnapped him, then tried to kill him by dumping his body in a dumpster.” The cop looked at the innocent blue eyes.

 

“I somehow lifted him over my head and threw him in a dumpster?” Jay asks in a very soft voice.

 

“Can you tell us how you hurt your hand?” He asks Jay.

 

“Daddy was playing with me outside and the rope hurt him.” Jewel tells him.

 

“Did your Daddy tell you that?” He asks her.

 

“No, silly, I wanted to go round and round, so Daddy twisted the rope for me. Wanna see?” She asks him.

 

Brian and the cop went outside with Jewel. The other cop stood there looking at Jay to see if it was believable that he could have gotten Michael in the garbage can. The first cop comes back inside and asks to look at Jay’s hand.

 

“There was some blood on the rope, so it seems likely.” He tells his partner.

 

“Stay here and I’ll talk to the neighbors to see if they saw anything.” The second cop leaves the room.

 

“Can you explain why he would make this up?” He asks Jay.

 

“He doesn’t like that he had my child and not my fiance’s child. He… tried to… steal Brian’s… um, sample but…. Um, got mine instead.” Jay even shed a tear for affect.

 

“So you share a child with him?” He asked Justin.

 

“He doesn’t have anything to do with Jewel.” Brian tells him.

 

“Is it okay if the children leave the room?” Jen asks the cop.

 

“It’s fine, I really just need to determine if there is any truth to the assault.” He tells her.

 

“Have you been having problems with Mr. Novotny?” He ask Jay and Brian.

 

“I’ve been gone and just recently reconnected with my now fiance. Brian is the one who’s been dealing with their constant harassment. I haven’t even seen him.” Jay tells him.

 

The other cop comes in, shaking his head no.

 

“The neighbor on the right was home all day and told me that she was outside all day. According to her, the only people who she’s seen come to the house are in the house.” He tells the other cop.

 

“Did you show her the picture that we have of Mr. Novotny?” He asks his partner.

 

“Yes, and she told me that he and a woman with red hair are over here causing problems a lot, but she didn’t see him today.” He tells us.

 

“That’s why I had my CFO get the restraining order, I’m tired of the constant harassment. I tried not to do it because at one time we were like family, but I can’t let them continue to disrupt my house.” Brian tells him.

 

“Ask the neighbor about how after the mother or son is asked to leave, my next visit is you guys with false reports of abuse. I was even accused of raping a hustler here, while I was out of town.” He tells them.

 

They tell him they would look into the issues Brian brought up, but didn’t really think someone like Justin was capable of lifting a man his size up and over into a dumpster as tall as him. I had to hold in ‘but the three bears could’.

 

DEB

 

The manager of the diner told me that he wasn’t sure how to handle the fact that no one wanted me to serve them. He was also worried that he would lose business if he kept me on. I told him that he couldn’t fire me over a doctored video. He told me that he could send me home since no one was willing to have me wait on them. 

 

I decided Michael and I were going to go to Brian’s and threaten to sue them for slandering me and the possibility I could lose my job, because of them. It’s times like this that I wish we hadn’t sided with Lindsay, because I could use Mel, being a lawyer, to help us. Too late for getting a lawyer to help us for free. I got home and am going to have to tell Michael he needs to send the toys back because we need the money to pay the bills before they are two months late.

 

Michael walks in the door a couple hours later. He was wearing scrubs for some reason.

 

“Michael why aren’t you dressed for work? What happened to your face?” I ask him.

 

“I didn’t go. I went to talk to Brian, but you’ll never guess who was at the door.” He tells me.

 

“Who? Last time I was there he had a guy sitting on the couch, probably a trick. Tall, black hair, nice build, you know the kind Brian likes to fuck, was it him? Because I have a score to settle with him”. I tell him.

 

“NO MA, it was the fucking twink.” He tells me.

 

“No, the guy isn’t a twink.” I tell him.

 

“Ma, fucking listen to me. Justin Taylor was at Brian’s house. He hit me Ma.” Michael tells me.

 

“Justin is back?” I hoped he was wrong, because this would cause us all kinds of headaches for us.

 

“YES MOTHER, but he fucking hit me. Next thing I know I’m in the dumpster behind Babylon. I tried to tell the cops he must have been hoping to kill me. They all acted like I was making it up.” He tells me.

 

“You were in the dumpster, how did you get there?” I ask him.

 

“Justin dumped me in there.” He tells me.

 

“What did the cops do? I hope they put his ass in jail for hurting you.” I tell him.

 

“They acted like I was lying. Then they handed me this.” Michael hands me a paper.

 

“They let Brian put a restraining order on you?” I ask him.

 

“You too Ma. The cop who brought me home asked me to tell you to come to the door.” He tells me.

 

“I’ll go to the door, but they better reassure me that Justin is being picked up. No one hurts you baby.” I tell him.

 

I walked to the door prepared to tell him to fucking arrest Justin for hurting Michael. I didn’t get a word out before he shoved my restraining order in my hand.

 

“This is just to inform you that if you go within five hundred feet of Mr. Kinney, he can have you arrested.” He tells me.

 

“My son was hurt and we get a restraining order?” I snapped at him.

 

“The complaint was followed up on but there is no one who says Michael Novotny was at Brian Kinney’s house. They questioned the neighbor who was home all day, and the cops who interviewed Mr. Thomas just don’t believe someone his size could have lifted your son into the dumpster.” He tells me.

 

“Mr. Taylor not Thomas, if you had questioned the right person, then maybe I would be the one with the restraining order.” I tell him.

 

“The only person at the house who fit Mr Novotny’s complaint was Mr Thomas. If you want to file a complaint that up to you. I’m just here to answer any questions you have about the restraining order. If you don’t have any questions about that, then you can go to the station with your son and file a complaint.” He tells me and leaves my porch.

 

They better believe I’m going to fucking complain, Michael isn’t going to be shoved aside for Justin and whoever this Thomas guy was. I was about to tell Michael we were going over there, but realized that it might be better to not have to figure out where to get bail money. 

 

“Michael you need to call Lindsay and tell her to get her ass back here. We are going need her to help us.” I tell him.