- Text Size +

EMMETT

 

Max and I were finally alone and as promised I waited until today to see what was inscribed in the ring. I pulled off the ring and read what Max felt was important for me to wait for.

 

“It was love at first sight and will be love at last sight”

 

“It will be love at every sight” Max tells me.

 

BRIAN 

 

Justin and I were sitting in my lawyer, Paul's office trying to consolidate our lives. Our wedding was next week and we wanted everything done before then. We wanted to know if Justin needed to do anything to resume his life.

 

“Staying with the name Jay Thomas would be easier.” Justin tells me. 

“Since you never needed to file taxes, and didn’t own property under Justin Taylor there is nothing to do. Just consolidate your lives together. You were never declared dead.” Paul tells him.

 

“With getting married, couldn't I just change Aidan’s and my last name to Kinney?” Justin asks him. 

 

“Yes and Brian should take a DNA test so he can bypass adopting Aidan.” He tells us. 

 

“Then I just get added to the birth certificate?” I ask him. 

 

“Yes and it protects you and him from anyone trying to disclude Aidan from your will. Justin needs to do the same with Jewel.” He tells us. 

 

“What about Gus?” Justin asks him. 

 

“Unless you feel any family members could try to take what you want him to have, that shouldn't be a problem.” Paul tells us. 

 

“If I adopt him, it would solve that from happening?” Justin asks him. 

 

“You'd have to have Lindsay agree, she is still his legal parent.” He tells Justin. 

 

“For now, put the amount I want in trust for him. Lindsay isn't going to agree to anything.” Justin tells him. 

 

“You're both sure you want to combine finances?” He asks us. 

 

“Is there some reason you think we shouldn't?” I ask him. 

 

“I'm a lawyer Brian and when I see assets this large, I ask. If you divorce, Justin stands to lose more.” He tells me. 

 

“I trust Brian, so just take care of it.” Justin tells him. 

 

We finished signing all the paperwork and left the office. It was a shock to see how much Justin owned under Jay Thomas. We never discussed how much he was really worth. I'm not a pauper but I’m nowhere near his league.  

 

“Brian we are not getting divorced, so let's not make this into you taking advantage of me.” Justin tells me. 

 

“I’m not worried about that, it was nice to hear your trust me.” I tell him.

 

With the wedding being just family and a few of my clients, we decided to have it in our home. Justin had a bower set up for us to get married under, and tables set around the area for the guests. He liked that the guests could sit in one place for the ceremony and dinner after. I didn’t care as long as it finished with Justin and I married.

 

We chose to have the children to be our best men and woman. Jewel was dressed in her princess dress and the boy were each fitted for their suits. Justin and I wanted the kids to stand with us as we joined as a family. Once everyone was seated, my family and I all walked to the front together and stood for the ceremony.  When the minister asked us if we had any words we wanted to say, I let Justin go first.

 

“Brian, we are truly blessed to be standing here and joining our lives. Even after being separated, somehow we found each other again and to me that means that we were meant for each other. I’m proud to stand next to you and become your husband. Thank you for loving me enough to never stop looking for me.” He tells me.

 

“Justin, there was never going to be anyone else. I would have spent my life waiting for you, but you found your way home to me. I know that I’m truly blessed to have had you come home to me with our son. Loving you has been one of the privileges that life bestowed on me.” I tell him.

 

The minister finished the ceremony and we walked with our children to greet everyone as the Kinney’s.

 

MAX

 

I had just started to show and wanted to take Emmett out for dinner to celebrate being four months pregnant. I arranged dinner at the new Greek restaurant that Emmett want to try. Emmett got up to talk to a couple whose wedding he was helping with, while I waited for the food.

 

“Max, is that you?” Eric asks me.

 

“Must be because my driver’s license says I am.” I tell him. Why is he fucking talking to me.

 

“I thought it was you, I just wanted to come over and say hi.” He tells me.

 

“Why?” I ask him.

 

“Look, I know what I did was shitty, but I never meant to hurt you.” He tells me.

 

“Which is why I’m trying to figure out why you’re standing here.” I tell him.

 

“I don’t want us to be on bad terms.” He tells me.

 

“Then turn your ass around and go find your hubby, because I don’t want to be on any terms with you.” I tell him.

 

“If it makes you feel any better we’re getting divorced. I thought maybe you and I could get together sometime.” He tells me.

 

“Not going to happen.” I tell him.

 

“I really think if we try again it could work. I wanted children and now we don’t have that pressure on us.” He tells me.

 

“Jay asked me a question and you could answer it for me now. Who had the kids, you or the hubby?” I ask him.

 

“I had the kids, Jeff didn’t want to.” He tells me.

 

“Hard for Jeff to have a kid with a guy who shoots blanks.” I toss out to see what he’s going to say.

 

“Did someone tell you that, because I promise I didn’t know until I got pregnant.” He tells me.

 

“I figured it out when I found out I was pregnant myself, because my husband’s swimmers made it through a condom.” I tell him.

 

“You married one of the crazy shits you dated?” He asks me.

 

“Since I’m not married to you, that would be a no.” I tell him.

 

“You finally convinced Jay to marry you?” He sneers at me.

 

“I really don’t get why you constantly wanted to fight about Jay when we were together. Now I wonder if it wasn’t because you were fucking around. Was that it, because you couldn’t keep it in your pants then I must be fucking Jay?” I ask him.

 

“There is no way two guys could be as close as you two were and not have been.” He tells me.

 

“That would be you and your bestie. Mine got married last month to one of my new best friends. In fact Jay is the reason I found my husband, so in a way you're right, because Emmett and I couldn’t be in a room together and not fuck.” I tell him. 

 

“Max, are you okay?” Emmett asks as he comes back to the table.

 

“Dandy, now that your back. Emmett meet Eric.” I tell him.

 

“Hi Dick.” Emmett says with a smile.

 

“Eric.” Eric glares at Emmett.

 

“Dickless works for me. Max we should introduce him to Brian. I’m sure he would love to come up with a name for Dick.” Emmett tells me.

 

“Yeah but what would be a good name for someone who treats you like shit for not getting pregnant, fucks around behind your back and then thinks you still want him when the new guy dumps his ass? And don’t let me forget, treats Jay like crap.” I tell Emmett.

 

“Brian would call him a dead man, but you know how Brian is about Jay.” Emmett tells Eric.

 

“Like I care about Jay’s husband. If Max had paid less attention to Jay and his brat, I wouldn’t have cheated on him.” He tells Emmett.

 

“At least this time Brian would let the garbage run, don’t you think Max?” Emmett asks me.

 

“Max, call me when you come to your senses.” Eric tells me, ignoring Emmett.

 

“You know what Eric, I think I owe Jeff a present for getting you out of my life. Shit Emmett, if it wasn’t for Jeff, I might have stayed longer with Dickless.” I tell him.

 

I smile as my mistake walks away from us. Eric is barely a glitch on my radar now.