- Text Size +

BRIAN 

 

I managed to not drive Justin completely crazy as each month went by. One thing I learned was to walk away when he pulled out a bag of baby carrots. It was his way of telling me I was hovering. The first time he started crunching on them was when I ran to lift the bag of flour he was pulling out to make biscuits with. He started mumbling about five pounds and impossible husbands, then pulled out the carrots, looked at me, and bit into one while glaring at me.

 

“Craving carrots now?” I ask him. 

 

“No… ‘CRUNCH ’... just using carrots in place of your dick… ‘CRUNCH’.” He tells me. 

 

Since I happen to like having a dick, the carrots were in constant supply. The children were on my team and told me when Daddy was reaching for the carrots, of course I told them that Daddy ate them because he loved us. 

 

“Daddy must love us lots today.” Jewel tells me one day when I came in the door.

 

“Did he tell you that?” I ask her.

 

“No, he’s eating a whole bag of carrots.” She tells me smiling.

 

I grabbed the kids and took them outside to play. When we came in, dinner was on the table and not a carrot in site. By the time Justin was in his final week, he was eating carrots every time I saw him. Was it really that bad that I was helping him up the stairs and pulling him up when he wanted to get out of a chair? Justin’s answer was loud crunching.

 

I was ready to get sane Justin back, and almost cheered when the doctor told us that if the baby wasn’t here in the next two days, they would take the baby. Max, Emmett and Anna came to help with the kids. I was just hoping that between Max and Daphne, Justin would stop being hormonal. Not that I was stupid enough to say that out loud. I would have preferred Justin be throwing up rather than being pissy about anything I did to keep him from overexerting himself.

 

Justin and I wanted to know what the baby’s sex, but baby wasn’t cooperating. We must have the only baby that shows it’s ass and not anything else to the camera. 

 

Justin and Daphne were going to get some bagels for breakfast. I was going to suggest that I go but the glare stopped me. 

 

“He’s giving you hell, isn’t he?” Max asks me.

 

“He seems to think that anything I do to help is too much.” I tell Max.

 

“He didn’t want me to help either.” Max tells me.

 

“I just wish he would have let me go to the shop. He could go into labor at anytime.” I tell Max.

 

“At least he’d call you when it happens. I got to the hospital after he delivered, I only found out he was at the grocery store when the guy who brought him to the hospital told me.” Max tells me.

 

Justin got home and started making breakfast for everyone. Every once in awhile Justin would stop what he was doing for a minute, smile at me and then resume cooking. I didn’t know why but I was just smiling back because I wasn’t sure why he was smiling at me. We all sat down for breakfast and when Justin sat next to me, I heard him breathing hard.

 

“Everything okay?” I ask him.

 

“I’m fine, let’s just eat and then you can take me to the hospital.” He tells me.

 

“Sure.” I tell him.

 

I bit into my toast and started chewing, then thought about what he just said. 

 

“Justin, what’s going on?” I ask him.

 

“We’re eating breakfast.” He tells me.

 

He drops his fork and grips the table. I watched as he closed his eyes and started breathing in pants. He lets go of the table and resumes eating again, like he wasn’t in fucking labor.

 

“Emmett, can you take care of the kids, I think Brian and I need to go.” He tells Emmett calmly.

 

“Baby, is it time?” Emmett asks him.

 

I didn’t wait for an answer I pulled him out of his chair and started walking him to the door. Justin was doing great until we reached the front door then he let me go and braced his hands on the door.

 

“Brian we need to hurry.” Justin tells me.

 

I got him to the car and put him in as he was smiling and waving to the kids, who came outside to watch us go. Once I got us on the road, Justin stopped pretending nothing was going on.

 

“I really want something to knock me the hell out, this is worse than when I was having Aidan.” Justin tells me while hunching over.

 

“We’ll be at the hospital in fifteen minutes.” I tell him.

 

Justin leaned the seat back and was shifting around. I keep my eyes on the road as he moaned and whimpered on the passenger side of the car. I pulled up to the entrance and ran into get a wheelchair because Justin couldn’t move out of the seat. When the orderly and I came outside, it was to see an EMT standing outside the open passenger side door.

 

“Sir, we need to get you in the hospital.” The EMT tells Justin.

 

“It’s coming right now.” Justin yells at him.

 

“Can I check?” The EMT ask him.

 

Justin nods his head and allows the EMT to exam him. The EMT turns after examining Justin and tells the orderly to get the doctor out here because he has a head in his hand.

 

“But he just started labor fifteen minutes ago.” I tell the guy.

 

“No, it started this morning.” Justin pants out.

 

“You didn’t think that was something you should have told me?” I ask him.

 

“I wanted to have breakfast with the kids first.” He says and lets out a scream.

 

The doctor came running out the door and the orderly came with a gurney, behind the doctor.

 

“Well Justin looks like the baby didn’t want to come inside.” The doctor tells us as he and the EMT cut his pants off.

 

I stood there at the entrance to the hospital and watched as my daughter was born in the front seat of my car, along with the rest of our family who pulled in to the hospital. When she was delivered, Justin was loaded on a gurney with the baby in his arms.

 

“If I had a bag of carrots right now, I’d have stuffed them all in my mouth.” I tell the twat.

 

Emmett, Max and I had to catch the kids when they tried to join Justin on the gurney. We followed Justin into the hospital. I handed Aidan off to Emmett and went to see Justin and our new daughter.

 

The nurse handed me scrubs and helped me get ready to go in the room. Justin was laying on the bed smiling down at the baby.

 

“Brian, are the kids okay?” Justin asks me when he looks up.

 

“They’re fine, it’s not everyday they get to watch a baby being born.” I tell him.

 

Justin holds out the baby for me to hold. I look down at my impatient little girl and fall in love, just like I did each time I met my new child.

 

“What are we naming her?” I ask Justin.

 

“Gemma, I want Gemma.” Justin tells me.

 

“Why?” I asked him.

 

“It means precious one.” Justin tell me.

 

I lean over to kiss Justin and have my Gem in my arms, life couldn’t have turned out more perfect if we tried.