- Text Size +

JUSTIN 

 

You know, all through my pregnancy, I kept getting pissy with Brian for helping me. Now I want to get down on my knees and thank him, for making it so I'm not running myself ragged with four kids. Brian was letting Ted and Cynthia run things at work while he stayed home and helped with the kids. We were lucky that Jewel, Gus, and Aidan had started school. It made it easier to give all the kids our time. 

 

Brian took the night shift because he still went in to work long enough to help Ted and Cynthia, but was home in time to watch Gemma, while I picked up the others from school. It worked out great, because it gave me a chance to get out of the house everyday.

 

Max was talking about the Paris show this summer, so we had some decisions to make about whether all of us go or just I did. 

 

“If I go alone, I could just leave after and come home.” I tell him. 

 

“Do you want to go alone?” He asks me. 

 

“I want you there, but who would watch the kids?” I ask him. 

 

“Why not invite your mom, Molly and Daphne.” I tell him. 

 

“They would want to go to the show too.” He tells me. 

 

“What's Max doing with Anna?” He asks me. 

 

“They were going to bring her, Emmett was going to watch her while Max works.” I tell him. 

 

“I could do the same thing.” He tells me. 

 

“Brian, we have four, not one.” I tell him. 

 

“And I'll have your family to help me.” He tells me. 

 

So we ended up making reservations for a private flight, because Mel, Ted and Blake came too. Max rented a villa for two weeks so we could vacation after the show. While Sam and I had to do the rounds before the show, the family got to see the sights. Brian was in charge of getting everyone outfits to wear to the opening, which required a trip to Italy for Brian. 

 

Sam was divorcing wife number six, but this time she left him, not that Sam seemed to care. He was eyeing Daphne, who was wearing a deep purple slip dress that had a slit up the leg.

 

“I think I just saw my muse.” He tells me, tilting his head at Daphne.

 

“She’d rip your balls off and feed them to you Hannibal style.” I tell him.

 

Sam seemed to think about it and decided to try for the giggling blonde smiling at him. Brian and our children showed up and I can honestly say Armani was born to dress my family. Jewel was wearing a yellow princess dress and Brian had Gemma in a lilac dress. The boys were wearing suits like their father. I just smiled at the women and men eyeing my husband. 

 

I had to make myself available to answer questions, so Brian and Gemma stuck by my side, while the kids went around with Mom, Daphne, and Molly. I was answering another question about Brian and our children, when I see Daphne running up to us.

 

“Justin, you and Brian have to see this.” Daphne tells us.

 

We follow Daphne to one of my paintings to find Jewel, Aidan, and Gus sitting in front of it with a cake in front of them and their faces covered in frosting.

 

“They were offering the waiter that painting for the cake.” Daphne tells us.

 

“The chef thought it was cute and brought them a cake, they just sat down and started eating it.” Mom tells us.

 

When the show was over the kids were still hyped up on sugar, but managed to crash in the car on the way to the villa. So all of us put the kids to bed and decided to sit out on the veranda and have adult time. 

 

“Are you and Emmett still thinking about moving to Pittsburgh?” Ted asks Max.

 

“I would still have to be in New York part-time because of business, but Elaine can take care of most of the week.” He tells Ted.

 

“Max and I want Anna to be raised with the other kids.” Emmett tells them.

 

“Are you two going to have any more?” Blake asks them.

 

“We want to wait until Anna is older, but most likely.” Max tells them.

 

“What about you and Brian?” My mom asks us.

 

“Brian and I decided that Gemma is the last one for us.” I tell Mom.

 

“What about you Ted, any baby fever?” Max asks him.

 

“Ted and I like being uncles, but we could change our minds.” Blake tells us.

 

“I like the freedom not having a kid gives Blake and me.” Ted tells us.

 

“What about you Mel, ever going to get back in the dating game?” Emmett ask her.

 

“I’m open to the idea.” She tells us.

 

“Mel, you need to just get out there.” Daphne tells her.

 

“It’s different when you're older. I don’t want to go to the bars, but it seems to be the only place to meet anyone.” She tell us.

 

“What about other people you meet at work?” Daphne asks her.

 

“The problem with that is all they want to talk about is law. I’d rather be able to come home and not talk about work.” She tells her.

 

“I promise not to talk about law.” Elaine says from the doorway, then turns and walks back in the house. Mel seemed to be rendered mute.

 

“Mel, that was lesbian for ‘let’s hook up’.” Brian tells her.

 

Mel stands up and walks to where Brian is sitting. Brian looks at her trying to figure out what she’s doing. She leans over until they are touching foreheads and pecks him on the lips. Then shakes her head and starts walking away.

 

“Why’d you kiss Brian?” Emmett asked her.

 

“It’s been so long for me that I needed to remind myself that I still play for the home team.” Mel tells us.

 

“Kissing Brian proved that?” I ask her.

 

“I figured if I was switching sides, kissing Brian would remind me why I like being a lesbian.” She smirks and walks in the house.

 

“Dream about me Smelly Melly.” Brian yells to her.

 

“That’s nightmares, stud boy.” Mel yells back.

 

“Oh man, they're going to get it on aren’t they?” Max ask me.

 

“Doubtful, women have to have meaning behind sex.” I tell him.

 

“But if they do we’ll all know about it.” Max tells us.

 

“And your point? Because it’s not like we don’t know about you guys going at it.” Daphne looks at Max.

 

“Look if it was you Daphne, we could at least fantasize about the guy, but now we’re stuck with all girl parts.” Max shivers at the thought.

 

“Lezzie sex could be hot.” Emmett tells us.

 

“Can we not say sex?” Max tells us.

 

“Why not?” Emmett ask him.

 

“Cause dude, Elaine is like my sister and you’re telling me you find that hot?” Max asks him.

 

“We could picture Tucker, because Mom got a prime piece.” Daphne high fives my mom.

 

“Brian, I think I just lost the ability to get hard for the next twenty years.” I tell him.

 

“You and your mom do seem to pick men everyone wants to see naked.” Ted teases me.

 

“Brian, Ted wants to see you naked.” Daphne singsongs.

 

“Of course he does, but he’d rather see Justin, he just doesn’t want me to kill him for saying it.” Brian says tongue in cheek.

 

“Could we not talk about my son naked?” Mom asks us.

 

“How about we talk about Tucker naked.” Daphne teases Mom.

 

“Brian, if you ever want to see me naked again, we need to get out of here.” I tell him.

 

“I’m afraid to go in the house, we might spot random girl parts.” Brian tells me.

 

“I promise to show you my boy parts.” I whisper in his ear.

 

Brian gets up and drags me into the house.

 

“We heard that.” Daphne yells.